Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Gold Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineA To The K
Smokey

HERMIE Bonanza! 400w Winter Experiment (8 weeks flower, DONE!)
    #590234 - 10/04/11 10:04 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

So my buddy mentioned that he had some seeds in conversation a few weeks ago. I was just growing out some seedlings that stalled and fucked me all around and just kinda got me bitter on growing right now. It was completely my own fault for using shitty reused soil, but thats neither here nor there.

So anyway, I guess he got a bag of herb from his cousin that was "real shredded and bad", but full of seeds. According to him, he had to "chew some up" to see if it was actually weed and not catnip :lol:

We smoked a BIG doobie of it (over an 8th prolly) and got decently baked. Definitely some kind of indica which is what I'm after anyway.

Time to have fun with some real unstable phenos :tongue2:

I soaked the seeds overnight, as well as some rockwool. Picked out the best ones and put them in the cubes this morning. We'll see whats peeking out in the next week or two and choose the keepers. Put the best 26 in cubes with a few more still in the paper towels. I'll grow whatever pops. I'm figuring about 1/2 of these are male anyway.

Or, I'll keep them all and flower them fast and do some kinda SOG thing. Prolly going to give hempy a try this time around...it seems so simple. I guess we'll see. Not so sure what direction I'm gonna take this, or if they'll grow at all. TIME WILL TELL :sun:

Edited by A To The K (01/04/12 09:21 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleT-Rex
Herbsman
Male User Gallery

Loc: Devils Marbles Flag
Re: Bagseed Bonanza! Hempy? SOG? I dono yet! [Re: A To The K]
    #590235 - 10/04/11 10:05 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Love bagseed grows, its like a lucky dip!

--------------------

OfflineA To The K
Smokey

Re: Bagseed Bonanza! Hempy? SOG? I dono yet! [Re: T-Rex]
    #590958 - 10/07/11 08:34 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

3 days later, I have at least 2 seedlings popping out. I heard its good to let them sit in the dark/warmth for a few days, so I gave that a try and didn't put them under the lights until sometime yesterday.

I've decided to go about this more scientifically. I just gave it a second look, and there are more seeds popping out of the cubes. I've rearranged them according to how they've popped (by size). I'll check again tonight, since they grow so fast at this stage.

I've always said males seem to grow faster, so lets see how true that is. We'll also see if the first plant out of the cube is the best in the end.

Edited by A To The K (10/07/11 10:14 AM)

OfflineA To The K
Smokey

it begins. [Re: A To The K]
    #591809 - 10/12/11 04:35 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

OK. Its been a week and I couldn't find any decent perilite within 50 miles of my house, so I found some emergency coir to use (thanks for those offering to help, I found some!).

Heres a picture of them in order of who popped out first.

Heres this one seedling who was twisty and crazy haha. It wasn't just zig-zagged, it was literally curly - the stem spins around 360 degrees about 3 times.

I fucked up on how I numbered them actually, I didn't use 2 of the ones pictured, I'll try to renumber them now.

Notes on each one:

1. Small nute burn
2. Nice roots!
3. Sativa looking leaf
4. Nice roots! Very little stretch!*
5. Smallish. Took a while to get out of shell
6. Nice looking leaf
7. Small
8. Nice looking roots, sativa-y
9. Nice leaf
10. Stunted, didn't use
11. Stunted, didn't use
12/10. Nice!
13/11. Bendy lol (kept as more of a joke)
14/12. "Its cute, keep it." (:lol:)

Lol so what I did originally was make notes on ALL of them, but I forgot to number the cups accordingly...at any rate, I'm left with 12 cups, hence the /, and they will from now on be numbers 1-12. Sorry to be so confusing, this is part is more for ME to remember than for me to tell all you guys how its going lol.

So my plan is to flower them by groups of 4 every 2 weeks. 2 weeks from now, I'm gonna flower 8-12, 2 weeks later 4 more, 2 weeks later 4 more. In a SOG under my 400w HPS.

Sorry, just getting all my ideas down so I don't forget them lol.

OfflineA To The K
Smokey

Goddamnit. [Re: A To The K]
    #592793 - 10/19/11 11:04 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

I have made a thread here:

http://www.growery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/592792

I need some help. :sad: I hate failing. So frustrated.

If you have help to offer, please put it in the thread I linked to there ^, as this is the journal. If I can fix them I kinda want it to be just about the grow. Thanks.

Offlinewire5
Awesome Possum

Loc: "The sticks"
Re: Goddamnit. [Re: A To The K]
    #592798 - 10/19/11 11:30 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Going to be keeping an eye on this one. Cant wait. Hope you get this problem solved. I'm a newbe otherwise I'd offer up help.

--------------------
In order to grow good weed you need to be part carpenter, electrician, plumber, biologist, geneticist, chemist, and very willing to get dirty.

I've been working with power tools since I was 8, my dad is an electrical engineer who owned a 280 gal fish tank, and I studied biology with a specialty in genetics. Getting dirty comes naturally. I think my parents inadvertently trained me to be a weed grower.

See what you think on my first try.

OfflineA To The K
Smokey

Re: Goddamnit. [Re: wire5]
    #593283 - 10/21/11 12:02 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

OK, I haven't completely lost hope. After the other days light feeding and rewatering, the plants stopped doing the curl-down thing which makes me feel loads better.

They ARE pretty yellow though, but now that I know my pH was about a whole digit too high, I'm hoping I can fix them up. I gave them a little drizzle of some lower pH'd water...heres to hoping they green up and fix themselves.

On a side note, the pH of my tap water is fucking ridiculously high. It took almost a whole dropper full of pH down to lower it to where I wanted. For just a gallon...the 2 gallon container took even more of course :uhoh:

Edit: Keeping the "notes" list thing in my journal to not crowd this up. Just did notes on week 2, typing them up now.

Offlinephrostbyte
Hydro Grower

Re: Goddamnit. [Re: A To The K]
    #593298 - 10/21/11 01:23 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

A To The K said:
On a side note, the pH of my tap water is fucking ridiculously high. 

I feel ya man.  Mines at like 7.8 :eek:

OfflineA To The K
Smokey

Recovery! [Re: phrostbyte]
    #594193 - 10/26/11 10:06 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

I can't believe it was something as stupid as me just fucking up the pH that was really messing with these poor plants lol, but that was it.

They're starting to recover nicely. I've given 1-6 a light feeding of Grow Big, 7-12 are getting the veg nutes from "Hydroponix". I guess they changed their name to X Nutrients http://www.xnutrients.com/ :shrug:

Been watering every few days, and switching them 1-12 to 12-1 every few days so they get more even lighting.

This one had pretty sativa looking leafs to me, number 3. Its one of the nicer plants, but I'm after an indica, so if it comes out sativa I won't be choosing it to save.

Additional notes on the others growth rates and status in my journal.

Edited by A To The K (11/01/11 10:53 AM)

OfflineA To The K
Smokey

Re: Recovery! [Re: A To The K]
    #594982 - 11/01/11 10:51 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Too difficult to get a top view of them all.

I had actually forgotten that I took a picture of plant 3 last week. It must have been good then too.

This Saturday I'm making the long haul to the only local hydro store and picking up some more coir. I'll repot them into half gallons this Saturday. That cabinet will only hold maybe 8 or so half gallon pots, so I'm going to have to flower some of the weaker looking plants right away. So I guess next week will mark the first flowering of my staggered harvest.

OfflineA To The K
Smokey

Re: Recovery! [Re: A To The K]
    #594983 - 11/01/11 10:58 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

BTW, I've been watering these with a feed/feed/water schedule, every two days. I water until runoff with a half pint of water per plant, whatever that equals out to.

They could probably go longer without water,  but since "you can't over water coir", I've just been doing what felt right.

OfflineA To The K
Smokey

SEX. [Re: A To The K]
    #595492 - 11/03/11 11:23 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

OK, I didn't mention that I had another seedling I just put in 12/12 for the fuck of it, since it was already in the rockwool and I had a little leftover coir. Actually, I had a few, but the others didn't do so well.

Here is Shadynasty (:hatsoff: Always Sunny) I usually name my plants after their done so I can keep their pictures in order, but whatever.

Shes been under 12/12 for 21 days now, and I can see her first hairs starting up. Yeah, shes stretched like crazy, but whatever. It was just gonna be in the garbage, so anything I get from it is good.

Oddly enough, she never got burned :confused: Even though I never (see: NEVER) check the pH of my soil water, and I was just giving her full strength flower nutes at like 2 weeks old, she pulled through and stayed greener than the other girls I poisoned with the other water :lol: Thats weed for ya I guess. :shrug:

Anyway, I'm leaving this in the solo cup and letting her finish up. She'll be a week of flowering ahead of the other girls I put in this Saturday (I count this as week 1) so hopefully it'll give me a little idea of what to expect from these other girls as far as harvest time and whathaveyou.

Also, from now on, I'll just update her into these posts with the other girls.

OfflineA To The K
Smokey

Re: SEX. [Re: A To The K]
    #595907 - 11/06/11 07:37 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

I picked up some CalMag+ yesterday when I was getting my coir bricks. I did a slight miscalculation and only got enough coir for 10.5 repots, so I just kept 2 in their original solo cups. Once they are sexed I can probably switch them out if need be. Not optimal, I know, but oh well.

Also got a nice big bag of Ocean Forest...we'll see whats up next :wink:

Edited by A To The K (11/08/11 09:42 AM)

OfflineA To The K
Smokey

#596170 - 11/08/11 09:49 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Scrapped original plan and flowered all 12. Its too much bother to mix up veg and bloom and tap water and keep in mind which ones got flushed and when and who to feed what. If they were all feminized seeds, I probably could have stuck to the plan. But since I have no idea, I'm passing on that and just flipping all 12.

It is now 3 days after the transplant. I gave the girls a medium flushing for the past few days to wash out any leftover veg nutes and get them started on flowering. Flower feeding will start in 2 days on Thursday.

I didn't take a group shot this week since they are about to get weeded out anyway (pun intended). I did take a picture of the "best" and "worst" two. Further notes on that will be posted in my journal shortly.

The "worst" plant - number 7. Actually, number one is what I'd consider the worst, but she looks better today. #1 is very sensitive to pH. The others are sensitive, but this one is VERY. This is number 7, and just represents the most underwhelming growth of all the plants.

This is the "best". I am assuming this is a male - along with 3, 6, and 9. Generally in my experience, the fastest growers are males. If this (or any of the others listed above) turns out to be a female, I'm immediately going to reveg it and save it for clones, because the growth is nothing short of explosive. Should it (they) turn out to be males, I'll be going back through my weekly notes to pick a worthy father.

And, last but not least, we have - SHADYNASTY - ! Hahaha. I gave her a feeding today rather than a flush, since I've been flushing my other plant in flower shes been getting flushed too (didn't bother mixing up nutes for her). Oddly enough, I noticed that her calyxes have multiple hairs coming out from each one...is that special? Maybe they all do it, but its the first I've noticed it.

Edited by A To The K (11/14/11 09:25 AM)

Offlinemagick81
Padawan grower
Male User Gallery

Loc: Narnia Flag
    #596207 - 11/08/11 02:03 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

:popcorn:

--------------------
In the human brain, the hypothalamus controls the four f's:
1. Fighting 2. Fleeing 3. Feeding and ...4. Mating

My Current Grow. Killing Fields & Heavy Duty Fruity!!!
My Grow Journal. First Grow EVER!!!!

OfflineA To The K
Smokey

Re: SEX. [Re: magick81]
    #596213 - 11/08/11 02:13 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Nice to know some people are following me. Thanks for the comment.

OfflineMushrooMan420
Muncher

Loc: CA
    #596320 - 11/09/11 04:36 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

looking like things are doing good now:bigblunt:

--------------------
x:tongue:

OfflineA To The K
Smokey

:awesex: (so far so good) [Re: MushrooMan420]
    #596558 - 11/11/11 09:26 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Yep, mad recovery from a stupid mistake. :rocket:

So anyway, this morning I took a quick peek in the room and noticed some of the plants were already sexed - 5 days is record time for me. I was thinking at least 2 weeks.

I'll start counting flowering weeks when all the plants are sexed.

2, 5, 10 and 11 were sexed today. 2, 10 and 11 were all females :crazy2: Since 5 was a very underwhelming plant, I offed him and repotted 2 into 5. So 5 is 2 now since 2 was a solo cup.

I assume the other ones are still behind because the repotting slowed them a little bit. The solo cup girls were already switched yesterday I bet.

So thats 4 plants counting Shadynasty. Pic updates come Tuesday or Wednesday of females and the keeper male :thumbup:

Edited by A To The K (11/11/11 09:32 AM)

OfflineA To The K
Smokey

more sex, pic of original joint haha [Re: A To The K]
    #596681 - 11/12/11 08:48 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

7 is a definite female this morning. 12 is a definite male. I really needed room so I offed 12, although he probably would have been a very good daddy. I raised the plants up about 18 inches since I can't lower the light. I had to ghetto construct a platform for them lol.

I fell down reaching and knocked over number 5. Nothing too terrible, but she did fall down :sad: I hurt my knee last weekend and it just kinda buckled out. Fuck.

I wouldn't be bumping this but first off I'm excited, and second I found a picture of the original doobie we smoked of this bud. Like I said, it was very low quality looking and smelling, but we did get pretty high from it (this between 2 of us lol)

Offlinemagick81
Padawan grower
Male User Gallery

Loc: Narnia Flag
Re: more sex, pic of original joint haha [Re: A To The K]
    #596682 - 11/12/11 08:55 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Low quality smell and look may be attributed to poor drying and curing method maybe?
If you take the time to dry and cure it the proper way, it might smell and taste better.

--------------------
In the human brain, the hypothalamus controls the four f's:
1. Fighting 2. Fleeing 3. Feeding and ...4. Mating

My Current Grow. Killing Fields & Heavy Duty Fruity!!!
My Grow Journal. First Grow EVER!!!!

OfflineA To The K
Smokey

Re: more sex, pic of original joint haha [Re: magick81]
    #596683 - 11/12/11 09:02 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Nonono. This was just me looking for seeds to grow a bagseed grow. I didn't grow the original product.

My friend just called his cousin up looking for some bud with seeds or just seeds. His cousin showed up with weed that looked shredded and didn't even smell like weed. He had to taste it to see if it was actually marijuana :lol:. I have no idea what the grow process was, or if it was just a bag of shake. Whatever it was, the bag appeal was at 0 or less. The high wasn't bad, but we DID smoke a bigass joint of it lol.

Thats why I'm curious to see what I can get out of it when its grown/manicured/dried/cured properly. :cool:

OfflineA To The K
Smokey

Week 1 - Flower [Re: A To The K]
    #597142 - 11/16/11 07:39 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Shadynasty, week 3...

Weird leafs, I know. I assume its because she was grown 12/12 from seed. I've always had some strange monsters grow when I tried that. Oddly enough, a few of her hairs are already turning and when I took a peek at the trichs, its like they came out cloudy originally instead of clear. Maybe also a result of the 12/12 from seed? Or maybe a result of probably (99%) being rootbound? Maybe this strain is just a really fast one? Or maybe it'll be one of those that stays cloudy for weeks and weeks and just won't want to amber up?

We'll see. I like this bagseed thing. Ya never know whats gonna happen next :rasta:

Edited by A To The K (11/26/11 09:58 AM)

OfflineA To The K
Smokey

Week 2 - Flower [Re: A To The K]
    #598149 - 11/23/11 08:34 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

OK, week 2! Everything is looking good...very stretchy, but thats to be expected really. Between the bagseed genetics and my over cautious spacing from my light (had some really bad burn with my new 400w last time I used it) its to be expected. I'm sure it'll just thicken up anyway.

I've decided to do the worst/best plant each week than to document each individual one...you can see individual notes in my journal (I usually do notes on like a Saturday or something so its in between my picture updates).

Please note that I use the word "worst" lightly - they are all nice plants. I'm just picking out the one with the least growth, the most stretch, the fewest buds, the least impressive trichs/smell, etc. Its not that I believe it will be a bad smoke or that I fucked up, I'm just comparing it to the others.

The "worst" is number 3. Its pretty stretchy and slow...it WAS the last to be sexed though, so I expected that.

The best has to be number 12. I was torn between 6 and 12 because 6 has very nice plant structure - it hardly stretched at all. In the long run, those traits probably pay off more. 12 however did stretch kinda significantly, but is blowing up with bud growth. I'm very impressed with how far along this is just two weeks in. Especially in comparison to the others.

Last but not least, Shadynasty week 4. :lol:. Shes still pumping out new growth and trichs. I'm wondering how thick this will get. If I can pull ~5g from this plant, I have to say I'll do a 40 plant coir SOG 12/12 from clone :lol: Oddly enough, all her trichs (ALL) are cloudy. I'm assuming its because the plant is rootbound and in emergency grow mode, so it knows its life is ending sooner than it should and its just doing what it does in super fast mode.

OfflineA To The K
Smokey

Week 3 - Flower [Re: A To The K]
    #599098 - 11/30/11 10:14 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I flushed the girls on Monday with a gallon of ph'd water each. It was at this point I noticed tons of gnats :nonono:. I don't think they really hurt anything, but they are fucking annoying. I'll probably have to do something to get rid of them.

Remember how I said the trichs on Shadynasty are all cloudy, even at the earliest time I started noticing them? Well, they are coming out the same on the larger plants, so I'm guessing its not due to the 12/12...its just something this particular strain does :shrug: Interesting.

I've also noticed that on most of them the hairs are really really straight. I'm used to sporadic hairs here and there all twisty and random, but these are really uniform and almost look like a spikey cactus. Kinda tough to capture a picture, but heres one of #12. Upon second review - it looks like there aren't any leafs growing. Its just calyxes with tiny leafs, so maybe thats what is different.

Heres Shadynasty (shes on week 5 now). Calyxes are swelling and hairs are already oranging. I'm hoping that these will be a stupidly fast strain...maybe exactly 8 weeks like so many seed banks promise. If the others follow Shadynastys pattern, they will 100% be done by 8 weeks.

My reveg project is doing surprisingly well :eek: I'll update that within the next few weeks.

OfflineA To The K
Smokey

Week 4 - Flower [Re: A To The K]
    #600236 - 12/07/11 09:34 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Alright, almost didn't update today but I'll do a quick one.

I checked out the trichs on the plants, and they are all indeed cloudy from the start. I dunno what it is - must be the strain.

Heres my best girl this week (number 6).

I'm not sure what the fuck happened to Shadynastys picture this week, but it got all messed up and I don't want to go take another one, so heres the messed up version. Shes getting lots of orange hairs, and is in week 6. I'll 100% be cutting her down at week 8. She has already stopped upward growth and is just thickening now. Theres no new growth on her. I'm assuming its because shes in this stupid solo cup, but maybe not. Maybe its just the strain being a fast finisher...we'll see if the others follow suit.

InvisibleDrG
Male

Re: Week 4 - Flower [Re: A To The K]
    #600260 - 12/07/11 12:14 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Right on man:thumbup:how tall did those get?

OfflineA To The K
Smokey

Re: Week 4 - Flower [Re: DrG]
    #600286 - 12/07/11 12:39 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

The solo cup one is about 8 inches tall (not counting the cup).

The one I posted there (number 6) stretched the least, I'd say a little over a foot. Maybe 16 inches, probably 14.

One stretched a stupid amount, so its about 2.5 feet. The others stayed pretty uniform at about 18 inches.

Not filling out so much (I assume because its bagseed) but whatever. I'm not in it for money...I'm in it for SAVING money haha. I just need enough smoke for me and I'm good :cool:

InvisibleDrG
Male

Re: Week 4 - Flower [Re: A To The K]
    #600329 - 12/07/11 04:22 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I hear ya bro:grin:I grew enough this last season to last me until spring.This spring I'm throwing out some decent bag seeds that I've acquired,from some of the better bags that frequent these parts.My neighbor saves me all her seeds,and I'm working with a few hundred!I hope my indoor novelty grow goes well,and mine stay small like yours,I don't want anything bigger:grin:

OfflineA To The K
Smokey

Week 4.5 - Flower [Re: DrG]
    #600956 - 12/11/11 10:36 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

A little update. I noticed that some of the leaf tips were burned...Monday is supposed to be a flush day anyway though. We're going on week 5 of flower, so its too much time to just say "aw fuck it".

I flushed a little bit today (on the worst girls) and will be doing a bigger one tomorrow. I've only been feeding the FF recommended  schedule, but it seems like its a bit too much for some of them. Only one of them got a significant burn. I'll continue flushing tomorrow and then cut back about half of the nutes.

Shadynasty is in week 7 this week, and will 100% be finished next week. I might let her go a little bit over because I want a really couch locky smoke. Shes very swelled up and is foxtailed a bit. I bet its gonna be a pretty good smoke.

InvisibleDrG
Male

Re: Week 4.5 - Flower [Re: A To The K]
    #600962 - 12/11/11 10:50 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Right on man,be sure and post some pics when you get a chance:-)

OfflineA To The K
Smokey

Re: Week 4.5 - Flower [Re: DrG]
    #600965 - 12/11/11 11:42 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Pic updates are usually Wednesday :wink:

I'll do a nice pic of each plant before I cut them down for sure, but my cameras too screwy to do each one every week :tongue2:

InvisibleDrG
Male

Re: Week 4.5 - Flower [Re: A To The K]
    #600976 - 12/11/11 01:39 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

ah,ok:-)Can't wait for the update!

OfflineA To The K
Smokey

Week 5 - Flower [Re: DrG]
    #601398 - 12/14/11 10:22 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I'm not sure if its the bad genetics or if there was a light leak - all of my buds seem to be very foxtailed and wispy. I caught it early enough (2 weeks ago?) and built a wall instead of the old method I used to keep light out. Its only the very beginning of week 5, and the buds haven't started to thicken up at all yet, so I think I'm still OK. I think it might just be the genetics, because some are doing it much more than others.

One of the ladies got a pretty significant (not the worst I've ever had though) so I flushed them on Monday with a gallon each. I'm also cutting the nutes back by half. This is my first coir grow, so I'm not used to how it retains the salts just yet. Only one of the plants seemed to sensitive for the schedule I was using, but whatever, I cut back and I'm sure it'll be OK now.

This weeks favorite is pot 6. her hairs are really straight and thick, not thin pistils like I'm used to seeing. Its interesting. I bet she'll be really orange colored when shes all done, because right now the pistils are so thick they almost hide the calyxes. I'm stoked to see how she looks dried up.

And, of course, Shadynasty. Shes in week 7 and really thickening up. She'll definitely be ready next week, but I might let her go through until Christmas (Christmas or Christmas eve harvest?) because I like heavy indica smokes and I haven't really gotten any with my last few grows. Her trichs are still 100% cloudy, not an amber in sight...so I'll let her finish up this week and probably next week. Almost all of her hairs are orange, with the exception of that lowermost bud.

InvisibleDrG
Male

Re: Week 5 - Flower [Re: A To The K]
    #601403 - 12/14/11 10:36 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Looking good man,and Shady isn't looking to shabby at all:grin:

OfflineA To The K
Smokey

Re: Week 5 - Flower [Re: DrG]
    #601404 - 12/14/11 10:41 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

:crazy2: Before I chop her I'll get a picture next to a lighter for scale. That cola is about the length of a lighter, and about double as wide I'd bet.

High end estimate would be 5g for her. I'm kinda hoping for that...if I can pull 5g, I'd highly consider doing a SOG of these 12/12 from seed. I don't have anymore bag seeds though and I'm pretty sure 5 weeks is too late to do a CS spray.

InvisibleDrG
Male

Re: Week 5 - Flower [Re: A To The K]
    #601419 - 12/14/11 12:45 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

yeah man,I can't wait to see that!I don't expect too many grams from mine either,they seem stuck:frown:No matter though,I'll be happy with whatever I get.This was just a novelty grow,and by the time it's done,outdoor season will be starting!!!I just started up all the bag seeds I had,about 80,so I can pick through,and find some Indica dominant strains,my favorite!

OfflineA To The K
Smokey

Fuuuuuuuuuuuck a hermie [Re: DrG]
    #602098 - 12/19/11 08:04 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

:mad2:

I'm so pissed right now.

I noticed the girl in pot 12 was showing some weird signs of being pollinated randomly across her branches. I thought it was just the plant doing some weird shit making false seed pods, because there were no seeds inside when I broke them open.

I decided I'd give it a few days, and god fucking damn, I found a nanner this morning. :sad: She was the most thick plant too...I can't believe how tight her bottom branches were. Her lowermost buds were just as big and nice looking as her main cola.

SO FUCKING PISSED. I chopped her down and trimmed her. I figure I'll just roll it all up into some blunts and have some shit to smoke...but for fucks sake, she was the BEST plant. I'm really pissed now. I had to cut her, I didn't want all my other plants getting fucked up too.

Next grow is gonna be stable genetics. Its my own fault for bagseed and possible light leaks, but mannnnnnn. :sad:

InvisibleDrG
Male

Re: Fuuuuuuuuuuuck a hermie [Re: A To The K]
    #602100 - 12/19/11 08:45 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Most likely it's because it's bag seed.They have a higher rate at hermies than stable genetics.That sucks though.You need another grow room for such cases as that,so you could have finished flowering lady gaga out:grin:

OfflineIcesyn
Stranger

Re: Fuuuuuuuuuuuck a hermie [Re: DrG]
    #602106 - 12/19/11 09:03 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Envy.

:thaaannks:

OfflineA To The K
Smokey

Re: Fuuuuuuuuuuuck a hermie [Re: Icesyn]
    #602108 - 12/19/11 09:12 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Well, I actually just packed a small selection of the WET plant, and ripped it really really hard until it would burn in my bubbler :lol:

I only got a tiny touch of smoke and I'm actually kinda baked from it. Not anything to write home about, but I am feeling something.

Once its dry and will actually burn rather than just sizzle, I think it will be an OK smoke believe it or not.

I'm not sure if that makes me feel better or worse...on one hand, it wasn't a complete waste...on the other hand...if its this good at 6 weeks, it probably would have been phenomenal at 9 weeks :mad2:

InvisibleDrG
Male

Re: Fuuuuuuuuuuuck a hermie [Re: A To The K]
    #602112 - 12/19/11 09:58 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I once grew out hermie that got me stoned on a psychoactive level!That would have been the shit my man,I'm tellin ya:frown:

OfflineA To The K
Smokey

Week 6 - Flower [Re: DrG]
    #602221 - 12/20/11 08:02 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

2 more weeks boys, we're almost there...some might need 10 weeks, but we'll see in 2 weeks how it looks.

Shadynasty is in week 8 right now, and she'll be getting chopped on Christmas eve! I'll take a picture next to a lighter for scale the day before I chop her. I've been flushing for...2 weeks? One week? I'm not sure. Her leafs are starting to yellow in the fashion that they should before shes ready to go. I could have cut her in the beginning of this week, but I wanted to let her go a little longer. Its killing me to be honest, but the misfortune with girl 12 has me held over on my need to trim :mad2:

This week, a different girl is my favorite. The girl in pot number 3. She reminds me quite a bit of the AK I grew - in smell, bud formation, plant characteristics, everything. I really liked that AK, so I'm stoked to see how this turns out. She is VERY VERY VERY stretche (shes the one that got stupidly tall) but her buds look very sweet where they did get the chance to form. She is one of the most frosty plants I think I've ever had too...

Also, I have dubbed girl 12 "Lola" (for obvious reasons)...I'm going through my notes and changing her name as such, because thats how I'll be documenting her pictures on my USB key.

InvisibleDrG
Male

Re: Week 6 - Flower [Re: A To The K]
    #602224 - 12/20/11 08:30 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Looking good my man,and she still looks like she needs a bit of time,before she's ready,so hold out until then,if you can:grin:

OfflineA To The K
Smokey

Re: Week 6 - Flower [Re: DrG]
    #602331 - 12/21/11 06:58 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

You mean Shadynasty or the other girl? I know the other girl needs around 3 more weeks, but Shadynasty is 100% ready to rock. Minus that random new growth on the bottom that sprang up from flushing.

InvisibleDrG
Male

Re: Week 6 - Flower [Re: A To The K]
    #602332 - 12/21/11 07:07 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

oh,I guess I meant Shadynasty,looks like she still has a bit of time:-)What I meant is,she could probably go a bit longer than you anticipated,perhaps?

Edited by DrG (12/22/11 04:25 PM)

OfflineA To The K
Smokey

Dat hermie [Re: DrG]
    #602570 - 12/23/11 08:59 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

So I quick dried that hermie I was so pissed about up there. Kinda just threw it in a box and let its do its thing. Its smokeable today for sure...I weighed her out just for shits and giggles and I couldn't believe it was a solid 10g. I was expecting something like 4 because it was so immature and not swollen.

This makes me excited about the other girls...because if that one gave me 10g so early, I'm thinking the other girls will be very hefty by the time they're done. I'll just be rolling her into 10 1 gram blunts :shrug: It'll hold me over for the rest of the month while my friends are home from school...so I guess it was a small blessing in disguise.

I'll post a pic of the buds before I roll them all up, and then probably after I roll them all up, as well as Shadynastys harvest pics tomorrow. Shes definitely ready...a bit past if anything. Shes getting kinda...well..."dead" for lack of a better term. I can see her gasping for life and its kinda making me sad :tongue2:

OfflineA To The K
Smokey

Christmas Trees and 10 Blunts [Re: A To The K]
    #602678 - 12/24/11 08:28 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

She ended up rolling perfectly into 10 blunts :thumbup: I got this ash tray for Christmas from a friend yesterday, and I ground up all the bud (before I could get a picture unfortunately lol) and just prerolled it all.

Oddly enough, I didn't feel all that stoned from the first blunt. Then an hour later or so we smoked another (with a third person that time) and I was high as a kite after. I don't know how that worked out lol.

And its Christmas eve (I actually waited!) and Shadynasty is ready to come down. Heres a picture of her next to a fork for scale (someone took my last lighter last night damnit.) Her fan leafs all yellowed up nicely.

Heres a little close up...the macro on my camera blows.

I noticed that her leafs (although frosty) weren't sticky at all. She has very little smell. A hashy smell if anything. Spicy maybe. She is kinda dry as is right on the stem, but didn't feel wilty at all. It'll be interesting to see how she dries.

Since I have those 10 blunts, it'll give me an opportunity for her to get a proper cure. Ideally I'd like to separate all the plants into their own jars, but I'll probably just mix em up since they came from the same bagseed anyway. Except girl 3...shes the captains stash.

Offlinephrostbyte
Hydro Grower

Re: Christmas Trees and 10 Blunts [Re: A To The K]
    #602684 - 12/24/11 09:59 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

shes so little... XD

OfflineA To The K
Smokey

Re: Christmas Trees and 10 Blunts [Re: phrostbyte]
    #602688 - 12/24/11 10:24 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Yeah lol. I bet I get around 5g dry from her though because shes pretty thick. I know theres over an 8th there, but I don't think it'll be over 5. Somewhere in there.

Its neat growing 12/12 from seed. I'd like to do a big SOG with like 40 of those :lol:.

OfflineA To The K
Smokey

Shadynasty test smoke [Re: A To The K]
    #602943 - 12/26/11 05:05 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I jarred her today at 4 grams even, with a semi large stem so probably about 3.7. For a plant I was just going to throw away, certainly a good result haha.

I gave a little test smoke too...I'm kinda sick, so I can't tell how much of the effect is me being high and how much is me dying from a virus :lol:. I did notice though shes a hell of a painkiller. My throat is pretty scratchy from all the coughing, and after a few rips I'm feeling pretty fine.

Can swallow my spit without it hurting me...sweet.

She had kindof a gross taste, but again, I can't smell or taste too well so I can't be sure whats really up.

After a nice cure I think she'll be pretty dank~

Pics coming Wednesday :wink:

OfflineA To The K
Smokey

Week 7 - Flower [Re: A To The K]
    #603160 - 12/28/11 08:12 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Whelp, these are not gonna be done in 8 weeks at all. My original harvest prediction was the 15th of January, and I'm thinking thats about right. 3 more weeks.

So, I'll feed through the rest of this week, and depending upon some other factors, I'll start to flush for 2 weeks.

I'm starting to notice where the good genetics from breeders really kick in around this time, because instead of fattening up like usual, I'm getting some odd foxtailing. I had some light leakage WEEKS ago, so I don't think its still effecting them now...

Heres girl 6. You can see shes doing something weird up top.

Shes also looking a tiny bit burned to me, but I've cut the food back to half now anyway.

I'm still going to get some fire smoke from these (quite a bit at that) but they just don't seem to have that extra end push I'm looking for. Next grow will be all breeder seeds...however, I think I might be sold on coir...

OfflineA To The K
Smokey

Second hermie :nonono: [Re: A To The K]
    #603341 - 12/30/11 12:30 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Yup, and this bitch was FULL of dicks. Thats what I get for using bagseeds :lol: :shrug: I pulled her this morning, as I still have 4 left that aren't seeded to shit and back and I'd rather they stay that way. At least now shes at 7 weeks and had an amber trich or two...not nearly enough, but at least SOME.

The other girls I'm gonna run for 10 weeks probably...unless they also hermie before I get that far. I guess I could harvest as I see bananas :lol:

If they are all gonna hermie, it'd make sense to keep them going...but I might have another top secret side project going that I don't want hermie pollen getting near  :shoosh:

Here she is...er, HEshe I guess...

(spot the nanners? I think theres 3 in this picture, I know my cam kinda blows)...

I've dubbed it "Bridgett"...if you get the joke you're pretty cool lol. I hope the other girls don't swap on me...I'm running out of tranny names :uhoh:

OfflineA To The K
Smokey

:lol: fuck [Re: A To The K]
    #603422 - 12/31/11 02:29 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Well, it looks like theres only one true female in the bunch, number 6.

These are all coming down next week. Too early, but I can't have hermie pollen all over my room. Now I have to look into sterilizing the whole fucking room. :lol:

Oh well. I'll still get a lot of good smoke, but I'm definitely losing some harvest weight.

OfflineA To The K
Smokey

Bridgett (7) smoke report and stoned observations. [Re: A To The K]
    #603628 - 01/02/12 09:28 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

So I tried out Bridgett this morning. It looks like she has dried for...3 days? She wasn't very dense so she was already getting pretty dry. I jarred and weighed her (I always jar early to get a good cure, I leave the jar open for a day or two, and then burp it a lot until its good and dry) and I'm going to round down to 14g from 21, because theres a big stem in there. Its probably more than a half, but its nice to underestimate :lol:

She had a very nice flavor which I can't believe - I didn't flush her at all (but I do water until runoff) and shes very wispy and uncured...it had a perfect kushy piney taste. I had my suspicions this was kush all along, but smoking it confirmed its some kind of kush hybrid. Its just got that trademark kush flavor.

Also, even though I harvested early, its phenomenal bud. Still indica, even though she only had about 5% amber trichs. I'm very high...it has literally taken me 8 minutes to get this far in the post lol. I keep getting distracted by Futurama.

So, I guess the girls I'll be taking down this week aren't such a loss after all. If they come out even half as good as this one, I'll be VERY happy.

OfflineA To The K
Smokey

Hermie bonanza lol...and I'm chopping them. (FINISHED W PICS) [Re: A To The K]
    #603870 - 01/04/12 09:18 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

So I was gonna let them run the rest of this week, but I've decided I just can't risk it when I wake up to see this all over the place...

Its OK, I really expected to get it with bagseed. This was a very very good learning experience. The bud is definitely smokeable - and still infinitely better than anything anyone else I know is smoking. I'm really loving the girl (Bridgett) I chopped last week. Her flavor and high is incredible. If I can get even close to that with these plants, I am in no way, shape or form on the negative side of this.

It won't be the most pretty, nor will it be the heaviest, nor will it cure up so great...but if nothing else, I have learned that I am in love with coir. Except for girls I'll  be moving outside...I'm sold! Now that I understand the pH needs to be yellow/orange NOT green :rofl: I think I've worked it out.

I had some very minor burn at the end (you can see on the above pictures) but more or less, the Fox Farm suggested feeding schedule was perfect. It could have also been some of my additives. The only plant which reacted badly was number 10...it seems it was just sensitive to the nutrients. Just a sensitive plant...heres the worst of that:

I'll try to update with final weights and smoke reports on each plant. I'm keeping number 3 as "Captains Cupboard" stash to cure up, and probably just burning through the other girls.

In reflection...I remember the bud these bag seeds came from. And it shows that even with mystery unstable crazy pheno genetics that you can pull some very good herb when grown with some love. I'm sure if this hadn't been my first coir experiment it would have went even better!

Thanks for following, and I feel like I've definitely learned some things, and I'm ready for the next one! Keep an eye out...a little birdy tells me it won't be long :wink:

Offlinegreenjoe
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Hermie bonanza lol...and I'm chopping them. (FINISHED W PICS) [Re: A To The K]
    #775902 - 04/13/15 05:16 AM (8 years, 11 months ago)

hey as long as it is free...enjoy....

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom