Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Bridgetown Botanicals Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinesean
Male

Re: Fellow students [Re: Picklez]
    #581046 - 08/26/11 12:37 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

KillerPicklez said:
How is your semester looking? what classes do you have?

So far mine is looking to be pretty easy. I should be able to pull decent grades as long as I keep showing up to class each day

My schedule:
GCU 121- World Geography
BIO 100- Introduction to Biology
MUS 355- Survey of American Music (3rd time taking this class :crankey: )
SOS 320- Society and Sustainability

I thought I had close to 70 credits, turns out I only have 48 :sad:

good luck...................whoow....................i dropped a basic english class even though there was a hot girl in there...............coudnt stand the talking group stuff presentations and all the ppl too.................no offense to any1 thats how i am.  I have a 1.444 GPA at a junior college,i cheated in high school alot.......im just about banned from the school, i more bad grade or W and im out though ive already decided to never go back at least in person................theres always online, like i wanna learn photoshop which i failed bc i stopped midway through the class doing the work.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePicklez
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Fellow students [Re: sean]
    #581047 - 08/26/11 12:39 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

You are never going to get a degree with that attitude, you might as well drop out now. You wont be able to get anywhere if all you are willing to do is online work

Offlinesean
Male

#581048 - 08/26/11 12:47 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

KillerPicklez said:
You are never going to get a degree with that attitude, you might as well drop out now. You wont be able to get anywhere if all you are willing to do is online work

I already dropped out and im not going after a degree whether im dumb or not, doesnt matter to me

OfflinePicklez
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #581049 - 08/26/11 12:49 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

word :crazy2:

OfflineTHEBats
The Bridge Master
Male

#581051 - 08/26/11 12:52 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

:twobooks:

--------------------
kickin-two-hundo said:
you know what i did in english class? I came to class stoned out of my mind every day, i chugged vodka in the back of class, i put dead fish in the ceiling tiles. i put a gallon of old milk and orange juice in the file cabinet before winter vacation. i brought snakes in a tied up sweater and let them loose during class. i didnt go to school to learn, i went because i had to. i didnt care, and i didn't fucking listen to that stupid bitch. and i still don't fucking care. i tore the pages out of her books and burned them, and threw away all the books in the class, two books per day.  :twobooks:

OfflinePicklez
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Fellow students [Re: THEBats]
    #581052 - 08/26/11 12:58 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

:lol:

Offlinesean
Male

#581063 - 08/26/11 03:34 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

:snoop:  :Awesketch:  :maximumtrolling:

Offlinesean
Male

#581064 - 08/26/11 03:36 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

THEBats said:
:twobooks:

oh, great sig too

Offlinesean
Male

#581066 - 08/26/11 03:44 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

KillerPicklez said:

So far mine is looking to be pretty easy. I should be able to pull decent grades as long as I keep showing up to class each day

My schedule:
GCU 121- World Geography

triple post my bad

What are degrees really good for?  Honestly, what exactly does going to school do for you?  Are you aiming for a house?  Are you aiming for a high-paying job?  What is it?

OfflineThebooedocksaint
Dead Dictator
 User Gallery

Loc: Wild & Free
    #581124 - 08/26/11 07:49 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

sean said:
Quote:

KillerPicklez said:

My schedule:
GCU 121- World Geography

triple post my bad

What are degrees really good for?  Honestly, what exactly does going to school do for you?  Are you aiming for a house?  Are you aiming for a high-paying job?  What is it?

Quote:

sean said:
What are degrees really good for?

Not having a shitty job your entire life, getting better pay, and gaining more knowledge.

If you can't get a 2.0 in junior college at the very least you're probably to stupid to expect graduating in the first place.

Also cheating in HS just shows how stupid you were in this first place. I got a 1.8 in high-school but that was just because I knew my ACT/SAT alone could get me into whatever college, and I already had a hand full of scholarships offered. :shrug:

I'd keep my mouth shut if this could be considered flaming, but I'm pretty sure it's just the truth.

Quote:

sean said:
Quote:

KillerPicklez said:

I already dropped out and im not going after a degree whether im dumb or not, doesnt matter to me

Then gtfo of the "fellow students thread." :lol:

Btw, Online degrees are more difficult most of the time because there is next to no lecture and they have less credibility.
It will be especially more difficult since you seem to need cheating to pass high school.

I'm 90% sure you're just trying to troll bait us with you're post. I really don't think you could possibly be real.

An Hero plz.

--------------------
"Je pense, donc je suis (I am thinking, therefore I am)." -Rene Descartes

Edited by Thebooedocksaint (08/26/11 08:15 AM)

Invisibledrawde
    #581167 - 08/26/11 11:55 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

KillerPicklez said:
Upper division Chem courses can definitely get challenging, especially O-chem but drawde is just taking Intro Chem which is a cake course

I dont really know what the education system is like in the states but I think it varies a little from here.  I already took intro college courses in high school that are equivalents so you do not have to take the intro in college.

--------------------
King Koopa said:
The amount of pot that Gask smokes is equivalent to a guy shooting heroin on weekends

OfflineTHEBats
The Bridge Master
Male

Re: Fellow students [Re: drawde]
    #581177 - 08/26/11 12:23 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Yeah we have the option in the states as well.

--------------------
kickin-two-hundo said:
you know what i did in english class? I came to class stoned out of my mind every day, i chugged vodka in the back of class, i put dead fish in the ceiling tiles. i put a gallon of old milk and orange juice in the file cabinet before winter vacation. i brought snakes in a tied up sweater and let them loose during class. i didnt go to school to learn, i went because i had to. i didnt care, and i didn't fucking listen to that stupid bitch. and i still don't fucking care. i tore the pages out of her books and burned them, and threw away all the books in the class, two books per day.  :twobooks:

OfflineHippoSex
Aero-Grower

Loc: Canada Flag
    #581187 - 08/26/11 12:46 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

If you can't do college, ut a fake degree on your resume or sell dr00gz.

Or, spend your life working a minimum wage job and spend your salary on alcohol and cough syrup.

:muppet:

Life's full of choices.

OfflinePicklez
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #581700 - 08/28/11 05:36 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

I cant wait to graduate. I still have a full 2 years left, all going well. I just hope they dont cut off my financial aid, this semester is a huge make or break 6 months for me. Right now my GPA is a 2.15 after failing all my classes last semester when I got screwed up in drugs and shit. I simply cant let ANYTHING stand in the way of me getting a 3.0 this semester

OfflineI_AM_SWIM
Someone Who Isn't McKenna

#581709 - 08/28/11 05:54 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

KillerPicklez said:
I cant wait to graduate. I still have a full 2 years left, all going well. I just hope they dont cut off my financial aid, this semester is a huge make or break 6 months for me. Right now my GPA is a 2.15 after failing all my classes last semester when I got screwed up in drugs and shit. I simply cant let ANYTHING stand in the way of me getting a 3.0 this semester

When I was hard into drugs, I didn't take school seriously. I ended up skipping classes
and failed all of them since I didn't withdraw in time. I ended up starting with a 0 GPA.

Now I have a 3.1 GPA.

I think if I talked to a counselor and explain the situation on why I skipped my classes,
they may drop those grades on the transcript. You may be able to do the same.

Anyway, you can do it!

--------------------
:tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna:

OfflineI_AM_SWIM

#581716 - 08/28/11 06:03 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

sean said:

I'm aiming for a degree so I can have a job/career that I love doing.

With that career comes money that I can use to buy a house, drugs, food, video games, and
sweet top of the line ownage computers. Not to mention, I'll have money to travel to
different parts of the world, and be able to vacation in Hawai'i or Fiji like it ain't no
thang.

It's a better alternative than being stuck with a crappy 8-6 job that doesn't even pay enough for rent.

--------------------
:tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna:

OfflinePicklez
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Fellow students [Re: I_AM_SWIM]
    #581718 - 08/28/11 06:03 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Thanks man, that is exactly what happened last semester. The good ol' 0.00, which luckily only dropped me to a 2.15 meaning I was still eligible for financial aid and loans since I wasnt even put on academic probation. But I did get an email warning from FAFA saying that I must complete 67% of my attempted credits this semester or ill be cut off. Basically got to pass 3 of the 4 but that isnt even acceptable to me. I need to pass all of them

I thought I had 70 credits already and turns out I only have 48. Shitty.

OfflineI_AM_SWIM

#581743 - 08/28/11 06:59 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Time flies, you will graduate in no-time.
You could probably get A's in all four of your classes if you put your mind to it.

Also procrastination is a bitch, it's best to get thangs done ASAP, so that they are out of the way.
This helps reduce stress which can be detrimental to your overall grades.

--------------------

OfflineThebooedocksaint
Dead Dictator
 User Gallery

#581761 - 08/28/11 07:35 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

KillerPicklez said:

Yea that's what us people that fuck up a semester have to do. I feel you on that. Even though mine is a 2.8 at this point i'm pretty much in your shoes just i've gotten my gpa back up some. I've had 6 semestors, 4 recovering for my shitty first year.

--------------------

OfflineThebooedocksaint
Dead Dictator
 User Gallery

Re: Fellow students [Re: Thebooedocksaint]
    #581763 - 08/28/11 07:36 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

I feel this is one of those things that you really learn by failure like a bitch sometimes. If you're someone who cares about having a degree failing a semestor will either make you drop out or scare you straight.

At least that's how it seems to me.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Bridgetown Botanicals Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals