Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Myyco.com Shop: Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinehenik0
Stranger

changing water
    #619575 - 04/21/12 05:14 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Plants are loving this top feed dwc. I had to amputate bucket #6 off the system because it was having problems with minor leaks. Got a new bucket and just kind of waiting for a reason to drain the system so I can hook it back up and get back up to 100% capacity. my questions is will the plants/roots be ok if I pump out the old water (takes about 5 minutes) and then refill the system with fresh water, add nutes, and then Ph it? or would all those things be too much of a shock? I can move fast enough to get the 6th bucket on there without draining the system and making a mess, maybe I'll just add it and then top off the system and adjust nutes and pH from there? maybe it'd be better for the plants not to be stripped of their nice aerated, nutrient rich water then to have 9.3pH cold water flooded in, and then wait for the system to balance out the ppm's and pH?

don't wanna kill my babies!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: changing water [Re: henik0]
    #619579 - 04/21/12 05:26 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

You should be doing this at least once a week anyways man.  Add a bit of pH down it while it's filling to help with the shock.  Then see what it's at.  Also you can boil some water to add to the res while you filling it as well to help with temp.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

Offlinehenik0
Stranger

Re: changing water [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #619589 - 04/21/12 05:50 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

damn H.A. you're all over it with the advice :thumbup:

yeah I heard once a week also, good point. the nutes kind of acidify the water a bit anyways, so I think I'll go water->nutes->pH and I'll just be careful how fast/far I go with it. shouldn't take me more than an hour to get it changed over and dialed in. I just wanted to make sure it wasn't going to be anything super horrifying to my roots.

also should I just wait for pre-flowers to show or clone and sex as soon as the plants are mature? I've heard a lot of people just let them go until they see pre-flowers at like 6 weeks. which seems like it would be about on par with how long it take a clone to take root, recover, and then flower.

thanks!!!

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: changing water [Re: henik0]
    #619591 - 04/21/12 05:57 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Just keep an eye on the roots while you're doing this and make sure that they don't dry out too much.  Just spray em with water if you think they're getting too dry. 

If they're big enough to take clones and sex go for it.  Or you can just leave em and wait for it to happen on their own, then cull the males and clone the rest.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

Jump to top Pages: 1

Myyco.com Shop: Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale