Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Getting Nervous.. [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #612285 - 03/10/12 07:19 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Yeah I don't see anything in those photos man

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineBlackd0ve420
 User Gallery

#612286 - 03/10/12 07:20 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

It's just basically cheap dirt =/, I was told to stay away from Miracle Grow and things with additives so I saw organic and got it...Even hypothetically if it's bad quality it wouldn't kill them this early would it?

Edit: I'll put better quality ones up tomorrow.

Edited by Blackd0ve420 (03/10/12 07:20 PM)

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Getting Nervous.. [Re: Blackd0ve420]
    #612287 - 03/10/12 07:22 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

It's not a matter of quality but of how much in the way of nutrient levels it has.  If for some reason it has a crap load of nutrients it could kill it pretty quick. 

Not sure that's the problem though

--------------------

-niteowl

OfflineBlackd0ve420
 User Gallery

#612289 - 03/10/12 07:27 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Gr...I was getting the organic with the impression it didn't have loads of additives like that...I remember when I used my dark pasture soil my seeds grew so fast.

Meh...for now I am letting them chill in 70 temperatures for the night with the one light...We'll see in the morning..

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #612290 - 03/10/12 07:43 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Organic doesn't mean that the soil doesn't have nutrients.  Just that the nutrients it has come from organic sources.  That may not even be your problem though so we can't blame it on that yet.

--------------------

-niteowl

OfflineBlackd0ve420
 User Gallery

#612495 - 03/12/12 09:08 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Well one seed is dead. There's one guy left that looks a little better after I gave him lots of water and put the light closer, he's got a big root but the seed hasn't popped open its leaves yet...we'll see.

If there is some one that wants to work with me online here PM me please, help is appreciated. I've gotten wonderful sprouts before using my dark rich pasture soil. I am planning on using the paper towel/plastic bag germination method(also germinate longer), microwave sterilizing some of my pasture dirt, putting them in a small cup until I've got some leafy sprouts then cut the cup open into a medium size pot.

OfflineBlackd0ve420
 User Gallery

#613048 - 03/17/12 07:24 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

think I know why though and I feel like an idiot lawl. I had 2 40 watt Incandescent bulbs instead of CFL's...yeah...face palm...anyways. I did a take two.

I dropped another seed in a cup of water. It dropped to the bottom same day and the seed popped the next day. I planted it in a small Styrofoam cup about half full with some of my rich pasture soil which I microwave sterilized (It was nice and pitch black), I then added some water into it and mixed it up with my hands until it was nice and fluffy. I planted it about as deep as the size of my index finger nail. Covered it lightly (not packed) with soil. Then watered. I covered the cup with saran wrap and put it under 2 26 watt CFL's (Total lumens come out to about 3400). Temperature is consistent at 80-81 degrees. I been only lightly misting to keep humidity up and soil lightly damp.

I planted that one 3 days ago...I really hope I see it sprout because I'll start pulling my hair out if I f up this batch too. I also wrapped another seed in a damp paper towel and then put it in a ziplock bag..giving that germination method a shot too just in case...

Offlinebudgrowerwannabe
Bum fighter
Male User Gallery

#613052 - 03/17/12 08:08 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Blackd0ve420 said:
think I know why though and I feel like an idiot lawl. I had 2 40 watt Incandescent bulbs instead of CFL's...yeah...face palm...anyways. I did a take two.

I dropped another seed in a cup of water. It dropped to the bottom same day and the seed popped the next day. I planted it in a small Styrofoam cup about half full with some of my rich pasture soil which I microwave sterilized (It was nice and pitch black), I then added some water into it and mixed it up with my hands until it was nice and fluffy. I planted it about as deep as the size of my index finger nail. Covered it lightly (not packed) with soil. Then watered. I covered the cup with saran wrap and put it under 2 26 watt CFL's (Total lumens come out to about 3400). Temperature is consistent at 80-81 degrees. I been only lightly misting to keep humidity up and soil lightly damp.

I planted that one 3 days ago...I really hope I see it sprout because I'll start pulling my hair out if I f up this batch too. I also wrapped another seed in a damp paper towel and then put it in a ziplock bag..giving that germination method a shot too just in case...

I used the paper towels method works well for me 9 out of ever 10 germ.
for me. I have a question  What is the difference between Incandescent and cfl's

OfflineBlackd0ve420
 User Gallery

Re: Getting Nervous.. [Re: budgrowerwannabe]
    #613061 - 03/17/12 08:40 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

It'll be my first time trying it. I've used the cup method so well in that past which is why I am getting so frustrated! They germinate just find it's just that period of planting to sprouting that for some reason I am stuck at...

Somewhere on the main site it says to stay away from incandescent. I am not sure exactly but I do know that they do not nearly provide the right kind of light that it needs. It was on the warm end of the light spectrum+one 40 watt incandescent gives out about 400 lumens while 1 26 watt cfl bulb gives out about 1700. So even with my two 40 watt incandescent I was only getting about half the lumens of one cfl. I believe it says 2000 lumens is the bare minimum requirement though 3000 is optimal.

Offlinebudgrowerwannabe
Bum fighter
Male User Gallery

#613066 - 03/17/12 08:55 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Blackd0ve420 said:
It'll be my first time trying it. I've used the cup method so well in that past which is why I am getting so frustrated! They germinate just find it's just that period of planting to sprouting that for some reason I am stuck at...

Somewhere on the main site it says to stay away from incandescent. I am not sure exactly but I do know that they do not nearly provide the right kind of light that it needs. It was on the warm end of the light spectrum+one 40 watt incandescent gives out about 400 lumens while 1 26 watt cfl bulb gives out about 1700. So even with my two 40 watt incandescent I was only getting about half the lumens of one cfl. I believe it says 2000 lumens is the bare minimum requirement though 3000 is optimal.

ok thanks hope your seed germ fast for you

OfflineBlackd0ve420
 User Gallery

#613138 - 03/18/12 01:52 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

I hope so too lol..nothing yet i'll post when it does

Offlinebudgrowerwannabe
Bum fighter
Male User Gallery

#613161 - 03/18/12 03:55 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

I will be looking forward seeing your grow check out mine let me know what you think

OfflineBlackd0ve420
 User Gallery

#613375 - 03/19/12 05:31 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

budgrowerwannabe said:

for me.

You'll get a chuckle out of this, so I planted a seed earlier today that I had germinated using the paper towel method (Let it soak for 48 hours, the tap root was about half centimeter out +/-), Planted it in a red solo cup with a combination of my pasture soil/organic soil, a very small amount of verm/perlite, I put it almost surface level with just a tiiinny amount of dirt covering it...and guess what?...It's beating the seed that I germinated 4 days ago with the cup method!!!....WTF!!!!@#$!@# Lmao.....The one I used with the cup method is just sitting on the surface/no signs of popping out leaves...pick it out carefully and try to re germinate?

The one I used earlier today is already showing a nice thick green tap root and is pushing the seed up above ground...

Sooooo idk if it was because I used bag seed while using the cup method some years ago and now I am using dro seeds from a vendor...but paper towel method the way to go...if the fail seed doesn't show progress soon I'll start to germinate another one that way. Sigh...I guess this is just how one learns right?

Btw Budgwb, checked out your journal, awesome stuff! I'll be watching, I hope my plants will look as healthy as yours [^_^], good luck! I'll keep you all posted.

Is there anything I can do for the fail seed? Or should I just let it RIP in the seed graveyard if things don't progress?

Offlinebudgrowerwannabe
Bum fighter
Male User Gallery

#613385 - 03/19/12 06:52 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Blackd0ve420 said:
Quote:

budgrowerwannabe said:

for me.

You'll get a chuckle out of this, so I planted a seed earlier today that I had germinated using the paper towel method (Let it soak for 48 hours, the tap root was about half centimeter out +/-), Planted it in a red solo cup with a combination of my pasture soil/organic soil, a very small amount of verm/perlite, I put it almost surface level with just a tiiinny amount of dirt covering it...and guess what?...It's beating the seed that I germinated 4 days ago with the cup method!!!....WTF!!!!@#$!@# Lmao.....The one I used with the cup method is just sitting on the surface/no signs of popping out leaves...pick it out carefully and try to re germinate?

The one I used earlier today is already showing a nice thick green tap root and is pushing the seed up above ground...

Sooooo idk if it was because I used bag seed while using the cup method some years ago and now I am using dro seeds from a vendor...but paper towel method the way to go...if the fail seed doesn't show progress soon I'll start to germinate another one that way. Sigh...I guess this is just how one learns right?

Btw Budgwb, checked out your journal, awesome stuff! I'll be watching, I hope my plants will look as healthy as yours [^_^], good luck! I'll keep you all posted.

Is there anything I can do for the fail seed? Or should I just let it RIP in the seed graveyard if things don't progress?

Just let it be water it when it gets dry and hope for the best The more you fuck with it the more it might likely die

OfflineBlackd0ve420
 User Gallery

#613434 - 03/19/12 09:48 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Kk. I have a feeling it's not going to make it but I'll give it its chance. If I don't see any progress by tomorrow night I'll start germinating a new seed to take its place.

Offlinebudgrowerwannabe
Bum fighter
Male User Gallery

#613610 - 03/20/12 08:01 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Blackd0ve420 said:
Kk. I have a feeling it's not going to make it but I'll give it its chance. If I don't see any progress by tomorrow night I'll start germinating a new seed to take its place.

sounds like a good idea

Offlinepoke_joster
Stranger

#616170 - 04/03/12 10:15 PM (12 years, 18 days ago)

Add more perlite and vermiculite to the soil, don't be afraid to mix it down to 50% soil or less. You might not have enough aeration or drainage for them in the soaked soil that retains so much water

OfflineBlackd0ve420
 User Gallery

Re: Getting Nervous.. [Re: poke_joster]
    #616224 - 04/04/12 11:53 AM (12 years, 17 days ago)

I'll probably do that when I have to transplant the seedlings to their pots (In idk...2-3 weeks?). What do you all think, 2 part soil 1 part verm 1 part perlite?

P.S. Should I drill holes in the bottom of the pots I plan on using or does it matter

Edited by Blackd0ve420 (04/04/12 11:53 AM)

Offlinepoke_joster
Stranger

#616264 - 04/04/12 06:41 PM (12 years, 17 days ago)

Could even just put in an equal amount of each. Yes, make sure there are drainage holes in the bottom this way you can flush them out later.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals