Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | Next >
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinemagick81
Padawan grower
Male User Gallery

Loc: Narnia Flag
Re: Indoor 400w HPS Soil - Chemdog (Greenhouse seeds) [Re: magick81]
    #599618 - 12/04/11 05:29 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Rearrange the tent tonight, to have my seedlings directly under the light, and the larger plants surrounding them.

Had an issue were one plant was all wilted on only one side. It seems she was getting thirsty, and being directly in front of the fan sped up the "Dying of thirst" process. It also didn't help that the substrate levels were much lower than when i first repotted. I watered last night, and it was better today.

Today I rearranged the tent to put a stool directly in front of the fan to act as a buffer, my ACJ seedlings are sitting on it. I also topped up the coco in all pots, and watered them again, just to get the new coco moist.

Here's a pic of the new arrangement.

--------------------
In the human brain, the hypothalamus controls the four f's:
1. Fighting 2. Fleeing 3. Feeding and ...4. Mating

My Current Grow. Killing Fields & Heavy Duty Fruity!!!
My Grow Journal. First Grow EVER!!!!

Edited by magick81 (12/04/11 05:36 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinephrostbyte
Hydro Grower

#599619 - 12/04/11 05:32 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Looking good man!  :thumbup::thumbup:  Keep @ it!

:cheers:

InvisibleDrG
Male

Re: Indoor 400w HPS Soil - Chemdog (Greenhouse seeds) [Re: phrostbyte]
    #599693 - 12/04/11 03:19 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

If only I had enough room:frown:Looking good man:thumbup:

Offlinemagick81
Padawan grower
Male User Gallery

Re: Indoor 400w HPS Soil - Chemdog (Greenhouse seeds) [Re: DrG]
    #599841 - 12/05/11 04:55 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Auto Critical Jacks
-=Day.11.Update=-

Last night I noticed that the green in the leaves was starting to get lighter. Being my second set of leaves, I new exactly what this meant. Nitrogen Deficiency, its time to start feeding nutes :laugh:

Luckily, my last 2 waterings were done with quarter strength and half strength nutes. Last night I watered them with full strength nutes at the recommended dosage for seedlings (0.6ec).

Today they look a little greener and thank god the tips aren't burnt :laugh:

Here are some pics I took today of them, as well as the nutes I am using.
The nutes for all of plants growth (veg & bloom) but imo it looks like the nitrogen can be a little higher during veg. Do you guys think I should water next time with some fish emulsion ferts instead of the coco nutes to give it a little nitrogen boost?

--------------------

InvisibleDrG
Male

#599960 - 12/06/11 08:38 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I'm digging it man:grin:I always give my plants Hi Nitrogen starting a few days after germination,although most say it isn't needed until well into their vegetative state,but who knows:grin:

Offlinemagick81
Padawan grower
Male User Gallery

Re: Indoor 400w HPS Soil - Chemdog (Greenhouse seeds) [Re: DrG]
    #600015 - 12/06/11 02:32 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Just checked on my chemdogs and they are still stretching lols.
Almost up to my chest now :laugh:

I like the size they are putting on, but i'm gonna run outta books to stack to get my seedlings closer to the light lol
Also, don't like the idea of having so many heavy books around my plants, waiting to be knocked over and decapitate my ladies...

I don't have much time now, but i'll have to work out another solution to get my seedlings closer to the light, when I get home from work.

--------------------

Edited by magick81 (12/06/11 02:50 PM)

OfflineHempMaster
Space Trucker
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
    #600047 - 12/06/11 05:52 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

magick81 said:
Just checked on my chemdogs and they are still stretching lols.
Almost up to my chest now :laugh:

I like the size they are putting on, but i'm gonna run outta books to stack to get my seedlings closer to the light lol
Also, don't like the idea of having so many heavy books around my plants, waiting to be knocked over and decapitate my ladies...

I don't have much time now, but i'll have to work out another solution to get my seedlings closer to the light, when I get home from work.

dude just switch to flower already... lol your chemdogs are more than large enough and the autos always stay short...i'm switching to 12/12 lights on friday and the largest in my table will be 9 inches, average height will be 6 inches by then... honestly indoors i don't know why people vedge their plants over 12 inches...you won't get more off larger plants unless you have 1000's of watts of lights... i know this is true from experience... if your have a tent with a 600 or 1000w light you should flower between 6 and 12 inches to get the most out of your plants... otherwise they will just stretch and have long inter nodal spaces, unless you have alot of lights. that is just my opinion though...believe what you like... :smirk:

--------------------
My Tombstone will read: IwasburiedfacedownsoucanallkissmyA$$
my current grow

Offlinemagick81
Padawan grower
Male User Gallery

Re: Indoor 400w HPS Soil - Chemdog (Greenhouse seeds) [Re: HempMaster]
    #600050 - 12/06/11 05:56 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Lols, they're on their 2nd week of flower lol.
It'll be 2 weeks on Sunday. :laugh:

--------------------

Offlinemagick81
Padawan grower
Male User Gallery

#600052 - 12/06/11 06:00 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I have been thinking of building a veg box to put the auto seedlings in. That way I can pop more of these seeds, lol, and can put em in the tent to flower as soon as these ones are done.
I was thinking of cfls to keep power cost and heat down. How many cfl bulbs for 15-20 plants. I'm aiming for 10 females next time, and plan to upgrade my lighting for flowering in the tent when I do so.

--------------------

Edited by magick81 (12/06/11 06:04 PM)

OfflineHempMaster
Space Trucker
Male User Gallery

#600116 - 12/06/11 10:42 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

magick81 said:
Lols, they're on their 2nd week of flower lol.
It'll be 2 weeks on Sunday. :laugh:

lol my mistake, i'm switching mine 12/12 on friday.

Quote:

How many cfl bulbs for 15-20 plants. I'm aiming for 10 females next time, and plan to upgrade my lighting for flowering in the tent when I do so.

I just bought a 200w sunblaster CFL 6500k temp, puts out 14000 lumens,the guy at the grow store told me its fine for up to 5 full sized mother plants kept in vedge, and the cuttings in my cloner. its gonna power my mom/clone room.

but i don't know really how many cfl's u'd need to flower 15 to 20 plants...if i had to guess i'd say you would need atleast 3 of the 200w CFL's... just make sure when u buy the CFL's u buy the right temp for either vedge or bloom, from what i have read you want 6500k and higher for vedge and 3000k and lower to bloom.

--------------------
my current grow

Offlinemagick81
Padawan grower
Male User Gallery

#600517 - 12/08/11 06:01 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I planned to buy some pk booster and some lighting equipment today.
I went to withdraw money and all but $15 was gone. After calling the bank I learnt that somebody has put multiple charges on my account. Last month, fraud was also attempted but the slicksters didn't know my expiry date, so the card company cancelled my card and issued me this new one.

My wife reckons it has something to do with me using my card to buy seeds, as if the ppl running this business are shady. It did only start after I started placing seed orders.....

Any truth to this? Anybody else have fraudulent activity on their cards after they used it to purchase seeds?

--------------------

Offlinewire5
Awesome Possum

Loc: "The sticks"
    #600735 - 12/10/11 12:58 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Possibly due to using your card to order a lot online. It probably wasn't stolen through the seed company (if it was you likely would never have recieved the seeds) its self but rather from a virus, trojan, or something of that nature which picked up your CC info when you were buying seeds.

--------------------
In order to grow good weed you need to be part carpenter, electrician, plumber, biologist, geneticist, chemist, and very willing to get dirty.

I've been working with power tools since I was 8, my dad is an electrical engineer who owned a 280 gal fish tank, and I studied biology with a specialty in genetics. Getting dirty comes naturally. I think my parents inadvertently trained me to be a weed grower.

See what you think on my first try.

Offlinemagick81
Padawan grower
Male User Gallery

Re: Indoor 400w HPS Soil - Chemdog (Greenhouse seeds) [Re: wire5]
    #600736 - 12/10/11 01:07 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Hmmm, well I don't think it was from the seed company or any of my online purchases. I only use it for online purchases on mainly overseas sites, but one of the charges on my card was in Sydney, which is where I live.

So I think it's:
a) ordering online at dominos. The drivers have a copy of the reciept which has the card number. It kind of fits as it doesn't have the expiry date, and the first fraud attempt they were trying to guess my expiry date.

Or

b) I've been using my card at a shop with some shady people running the registers.

I reckon it's b.
Anyways, I'm super devastated that they cleaned out my bank account 2 weeks from Xmas :frown:
It would be different if it was a credit card, but being a Visa Debit, the funds they used were my savings. Christmas is gonna suck this year!

--------------------

Offlinemagick81
Padawan grower
Male User Gallery

#600737 - 12/10/11 01:09 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Just wanted to add that i have scanned my MacBook and no virus's were detected. I dont think that's it, as I'm pretty vigilant with my computer security.

--------------------

Offlinewire5
Awesome Possum

Loc: "The sticks"
    #600738 - 12/10/11 01:32 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I know that most recipts only print the last 4 of the card number so I doubt its option A.

--------------------
In order to grow good weed you need to be part carpenter, electrician, plumber, biologist, geneticist, chemist, and very willing to get dirty.

I've been working with power tools since I was 8, my dad is an electrical engineer who owned a 280 gal fish tank, and I studied biology with a specialty in genetics. Getting dirty comes naturally. I think my parents inadvertently trained me to be a weed grower.

See what you think on my first try.

Offlinemagick81
Padawan grower
Male User Gallery

Re: Indoor 400w HPS Soil - Chemdog (Greenhouse seeds) [Re: wire5]
    #600741 - 12/10/11 02:15 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Anyways, to cheer me up I have lots of cool items being shipped to my house as we speak.
I got a grenade grinder/sifter.
I also got a more conventional "Cali Crusher" grinder/sifter so I won't get shot if I pull it outta my pocket in the streets.
Also got a new e-cig, with about 20 bottles of flavored smoke juice.
And a vapir vaporizer. Came with heaps of goodies too, another grinder, rechargable battery pack, pollen press.
If only I had some weed, hahahah, hurry up chemdoggies lol

--------------------

Offlinephrostbyte
Hydro Grower

#600753 - 12/10/11 05:56 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

many banks where I am from wont allow the use of there credit / debit cards to make seed orders because they claim this exact situation happens all too much.  They claim they have had too much fraud happen after people place these orders.

Edited by phrostbyte (12/10/11 05:59 AM)

Offlinemagick81
Padawan grower
Male User Gallery

Re: Indoor 400w HPS Soil - Chemdog (Greenhouse seeds) [Re: phrostbyte]
    #601002 - 12/11/11 05:13 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

So today marks the official start of flowering for week 3.
I just watered/fed last night. I will do a pic update later tonight when my plants wake up. In the last week they have grown alot, maybe a ft!
How long do these suckers usually stretch? Because i do hope they stop stretching soon.

Cheers
DrMagickz

--------------------

OfflineHempMaster
Space Trucker
Male User Gallery

#601028 - 12/11/11 08:20 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

magick81 said:
So today marks the official start of flowering for week 3.
I just watered/fed last night. I will do a pic update later tonight when my plants wake up. In the last week they have grown alot, maybe a ft!
How long do these suckers usually stretch? Because i do hope they stop stretching soon.

Cheers
DrMagickz

wow lots of growth man! how much they stretch will depend mainly on the strain rather than anything else, though if u want to keep them as short as u can move the light as close to the plant tops as u can without burning them. I usually figure my plants will get twice as large over the flowering period and so far this has proved to be true for me. though the auto plants are different, i know mine will still be tiny at full maturity.

--------------------
my current grow

Offlinemagick81
Padawan grower
Male User Gallery

#601066 - 12/12/11 03:43 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

They've got balls! Gah!!!!
lols, how lame, uber crap hahah

Well today, I came into the room where the tent was on during night night period, and found my lil bro had LEFT THE LIGHTS IN THE ROOM ON ON ALL DAY!!! They were in the tent, and its usually pretty dark in there regardless, but there was one vent I had left open for air intake. That vent is lined with mylar. Even worse is the spot it is in. It is practically right under the light bulb. Man I'm gonna tear my bro a new one for this :frown:

Anyways, I dunno if they had balls before and I never noticed em, or if they just came up today from having the lights in that room on.
How quick do balls take to show?

On another note, there are some white hairs also coming out of the bud sites. I dunno what to do. Trash em and start again? Or grow them out and have some seeded smoke?

Will it be worth my time and trouble to continue this grow op? Or should I just cut my losses and get rid of them?

I dunno if all of them had balls, but after I saw em on the 3 best plants I stopped looking lol

So are my Critical Jack Auto's are my only hope now?

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | Next >

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order