Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Gold Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore Boomr Bag   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | Next >
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinemagick81
Padawan grower
Male User Gallery

Loc: Narnia Flag
Re: Indoor 400w HPS Soil - Chemdog (Greenhouse seeds) [Re: magick81]
    #595742 - 11/04/11 11:26 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

The other things I purchased today
5 of these pots and saucers

Should I drill more holes in it?

And the Coco coir

--------------------
In the human brain, the hypothalamus controls the four f's:
1. Fighting 2. Fleeing 3. Feeding and ...4. Mating

My Current Grow. Killing Fields & Heavy Duty Fruity!!!
My Grow Journal. First Grow EVER!!!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinemagick81
Padawan grower
Male User Gallery

#595749 - 11/05/11 12:56 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Hey fella's
I transplanted one of my plants. I was unsure about a few things so i chose 1 of the plants that wasn't doing as well as the others lol.

OK, the Nutrifield Coco nutes is 2 part. Bottle says DO NOT MIX CONCENTRATE TOGETHER. So I'm assuming you mix them together diluted right?

Also, both part a and b says 0.6 - 1.2 EC for seedlings. Is that EC for each part? Meaning 1.2-2.4?

Thats how I read it lol. So I watered the coco with nute solution that read 2EC. Also, it looked a little root bound. Because I didn't wanna disturb the roots I just buried the roots still in the block of soil lol.

Also my PH test drops only has 6.2 as the lowest reading on the charts.
I reckon i got it down to at least 6.0 though.

So I'll leave this plant and see how it does lol.
If someone can tell me the right way to do it, I'll repot the others tomorrow. Otherwise, I'll wait and see how this plant does before attempting to do the others.

--------------------

Offlinemagick81
Padawan grower
Male User Gallery

#595753 - 11/05/11 01:36 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

OK, photo update time
You may notice 1 plants missing from the photo's. Plant number 3 has been transplanted. It's saucer/tray thing was full of water so I didn't wanna pull it out the tent for a photo. Here are the others.

Plant #1

Is it just me, or does this plant look like its growing like a sativa?

Plant #2

This one seems to be growing wideways lol

Plant #4

Apologies for the blurry shot.

Plant #5

It seems even the runts had a little growth spurt after the fish ferts.
Keen to see what this nutrifield will do for em

--------------------

Offlinewire5
Awesome Possum

Loc: "The sticks"
    #595768 - 11/05/11 03:00 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Totally diggin the babies man. They look cute as buttons.

You're plant 1 reminds me of my plant one (which is my tallest LOL) super stretchy with super thin baby leaves. Also your dwarf took off sooner than mine. Mine didn't barely do shit until a couple days ago. Now its starting took look even.

Totally groovy buckets dude. I like them. How wide? How tall? How much did they set you back :lol:

Also for transplanting the babies it's easy. I grew up around doing it in gardens and what not with my parents. But its the same principle. There are two ways.

I recomend doing this after the soil has dried a bit.  Take the pot you want to transplant them too and fill it just over 3/4 full. Form a hole down the middle that is about half the diameter of the pot. This is where the two methods differ, In one method you could simply slide the baby out of the start pot and if the soil is compact and good enough you can plop it right down into that hole and fill in around it. OR you could tap the dirt off from around the roots and gently transplant them into the pot, filling your hole in around roots in, I tend to fill it in in layers sorta.

At least these are the two ways I learned for rose bushes, blue berry bushes, apple trees, various flowers, etc; as a kid. Some one can feel free to correct me if I am misinformed in the slightest. I would actually rather appreciate it.

:peace:

--------------------
In order to grow good weed you need to be part carpenter, electrician, plumber, biologist, geneticist, chemist, and very willing to get dirty.

I've been working with power tools since I was 8, my dad is an electrical engineer who owned a 280 gal fish tank, and I studied biology with a specialty in genetics. Getting dirty comes naturally. I think my parents inadvertently trained me to be a weed grower.

See what you think on my first try.

Offlinemagick81
Padawan grower
Male User Gallery

Re: Indoor 400w HPS Soil - Chemdog (Greenhouse seeds) [Re: wire5]
    #595773 - 11/05/11 03:07 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

I my roots were compact in the soil so i just buried the soil with it. I think I did it right, looked like it was gonna start gettin root bound, so my bigger ones will definately need transplanting soon! but I'm worried about my nute/watering.

Someone on another forum told me i did it wrong, lol, bu they never bothered to tell me the right way lol, dont u hate that?

So, I mix part a with water in one bucket, part b and water in another.
And then mix them together after? Or do i water them separately?

Also, part a and part b bottles both say 0.6-1.2 ec for seedlings and transplants.
So should each solution measure up to 1.2 ec? Or should they measure 1.2ec together?
Hardly any instructions on the bottle, definately a not nube friendly product!

Edited by magick81 (11/05/11 03:13 AM)

OfflineHempMaster
Space Trucker
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
    #595795 - 11/05/11 07:54 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

magick81 said:
I my roots were compact in the soil so i just buried the soil with it. I think I did it right, looked like it was gonna start gettin root bound, so my bigger ones will definately need transplanting soon! but I'm worried about my nute/watering.

Someone on another forum told me i did it wrong, lol, bu they never bothered to tell me the right way lol, dont u hate that?

So, I mix part a with water in one bucket, part b and water in another.
And then mix them together after? Or do i water them separately?

Also, part a and part b bottles both say 0.6-1.2 ec for seedlings and transplants.
So should each solution measure up to 1.2 ec? Or should they measure 1.2ec together?
Hardly any instructions on the bottle, definately a not nube friendly product!

when they say don't mix part A and B together they mean without water(if their like mine), like don't mix A+B then add it to water, add A to the water first, mix it well then add part B and thoroughly mix it all together.(though i haven't used those nutes b4, so u might wanna call the store and ask to make sure) the total EC should be between .6 and 1.2 as stated on the bottle, also you don't have to worry about disturbing the roots during transplant, it won't kill the plant, u do want to get as much soil off the root system as possible b4 u transplant into the coco, just be gentle when breaking up the soil around the root system. but the one u did already and left the soil around the roots should be fine. just keep an eye out for ph probs with that plant, as the excess soil might throw off the base PH level of the coco, but i'm sure you'll be ok.

--------------------
My Tombstone will read: IwasburiedfacedownsoucanallkissmyA$$
my current grow

Offlinemagick81
Padawan grower
Male User Gallery

Re: Indoor 400w HPS Soil - Chemdog (Greenhouse seeds) [Re: HempMaster]
    #595861 - 11/05/11 07:25 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Last night after reading your post, I dug the plant up while it was still fresh and tried to remove the soil. I think i did it more harm than good, lol, saw lots of little bits of root hanging out of the soil i removed. Being drunk and being a plant I wouldn't miss I didn't really care, lol. Thats the last time I check this forum after a few drinks lol.

Today I transplanted the rest of the plants. I used a hose on shower setting to remove most of the soil from the roots.
After, I put a top layer of clay balls on top to keep the creepycrawlies out.

Heres a post-op photo.

--------------------

Offlinemagick81
Padawan grower
Male User Gallery

#595878 - 11/06/11 01:09 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

magick81 said:
I used a hose on shower setting to remove most of the soil from the roots.

It's just been brought to my attention that maybe that wasn't such a good idea?!? Any feedback?

Also, how often will I have to water? I was led to believe that I would have to water at least once a day with this setup. Is that right?

I have watered until water came out the bottom of the pot, should I let the pot sit in the tray of water and only only water again when it dries up? Having the clay-balls on top, i won't be able to check the moisture with the finger technique.
Anyways, today I fed them with a slightly stronger solution, 1.4ec, the recommended dose for vegging.

--------------------

Offlinephrostbyte
Hydro Grower

#595881 - 11/06/11 01:01 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

magick81 said:
Quote:

magick81 said:
I used a hose on shower setting to remove most of the soil from the roots.

It's just been brought to my attention that maybe that wasn't such a good idea?!? Any feedback?

I think they should be fine.

Offlinemagick81
Padawan grower
Male User Gallery

Re: Indoor 400w HPS Soil - Chemdog (Greenhouse seeds) [Re: phrostbyte]
    #596020 - 11/07/11 02:27 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Just a small update. Today I went out and bough at PH meter, and proper PH down instead the aquarium PH test drops, and PH down I've been using (PH test drops only went to 6.2 and wasn't very accurate, lol

Anyways, today is the very first time I fed/watered my plants with everything perfect. Mixed the nutes correctly, at the correct EC and correct PH. Keen to see the results as they have grown so much over night. Looks like I may lose one though. The leaves are a nice green, but they look like they are turning crispy.

Photo's to follow shortly...

--------------------

Offlinemagick81
Padawan grower
Male User Gallery

#596022 - 11/07/11 02:42 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

The sick plant. Leave's looks crispy and a little burnt. Not sure if its from being to close to the lights, the series of mistakes I've made switching to coco, or a combination of both lol. Well 4 out of 5 is pretty good for a beginner IMO. Lets see if I can continue the rest of the grow without anymore fuckups lol

Group shot. It's amazing how much they grew even though the PH was way off lol

--------------------

OfflineHempMaster
Space Trucker
Male User Gallery

#596026 - 11/07/11 03:14 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Your sick one will probably pull through fine man,it doesn't look too bad. The rest are looking good! I think you'll like the coco, once u get used to mix'n nutes and adjusting ph and stuff its real easy to maintain.

--------------------
my current grow

Offlinemagick81
Padawan grower
Male User Gallery

#596028 - 11/07/11 03:51 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Thanks for the compliment on how they look. I really needed it, after the shocking blunders after blunders of this weekend lol
Yeah, well I mixed a batch of about 15 litres tonight.
I still got about 10L of it though since I really didn't need to water too much. I've got the remainder in a plastic tub, which I've covered in a towel to sheild it from the light since the plastic tub is transluscent.

I water until i get some water dripping into the resevoir trays, then I water a little more.

Should I let the trays dry out before watering again? Does the coco suck up the water from the trays when it gets dry? Or is the water just evaporating under the lights? I haven't got self-watering pots, just plain ones.

--------------------

Edited by magick81 (11/07/11 03:53 AM)

OfflineHempMaster
Space Trucker
Male User Gallery

#596059 - 11/07/11 11:28 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

magick81 said:
Thanks for the compliment on how they look. I really needed it, after the shocking blunders after blunders of this weekend lol
Yeah, well I mixed a batch of about 15 litres tonight.
I still got about 10L of it though since I really didn't need to water too much. I've got the remainder in a plastic tub, which I've covered in a towel to sheild it from the light since the plastic tub is transluscent.

I water until i get some water dripping into the resevoir trays, then I water a little more.

Should I let the trays dry out before watering again? Does the coco suck up the water from the trays when it gets dry? Or is the water just evaporating under the lights? I haven't got self-watering pots, just plain ones.

the coco may wick up some of the water in the tray, but its more likely its evaporating b4 that happens. You should only water when the coco is almost dry, just stick your finger through the pellets into the coco and if its still damp u don't need to water. easiest way is to test is to get a soil moisture tester since u have pellets on top, u can get them for under $10 and a normal plant store. Also if your leaving a tub with mixed nutes in it you should add a air stone or small submersible pump to keep the water moving so the nutes won't settle and leave residue in the tub.

--------------------
my current grow

Offlinewire5
Awesome Possum

#596063 - 11/07/11 11:44 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

I'm sorry to say but I don't trust my moisture meter any more....my plants were bone dry (in a couple cases) and it was reading like a middle of the road reading...

--------------------
In order to grow good weed you need to be part carpenter, electrician, plumber, biologist, geneticist, chemist, and very willing to get dirty.

I've been working with power tools since I was 8, my dad is an electrical engineer who owned a 280 gal fish tank, and I studied biology with a specialty in genetics. Getting dirty comes naturally. I think my parents inadvertently trained me to be a weed grower.

OfflineHempMaster
Space Trucker
Male User Gallery

#596064 - 11/07/11 12:11 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

wire5 said:
I'm sorry to say but I don't trust my moisture meter any more....my plants were bone dry (in a couple cases) and it was reading like a middle of the road reading...

lol sounds like yours is broken dude, i have one and it works fine. its about 6 years old too. either way the finger into the top 2 or 3 inchs of the coco usually can give ya a good idea if they need water, just he has a layer of clay pellets ontop, so the meter seemed like a good idea rather than digging through it...

--------------------
my current grow

Offlinemagick81
Padawan grower
Male User Gallery

#596082 - 11/07/11 02:48 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Thanks for the tips guys.
I will use my finger for the time being. In the meantime, I've ordered one of those meters from ebay. $14.50 incl shipping.
When I do start using it, I'll make sure to check with my finger every now and then to make sure its still reading accurately :laugh:

Oh, btw. Two other forums are banning, or have already banned linking to growpics on photobucket and imageshack.
Apparently if the authorities contact them about your pics and account, they will sell you out. Gonna switch all my photo's to another server. Anyone know of a good one to use with growpics?

I know I can just upload them to this site, but some other sites don't allow uploading of images :\ And I dont think its fair to link other sites to photo's here. Don't wanna slow the site down or put any unnecessary bandwidth usage on the servers.

--------------------

Edited by magick81 (11/07/11 02:49 PM)

Offlinemagick81
Padawan grower
Male User Gallery

#596083 - 11/07/11 02:53 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

wire5 said:
Totally groovy buckets dude. I like them. How wide? How tall? How much did they set you back :lol:

Lols' I saw em on on special at Coles (Australian supermarket chain)
They came as a set of 3 on 1 tray, and cost $5 each set. I thought they looked nice so I got em. I did have to dig thru the stock though and mixed sets up trying to find uncracked ones, lol, eventually got 2 perfect sets. Size isn't very big though, I reckon maybe about a litre volume in each pot (less than half a gallon). My seedlings were starting to get a little bit rootbound, by the time i transplanted.

I'm using them now to sprout my veggies. Gonna grow some tomato, eggplant and okra. Mum got me the seeds so I can channel my hobby energy into something that isn't illegal lol

--------------------

Edited by magick81 (11/07/11 02:57 PM)

Offlinewire5
Awesome Possum

#596128 - 11/07/11 10:47 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Hhahahaha, I feel you, Thats why I miserably try my hand at growing things like shittake and pioppini etall, as well as hunting, much better at hunting for the shit.

--------------------

Offlinemagick81
Padawan grower
Male User Gallery

#596220 - 11/08/11 03:01 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

It's probably a combination of the pot upgrade, and the upgrade to coco, but I cannot believe how they are doing now! The stems are starting to get thicker, I will probably start training soon. If planning to scrog should I bother with LST? Since they basically are the same thing anyways. When should I add the screen?

The smell is getting stronger so I'll be buying my carbon filter tomorrow (still cant smell it at the exhaust vent, but its better safe than sorry)

Here's some porn for you. Unfortunately, I mixed some of the plants up so they now have new numbers. This is number 3 (previously number 1) the tallest sativa looking one. I think she's my fave lol

the sick crispy plant. Nute overload lols. Must be more sensitive than the others as they all get watered the same. Other have very slight curling which I don't think is a problem.
I'm thinking I should flush this one with plain PH'ed water. Or maybe a weaker nute solution?
Should I wait for it to dry up first? It doesn't matter when you flush does it?

Edited by magick81 (11/08/11 03:34 PM)

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | Next >

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore Boomr Bag   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds