Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco Bulk Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | Next >
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinemagick81
Padawan grower
Male User Gallery

Loc: Narnia Flag
Re: Indoor 400w HPS Soil - Chemdog (Greenhouse seeds) [Re: HempMaster]
    #594854 - 10/31/11 02:49 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Thanks HempMaster

If it weren't for you I would have had my lights 1.5 ft higher lol, and would have very stretchy plants. I'm real happy with the way they are looking, I guess thats what you meant by having tight internodes.

I've done heaps of research on LST and think I'm confident to try it. Also my mate will be coming round to give me a hand with it. He's no expert, but he's had one successful grow with LST.

I do plan to run an experiment though, so those plants will be untouched.
Gonna grow 2 similar sized plants side by side, 1 with Dutch Master Nutes, the other with organics such as Fish Emulsion and Kelp Fertilizer.
Just to see the difference in size, yield and smoke. So that way I know which way I'll want to go with these HeavyDutyFruitys that are on the way.

--------------------
In the human brain, the hypothalamus controls the four f's:
1. Fighting 2. Fleeing 3. Feeding and ...4. Mating

My Current Grow. Killing Fields & Heavy Duty Fruity!!!
My Grow Journal. First Grow EVER!!!!

Edited by magick81 (10/31/11 02:51 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineHempMaster
Space Trucker
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
Re: Indoor 400w HPS Soil - Chemdog (Greenhouse seeds) [Re: magick81]
    #594857 - 10/31/11 03:27 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

magick81 said:
Thanks HempMaster

If it weren't for you I would have had my lights 1.5 ft higher lol, and would have very stretchy plants. I'm real happy with the way they are looking, I guess thats what you meant by having tight internodes.

I've done heaps of research on LST and think I'm confident to try it. Also my mate will be coming round to give me a hand with it. He's no expert, but he's had one successful grow with LST.

I do plan to run an experiment though, so those plants will be untouched.
Gonna grow 2 similar sized plants side by side, 1 with Dutch Master Nutes, the other with organics such as Fish Emulsion and Kelp Fertilizer.
Just to see the difference in size, yield and smoke. So that way I know which way I'll want to go with these HeavyDutyFruitys that are on the way.

Sounds like a plan man, from what i've herd you'd have to really fuck up to kill a plant when doing LST, so i'm sure you'll be fine. Think i may build a scrog frame for my next go around after this one. as is i'm gonna flower my clones right after they take root without more than a week of vedging/getting used to the table...will be a low yield this time around but thats ok. just wanna see what i will get if i flower right after rooting. plus i want all my clones to come from only one mother plant in the end so the growth and flower time is totally uniform.
My last crop was from 12 femmed seeds and 1/2 grew at the same rate and the rest where slightly diff genomes i guess so they grew out of sync with the rest....you should consider taking a clone off your healthiest female and using it as a mother plant so u don't need to mess with sexing seeds when u wanna do another crop, just cut the clones and they root in a couple weeks and away u go!

--------------------
My Tombstone will read: IwasburiedfacedownsoucanallkissmyA$$
my current grow

Offlinemagick81
Padawan grower
Male User Gallery

#594866 - 10/31/11 05:28 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Yeah I did think of cloning all my plants, then picking out the best smoke and using that as a mother. The only problem I had with that idea is growing from clone takes longer doesn't it? Longer than growing from seeds I mean. And I think I may have read that they grow smaller also? I can't really recall though, so maybe I'm imagining that last fact lol

I guess after my first harvest, It won't really matter, I won't be in a hurry for another one. How much longer does it take to grow from clones?

On a shitty note, I just noticed that a plant has a small hole in one leaf, and is yellowing/thinning on another. I've started a thread in the Doctors forum here, worried they might be mites :eek:
I hope not! Send some mojo & good vibes my way, that way it'll turn out to be nothing lol

Heres some pics. Btw, I zoomed in on the photo's. Are those trich's I can see already? :laugh:

--------------------

Edited by magick81 (10/31/11 05:35 PM)

OfflineHempMaster
Space Trucker
Male User Gallery

#594875 - 10/31/11 06:32 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

magick81 said:
Yeah I did think of cloning all my plants, then picking out the best smoke and using that as a mother. The only problem I had with that idea is growing from clone takes longer doesn't it? Longer than growing from seeds I mean. And I think I may have read that they grow smaller also? I can't really recall though, so maybe I'm imagining that last fact lol

Its faster to clone than to start from seed for sure, with a good cloner u can root a cutting in as little as 6 or 7 days depending on the strain. then plant it and after it gets used to what ever medium your growing in (usually about a week)your off to the races. also if you have a very stable strain(genetics wise) you pretty much get a exact copy of the plant u took it from, they generally grow at the same rate and way, as long as the conditions are the same. One side note though, u should start moms from non feminized seeds, as i have herd that your mom can go funny on ya and start giving hemi clones. i haven't experienced this myself yet, but this is the first time i will be cloning from a femmed plant/seed. so i guess i'll find out lol

Quote:

On a shitty note, I just noticed that a plant has a small hole in one leaf, and is yellowing/thinning on another. I've started a thread in the Doctors forum here, worried they might be mites :eek:
I hope not! Send some mojo & good vibes my way, that way it'll turn out to be nothing lol

My prayers are with you man! :headbanger:

Quote:

Heres some pics. Btw, I zoomed in on the photo's. Are those trich's I can see already? :laugh:

lol

--------------------
my current grow

Offlinemagick81
Padawan grower
Male User Gallery

#595194 - 11/02/11 06:30 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Hi friends,
Since feeding with nutes (fish emulsion) the leaves have turn into a lush green. Only thing is that the lower leaves are still quite pale/yellowish. Will the green return over time? Or is there still something wrong with my babies?

--------------------

OfflineHempMaster
Space Trucker
Male User Gallery

#595240 - 11/02/11 09:43 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

magick81 said:
Hi friends,
Since feeding with nutes (fish emulsion) the leaves have turn into a lush green. Only thing is that the lower leaves are still quite pale/yellowish. Will the green return over time? Or is there still something wrong with my babies?

I would just cut off the sick leaves as long as you have a couple sets of healthy ones above them. Some times the leaves just don't recover even if the plant returns to full health.

--------------------
my current grow

Offlinemagick81
Padawan grower
Male User Gallery

#595242 - 11/02/11 09:54 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Cools.
Anyways, just got my first paycheck from my new job, much larger than i anticipated lols
Anyways, I'm going shopping tomorrow.

Gonna get some Dutch Master Gold Grow nutes, as well as the things I'll need to transplant the little ladies.
Anyways, I've noticed more insects in my soil, so tiny that you can barely see them, like tiny ants :frown:

I'm considering switching to a soiless mix. Can this be done mid-grow?
Or maybe even a DWC? If I can find an affordable one is australia.
Besides, 3 of my plants seem stunted. What I mean is there are new leaves growing, but the plants aren't getting any taller. Midgets lol. Maybe if I can control its environment more I might have more luck.

--------------------

Edited by magick81 (11/02/11 09:59 AM)

Offlinemagick81
Padawan grower
Male User Gallery

#595244 - 11/02/11 09:56 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Also about to place another seed order, haha
Any recomendations? Attitude has so many different brands, I'm lost lol
Anyone ever try KC Brains Danky Doodle?
Strains already in my shopping cart are:
Kalashnikova (AK47 x White Widow)
Trainwreck

--------------------

Edited by magick81 (11/02/11 10:02 AM)

Offlinewire5
Awesome Possum

Loc: "The sticks"
    #595253 - 11/02/11 10:19 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

There were a few from barny's farm I wanted to try (namely LSD and Red Dragon). Let me know what you think with whatever you order.

--------------------
In order to grow good weed you need to be part carpenter, electrician, plumber, biologist, geneticist, chemist, and very willing to get dirty.

I've been working with power tools since I was 8, my dad is an electrical engineer who owned a 280 gal fish tank, and I studied biology with a specialty in genetics. Getting dirty comes naturally. I think my parents inadvertently trained me to be a weed grower.

See what you think on my first try.

OfflineHempMaster
Space Trucker
Male User Gallery

Re: Indoor 400w HPS Soil - Chemdog (Greenhouse seeds) [Re: wire5]
    #595256 - 11/02/11 10:28 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

i always recommend getting a good old school strain, usually their alot cheaper, always stable genetics, and the weed is just as potent...like Norther Lights #5 or Skunk #1, super skunk is nice too..i just got some Orange Bud seeds, its real nice smoke and has a good yield. Bud bud is great if you want potency and yield. I'd say try Northern lights #5 or big bud... they are great smoke and since their almost pure indicas they make great plants to breed with.

I've herd good things about Vanilla Kush, Pineapple Kush and Pineapple chunk...but haven't personally tried any of them.

--------------------
my current grow

Offlinemagick81
Padawan grower
Male User Gallery

#595268 - 11/02/11 11:51 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Order over 20 pounds worth between 4th n 9th of nov u get extra free seeds, pineapple chunk being one of them. I think they're all cannabis cup winners. I'll be delaying before I put my order thru :smile:

--------------------

OfflineHempMaster
Space Trucker
Male User Gallery

#595332 - 11/02/11 09:24 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

magick81 said:
Order over 20 pounds worth between 4th n 9th of nov u get extra free seeds, pineapple chunk being one of them. I think they're all cannabis cup winners. I'll be delaying before I put my order thru :smile:

cool, think i might check it out.  So how yer plants doing?

--------------------
my current grow

Offlinemagick81
Padawan grower
Male User Gallery

#595372 - 11/03/11 03:20 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

HempMaster said:
So how yer plants doing?

Not well :frown:
I've got one IMO which is doing excellently (plant 1 in last photo update) and another one which I think is just above average (plant 2).

The other 3 are below average in my opinion. Still very small & short, though they are growing new leaf sites and new leaves. I've just fed with full strength fish emulsion. Hopefully this dose will be enough to carry it through till next feeding.

When repotting, I'm thinking of switching to soiless, or maybe even hydro. Are there any things I need to beware of if doing the switch on my plants mid veg? At least that way I'd be able to control the PH and nutes much easier. I think I might start a separate thread asking the question, but if your here, and have any useful info, it would really be appreciated.

--------------------

Edited by magick81 (11/03/11 04:31 AM)

OfflineHempMaster
Space Trucker
Male User Gallery

#595376 - 11/03/11 03:54 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

magick81 said:
When repotting, I'm thinking of switching to soiless, or maybe even hydro. Are there any things I need to beware of if doing the switch on my plants mid veg? At least that way I'd be able to control the PH and nutes much easier. I think I might start a separate thread asking the question, but if your here, and have any useful info, it would really be appreciated.

at worst you will shock the plant a small amount, but its the same as transplanting it to a larger pot in soil so no worries really.

Your best bet at this time IMO would be to switch to soiless, do what i did with perlite and peatmoss or use something like ProMix BX if available. also you will need a PPM meter, and a PH meter as they are more accurate that test strips. i found both on ebay for about 20 bucks each. but other than that its pretty much the same as growing in soil, just the nutes go into your water, and the soiless mix is generally PH neutral. Ph water to 6.5, PPM depends on the stage of growth of the plant.

--------------------
my current grow

Offlinemagick81
Padawan grower
Male User Gallery

#595704 - 11/04/11 07:01 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Just placed another attitude order, getting more frrebies than paid seeds lol

Ordered a Dinafem 3 pack

Freebies are:

Dinafem Critical Jack Auto
Dinafem White Widow

2 x DNA Genetics LA Confidential Regular
1 x Barneys Farm Pineapple Chunk Feminized
1 x Green House Seeds Super Lemon Haze Feminized
UFO#1 CH9 Female Seeds Critical Mass 33
Bought 3 seeds getting 7 free
lols
Got the mug this time, hope the shirt i got on my last order is something I would actually wear lol

On a side note, I broke something on my tent lol
My tent has two bars that go across to hang the lights from.
One of them was also supporting the weight of my fan. I was keen to open the tent to check on my plants after their feed and tugged the tent door when opening and the bracket holding the bar up snapped lol

The fan is fine, its being held up by all the ductape I used to tape it to the ducting. I duct-taped the bar back up, haha, not a very good job though lol. Today I plan to just get rid of that bar and hang my lights off just one bar instead. I might hit up the seller I got it from and see if he will replace it.

Anyways peeked at my sleeping plants with a torch, it looks like they had another growth spurt since feeding woohoo!
Cheers
Kev

--EDIT--
The bar came down again lol.
Hope my lights didnt bang against the side when it  did.
Anyways, had to attach the lights to the one good bar left in the dark, haha, what fun!

--------------------

Edited by magick81 (11/04/11 07:57 PM)

Offlinemagick81
Padawan grower
Male User Gallery

#595711 - 11/04/11 07:47 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

God my local hydro shop is dumb lol.
They didnt know what DWC was. I told them it stood for Deep water culture and they were still puzzled.

Today I asked if they sold any soiless mixes, they began to list off all their grow mediums. When I asked for a prepackaged mix they looked at me like i was crazy lol

Australia must really be behind when it comes to hydro lol

--------------------

Edited by magick81 (11/04/11 07:48 PM)

OfflineHempMaster
Space Trucker
Male User Gallery

#595715 - 11/04/11 08:24 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

magick81 said:
God my local hydro shop is dumb lol.
They didnt know what DWC was. I told them it stood for Deep water culture and they were still puzzled.

Today I asked if they sold any soiless mixes, they began to list off all their grow mediums. When I asked for a prepackaged mix they looked at me like i was crazy lol

Australia must really be behind when it comes to hydro lol

lol that is odd, but if you can find bags of perlite and peatmoss you can make your own. or any coco product. You can make your own DWC system real cheap too. Just have to be a bit handy with tools.

--------------------
my current grow

Offlinemagick81
Padawan grower
Male User Gallery

#595721 - 11/04/11 09:09 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

What ratio perlite to moss? On the way to buy now

--------------------

Offlinemagick81
Padawan grower
Male User Gallery

#595736 - 11/04/11 10:46 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

lols never mind.
I found another Hydro shop, which is closer, have better prices than any other i have found (except for ebay. They do have an ebay shop which post out items from another state, but when you pay for shipping you might as well have just bought from the shop direct!)

An ever bigger positive point is THEY KNOW WHST THEIR SHIT! lol
Anyways, I had a little chat with the guy and he helped me heaps.
Got 50L of Coco, 5 x 8L pots and saucers, Nutrifield nutes, EC test pen
Came to a total of $110. The EC test pen was around $50, so i think i got everything else quite cheap. I was expecting to spend almost $200 today, I'm heaps happy with my purchase :laugh:
He even threw in some clay balls for free. He told me to have a 1inch layer on the top of my substrate to keep the bugs out.

I was gonna get some perlite, but he said you only really need it for large scale grows and i should be ok with just the coco.

The nutes he sold me were cheaper than dutch master and apparently the best they've seen, it is the only product where they guarantee results. They have even turned some loyal Canna nutes customers onto the  stuff and they haven't gone back. Their supposed to be some new mob that are starting to get popular.
Keen to see how it performs.

Anyways, I will be repotting tomorrow in the coco. Any tips? I know I gotta wash the clay balls, what about the coco?

Cheers
MagickZ

Edited by magick81 (11/04/11 10:52 PM)

Offlinemagick81
Padawan grower
Male User Gallery

#595737 - 11/04/11 11:10 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

The Nutrifield Coco Nutes and the EC test pen

Pen and Nutes chilling with Spiderman and Ironman, lols
My Auntie makes these. She is officially licensed by Disney, and makes each peice by hand. She even has life size figurines! I don't have any of those though lol.These ones she gave me are ones that did not pass her quality test, but if you ask me there is nothing wrong with these ones lol
She wants me to start my own company and be her distributor in Australia, but I have no idea how to do that lol, I'm gonna start by selling them on ebay. Also thought I would approach movie cinemas and dvd rental shops.

If anyone wants one, send us a PM lol
Most of her stock goes to Japan, but hopefully after a while I will have sold a few of these through ebay

--------------------

Edited by magick81 (11/04/11 11:13 PM)

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | Next >

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco Bulk Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals