Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | Next >
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinewire5
Awesome Possum

Loc: "The sticks"
Re: Indoor 400w HPS Soil - Chemdog (Greenhouse seeds) [Re: magick81]
    #598647 - 11/27/11 12:18 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Yeah, I've stopped relying so much on here for answers. I tend to just google search when I need help.

--------------------
In order to grow good weed you need to be part carpenter, electrician, plumber, biologist, geneticist, chemist, and very willing to get dirty.

I've been working with power tools since I was 8, my dad is an electrical engineer who owned a 280 gal fish tank, and I studied biology with a specialty in genetics. Getting dirty comes naturally. I think my parents inadvertently trained me to be a weed grower.

See what you think on my first try.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinephrostbyte
Hydro Grower

#598659 - 11/27/11 01:32 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

I know what you mean...  I had a few problems and I posted in the doc thread.  Didn't get an reply for over a week...  I do dwc and it would be dead by then if I would have waited.

Offlinemagick81
Padawan grower
Male User Gallery

Loc: Narnia Flag
Re: Indoor 400w HPS Soil - Chemdog (Greenhouse seeds) [Re: phrostbyte]
    #598660 - 11/27/11 01:39 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Well I will still keep updating my thread regularly, what about you guys?

--------------------
In the human brain, the hypothalamus controls the four f's:
1. Fighting 2. Fleeing 3. Feeding and ...4. Mating

My Current Grow. Killing Fields & Heavy Duty Fruity!!!
My Grow Journal. First Grow EVER!!!!

Offlinewire5
Awesome Possum

#598664 - 11/27/11 02:16 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Going to keep doing my normal thing. Post here and no where else; because I'm too lazy to. And stubbornly keep my "I'll figure it out on my own" mentality.

But that pretty well sums up my nature.

--------------------
In order to grow good weed you need to be part carpenter, electrician, plumber, biologist, geneticist, chemist, and very willing to get dirty.

I've been working with power tools since I was 8, my dad is an electrical engineer who owned a 280 gal fish tank, and I studied biology with a specialty in genetics. Getting dirty comes naturally. I think my parents inadvertently trained me to be a weed grower.

Offlinemagick81
Padawan grower
Male User Gallery

Re: Indoor 400w HPS Soil - Chemdog (Greenhouse seeds) [Re: wire5]
    #598673 - 11/27/11 04:01 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Holy Moly!
I have no idea if it is from its first 12hr nap, or from the feeding the other day, but when my plant woke up, they were waist high lols.
Had to raise my cooltube, I cant raise it any further until i get some extra ducting for my carbon filter, lol, ill go shopping monday or tuesday, ill have to take the day off work, haha

The first 3 plants look good.

But plants 4&5 look a little battered, haha, i have the room so i might as well keep em and see what they yield for me

--------------------

OfflineHempMaster
Space Trucker
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
    #598711 - 11/27/11 01:10 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

wire5 said:
Going to keep doing my normal thing. Post here and no where else; because I'm too lazy to. And stubbornly keep my "I'll figure it out on my own" mentality.

But that pretty well sums up my nature.

ya i have that "bugoff i'll figure it out myself" mentality too lol

I really only post here so i can keep track of my grow LOL don't really care if there lots of action in the forums... plus i like the look of this place better than the others i've checked out.
Quote:

magick81 said:

Holy Moly!
I have no idea if it is from its first 12hr nap, or from the feeding the other day, but when my plant woke up, they were waist high lols.

your plants still look a lil heat stressed but it doesn't seem to effect their growth at all LOL, looking good bro! :thumbup:

--------------------
My Tombstone will read: IwasburiedfacedownsoucanallkissmyA$$
my current grow

Offlinewire5
Awesome Possum

Re: Indoor 400w HPS Soil - Chemdog (Greenhouse seeds) [Re: HempMaster]
    #598724 - 11/27/11 02:22 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

@magick81: Yeah my looked really perky their first day, but they were crammed under a screen too; so I don't know if they grew any.

Why not go through and clean off some of that smaller shit and yellow leaves toward the bottoms. My philosophy is; "that if it nearly falls off when you gently pull, the plant didn't want it any way." Or at least that is what I've picked up, through various other plants that I've seen taken care of. I spent a lot of time in nurseries because my family has a bunch of half assed gardeners.*

@HempMaster: I love problem solving and trying to figure things out for myself. Its kind of an art for me.

I as well, it also kind of fills the "show and tell" urge.

I actually perfer smaller slower forums. I don't spend a lot of time posting, so on the bigger forums I get lost easily.

*(random stoned thought: that last sentence was me filling the urge to cite. Damn school systems, and their subconscious implants!!!)

--------------------

Offlinemagick81
Padawan grower
Male User Gallery

#598765 - 11/27/11 08:09 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Tonight when they awaken from their slumber I will go at them with some scissors and remove all the sick leaves. Plants 4&5 are the mainly affected ones. As for heatstress, I've monitored temps, and on really hot days, the tent can reach 31-32 degrees in the late afternoon. It's usually only for an hour or two, and by 9pm when the lights switch on, it's much cooler and stays at 27, until it spikes again the next afternoon.

Hey guys, now that I've started bloom, is there anything I should add to my feedings? All I am using at the moment is nutrifield coco nutes, which is used during veg & bloom. Is it really as sufficient as they say? Or should I add some other things to the mix, for healthier happier plants?

--------------------

Offlinemagick81
Padawan grower
Male User Gallery

#598934 - 11/29/11 04:28 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Today, I couldn't raise the lights any further as the ducting going to the carbonfilter wasn't long enough. So I went to the hydroshop and got 2x 3m 6inch ducting, and 4x of those hose clamps.
The hippy dude I normally deal with wasn't there today, and this crazy mofo charged me $50 for all that stuff! I couldn't believe it. Last time i only paid $10 for the ducting and got the hose clamps for free.
I didn't say anything though cos a) I didn't wanna get hippy bloke in trouble b) I reckon I got those items dirt cheap, since I spent about $400 in the shop that day.

Anyways, fixed the ducting up, and i put my filter sitting on a stool now, lols

Here's a pic of the tent, with the watchful guard dog posing. He wouldn't get outta the shot, lol

All the new growth at the top of the plant looks nice and healthy. A few yucky leaves in the middle, but most of the crappy burnt crispy leaves are all around the bottom of the plants, so I'm happy about about that :laugh:
I know I said i would trim all the rubbish leaves off, but i am really tired today, lols, maybe tomorrow...
-=Edit=-
Woke up at 2am and couldn't sleep, so I went next door with a pair of scissors, and cut off most of the sick and heatstressed leaves, the plants are looking much better now :smile:

Edited by magick81 (11/29/11 08:09 AM)

OfflineHempMaster
Space Trucker
Male User Gallery

#599019 - 11/29/11 05:22 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

lookin good bro! I should be doing a pic update by the end of the week, all 23 of my clones have roots, but only about 12 of them have large enough roots to transplant, so i'm hoping by the end of the week i'll have the table full with all 18 sites filled plus 3 or 4 more pots with the extra clones going into them if i can afford more pots and soiless mix lol cash it tight, i'm a poor broke ass student, so i'm not workn, hence the broke ass part lol but i grad from school at the end of the week so then its looking for work time again....i know i'll regret saying this in about a month or so but MAN AM I LOOKIN FORWARD TO WORKING AGAIN! LOL

cheers
Hemp

--------------------
my current grow

OfflineMushrooMan420
Muncher

Loc: CA
    #599053 - 11/29/11 11:05 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Instead of buying more ducting you should find some straps or extra waist-belts to hang your carbon scrubber to save some $$$

--------------------
x:tongue:

Offlinemagick81
Padawan grower
Male User Gallery

Re: Indoor 400w HPS Soil - Chemdog (Greenhouse seeds) [Re: MushrooMan420]
    #599074 - 11/30/11 06:03 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Checked on my ladies today, and at day 3 of flowering I had to raise the lights again, lols, Lucky I got the extra ducting, as the ducting from the carbon scrubber to the cooltube wouldn't let me raise the lights anymore. Plants have raised from just below my waist height to just above my belly-button. I wonder how tall they will end up :laugh:

Sounds good HempMaster. Cant wait to see your update. All your equipment looks state of the art, cant wait to see how it performs. And I feel you about returning to work. I returned to work on october 23, and having more money, my plants exploded in growth in just a month, being able to afford the finer things. Though some days I have to drag myself outta bed and force myself to work, lol. I did heaps of overtime last week so my pay is double what im used to, haha, cant wait to get some new gear for my grow operation :laugh:

MushroomMan, I've seen these cool straps that hold 65kg for $14 on Sanniesshop.com. Thinking about getting them, though I'm worried about the tent being able to hold it up. I've already had one of the lightbars snap, so i'm being real careful.

Since I only have 5 large plants, I had the room to chuck a stool in there to sit my massive carbon filter on.

--------------------

Offlinewire5
Awesome Possum

#599102 - 11/30/11 10:43 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

It sounds to me like instead of raising your lights every 12 hours you should just put a screen down.

--------------------

Offlinemagick81
Padawan grower
Male User Gallery

#599142 - 11/30/11 02:12 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

I don't mind raising the lights. I check my plants everyday, and the light hangers I use are so simple to raise. I just push it up, and when I stop pushing it locks into place. Checked them again this morning when I woke up and they are even taller lol.

--------------------

Offlinemagick81
Padawan grower
Male User Gallery

#599164 - 11/30/11 04:29 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Auto Critical Jacks
-=Day.6.Update=-

The ACJ's are coming along nicely. Plant 1 is very tall and leggy, plant 2 has a much shorter stem, but leaf size is just a tiny bit smaller than her older sister.

They've been in the tent under the 400w HPS for 12 hours a day, and spend the other 12 hours a day on my windowsill.  Night period is only 3 or 4 hours every day, though I'm told you can grow autos on 24/0 from seed to harvest.

Now for the pics

I plan to feed it quarter strength nutes on my next watering, and work its way up to full strength seedling dose.

Oh, btw, I am now DrMagick :smile:
Well not quite a veterinary doctor yet, but soon, haha, I like that handle much better. Any way to change a nickname? If not its cool, i dont mind it either way :smile:

Cheers
DrMagickZ

--------------------

Offlinemagick81
Padawan grower
Male User Gallery

#599214 - 12/01/11 03:38 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

The chemdogs are stretching like crazy lol
I had to put 4 novels+a box onto the stool so my ACJ's tops are level with the chemdogs canopy.
Here's another photo. For size comparison I got my dog to pose. I also put a Solo drink can in the plant on the left, though its hard to see.
Cheers
DrMagickXz

--------------------

OfflineHempMaster
Space Trucker
Male User Gallery

#599269 - 12/01/11 12:56 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

magick81 said:
The chemdogs are stretching like crazy lol
I had to put 4 novels+a box onto the stool so my ACJ's tops are level with the chemdogs canopy.
Here's another photo. For size comparison I got my dog to pose. I also put a Solo drink can in the plant on the left, though its hard to see.
Cheers
DrMagickXz

Plants are looking good man! :thumbup:
mine have been growing slowly lately, though i think i figured out why...i use 3 part nutes for vedging and have been mixing micro, then grow and then bloom into my water and i'm supposed to go grow, micro then bloom lol it actually makes a big difference in the order of mixing..think i'm gonna switch to single part nutes after i use these up... ofcourse i should be sober when mixing nutes...think that was a factor too lol

--------------------
my current grow

Offlinemagick81
Padawan grower
Male User Gallery

#599454 - 12/02/11 09:07 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Thanks for the kind words HM. Anyways, I just realised how horrible that last photo looks. Just like you HM, I was far from sober and forgot how to use the flash and focus lol

Here's a better pic. Plant #1. She's not my biggest or best gal, she was just the easiest to pull out lol

--------------------

InvisibleT-Rex
Herbsman
Male User Gallery

Loc: Devils Marbles Flag
    #599456 - 12/02/11 09:38 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Pug!

Looks so good bro, keep it up :bongload:

--------------------

Offlinemagick81
Padawan grower
Male User Gallery

Re: Indoor 400w HPS Soil - Chemdog (Greenhouse seeds) [Re: T-Rex]
    #599461 - 12/02/11 11:09 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Pug's rock! lol
Well, they do after you get used to all the pug smells and pug noises, haha

Did anyone watch the first episode of weed wars? Seemed a little boring, hopefully it gets better

--------------------

Edited by magick81 (12/02/11 11:12 PM)

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | Next >

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds