Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineSpenner
The Spenner
Male

Loc: Canada Flag
Shit that I like
    #611250 - 03/02/12 11:30 AM (12 years, 29 days ago)

Because I feel like rambling, I'm gonna post a bunch of the shit that I like, depending on my mood, and explain why I like it. I feel as though there'll be some new material for all to hear potentially :sunny: or not.

Aquarius - Boards of Canada

Really chill song that reminds me of some dreamlike euphoric high. The whole atmosphere is just so welcoming and great, reminds me of being in a coffee shop.

The Flashbulb - Autumn Insomnia Session

This song is pretty much why I love drums in songs so much now, the way he uses it as an instrument that isn't just in the background, isn't just there for headbanging, isn't just there for keeping a steady rhythm (because it isn't always steady and consistent) it's as diverse and organic as the other instruments playing. Not to mention the ending is a very enjoyable solo~

Gas - Konigsforst 1 and 2

These two songs came to me at a sort of special time... I was really kind of out of it for a long period of time when I discovered them. The first one reminds me of the comeup of a very powerful psychedelic trip, to an inexperienced psychonaut. The anxiety, racing heart, confusion and fear is very much persistent in the song. Yet, because it repeats in the same space over and over, one can learn to reinterpret what's already there and make it something a lot more positive. Learning how to do that with just a song was a good way to learn how to apply the same thing to situations, and emotions. The second song reminds me of finally finding a balance, being at one with myself and the drug and finally being in a wonderful beautiful organic space.

Steve Roach - Trance Spirits

I've never done peyote or ayahuasca but this entire album to me sounds like the perfect album for a divine experience. Great to zone out to and to explore inner psychedelic thoughts that are persisting. The patterns of drumming feel so alive and breathing, it's very trippy. Highly recommend the whole album, though.

Steve Roach - Darkest Before Dawn

This is a very intense song. It may not be what it seems on the surface for someone looking for guitar riffs and drum solos. This isn't even really a song- it's a sound, the sound of absence, the sound of a vacuum in space (if it could be put into a sound). The fact that this song has no real characteristics you can use to describe it's sound to someone makes it really interesting, because it feels fresh in your head every time you hear it again, as it's hard to strictly remember what it's all about. I put this on to sleep a lot of nights, because it can EASILY pull me into a state of drifting off, into hypnogogia, into a state of awareness in the sleeping phase. It's helped me achieve lucid dreaming as well. But it's not for everyone.

Burial - Distant Lights

This song to me is the perfect "downtown" song. It feels so much like just walking down a dark street at 3am, beggars on the street drunk and asking for change, dealers doing their business, and me, just spectating and walking to nowhere in particular. Just walking "away" from wherever I was.

The Field - Leave It

Trippy song, the first 2.5 minutes barely grab my attention but the remaining portion is some of the most euphoric sounding shit I've ever jammed in my ears. Colourful music, textures, everything. Makes me happy as fuck.

Boards of Canada - Nlogax

After the first bit of the song, which gives me some nostalgic vibes, it's like someone shoved a whole sheet of acid down my throat. The convulsion of sounds really twirls my mind, makes me think of the strangest things. It's great.

Aphex Twin - Xtal

Such a great song. It reminds me of being inside a white room, in space, with androids all around me, robotic arms painted white, very Portal-esque. Very cool atmosphere that seems technological based.

More to come later when I'm in the mood.

--------------------
~

Edited by Spenner (03/02/12 11:30 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinescrapske
Stranger

Re: Shit that I like [Re: Spenner]
    #611310 - 03/02/12 11:11 PM (12 years, 28 days ago)

hey man i write some tunes myself, its psytrance so im not sure its the kind of genre you typically listen too , but it is quite psychedelic sounding

check it out if your keen

http://soundcloud.com/scraps_official

:wink::bigjoint:

OfflineSpenner
The Spenner
Male

Loc: Canada Flag
Re: Shit that I like [Re: scrapske]
    #611565 - 03/04/12 09:02 PM (12 years, 27 days ago)

Cool stuff! I love psytrance as well, sure 'nuff :awecluster: good stuff, keep it up man.

And speaking of,

1200 Micrograms - LSD

((((oh man that buzz that's in this song @2:05 while high out of my mind is the most intense thing ever, I cant get enough of it))))

Solar Fields - Summer

Fukken great fresh track, reminds me of an Avatar-esque atmosphere. So great. Just really good vibes coming from it.

Solar Fields - Brainbow

Name of the song is relevant, this song is always psychedelic as hell with  me. The psytrance beats in the background really set a pace that my mind kind of synchronizes itself with, great for zoning out and just viewing the mastery behind the mind itself.

Autechre - plyPhon

Almost forgot about these guys-- pretty much blows my mind with the way the visuals perfectly dance with the music. Even without the video, my mind does the same. Maybe it will for you,  give it a try :wink:

Autechre - Augmatic Disport

Goddamnit this track both hurts and heals me, I've felt completely out of it with this cranked and stopped thinking I was human and felt like a fucking robot. It feels like I'm sitting at an assembly line for giant messy circuit boards with arms and whatnot, while at the same time I am one of them. And the fact that I'm realizing it is making my mind short circuit, and uhh, I guess this is the soundtrack to THAT <----

The Orb - O.O.B.E

Zen: The song. Such a great into to what is I suppose a fairly minimal track, but the headspace it sends you in from beginning to end is just so divine. Love it.

Bvdub - Gone Tomorrow

This song starts with the perfect mood. Driving downtown while simultaneously walking downtown. Seeing clean, minimalistic architecture, all that kind of blissful shit. A sun made of diamonds. Chill shit all around. That gets gradually more psychedelic as the song progresses, these sounds start layering, you start realizing that this is just the surface of the world you exist in, in this dreamspace. You are the maker of your own dreams. It feels very lucid when the heavy bass kicks in, like you KNOW that "yeah, I've got this. This is all in the mind. It's mine to make of it." It's a good feeling. But maybe too repetitive for you.

And speaking of repetitive,

GAS - GAS2

This is one of the trippiest tracks I've ever heard. Maybe it's because I have synesthesia, maybe it's because it's so VIVID, the atmosphere conveyed in this song. The song itself was made by the artist Gas after he was inspired, by taking LSD and wandering into the middle of a forest and losing his way, and just sitting there while he soared off into the unknown. This song feels like an alice in wonderland type deal, but a first person point of view in that same zone (if that makes any sense, it does for me). It has the old sounding textures, the new sounding textures, the alien, the modern, it evokes feelings of being HERE and feelings of being THERE simultaneously. The more you listen, the more you understand. This isn't just a song for me, it's an experience.
      Repetition for this song and it's sounds is like the same repetition you'd get by staring at a painting. The longer you look, the more you analyze and realize the deeper side of it, the more you can relate to yourself, the more you can learn to love it or hate it. The same but from an acoustical standpoint, or even a visual one. By being immersed in the same atmosphere repeatedly for over 10 minutes, one is able to look at and revise their own thoughts, make them more vivid, because they're clearly in focus from being triggered over and over again.

Bit of a stream of consciousness there, pardon me. That'll be all for now.

I guess I should mention that my taste is largely derived from hearing from a synesthetic point of view (with the idea of the audio being translated into visuals, my mind does it on it's own with no drugs or nothing, so each song has a characteristic aesthetic. Some ugly, some beautiful).

--------------------
~

Jump to top Pages: 1

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order