Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleStonethM
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Male User Gallery

Loc: No where ville, USA Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: First time grow with bag seeds under CFL and HPS [Re: wire5]
    #595348 - 11/02/11 11:50 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

:thumbup:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDimo114
Ranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: White House
Re: First time grow with bag seeds under CFL and HPS [Re: Stoneth]
    #595352 - 11/03/11 12:08 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Dont see why it would be dirt weed, but unless I missed something, u have a long way to go till harvest :o
Gj so far tho
:thumbup:

And, yes, im watching :megusta:

Offlinewire5
Awesome Possum

Loc: "The sticks"
Re: First time grow with bag seeds under CFL and HPS [Re: Dimo114]
    #595359 - 11/03/11 12:38 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

I'm not too afraid of getting dirt weed; unless I really fuck up :lol:, though admittedly I doubt it.

Yeah, I probably won't have harvest until after new years sadly. Though luckily I should be going to visit family and snowboarding in the Rockies from the 23-1st or 2nd. So that will eat up a good week.

Thanks for the complements guys. I get paranoid that I get over zealous with pictures and I don't care for my writing, it tends to be discombobulated. I blew at English class.

--------------------
In order to grow good weed you need to be part carpenter, electrician, plumber, biologist, geneticist, chemist, and very willing to get dirty.

I've been working with power tools since I was 8, my dad is an electrical engineer who owned a 280 gal fish tank, and I studied biology with a specialty in genetics. Getting dirty comes naturally. I think my parents inadvertently trained me to be a weed grower.

See what you think on my first try.

Offlinewire5
Awesome Possum

#595757 - 11/05/11 02:22 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Thank god for payday. I got my door hung perminately, no more duct tape there. I implemented the screen, so now lights have their "real homes" so got rid of more duct tape. Soo over all good day

Pros for the day:
Panda film tarp door complete
Screen built and hung
Lights repositioned
Plants rearranged
I now consider my grow room "complete" but not finished.
My plants will begin 12/12 within the next few days!!!!

Cons:
I still don't have plastic on the back wall.
I sliced fingers open twice
Burnt my another finger on an HPS light
My house looks like a duck tape, leftover tags,and wrapper tornado alley.
I'm surprisingly sober
I doubt my friend has ordered that HPS ballast kit yet.
My weed connect for dirt cheap weed has quit smoking temporarily.

I'll do a better update with pictures and everything when I switch them over to 12/12. I'll be honest. I barely felt like doing this much. But I knew I'd want to know when I started them on the screen. As well as the other changes. 

Until than :peace: :happyheart:  :happyweed:  (peace love and happiness)

--------------------
In order to grow good weed you need to be part carpenter, electrician, plumber, biologist, geneticist, chemist, and very willing to get dirty.

I've been working with power tools since I was 8, my dad is an electrical engineer who owned a 280 gal fish tank, and I studied biology with a specialty in genetics. Getting dirty comes naturally. I think my parents inadvertently trained me to be a weed grower.

Offlinemagick81
Padawan grower
Male User Gallery

Loc: Narnia Flag
    #595767 - 11/05/11 02:42 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Cant wait for the pics!:popcorn:

--------------------
In the human brain, the hypothalamus controls the four f's:
1. Fighting 2. Fleeing 3. Feeding and ...4. Mating

My Current Grow. Killing Fields & Heavy Duty Fruity!!!
My Grow Journal. First Grow EVER!!!!

Offlinewire5
Awesome Possum

Re: First time grow with bag seeds under CFL and HPS [Re: magick81]
    #595886 - 11/06/11 02:48 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

DAY 31!!!! Day 1 Flower!

So if you haven't guessed I set my timer. So here at 1:30 in the afternoon it should kick off. I thought my ass off about when to run the lights but I decided on 1:30 at night for on and 1:30 in the afternoon for off.

All the plants are looking super healthy and vibrant now. I think they like all the extra humidity the new set up provides. Not to mention I can actually check the PH of my fertilizer before I give it to them. On the note of fertilizer, I can't make up my mind on what method to go. If I do the Kelp+Fish Fert (and micro nutes)

I've hung my screen 6 inches from my pot pot tops (so 7 from soil?), the holes were originally 1/2"x1" but I cut them to make them 1"x2". 3 lights are hanging spread equally apart and 2 lights are on the ground point up also equally spread.

Now let me inundate you with even more pictures.

--------------------

Offlinemagick81
Padawan grower
Male User Gallery

#595887 - 11/06/11 03:22 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Looking good wire!
Let us know how the scrog works out for you. Im definitely gonna scrog my tent.

--------------------

Offlinewire5
Awesome Possum

#595931 - 11/06/11 10:24 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

So far my plants are like "Eh whatever man, we'll jut grow sideways"

Here within the next hour and 15 minutes my lights should be flicking off for the first time. :awedance:

Now that my grow room is complete(ish) I should probably work on cleaning my house...

--------------------

Offlinewire5
Awesome Possum

#595948 - 11/06/11 01:29 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

So a few hours ago my plants went into their very first dark cycle.

:congrats: to them. Hope they do all right.

--------------------

Edited by wire5 (11/06/11 01:38 PM)

Offlinewire5
Awesome Possum

#596012 - 11/07/11 01:43 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

So the lights have been on for an hour and a half now. All of the girls/guys look super awesome with giant happy fan leaves :happyweed:... Except one. Second from the left on the wall side (also the one that was double pictured) was all bent over and looking super depressed. So I decided to finger test my plants soil (having decided not to lift them again for any reason if help able) and to my dismay found them all very dry. I damn near chucked my meter across the room. But I live in a duplex (Doors are on opposite sides and there are no holes or vents from one side to the other :awesomenod:) and wouldn't want to cause any call for alarm.

So I decided to water and feed them. After testing a few times, spilling the PH up, and having a few leaking bags (I will get more trays tomorrow after I clean and go to walmart) I managed to get all the plants watered and fed with more fish fertilizer. They all received 2/3-3/4 gal of water with 1 tbs or was it tsp.... I can't remember now and don't desire looking. It was what was on the directions though. I followed the instructions for a 1/2 gal and PH'd the first as well as 2 random buckets. As well as the run off of 2 untested plants. (so 5 plants got tested for pH) only one was off. It was too alkaline but not by much.

I'm going to try to whip myself into cleaning as well as going to walmart tomorrow.I need to score some scissors, plastic twist ties (TBH the screen works fairly well), yeast and sugar (any good guides; if not I got something in mind), and I'm thinking about making a batch of special brownies to sell as well so coconut oil and brownie mix. I want to do this so I can afford to pay rent, have weed, and buy TES V: Skyrim on friday.

How soon should I start to notice male/female parts? Anyone have a good picture of the differences between the two in early stages? I've got a keen eye (go mushroom hunting) if I know what I'm looking for.

--------------------

Edited by wire5 (11/07/11 02:02 AM)

Offlinemagick81
Padawan grower
Male User Gallery

#596032 - 11/07/11 04:36 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

I don't think you'll be able to tell sex straight away, but you are looking for the plants that develop the hairs for females. Males have balls lol

If you have a look at all the "Sexing Help" threads there are many good examples of the difference between males, females and hermies.

GL with it :laugh:
MagickZx

--------------------

Offlinethelivingfreekshow
Astro-Biologist
Male
    #596038 - 11/07/11 06:19 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

thats about the same setup I plan to run...nice. :popcorn:

--------------------
If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so.

OfflineDimo114
Ranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: White House
Re: First time grow with bag seeds under CFL and HPS [Re: thelivingfreekshow]
    #596058 - 11/07/11 10:29 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Ime brownies are nice fresh, but they become brittle and the taste changes in about 2 days. I would go w/ choclates. you can store then in the freezer for a long time+you dont have to heat your cannabutter/oil to like 175F (like you do when making brownies).
Just melt a few choclate bars, throw the butter in and mix for a while. 1/4 ratio of cannabutter:chocolate worked perfect for me. I used an ice tray to shape them at first, then got mini-cupcake pans. oh and you can add peanut butter Hershey's kisses to some before you stick them in the fridge; some people love the taste of canna in their butter, while others make a face like they're eating shrooms-.- peanut butter makes it taste like bootleg reces cups lol...

Offlinewire5
Awesome Possum

Re: First time grow with bag seeds under CFL and HPS [Re: Dimo114]
    #596144 - 11/08/11 01:24 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Some of my plants are begining to show their true colors I think. I THINK I'm starting to notice 2 with claw like preflowers pointing up. GOing to give them 12 hours to be sure.... On the plus side I think I notice a few female preflowers, But again I don't want to say quite so early

--------------------

Offlinemagick81
Padawan grower
Male User Gallery

#596145 - 11/08/11 01:47 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Good luck mate. Sending some feminine vibes your way so they can all hopefully be female  :dancer:  :female2:  :dancer:  :female2:  :dancer:

--------------------

Offlinewire5
Awesome Possum

#596168 - 11/08/11 09:38 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

magick81 said:
Good luck mate. Sending some feminine vibes your way so they can all hopefully be female  :dancer:  :female2:  :dancer:  :female2:  :dancer:

Hahah, thanks I needed that. I'm so paranoid that they will all be males or herms or something....

This is the same plant twice mind you. I've got two that look more femmy and one I'm not sure about.
I'm thinking its still too early to tell?

Also my friend did order the ballast (and everything else I told him too so I dont have to hunt [mogul socket etc]) I was getting paranoid about it being a heat issue. Because as it was (while running 24/7) heat would have become a problem with any more equipment involved. However with it turning off for 12 hours it doesn't seem to get bad at all, about what I've had them at for the last while which is just above "room tempurature" (set for 73, but I have a crummy window unit so I have a feeling my room temp is like 63 and my plants are at 75-80)

--------------------

Edited by wire5 (11/08/11 09:50 AM)

Offlinephrostbyte
Hydro Grower

#596241 - 11/08/11 09:39 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

I would wait a little bit but that pic is prolly a male :boo:

OfflineMushrooMan420
Muncher

Loc: CA
Re: First time grow with bag seeds under CFL and HPS [Re: phrostbyte]
    #596319 - 11/09/11 04:31 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Looking good I'm on day 4 of my grow and can't wait to be in flowering...

How high did you put the screen above your plants and how wide are the gaps in your screen?

--------------------
x:tongue:

Offlinewire5
Awesome Possum

Re: First time grow with bag seeds under CFL and HPS [Re: MushrooMan420]
    #596369 - 11/09/11 10:41 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

My screen is measured roughly 7 or 8 inches above the soil. My gaps were originally 1/2"x1" (approx) but I cut them to make it 1"x2"

Good luck mushroom man. Home it works out as nice for you as it did me.

Although I'm uber paranoid that I screwed somethng up and they will all herm or something.

--------------------

OfflineMushrooMan420
Muncher

Loc: CA
    #596380 - 11/09/11 11:56 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

I am sure it will come out great!

Have you used that small of net before without having any issues?  (To my understanding the standard is to use 2x3 or 2x2 or 3x3 holes in a net)

--------------------
x:tongue:

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates