Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleLSD
Stranger
 User Gallery

how to make black hash?
    #582810 - 09/01/11 05:36 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

after long summer time I'm here again and need your help in my next grow but first I still have a lot of dried or powdered leafs and I tried all the methods but I could only get brown hash
I really like dark gummy hash and still don't know how to make it?
I know i should cook after using between 70-80 microns screens but don't what else?
can anyone tell exactly what is the procedures?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineHippoSex
Aero-Grower

Loc: Canada Flag
Re: how to make black hash? [Re: LSD]
    #582837 - 09/01/11 07:01 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

I wouldn't cook it, per say, but when I heat press brownish hash it turns black and sticky. Heat + ruptured trichomes = black hash.

Most black hash, like lots of imports for example, are heat pressed. Some dark brown ones are a result of different methods of water extraction, but I think what you're going for is heat pressed.

InvisibleLSD
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: how to make black hash? [Re: HippoSex]
    #582859 - 09/01/11 08:20 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

thanks for the info
I should add I already tried directly by heat and press with different methods like first putting into cigarette plastic then newspaper & water or aliminium also tried different heating process like lighter or oven but still not turning black, they burn or would be brown.
I didn't tried after I get brown hash from bubble bags I heat and press but I think that will burn or would be waste
I have a friend from persia and india they told me they cook on oven with alminimum also they use oil. is it possibe?

OfflineHippoSex
Aero-Grower

Loc: Canada Flag
Re: how to make black hash? [Re: LSD]
    #583256 - 09/03/11 07:59 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

I know what you're talking about - the problem you are having is that you are not heating and pressing at the same time.

Once it is heated, then you press it down, heat it some more, press it some more, and repeat until satisfied that it is pressed as much as it can be (or as much as you want it to be).

The amount of heat doesn't have to be a lot - personally, what I do is I put my hash in a hash press (just a hand one), then submerge it under hot or boiling water for a certain amount of time (10 seconds to 5 minutes - takes experimentation) to get things heated, then I press it some more, heat it some more (if necessary), press it some more, etc, then I let it cool for a few hours (or in the freezer) before I remove it (because otherwise it is sticky and a mess).

*note: if you want just the outside black, put it under boiling water for less time (say, 10 seconds), as apposed to hot tap water for five minutes (which would make it black throughout). Takes experimentation.

OfflineNobodyImportant
Science Is Subculture
Male User Gallery

Loc: Jawjuh.
Re: how to make black hash? [Re: HippoSex]
    #584634 - 09/08/11 03:27 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Only time ive ever got black hash was when making ethanol hash

--------------------
:bonghit:
Glass By: US Tubes, ZOB, Roor.de, Sheldon Black, Jerome Baker, Medicali, Kennaroo, Sand, Alex K, Local and Unknown Artists

OfflineRasJeph
Psycho Pete
Male

Loc: Bumfuckt Egypt
Re: how to make black hash? [Re: NobodyImportant]
    #584763 - 09/09/11 10:38 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Forgive an ignorant question...but why would you WANT black hash? In my limited hash experience, people tend to look for lighter colors to darker colors. Darker colors are supposed to show impurity (to a degree) yes?

--------------------
Of course it's happening inside your head.
Why should that mean it isn't real?

OfflineKushBandit
Stranger
Re: how to make black hash? [Re: RasJeph]
    #585270 - 09/10/11 11:06 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

I make black hash all the time.
first you're going to need a turkey baister, a metal coffee filter or a mesh screen, and a mason jar. 

Take all your trim and put it in a 5 gal. bucket with water and ice.  Freeze your trim before hand for a few hours before doing this.  Agitate your mixture for at least 25-30 minutes. Run water through your filter to collect plant material.  Do NOT use paper coffers filters.

Let water sit for 4 hours at least.  Suck water out until its about an inch or so over the trichomes.  Then pour into a mason jar.  What you will see is a clorophyll, trichome water muxture.  The trichomes will sink to the bottom and this is where you start sucking the water out of your mixture again after letting it sit.

Pour your remaining amount onto a sheet of wax paper and let enough water to evaporate to allow for you to scrape up the hash and mold it a bit.  Now take your hash and let it dry and cure.  It will go from a blonde color to black naturally.  Contrary to popular belief, black hash isn't a sign of impurities.  It's a chemical reaction.  If you have any concentrate questions, feel free to shoot me a question.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds