Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinecafl316
MshizzleWizzle
Male User Gallery
Loc: US
Curing with rehydrating
    #602878 - 12/26/11 09:09 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Hi, I have heard people talk of multiple ways of rehydrating their cannabis once it is curing so that it isn't as dried out as it usually gets from the typical air dry then curing in jars. I also occasionally get cannabis that is much more hydrated then other stuff I may get from another place. Anyways I was curious if people had some input on these techniques, I couldn't find much on the topic searching around. The two things I have heard of is using perlite and using an orange peel. I am not sure the correct way to do anyway though and would like to try one is a few weeks. So Any opinions or anything on it would be great.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinejimi_mac
Stranger
Loc: Canada Flag
Re: Curing with rehydrating [Re: cafl316]
    #602880 - 12/26/11 10:43 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I am not 100% sure what you are asking, but I think you are asking how to re-hydrate bud that is too dry.
Personally, I use a piece of orange peel or small piece of bread (soak it in water for a minute or too if you like to add even more moisture to the orange peel/bread)
Basically the moisture transfers from the bread/peel to the bud.
You want to keep an eye on everything.  Watch out for mold, etc.
If the bud is too wet, you can add a piece of dry bread.  The moisture from the weed goes to the bread.
If you do use bread, try not to handle everything too much...the bread can crumble and get mixed with your bud.  You don't really want to smoke bread, do you?

I hope this helps.

--------------------
Dig a hole, plant a seed, pray for rain, hope for weed.

Offlinecafl316
MshizzleWizzle
Male User Gallery
Re: Curing with rehydrating [Re: jimi_mac]
    #602901 - 12/26/11 12:33 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Does the orange peel add to the taste? And do I just leave it in the jar as I cure for a few weeks and keep rehydrating the peel as I feel necessary till my buds are how I would like them?

Offlinejimi_mac
Stranger
    #602908 - 12/26/11 02:23 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

People have said using an orange peel will leave a slight citrus flavour.
Another thing you can use is an apple slice to re-hydrate your bag.
Whatever method you use, (moist bread, apple slice, etc.) remember to check your 'goodie bag' periodically.  The last thing you will want to do is throw away your goodies because of a mold issue.
When your product is at the moisture level you desire, feel free to remove your apple, bread, etc.  If your bud becomes too dry again, repeat the process.
On the other hand, if your weed is too wet, you can add a dry piece of bread to help remove the moisture...but, most people find it easier to simply leave their bag open for a while.

--------------------
Dig a hole, plant a seed, pray for rain, hope for weed.

OfflineHempMaster
Space Trucker
Male User Gallery

Re: Curing with rehydrating [Re: jimi_mac]
    #602914 - 12/26/11 03:25 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

In my experience re-hydration  curing is something that you do to bring out the full flavor and smell of flowers, in the end the buds are still bone dry when your done, but have a much more intense smell and flavor when smoked. The method i was taught was hang dry the flowers until the stems almost snap, do standard curing in jars for 10 days, opening the jars once a day for 2 hrs. then put them in a humidor to rehydrate them, open the humidor after a day or two and leave open in a dry/dark place to dry them out again, repeat the humidor part for a min of a month. I know from experience this works very well, but is very time consuming. if your growing personal smoke and time isn't an issue this is the best way to get the full flavor and smell from your nugs, you'll notice a much more "frosty" look to the buds and more intense smell.

--------------------
My Tombstone will read: IwasburiedfacedownsoucanallkissmyA$$
my current grow

Offlinecafl316
MshizzleWizzle
Male User Gallery
Re: Curing with rehydrating [Re: HempMaster]
    #602945 - 12/26/11 05:50 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

That sounds like a great idea and its my personal smoke so I got the time, but I'm assuming a humidor isn't cheap. Unless there is an alternative to making a cheap one or something

OfflineHempMaster
Space Trucker
Male User Gallery

#602951 - 12/26/11 06:42 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

cafl316 said:
That sounds like a great idea and its my personal smoke so I got the time, but I'm assuming a humidor isn't cheap. Unless there is an alternative to making a cheap one or something

all a humidor is a wood box, with a jar of water that has a cover/membrane on the end that releases water over time. A basic humidor would be a wood box that has a jar of water placed inside with cotton or any other fabric (that will wick and release water over time) covering the jars top to slowly release water into the box. just make sure if you build your own box that its air tight, also remember the wood used in the box can actually effect the smell and taste, oak or pine works best from what i know.

--------------------
My Tombstone will read: IwasburiedfacedownsoucanallkissmyA$$
my current grow

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Curing with rehydrating [Re: HempMaster]
    #619991 - 04/24/12 08:11 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Sorry for the necro post but I saw this and wanted to point out that you can rehydrate overdried buds by throwing in some fresh fan leaves from your veg room.  Just toss a couple of decent sized leaves in a sealed jar with your buds and remove them after 8-12 hours or until they've reached the moisture content you desire. I have to do this now and then when I crack open my cola jar. After curing for a year they tend to get too crumbly even for my liking.

IMO drier buds > moist buds.

--------------------

MFDoom666: sobriety kills my buzz every time.

OfflineKeith
Stranger

Re: Curing with rehydrating [Re: coda]
    #620025 - 04/24/12 02:16 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

A home made humidor is as easy as taking and old glass spice jar, punch holes in the top, then stuff it tight with a wash cloth that has been soaked (not quite dripping though) in distilled water.  Place it in some tupperware with the cannabis. 

Or crack some pieces of celery stalk and put it in your jars.  Celery leaves no taste and is full of water.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals