Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco All-in-One Grow Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8  [ show all ]
OfflineeNtranceAsexit
Bang-a-Bang-Boogie

WEED IS NOT ADDICTIVE.
    #557859 - 05/24/11 10:28 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Your habits are addictive.

You have a Limbic system... it's responsible for gathering information for forward thinking attitudes.

These things for gathering are things such as...

1: reward and pleasure
2: memory storage and re-collection
3: among other things involving your mood

so...

When you enforce actions or thoughts that reinforce behaviour that is a: "addictive" or b: "pleasurable" you are, in effect, becoming habitually attached to "said processes".

so when you say that "you can so get addicted to weed!1 look at me!1 i had(have) to quit!1 look how pathetic weed or *substitute with Meth or some kind of stimulant* can make you!1"

BURRRr... wrong.

you are reinforcing all of your shitty actions that make you feel that way... it's not ANY sort of substances fault.

i read this dictionary article someone posted...

ad·dict·ed/əˈdiktid/Adjective
1. Physically and mentally dependent on a particular substance, and unable to stop taking it

ad·dic·tion noun \ə-ˈdik-shən, a-\
: the quality or state of being addicted <addiction to reading>
: compulsive need for and use of a habit-forming substance (as heroin, nicotine, or alcohol) characterized by tolerance and by well-defined physiological symptoms upon withdrawal; broadly : persistent compulsive use of a substance

and i go "wow... they love to make one-ended stories at Webster, don't they?" because this is a more accurate description without any pushed wishy-washy nonsense.

–noun
the state of being enslaved to a habit or practice or to something that is psychologically or physically habit-forming, as narcotics, to such an extent that its cessation causes severe trauma.

hell, even that one has to mention "narcotics"

HA! i guess all those endorphins and dopamine in your body are all drugs that need to kept in check... watch out that you don't addicted to eating or exercise! :lol:

take this post how you will, i supose, but... it's bullshit. the whole ideal that you can't control what you do when you put a substance into your body, is WRONG! PERIOD.

Edited by eNtranceAsexit (05/24/11 10:40 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineNothing Is

Re: WEED IS NOT ADDICTIVE. [Re: eNtranceAsexit] * 3
    #557868 - 05/24/11 11:51 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

heroin is addictive

people suck dick for it

weed is like tv you're likely to use it but you're not sucking dick for it

OfflineeNtranceAsexit
Bang-a-Bang-Boogie

Re: WEED IS NOT ADDICTIVE. [Re: Nothing Is]
    #557874 - 05/24/11 12:15 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

explain why heroin is addictive and why someone would suck a dick for some crumbs.

explain what the crumbs do and how it is so importent for the body to maintain the levels of heroin that a "junkie" wants...

you can't, can you?

PS: the great Sun Ra is great.

Offlinenumonk

Loc: Back! From the digestive ...
Re: WEED IS NOT ADDICTIVE. [Re: eNtranceAsexit]
    #557879 - 05/24/11 01:19 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

No shit.

But you just defined marijuana to be addictive, as those who are addicted to it.

And, actually, not all habits are addictive. There are plenty of socially-analyzed data on such things.

~Monk

OfflineNothing Is

#557880 - 05/24/11 01:32 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

eNtranceAsexit said:
explain why heroin is addictive and why someone would suck a dick for some crumbs.

explain what the crumbs do and how it is so importent for the body to maintain the levels of heroin that a "junkie" wants...

you can't, can you?

whatev.. ive seen the needle and the damage done, lost friends to smack--- weed is good for you

heroin is bad

OfflineeNtranceAsexit
Bang-a-Bang-Boogie

#557881 - 05/24/11 01:35 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

awesome. quoting a song will help your logic.

heroin is bad, sure... because pain relief is bad, a necessary evil, but still horrifically bad.

pain control... pfFFT! for pussies who can't HANDLE the pain. :ooo:

OfflineSpaceMonkey
Mind Pilot
Male

Loc: Hawaiian Islands Flag
Re: WEED IS NOT ADDICTIVE. [Re: eNtranceAsexit] * 1
    #557884 - 05/24/11 02:33 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Opiate addiction is not just a craving! It literally changes your brain chemistry. And yes I suppose it is the reward center that enforces that. I can tell you from experience, not by what is in books or wikipedia! I had no craving to take opiates and actually had bad side effects that out wieghed anyting positive. I wanted to quit! My brain wouldn't let me! Why? Because my chemistry changed and my brain now needed this substance to get thru the day! I hated it! Like taking a ani depressant! After repeated and prolonged use of this stuff, your brain reacts and now depends on this substance to make the chemicals it needs to function. Try a prozac patient. Tell them to quit and see what happens! They get sick! Their brains need the stuff to function. And what is the reward in prozac?

Cannabis is not addictive in the ways I mentioned! It is not nessecary to keep smoking if you don't want too. And no ill effects. Life goes on with maybe a weak appetite and a little insomnia for a day or 2. No dependence. You can read all the pro drug bullshit you want. This what I said is truth and I lived it!!!!:shrug:

--------------------

:guns: Don't Mistake My Kindness For Weakness :guns:

OfflineTangerines
Grease Wizard
Male

Re: WEED IS NOT ADDICTIVE. [Re: SpaceMonkey]
    #557885 - 05/24/11 02:35 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Opiates- mentally and physically addictive

PAHT - mentally addictive

:shrug:

THe truth.  Anything can be mentally addictive from video games to buying clothes.

OfflineTHEBats
The Bridge Master
Male

Re: WEED IS NOT ADDICTIVE. [Re: Tangerines]
    #557899 - 05/24/11 03:29 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

It's not so much whether or not weed is addictive but how that addiction rates compared to everything else we encounter in our lives.  Weed can be very habitual but that doesn't mean for some people there isn't more going on there.

The most addictive drugs are those which have have all three factors of addiction; physical, psychological and habituation.

--------------------
kickin-two-hundo said:
you know what i did in english class? I came to class stoned out of my mind every day, i chugged vodka in the back of class, i put dead fish in the ceiling tiles. i put a gallon of old milk and orange juice in the file cabinet before winter vacation. i brought snakes in a tied up sweater and let them loose during class. i didnt go to school to learn, i went because i had to. i didnt care, and i didn't fucking listen to that stupid bitch. and i still don't fucking care. i tore the pages out of her books and burned them, and threw away all the books in the class, two books per day.  :twobooks:

OfflineTangerines
Grease Wizard
Male

Re: WEED IS NOT ADDICTIVE. [Re: THEBats]
    #557905 - 05/24/11 04:08 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Also including the factor of addictions which synergize.  Such as the needle and the dope.  Both addictions, one enabling the other.

OfflineeNtranceAsexit
Bang-a-Bang-Boogie

#557924 - 05/24/11 05:09 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

SpaceMonkey said:
Opiate addiction is not just a craving! It literally changes your brain chemistry. And yes I suppose it is the reward center that enforces that. I can tell you from experience, not by what is in books or wikipedia! I had no craving to take opiates and actually had bad side effects that out wieghed anyting positive. I wanted to quit! My brain wouldn't let me! Why? Because my chemistry changed and my brain now needed this substance to get thru the day! I hated it! Like taking a ani depressant! After repeated and prolonged use of this stuff, your brain reacts and now depends on this substance to make the chemicals it needs to function. Try a prozac patient. Tell them to quit and see what happens! They get sick! Their brains need the stuff to function. And what is the reward in prozac?

Cannabis is not addictive in the ways I mentioned! It is not necessary to keep smoking if you don't want too. And no ill effects. Life goes on with maybe a weak appetite and a little insomnia for a day or 2. No dependence. You can read all the pro drug bullshit you want. This what I said is truth and I lived it!!!!:shrug:

did you pump acumbens altering, dopamine loaded Heroin into your veins? oops. should have known that that would happen. it has a completely different addiction potential because yeah... you're flooding your reward center with nerve damaging dopaminergic drugs.

not the drugs fault. :shrug:

and don't give me pro-drugs nothing... puh-lease. this is not propaganda, it's a simple misunderstanding. prozac? the reward is doctors telling you that it'll help your head. and how? by filling your prescription and taking your daily doses, your body builds it up in itself, and since your liver processes this drug in a slow and ill-developed way, the concentrations in your body causes the influx of the drug to your 5HT receptors, causing them to developmentally alter the re-uptake of Serotonin and all of this taking more then 5 weeks to actually reach the peak amount of the drug, with which this effect is reached.

it's a horrible complicated number of actions that said person is taking to combat their "ailments".

and these actions are otherwise known as... damage.

same goes with Opiates, well... when you bang it, anyways. :shrug:

OfflineTangerines
Grease Wizard
Male

#557925 - 05/24/11 05:11 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

He never said it was the drugs fault.  What are you arguing again?

OfflineeNtranceAsexit
Bang-a-Bang-Boogie

Re: WEED IS NOT ADDICTIVE. [Re: Tangerines]
    #557929 - 05/24/11 05:14 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

he argued Opiate addiction is not just a craving...

yeah it is. that's my new argument. that there is no special "craving" drug, nor that there is a natural "Craving" for anything.

ie, you can say that, hypothetically, that shooting H is akin to giving your brain so much pleasure it doesn't even know what to do with.

that it's so influential, you can't even tell how much so and why you're going from (perhaps) trying some pill... to popping them three times a week... to shooting Heroin.

and then you're left with a monkey on your back.

Edited by eNtranceAsexit (05/24/11 06:02 PM)

OfflineKing Koopa
Natty
 User Gallery

#557949 - 05/24/11 05:57 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

I'm craving to ravage some vag tonight. And that, my friend, is as natural as you can get.:peace:

--------------------
Alcoholics Anonymous is a fellowship of men and women who share their experience, strength and hope with each other that they may solve their common problem and help others to recover from alcoholism.

The only requirement for membership is a desire to stop drinking. There are no dues or fees for A.A. membership; we are self-supporting through our own contributions. A.A. is not allied with any sect, denomination, politics, organization or institution; does not wish to engage in any controversy; neither endorses nor opposes any causes. Our primary purpose is to stay sober and help other alcoholics to achieve sobriety.

OfflineeNtranceAsexit
Bang-a-Bang-Boogie

Re: WEED IS NOT ADDICTIVE. [Re: King Koopa]
    #557951 - 05/24/11 06:00 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

well... you want to exist... so you... ya know, pain and relief with endorphins and...  ahh nevermind...

i'd retain that information, anyday!1 BWAAHAHA!1 :dizope:

nice subject change. :zappa:

OfflineSpaceMonkey
Mind Pilot
Male

#557975 - 05/24/11 07:00 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

So in essence, your comparing the damage, as you call it of cannabis to heroin?

Quote:

eNtranceAsexit said:

you can't, can you?

There is no comparison! ! Reward system my ass! It becomes part of your body chemistry. I DID NOT crave the drug morphine. I did crave to have my normal life back! I hated the DEPENDENCE of the drug. I wanted off! And when I tried, my body punished me for it! It is not a mental challenge that you can simply overcome by saying I will not take this no more. I suppose you could, but then pay the price! I did pay the price. Cold turkey!

Cannabis I have quit for many reasons at many different times and the worst I felt was insomnia. No sickness what so ever. And this mental addiction, yes you can over come this with out real ill effect.

But don't compare the 2!

Btw, I was a doctor induced addict. Yes I liked opies on and off thru life. But pain management was serious for me. I had a herniated disk in my lower back that brought me to tears on numerous occasions. Made it impossible to do my job and perform my duties as a father and husband. I went thru physical therapy, got steroid injections, infrared therapy, tens therapy, tried many many non addictive pain killers and had no luck. Doc finally sends me to pain management and he starts a regimen of opiates. Started real low since I was concerned about addiction. Unfortunately, these didn't work either. Next course of meds went a bit higher and along came a long acting one,MSContin. Addiction happened to me and I did not even enjoy it! Obviously my brain did tho!

--------------------

OfflineeNtranceAsexit
Bang-a-Bang-Boogie

#557982 - 05/24/11 07:09 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

believe me, i already have guessed. i know many people that have gotten in the same way before.

but so you know, i am NOT comparing the two together... i am maybe at the most, comparing drug use... with normalcy... and vise-versa.
i am sorry that you had that happen with your back and shit, but you know, i wasn't saying that you can over-come such a "craving" or "addiction"  with just mental fortitude. no, that argument if you think it was made was probably more an advocate for marijuana... but the argument i was making was that an addiction is done through reward and pleasure centers in your brain, and not from drugs themselves. the drugs are a catalyst for many different proportionate changes in body and brain chemistry leading to the perceived effects. you either enjoy these changes or don't... and if you do... you repeat, in most likely circumstances.

heroin might "re-wire" your body chemistry but not unlike any other way a drug will do that... all drugs that effect your dopaminergic nervous system pathways (which is... all drugs that pass through your blood-brain barrier) have the same effect on the reward centers in your brain... and if you like it, you tend to want to do whatever it is, again.

and if not, then you usually remember that you don't like it and thus won't do it again, unless of course... you tell your brain different.
then in that case, you can see that even against your will, surely you can get addicted to something you don't even like... but it's done by force... not by accident.

OfflineTHEBats
The Bridge Master
Male

#557990 - 05/24/11 07:57 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

eNtranceAsexit said:
heroin might "re-wire" your body chemistry but not unlike any other way a drug will do that... all drugs that effect your dopaminergic nervous system pathways (which is... all drugs that pass through your blood-brain barrier) have the same effect on the reward centers in your brain... and if you like it, you tend to want to do whatever it is, again.

Ummm no they really don't.

--------------------
kickin-two-hundo said:
you know what i did in english class? I came to class stoned out of my mind every day, i chugged vodka in the back of class, i put dead fish in the ceiling tiles. i put a gallon of old milk and orange juice in the file cabinet before winter vacation. i brought snakes in a tied up sweater and let them loose during class. i didnt go to school to learn, i went because i had to. i didnt care, and i didn't fucking listen to that stupid bitch. and i still don't fucking care. i tore the pages out of her books and burned them, and threw away all the books in the class, two books per day.  :twobooks:

OfflineeNtranceAsexit
Bang-a-Bang-Boogie

#557994 - 05/24/11 08:13 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Proof?

any drug that passes your blood-brain barrier has an effect on your reward pathways. they "REALLY" don't? care to have some substance to your argument, or i guess you prefer sounding twelve when you have no proof to your assertion.

or no, they really don't have the "Same" effect....ohhh... even "better". considering i was referring as the "Same effect" as "an effect" as opposed to "no effect".

oh boy, the results here are fascinating... appears addiction is quite a touchy issue, considering most people (here, i bet, even more then the usual) can't comprehend where they are even coming from with not only their drug use, but too, their compulsions to ascertain my arguments with pragmatic tangential preferences for beliefs.

awesome. now again, care to actually prove that your reward center doesn't get effected? it really doesn't matter HOW and TO WHAT REGARD they are effected, considering (for fucks sakes) that i am not talking bout heroin or what drugs do what.

i am talking about the effects on your reward center, from... ANYTHING. CANNABIS being the primer for this argument. not fucking HEROIN. HEROIN is a hard fucking topic because of the stigma attached and the fact that it is one of the more POTENT drugs around... it's not REALLY NECESSARY in this thread. but since it's INSISTED, i concur that... this thread is still on track. :crazy:

Edited by eNtranceAsexit (05/24/11 08:20 PM)

OfflineNothing Is

#557998 - 05/24/11 08:30 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

i'm gonna say it again because it's the one point that settles it

people don't suck dick for weed

the end

lock this thread please the discussion is over

OfflineeNtranceAsexit
Bang-a-Bang-Boogie

#557999 - 05/24/11 08:49 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

you, id. this thread isn't about heroin... doofus, listen up... leave. this is discussion about the rewards centers of your brain... you know... it's why you like sex... and food... and hobby's, so show a little bit more respect for the topic at hand, and STFU about your silly heroin topic. heroin is bad... I GET IT. :yesnod:

OfflineTHEBats
The Bridge Master
Male

#558000 - 05/24/11 08:51 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

eNtranceAsexit said:
Proof?

any drug that passes your blood-brain barrier has an effect on your reward pathways. they "REALLY" don't? care to have some substance to your argument, or i guess you prefer sounding twelve when you have no proof to your assertion.

or no, they really don't have the "Same" effect....ohhh... even "better". considering i was referring as the "Same effect" as "an effect" as opposed to "no effect".

oh boy, the results here are fascinating... appears addiction is quite a touchy issue, considering most people (here, i bet, even more then the usual) can't comprehend where they are even coming from with not only their drug use, but too, their compulsions to ascertain my arguments with pragmatic tangential preferences for beliefs.

awesome. now again, care to actually prove that your reward center doesn't get effected? it really doesn't matter HOW and TO WHAT REGARD they are effected, considering (for fucks sakes) that i am not talking bout heroin or what drugs do what.

i am talking about the effects on your reward center, from... ANYTHING. CANNABIS being the primer for this argument. not fucking HEROIN. HEROIN is a hard fucking topic because of the stigma attached and the fact that it is one of the more POTENT drugs around... it's not REALLY NECESSARY in this thread. but since it's INSISTED, i concur that... this thread is still on track. :crazy:

If you had the slightest idea about drug pharmacology you would understand how your assertion of drug interactions all being the same is false, regardless of the area of the brain they interact with. 

You seem to be the one ranting and your attempt at insults make you seen prepubescent cognitively.  Also the burden of proof is bestowed upon those who make such claims.  You don't go up to someone and say you can fly then ask them to prove you can't.  Prove you can.

--------------------
kickin-two-hundo said:

Edited by THEBats (05/24/11 08:54 PM)

OfflineeNtranceAsexit
Bang-a-Bang-Boogie

#558004 - 05/24/11 09:06 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

i didn't say that all drug interactions were the same... wtf? WHERE? where do i say that?

:rolleyes:

and god here, proof, you shit.

"InputMajor inputs to the nucleus accumbens include prefrontal association cortices, basolateral amygdala, and dopaminergic neurons located in the ventral tegmental area (VTA), which connect via the mesolimbic pathway. Thus the nucleus accumbens is often described as one part of a cortico-striato-thalamo-cortical loop.

Dopaminergic input from the VTA is thought to modulate the activity of neurons within the nucleus accumbens. These terminals are also the site of action of highly-addictive drugs such as cocaine and amphetamine, which cause a manifold increase in dopamine levels in the nucleus accumbens. In addition to cocaine and amphetamine, almost every recreational drug has been shown to increase dopamine levels in the nucleus accumbens"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nucleus_accumbens

now you're going to tell me, that "wiki can't be trusted!! I HEARD THAT!1"

:rolleyes:

and i didn't insult you. i insulted your pathetic attempt to discredit me... and look, you still are... and no proof.

typical... a thread that isn't about mundane vagrancy and it attracts the know it alls and the abridged. :lol:

can't have serious discussion here.. :rolleyes:

here, let me rate your post some more... more ignorant opinionated wastoids need to make their appearance.

like that one? wastoids.

i do. i think it describes the kind of lackey you are going to find in this thread. no one has said shit according to the topic... it's too sticky for the growery, i guess? :shrug:

thanks for trying for having a conversation, though, spacemonkey and tangerines. thanks for asking questions.

Edited by eNtranceAsexit (05/24/11 09:16 PM)

OfflineTHEBats
The Bridge Master
Male

#558006 - 05/24/11 09:15 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

eNtranceAsexit said:
have the same effect on the reward centers in your brain

Seems you have some reading comprehension issues.  Where did I make the argument drugs passing through the blood-brain barrier don't interact with the reward pathway?  I argued that their interactions are not the same. :rolleyes:

I agree, it can be difficult to have any serious conversation when you won't even properly read and interpret the responses.

--------------------
kickin-two-hundo said:

Edited by THEBats (05/24/11 09:16 PM)

OfflineeNtranceAsexit
Bang-a-Bang-Boogie

#558007 - 05/24/11 09:19 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

THEBats said:
Quote:

eNtranceAsexit said:

Seems you have some reading comprehension issues.  Where did I make the argument drugs passing through the blood-brain barrier don't interact with the reward pathway?  I argued that their interactions are not the same. :rolleyes:

and you need read again and again... i never said that the interactions were the same... you did... i said that... "in your brain... there is a thing called a reward center... when your brain's BBB (or blood-brain barrier for the 5th fucking time i have to say that phrase) has a bioavailable substance pass through it... it effects your reward and pleasure centers."

I NEVER SAID HOW.... GO AND READ AND PROVE THAT I EVEN MENTIONED HOW DRUG INTERACT INDEPENDANTLY.

GO AND READ IT AND TELL ME. :yesnod:

Quote:

I agree, it can be difficult to have any serious conversation when you won't even properly read and interpret the responses.

i like to be a smart-ass too... but i have a goddamn clue about who said what. unlike some people... :rolleyes: still waiting for you to show me where i generalize that all drugs have the same interactions with your brains reward center. i said, using WORDS, that the effect is the same as in "ALL DRUGS HAVE AN EFFECT" NOT AS IN "ALL DRUGS HAVE THE SAME EFFECT AS ONE ANOTHER" NO I SAID, "ALL DRUGS WILL HAVE AN EFFECT AND THERE ISN'T A DRUG THAT DOESN'T.

GO FUCK-A-DUCK, if you want be a semantic prick.

OfflineTHEBats
The Bridge Master
Male

#558008 - 05/24/11 09:23 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

You said that all drugs affect the reward pathway in the same way, which they don't.  I don't know what to tell you if you don't understand that. :shrug:

Quote:

eNtranceAsexit said:
i said, using WORDS, that the effect is the same as in "ALL DRUGS HAVE AN EFFECT" NOT AS IN "ALL DRUGS HAVE THE SAME EFFECT AS ONE ANOTHER" NO I SAID, "ALL DRUGS WILL HAVE AN EFFECT AND THERE ISN'T A DRUG THAT DOESN'T.

Perhaps you should say what you mean.  If you meant to say that all drugs affect the reward pathway then you shouldn't go on to say they have the same effect on the reward pathway.

Edited by THEBats (05/25/11 08:40 AM)

OfflineeNtranceAsexit
Bang-a-Bang-Boogie

#558009 - 05/24/11 09:27 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

i didn't say that thoughn, troll fool.

i didn't say that.... just like i said what i am saying now...
omg you a faerknwigujnrwpoihy;]

you idiot... i wasn't talking to you... in the first place... if you can't read the post of WHO i was talking to and THEN my post to see the correlation between someone saying that all the drugs have the same effect in your brain as in it will effect it, and not the saying of all drugs will effect your brain the same way.

READ THESE WORDS...

my post to see the correlation between someone saying that all the drugs have the same effect in your brain, as in it will certainly effect it, and not the saying of all drugs will effect your brain the same way.

ohhhhh.......! reading comprehension... oohhh121111...ge;kjfbiwuagfvjawkguvfbwa

OfflineTHEBats
The Bridge Master
Male

#558010 - 05/24/11 09:29 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

eNtranceAsexit said:
all drugs that effect your dopaminergic nervous system pathways (which is... all drugs that pass through your blood-brain barrier) have the same effect on the reward centers in your brain... and if you like it, you tend to want to do whatever it is, again.

--------------------
kickin-two-hundo said:

OfflineeNtranceAsexit
Bang-a-Bang-Boogie

#558011 - 05/24/11 09:30 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

THEBats said:

Perhaps you should say what you mean.  If you meant to say that all drugs affect the reward pathway then you shouldn't go on to say they have the same effect on the reward pathway.

perhaps you should just assume the role of arguing with somebody for no reason. i meant what i said, you just didn't read my post in the context it was written... NOT for you specifically.

Goddamn. i like a good shit show but that was getting ridiculous
Quote:

THEBats said:
Quote:

eNtranceAsexit said:
all drugs that effect your dopaminergic nervous system pathways (which is... all drugs that pass through your blood-brain barrier) have the same effect on the reward centers in your brain... and if you like it, you tend to want to do whatever it is, again.

how good of you to avoid the context... here hold on sec :yesnod:

OfflineeNtranceAsexit
Bang-a-Bang-Boogie

#558013 - 05/24/11 09:36 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

eNtranceAsexit said:

here ya go, friend... context. i was explaining that anything that crosses your dopaminergic pathways... which can mainly be comprised of drugs... WILL HAVE AN EFFECT. AN EFFECT = being the same effect as having an effect as opposed to having no effect.

pragmatism doesn't sit well with me... it makes people look like know it alls. but oh well, you wanted prove... here ya go... if you still can't grasp the words i was using then i'll simplify it...

the effect that is the same, is the FACT that the effect is there as opposed to not... AND NOT THE EFFECT OF THE DRUG.

i am talking about anything ... not just recreational drugs... no, that subject just fills a large hole... maybe that generalization is confusing?

Edited by eNtranceAsexit (05/24/11 09:41 PM)

InvisibleBlueBerry_SwisherS
Heart Slowed

Loc: Raw Headspace Flag
    #558014 - 05/24/11 09:39 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

I know people who would go as far as sexual favors for weed.:shrug:

--------------------

Let food be thy medicine

OfflineeNtranceAsexit
Bang-a-Bang-Boogie

Re: WEED IS NOT ADDICTIVE. [Re: BlueBerry_Swisher]
    #558018 - 05/24/11 09:48 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

A7X said:
I know people who would go as far as sexual favors for weed.:shrug:

:yesnod:

not condoning the effectiveness of the habit forming reward centers of your brain... but, there ya go... if you can suck dick for weed... proof that you can suck dick for almost anything...

what was the argument about again? :shrug:

OfflineTHEBats
The Bridge Master
Male

#558019 - 05/24/11 09:49 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

eNtranceAsexit said:
Quote:

eNtranceAsexit said:

here ya go, friend... context. i was explaining that anything that crosses your dopaminergic pathways... which can mainly be comprised of drugs... WILL HAVE AN EFFECT. AN EFFECT = being the same effect as having an effect as opposed to having no effect.

pragmatism doesn't sit well with me... it makes people look like know it alls. but oh well, you wanted prove... here ya go... if you still can't grasp the words i was using then i'll simplify it...

the effect that is the same, is the FACT that the effect is there as opposed to not... AND NOT THE EFFECT OF THE DRUG.

i am talking about anything ... not just recreational drugs... no, that subject just fills a large hole... maybe that generalization is confusing?

If you give the context after the fact then you can't blame anyone but yourself for misinterpreting what you mean.

--------------------
kickin-two-hundo said:

Heart Slowed

#558020 - 05/24/11 09:54 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

This thread just gave me inspiration.

--------------------

Let food be thy medicine

OfflineeNtranceAsexit
Bang-a-Bang-Boogie

#558021 - 05/24/11 09:55 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

THEBats said:
Quote:

eNtranceAsexit said:
Quote:

eNtranceAsexit said:

If you give the context after the fact then you can't blame anyone but yourself for misinterpreting what you mean.

i didn't blame you? you suggested it... not me.

so this a public forum where the context doesn't always apply the last person who posted? who would have guessed, right? :rolleyes:

consider that i wasn't even talking to you... and you didn't see the subtext of what i was saying to a complete random stranger to you. and you being a stranger yourself, to me, of course i'd only give you context out of turn... and this isn't even about words... this is about how i said one thing and you took it out context and then bashed me for nothing... i called you a tard, and told you the context of the circumstances around me SAYING WHAT I SAID AND WHY, and you continued to blather on and on about what i HAD said and not what i was telling you i meant... which you now understand and you just wannna just troll me to death mmm? don't you? :trolldance:
lose much?

OfflineeNtranceAsexit
Bang-a-Bang-Boogie

#558022 - 05/24/11 10:01 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

for the record... for any dumbass who thinks this is about drug use in general.

i am not condoning drug use.
read the thread.
man, i am going to get alot of flak for speaking my mind aren't i? (figures :tongue:)
the thread is about how anything can cause an addiction, if anything. you guys turned it into heroin and semantics, but it's just what i could expect from a bunch of hive-minded hippies. nawww.... just kidding... i just think you all took this thread the wrong way. i never said that drugs didn't cause addictions... and that's how some of you took it. read the thread again, if you want the proof.. it's in the pudding.

never uttered the words once... :facepalm:

and again, painful thanks to tangerines and spacemonkey and... wait there was one more... i didn't even reply to =(

Quote:

numonk said:
No shit.

But you just defined marijuana to be addictive, as those who are addicted to it.

And, actually, not all habits are addictive. There are plenty of socially-analyzed data on such things.

~Monk

my thread title? it was a play on words, and it was satire. :yesnod:

oh yeah, and also... i know that not all habits are addictive, but all habits are habitual. right?

and thanks bats for participating, but a semantic argument about what drugs do in the brain? i already know this... you don't need to tell me. i know that all drugs do different things, i've read substantially on all the drugs i've tried and their relatives. it was a semantic argument, and totally frivolous.

Edited by eNtranceAsexit (05/24/11 10:22 PM)

OfflineTHEBats
The Bridge Master
Male

#558023 - 05/24/11 10:05 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

:ilold:

--------------------
kickin-two-hundo said:

OfflineeNtranceAsexit
Bang-a-Bang-Boogie

#558024 - 05/24/11 10:08 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

THEBats said:

not funny, you bandwagon of shitstained creases. much disdain you've caused me!1 i've got bad ratings now. +(

OfflineTHEBats
The Bridge Master
Male

#558026 - 05/24/11 10:23 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Losing never felt so good. :winning1:

--------------------
kickin-two-hundo said:

OfflineeNtranceAsexit
Bang-a-Bang-Boogie

#558027 - 05/24/11 10:26 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

i seriously hate you now... no... no no no, you must die... *reward center activated - ego self-preservation alert* die evil fucking prick, dieeeee :borg:

Invisibleniteowl
GrandPaw
Male User Gallery

#558030 - 05/24/11 10:39 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

eNtranceAsexit said:
Quote:

THEBats said:

not funny, you bandwagon of shitstained creases. much disdain you've caused me!1 i've got bad ratings now. +(

When you come here and claim that ....

Quote:

eNtranceAsexit said:
so when you say that "you can so get addicted to weed!1 look at me!1 i had(have) to quit!1 look how pathetic weed or *substitute with Meth or some kind of stimulant* can make you!1"

BURRRr... wrong.

..... then I'm gonna call you a fucktard for it.

--------------------
The Ego is a pathological condition
like a calcareous tumor or cyst
that begins growing in the personality
in the absence of hallucinogenic substances
-Terence McKenna-

OfflineeNtranceAsexit
Bang-a-Bang-Boogie

#558032 - 05/24/11 10:44 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

i just wanna say that i didn't mean to call you out on anything, Spacemonkey, i didn't mean for this to become about drug abuse in partcular, only that drugs are but one motivating factor in one's reward and pleasure and that there are many different things that have the same effect as that of a stimulus for said reward center, ie drugs, or sex or even food... as our more basic motivating trait.

this thread was about a comparison of THOSE things and also "habits" with drugs and how they are all motivating factors that are DEVELOPED, and not simply attained by accident, or even through evolution... well... except food... all but food.

food is pretty much key. no shit, though, anyway... sorry for callin' you out.

Edited by eNtranceAsexit (05/24/11 10:49 PM)

OfflineeNtranceAsexit
Bang-a-Bang-Boogie

Re: WEED IS NOT ADDICTIVE. [Re: niteowl]
    #558034 - 05/24/11 10:47 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

niteowl said:
Quote:

eNtranceAsexit said:
Quote:

THEBats said:

When you come here and claim that ....

Quote:

eNtranceAsexit said:

BURRRr... wrong.

..... then I'm gonna call you a fucktard for it.

oh jeez. that's your retort? :smile: way to go!1

should i actually have an argument for this guy? this older, bearded guy.... SURE

first off, the correlation of Meth and weed was a joke and again satire... secondly... you are smoking the drugs under your own free will and thusly it's not METH or WEED being the precursor to your habit forming blight, it's your own free will and your spent & much lacking time conception.

end of argument. retort?

(and sorry for the old man thing, but you personalized my argument when you decided to straw up this thread even more.)

Invisibleniteowl
GrandPaw
Male User Gallery

#558036 - 05/24/11 10:55 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

So you come here and make a claim that you KNOW to be wrong
then get your panties all wadded up when we call you out on it

Yea, I was right .. you are a fucktard :facepalm:

--------------------
-Terence McKenna-

OfflineeNtranceAsexit
Bang-a-Bang-Boogie

#558038 - 05/24/11 10:59 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

and how the fuck did you come to that conclusion? no one called me on anything in that reference. :wtf: only numonk questioned it at all... like i said it was a joke... and mostly everyone talked about my subject in the first half the beginning page.

:shrug: did you even read the thread?

senility is a bitch...

Invisibleniteowl
GrandPaw
Male User Gallery

#558055 - 05/25/11 12:04 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Yea, Fucktard, I read the thread, and you never made any hint at being 'funny/satirical' in your OP

Hence the reason for my 0 rating

--------------------
-Terence McKenna-

Heart Slowed

#558056 - 05/25/11 12:06 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

eNtranceAsexit said:

senility is a bitch...

I just saw the end of this post lol :lol:

--------------------

Let food be thy medicine

OfflineeNtranceAsexit
Bang-a-Bang-Boogie

#558061 - 05/25/11 12:37 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

niteowl said:
Yea, Fucktard, I read the thread, and you never made any hint at being 'funny/satirical' in your OP

Hence the reason for my 0 rating

oh, shit... it was bad joke!1 damn, i guess i'm not cut out to be a comedian! :lol:

OfflineNobodyImportant
Science Is Subculture
Male User Gallery

Loc: Jawjuh.
    #558064 - 05/25/11 01:07 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

:feelsbadman:

--------------------
:bonghit:
Glass By: US Tubes, ZOB, Roor.de, Sheldon Black, Jerome Baker, Medicali, Kennaroo, Sand, Alex K, Local and Unknown Artists

OfflineeNtranceAsexit
Bang-a-Bang-Boogie

Re: WEED IS NOT ADDICTIVE. [Re: NobodyImportant]
    #558066 - 05/25/11 01:24 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

NobodyImportant said:
:feelsbadman:

heh... tell me about it, eh?

OfflineKing Koopa
Natty
 User Gallery

#558068 - 05/25/11 01:58 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

A7X said:

To suck dick for weed?

--------------------
Alcoholics Anonymous is a fellowship of men and women who share their experience, strength and hope with each other that they may solve their common problem and help others to recover from alcoholism.

The only requirement for membership is a desire to stop drinking. There are no dues or fees for A.A. membership; we are self-supporting through our own contributions. A.A. is not allied with any sect, denomination, politics, organization or institution; does not wish to engage in any controversy; neither endorses nor opposes any causes. Our primary purpose is to stay sober and help other alcoholics to achieve sobriety.

OfflineeNtranceAsexit
Bang-a-Bang-Boogie

#558069 - 05/25/11 02:03 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

King Koopa said:
Quote:

A7X said:

To suck dick for weed?

:tomatoface: pffftt ahaahahahahaa

:zappa: it's cause i ravaged bats psyche with incomparable zen logic and prevailed!

OfflineKing Koopa
Natty
 User Gallery

#558076 - 05/25/11 02:41 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Weed is addictive, you said it yourself.

It masturbates your "pleasure zones" of your brain making you feelsgoodman. Anything that feelsgoodman can be very habit forming if it's appreciated by the recipient; if this substance or what have you easy to come by and it's cost/reward ratio is accepted by the recipient, it could lead to addictive behavior.

problem?

--------------------

OfflineeNtranceAsexit
Bang-a-Bang-Boogie

#558080 - 05/25/11 02:51 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

yep weed can be addictive. weed can also NOT be addictive, so wanna fight about it? :Trollface:

OfflineKing Koopa
Natty
 User Gallery

#558087 - 05/25/11 03:24 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

I also believe we are genetically pre-disposed to chasing the dragon. We need that buzz. That reward. If not wheres the will to live? Seriously, everything an individual needs to help perpetuate the human existence has that part of your brain flaring. From food, to sex, it even feels good to teach a child to walk, to talk, EXERCISING!!! The other buzzes you don't need but the need for the buzz is concrete.

Substances like marijuana cannot be compared to things like meth or crack. Heroin has a whole host of interactions with our brains, what spacemonkey was saying it actually "re-wires" the brain in ways better explained by a neuroscientist. But the jist is that, if you're on that drug for a long period of time, your brain will try to attain normality while under that drugs influence. So when you the substance is not taken, your brains is trying to make sense of it all and balance itself out while flushing the drugs out. Very shitty feelings. So yes certain substance have addictive properties pertaining to the reward center of the brain, but you can't exclude the other interactions happening up there, especially if your body won't let you.

--------------------

OfflineeNtranceAsexit
Bang-a-Bang-Boogie

#558091 - 05/25/11 03:44 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

well then, good job, my main man. :congrats: cangradulations!1  :hillbilly:

can't really argue with that. but still i gotta say heroin and meth are pretty extraneous substances to be dealing with, so maybe somewhat a bigger issue.

but i will say though, the drive for life thing... now that's sound but... i don't know if i agree with ya. :tongue2:

i mean, because it's pleasurable, it's good... that's hedonism, isn't it? hmmm? perhaps more can come of this disscussion, afterall? :evil:

anyways... i don't think that heroin is... anything at all to be considered an "un-addictive" substance, and if i ever implied it, I AM SORRY. i don't believe it is "un-addictive" but i do say that we "do stupid things" and sometimes those things feel... good. now what pushes that motive?

OfflineKing Koopa
Natty
 User Gallery

#558093 - 05/25/11 03:54 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Yes. The will to live. Pleasures?

Maybe that could explain suicide. A person that's almost to extremely are getting their fix of "pleasure" Like even if you're sad, somethings going in your life for a while, shit sucks but a healthy minded person would not want to kill themselves. They are willing to live to get over that slump to get that good feeling back.

A higly depressed, unhealthy minded individual gets a pass from me. Want's the point of waking up everyday feeling like god took a shit on you? Hope is far fetched to this person. Happiness is a fairy tell. Life has never been fulfilling. For this person, losing life would be a pleasurable experience.

--------------------

OfflineKing Koopa
Natty
 User Gallery

#558094 - 05/25/11 03:55 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

I'm just throwing shit out there.

--------------------

OfflineeNtranceAsexit
Bang-a-Bang-Boogie

#558096 - 05/25/11 03:59 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

i thought the will to live was the will to power? :P i mean it's a good answer to why suicidal people might have their anguish and it certainly calls into question, the ability to thrive, and whether it is insurmountable.

well, i don't know if i agree compltely though... will to power; it's pretty thin...

yes, i am talking like danny glover...

thin... :lol:

OfflineKing Koopa
Natty
 User Gallery

#558097 - 05/25/11 04:02 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

:grin:

I think I AM SWIM might have been on to something.:awesome:

What is this will to power?

--------------------

OfflineeNtranceAsexit
Bang-a-Bang-Boogie

#558099 - 05/25/11 04:12 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

doin and thangs... but usually the doin' involves eating people... raw...

no no no, :grin: the will to power is the philosophy that man's inward goal for life is to find achievement, not only pleasure of the senses, to attain whatever you will, truth, bliss, ect...:thumbup: in essence, and to it's lowest common denominator, for the ability to thrive, TO BE an ambition or goal.

but this... is horribly misconstrued in most people's logic, and debased as a valueless rhyme. as most people don't see the logic in such things question the logic and/or morals of man.

also, nihilism has a good conjugation with the ideal of mis-understanding inherent meaning.

Edited by eNtranceAsexit (05/25/11 04:26 AM)

OfflineeNtranceAsexit
Bang-a-Bang-Boogie

#558101 - 05/25/11 04:59 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

is mellowparty here? it's too bad he isn't.

"So according to you the sleeping pattern disturbances, the metabolic perturbations and lack of appetite are just in my head?" i don't care, this thread is pretty well... meh... but i just gotta say, if you see this... YEAH.

YEAH it's pretty much all in your head... it's not SIMPLY because it's physically addictive (if there REALLY is such a thing, like not having the drug will kill you instead of say your heart giving out from too much abuse of alcohol/caffeine/speed/heroin...) it's because those effects are the price you pay for doing the drug and so much the amount you do.

it's mentally addictive to some people, and it's again... because of your want to take drugs to supplement your natural body. which is your own choice... again, no one is holding a gun to anyone's head nor is your brain making you take drugs, nor does the drug have magical powers.

and if you'd argue that it's physically addictive then... ok... everyone has a limit to what they can possess as "alien" substance, in their body. it's that simple.

goodnight.

Heart Slowed

#558118 - 05/25/11 08:01 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

King Koopa said:
I love to suck dick for weed!

--------------------

Let food be thy medicine

OfflineTHEBats
The Bridge Master
Male

#558127 - 05/25/11 08:22 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

--------------------
kickin-two-hundo said:

InvisibleHendershot
Shapeshifter
Male User Gallery

#558131 - 05/25/11 08:38 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

I just wasted 13.6 minutes reading this fucked up stupid ass piece of shit thread....and I still don't know what the original point was supposed to be.

--------------------

"You're cool, you're cool, fuck you, I'm out.."

OfflineeNtranceAsexit
Bang-a-Bang-Boogie

#558135 - 05/25/11 09:19 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

THEBats said:
Quote:

eNtranceAsexit said:

and i agreed with you btw but you're dumbass thought i was even questioning you... when i wasn't... fucking moron.. too many WORDS I CAN'T TAKE IT!

and oh noes!~ i wasted time reading a thread...

WOW, time IS A WASTIN'!

Heart Slowed

Re: WEED IS NOT ADDICTIVE. [Re: Hendershot]
    #558136 - 05/25/11 09:20 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Hendershot said:
I just wasted 13.6 minutes reading this fucked up stupid ass piece of shit thread....and I still don't know what the original point was supposed to be.

Then start a better one yourself. No one asked you to read the whole thing.

--------------------

Let food be thy medicine

OfflineTank333
Psychotic Hippie
Male User Gallery

Loc: Washington
    #558142 - 05/25/11 09:33 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Let me get this straight, Entranceasexit... you're saying that addiction to anything, whether a drug or activity, is a psychosematic effect that can be controlled with proper will-power? Because this is a whole lot of talk just to make that one assertion...

--------------------
My best run so far

OfflineTank333
Psychotic Hippie
Male User Gallery

#558143 - 05/25/11 09:34 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Hendershot said:

Don't be too mad... I'm in the same boat, bro! Lmao

--------------------
My best run so far

OfflineTHEBats
The Bridge Master
Male

#558144 - 05/25/11 09:35 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

eNtranceAsexit said:
Quote:

THEBats said:
Quote:

eNtranceAsexit said:

and i agreed with you btw but you're dumbass thought i was even questioning you... when i wasn't... fucking moron.. too many WORDS I CAN'T TAKE IT!

WOW, time IS A WASTIN'!

:ilold:  You just can't let this go can you.  Time is a wastin' and it's yours.

I hope you're just frustrated and don't use that kind of grammar out in the real world.

Edited by THEBats (05/25/11 09:40 AM)

InvisibleHendershot
Shapeshifter
Male User Gallery

#558145 - 05/25/11 09:46 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

A7X said:
Quote:

Hendershot said:

Then start a better one yourself. No one asked you to read the whole thing.

Well I wasn't going to pass judgement without reading the whole thing to determine if I was just being obtuse. I wasn't. The person putting forth the assertion, hypothesis, or whatever it was, should be clear and concise. His dissertation seemed more like a rant- unclear, disjointed and chaotic. And then got butthurt when everyone misinterpreted..

So yeah , I will start a better thread. It'll be in the Dome. It'll be about yo momma. Seriously, I'm taking on all comers...

--------------------

Heart Slowed

#558146 - 05/25/11 09:47 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Well I cant see it then :sad:

--------------------

Let food be thy medicine

OfflineTHEBats
The Bridge Master
Male

#558148 - 05/25/11 09:52 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

You will in time.  :randy:

--------------------
kickin-two-hundo said:

OfflineeNtranceAsexit
Bang-a-Bang-Boogie

#558150 - 05/25/11 09:58 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

i got butthurt. i was having a merry good time... :shrug: maybe you're just passing gas?

"it seems like you were the one passing gas" - ok there

"you got butthurt!" - sure when THEbats had some kind of terminator complex, where i couldn't talk logically enough for him, or something.

"oh shut the fuck up" -

unless THEbats wants to explain how he can't understand a simple semantic argument, and wanted to prove in so many words, that he has one-uped me insome form of "logic" that he thought i wasn't getting... which i explained about already...

well... this is thread is over... i'll consider this a funny thread for the books, but no more posts please... you'll all be dumb faggots that have nothing to say and jsut complain and pass judgement... you weren't even here... so please... fuck off. uh bumbling marfnurdberr, whatever shud up... this is good enough for you? it's how i am am fucking talking to your dumb fucking avatar in my fucking head.

you dumb shit... leave my thread!
Quote:

THEBats said:
You will in time.  :randy:

this is good... as least you aren't just arguing for no reason. :shrug: i like snarky remarks, instead.

ha

OfflineeNtranceAsexit
Bang-a-Bang-Boogie

#558152 - 05/25/11 10:01 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

hey, everyone... i am entranceasexit, and iz done blazed for almost 8 years and in case you couldn't tell... i am vocal, and i swear alot.  :mypleasure:

OfflineDungenessDank
Lord of the Flies

Loc: PNW
    #558156 - 05/25/11 10:22 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Nigga you type so fucked up I can't even understand what you sayin half the timez.

OfflineeNtranceAsexit
Bang-a-Bang-Boogie

Re: WEED IS NOT ADDICTIVE. [Re: DungenessDank]
    #558157 - 05/25/11 10:24 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

i leave a lot of elipses... ahaha, someone on the shroomery told me that, and i get it... i know what he is talking about.

but my thoughts; they just come like this... what am i gonna do? censor my thoughts?

OfflineDungenessDank
Lord of the Flies

#558158 - 05/25/11 10:31 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

No sir, just understand sometimes people will have no idea where you are coming from.

OfflineeNtranceAsexit
Bang-a-Bang-Boogie

#558162 - 05/25/11 10:42 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

that's awesome. i will whittle down their logical whimsy then, until i get to the base affection.

i fancy that, really. :omfg:

OfflineSpaceMonkey
Mind Pilot
Male

#558164 - 05/25/11 10:53 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

So this thread needs to cool down! Let's get this on track and keep the debate civil!  Anymore flaming or trolling will not be tolerated!

Thank You!

--------------------

Offlinesmurf_master
Master Smurf

Loc: Everywhere Flag
    #558180 - 05/25/11 11:48 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

You can get mentally addicted to anything.

OfflineeNtranceAsexit
Bang-a-Bang-Boogie

#558181 - 05/25/11 11:50 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

very straight forward and to the point, good job.

now that this board has had an active day... i must admit... i was being a bit of a jerk... i already apologized to you space money-- erm monkey... but now i must apologize to my other shroomery brothers.
sorry niteowl... i didn't mean to call you and old grey cocksucker... or did i just think that? anyway... i really didn't mean old and grey i meant slightly peeled shiny, ill-rebuked, experienced dude who thought to shine the light, on the sordid affairs of getting addicted to drugs!

and also... i need to apologize to THEbats... i should have just... seceded to our argument... as i can see where the confusion came from... it was a semantic revelation... oh pity me. :crazy:

sorry everyone!

Quote:

smurf_master said:

Heart Slowed

Re: WEED IS NOT ADDICTIVE. [Re: smurf_master]
    #558185 - 05/25/11 12:19 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

smurf_master said:

QFT

--------------------

Let food be thy medicine

OfflineKing Koopa
Natty
 User Gallery

#558206 - 05/25/11 01:08 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Why did this thread fall back into the dumps? :mad:

--------------------

OfflineeNtranceAsexit
Bang-a-Bang-Boogie

#558209 - 05/25/11 01:10 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

everyone takes things all personal because they don't like their personal reflections being disturbed? :ooo: a new disscussion?

OfflineBig_tiggy
Male

Loc: Neither here nor there
    #558264 - 05/25/11 04:11 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

I know these poppy's are fucking addictive, its been a half an hour and I'm FALLING in love... again

OfflineSpaceMonkey
Mind Pilot
Male

#558282 - 05/25/11 05:46 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

eNtranceAsexit said:
everyone takes things all personal because they don't like their personal reflections being disturbed? :ooo: a new disscussion?

Seriously brah?!?!?!

--------------------

OfflineeNtranceAsexit
Bang-a-Bang-Boogie

#558292 - 05/25/11 06:05 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

you are imagining still that i was some sort of blithering idiot... becasue of words, mind you... :smirk:

InvisibleDataM
That Guy
Male

Loc: Southwestern US Flag
    #558297 - 05/25/11 06:11 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

I wanna contribute but im afraid eNtranceAsexit or someone else will freak out on me and call me names or something :eek: Hostile environments like this usually do not attract people who actually want to talk civilly about a topic. Just because someone misinterprets a post doesn't mean we have to crack mean jokes (which are usually seen as attacks due to the lack of dimension in text). Also just because someone else wants to make a mean remark does not mean that the other person should reply with a mean remark...if they are being mean then just try to take a deep breath and reply with civility, or if you really get fed up with it then just stop posting or contact a moderator to take care of the offender...most people on the growery follow said protocol and it usually results in a peaceful, chill environment where people can exchange ideas and better themselves in the process...when people do not follow these protocols, it leads to a hostile, negative environment that most intelligent people will begin to avoid. I for one came to this forum because of its chill environment and I feel like I am free to speak my mind, and when I feel that this is no longer the case I will pack my bags and move to another forum. Let's all try our best to get along, please? :2cents:

peace,
agmotes165

--------------------
“The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you” -NDT

OfflineeNtranceAsexit
Bang-a-Bang-Boogie

Re: WEED IS NOT ADDICTIVE. [Re: Data]
    #558301 - 05/25/11 06:16 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

oh no, words are attacking my calm sensimibility! ARGH!1 lets all remain peaceful, civil and CALM , move along, nothing to see here!1

move along, people!1

OfflineKing Koopa
Natty
 User Gallery

#558304 - 05/25/11 06:27 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Hey hey, maybe we don't get our feelings bothered when users feel the need to burn, but I sympathize with people who rather not enter a supposedly intelligent conversation where bombs are being thrown back and forth. That type of nonsense is not needed in a discussion about addiction.

It's all fun and games until someone gets ridiculed for speaking their mind

--------------------

InvisibleDataM
That Guy
Male

#558307 - 05/25/11 06:28 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

wtf ever dude...i tried...moving on to the next thread now :pipesmoke:

hope you find peace of mind one day, kind sir...
agmotes165

--------------------

OfflineeNtranceAsexit
Bang-a-Bang-Boogie

#558311 - 05/25/11 06:42 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

agmotes165 said:
wtf ever dude...i tried...moving on to the next thread now :pipesmoke:

hope you find peace of mind one day, kind sir...
agmotes165

you tried, what? :wtf:

wtf ever dude.

OfflineKaptKid
Spaced Pirate
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bright Side of the Sun
    #558314 - 05/25/11 06:46 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

This thread needs some chill Time.

--------------------
Child of the 60's, Tripping ever sence.

OfflineeNtranceAsexit
Bang-a-Bang-Boogie

#558315 - 05/25/11 06:47 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

King Koopa said:
Hey hey, maybe we don't get our feelings bothered when users feel the need to burn, but I sympathize with people who rather not enter a supposedly intelligent conversation where bombs are being thrown back and forth. That type of nonsense is not needed in a discussion about addiction.

It's all fun and games until someone gets ridiculed for speaking their mind

no one was even understanding the argument as it was presented... i has to explain several times that the argument wasn't even about HEROIN to begin with, that's just what everyone chose to represent at first... then when itstarted getting to the topic about reward system structure, everything went shitty cause a semantic and circular argument... it was un-intentionally funny... the dude even said that it was no skin off his back.

what some of you people are reading are loads of opinions with no cache. well, at least half othis thread... but the rest was good, so whatever... some people like boring threads... and see flaming when there is none.

lol, id like to see an instance of actual flaming before, oh, the guy said my thread should be done with because heroin wins as slave drug of the universe end of story... and the opinion followed...

InvisibleDataM
That Guy
Male

#558318 - 05/25/11 06:52 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

what is your problem man? Why all the negativity? Why can't you be professional and courteous, so what if someone talked some shit earlier on in the thread, why do you continue to flame everyone who posts here? Being mean to people who haven't done anything wrong is called being a bully, and you sir need to take a chill pill. I didn't say anything mean to you, or insult you, all I was doing was suggesting that everyone (not just you) should be a little more courteous when engaging in an intelligent conversation. Do you think the geniuses that came before us called one another shitsmears, cuntfaces, etc? When someone talks like that it makes them seem very juvenile and ignorant, and I can't speak for everyone but personally I find it hard to take your discussion seriously when you bite the head off of anyone that posts a differing opinion or offers constructive criticism...but whatevs dude you can do what you want, but you probably won't last long here with your viscous attitude. :goodmorning:

peace,
agmotes165

--------------------

Heart Slowed

#558320 - 05/25/11 06:54 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

agmotes165 said:
what is your problem man? Why all the negativity? Why can't you be professional and courteous, so what if someone talked some shit earlier on in the thread, why do you continue to flame everyone who posts here? Being mean to people who haven't done anything wrong is called being a bully, and you sir need to take a chill pill. I didn't say anything mean to you, or insult you, all I was doing was suggesting that everyone (not just you) should be a little more courteous when engaging in an intelligent conversation. Do you think the geniuses that came before us called one another shitsmears, cuntfaces, etc? When someone talks like that it makes them seem very juvenile and ignorant, and I can't speak for everyone but personally I find it hard to take your discussion seriously when you bite the head off of anyone that posts a differing opinion or offers constructive criticism...but whatevs dude you can do what you want, but you probably won't last long here with your viscous attitude. :goodmorning:

peace,
agmotes165

Do you sign all your posts, just curious.

--------------------

Let food be thy medicine

OfflineKing Koopa
Natty
 User Gallery

#558321 - 05/25/11 06:55 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

It's a sign of professionalism. :moogle:

--------------------

InvisibleDataM
That Guy
Male

#558324 - 05/25/11 06:57 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

i try...sometimes when I'm really stoned I forget :cool:

and of course if its a very short reply

--------------------

OfflineSpaceMonkey
Mind Pilot
Male

#558328 - 05/25/11 07:01 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

He wont be reading your reply for a few days!

Now if anyone would like to continue this topic, please do. People have opinions and sometimes they don't match your beliefs.

So let's move on, smoke a doob, and discuss this properly!

--------------------

OfflineHarlz

Loc: cloudz
    #558331 - 05/25/11 07:16 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

eNtranceAsexit said:

:ilold: wait so s/he takes drugs, and by taking them their brain releases more drugs, which s/he becomes dependant on, and requires the drug to release the chemicals at all eventually

and its not the drugs fault?

um..there is a huge hole in this logic :bonghit:

btw I only read the first like 10 posts :thaaannks:

Heart Slowed

Re: WEED IS NOT ADDICTIVE. [Re: Harlz]
    #558335 - 05/25/11 07:21 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Why did he get banned?

--------------------

Let food be thy medicine

OfflineSpaceMonkey
Mind Pilot
Male

#558336 - 05/25/11 07:24 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Do I really need to explain?

--------------------

Heart Slowed

#558338 - 05/25/11 07:25 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

No....just idk. Now I feel stupid for asking :sad:

--------------------

Let food be thy medicine

InvisibleHendershot
Shapeshifter
Male User Gallery

#558360 - 05/25/11 08:13 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

SpaceMonkey said:
He wont be reading your reply for a few days!

Now if anyone would like to continue this topic, please do. People have opinions and sometimes they don't match your beliefs.

So let's move on, smoke a doob, and discuss this properly!

I agree wholeheartedly!! ummm...what are we discussing exactly?

--------------------

OfflineSpaceMonkey
Mind Pilot
Male

#558387 - 05/25/11 09:24 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

I guess, a subject about weed is not addictive? I really don't understand the purpose of this thread.

--------------------

OfflineKing Koopa
Natty
 User Gallery

#558394 - 05/25/11 09:39 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

He was talking just about addiction. All the drugs were just examples. He's a crazy mind, but I've met people like him. He's a different mind. He's harmless.

--------------------

OfflineSpaceMonkey
Mind Pilot
Male

#558396 - 05/25/11 09:46 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Let get back on track please?
Its over and he is not the subject.

--------------------

InvisibleDataM
That Guy
Male

#558408 - 05/25/11 10:07 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Well I agree that mental addiction has everything to do with the pleasure center of the brain, and I agree that every single substance that is considered a recreational drug messes with/alters said "pleasure center", and can thus result in addiction (both mentally and physically). However I also believe that when you try a certain substance such as meth or opiates (sorry to reference hard drugs again but really you do have to cover the entire spectrum in order to properly address this subject) then there exists a condition in which you try the substance, do not consciously enjoy the effects of the substance, but afterwards you feel the need for more even though you did not enjoy it. This has to do with the forceful change in brain chemistry due directly to the substance being used. I myself have experienced this when I fell a rather large distance and shattered my pelvis, cracked a few vertebrae, shattered a wrist and broke my jaw and nearly all of my teeth. For the first 3 weeks they had me on Fentanyl, and afterwards they had me on a rather high dose of liquid Oxycontin for nearly 3 months. I have to say I enjoy the effects of weed and psychedelics, but I fucking hated the effects of Oxycontin :homerdrool:. However, when it was time to stop, as much as I wanted to never ever again feel the effects of that shit, when I didn't take it, I would get nauseous and barf every now and again...felt shaky with no appetite, lost a little weight and didnt sleep very well for about a month. Now I may be a baby or something for getting such silly withdrawals from Oxycontin, I can't imagine trying to quit meth or heroine. My point is that even though things that are not physically addictive can be mentally addictive or habit-forming simply because we like doing it or our brains just get used to the act of using them, with substances that physically alter the inner workings of the brain and cause physical withdrawal symptoms are no longer a "habit" since you can start the addiction right after the first use...idk :2cents:

I am much more willing to contribute when there isn't a fire hazard in the thread :tongue:

peace,
agmotes165

--------------------

InvisibleHendershot
Shapeshifter
Male User Gallery

#558459 - 05/26/11 05:34 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

There are habits and there are addictions..
I think the very first symptom of an addiction is obsessive/compulsive behavior; anything that affects the pleasure centers of the brain can become an addiction. Smoking, sex, exercise, food, cutting, even tanning..
So I have to say, that depending on the individual, marijuana can be addictive. That doesn't mean it should be illegal though.

--------------------

OfflineSpaceMonkey
Mind Pilot
Male

#558556 - 05/26/11 12:51 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

There is no doubt that cannabis is psychologically addictive. That you can want or even crave it! Being alive for almost 40 years I have learned alot. Weed, I may not like to quit but I can at anytime. I will feel anxious, hyper, maybe not have much of an appetite and have a little sleep disturbance. Not really a big deal! Now for the others that are physically addictive, that a whole different story. If you quit these cold turkey, you will have issues. Agmotes, you got lucky really. Liquid oxy is damn near heroin. It is considered hill billy heroin in fact. Anyways getting off opiates( not sure the withdrawal of meth) you will get sick! Agmotes said it nicely in his post. Your brain chemistry now needs these thing just to do what it normally does naturally. I brought up prozac because I have seen long time patients who have up and quit cold turkey. They seem to go thru some kind of with drawal. Not as bad as opiates but their brain chemistry was dependant on that drug to help make it function. Off of it they were spaced out and dizzy. Effexor from experience also had an addictive quality. Found that out on accident too. Dr. prescribed cause he thought I was depressed. Took them for a month and then said screw it and quit. I had some symptoms of withdrawal. Sweaty, ill feeling. Anyways, guess this getting drawn out. But I wanted to show the differences in addiction. Cigarettes are psychologically addicting. Although at a higher degree then cannabis. You can quit with out to much ill effect, but mentally your all messed up. Grumpy, hungary, etc. There are varying degrees in all addiction. And some people are tolerant to it as well. I wish I was one of them tolerant ones instead of an addictive personality!

--------------------

Offlinesmurf_master
Master Smurf

#558565 - 05/26/11 01:02 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Too... many... words...

need.... more.... lines....

OfflineTank333
Psychotic Hippie
Male User Gallery

#558697 - 05/26/11 06:26 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

I gotta disagree with ya there, spacemonkey, on the cigarettes comment. I believe cigarettes are both physically and psychologically addicting.

--------------------
My best run so far

OfflineSpaceMonkey
Mind Pilot
Male

Re: WEED IS NOT ADDICTIVE. [Re: Tank333]
    #558752 - 05/26/11 10:10 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

And you are right in doing so.

"Withdrawal symptoms are both physical and psychological."

Taken from http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/000953.htm

I spoke before I thought! :shrug:

:toast:

--------------------

OfflineTank333
Psychotic Hippie
Male User Gallery

#558753 - 05/26/11 10:15 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Yea... its been 7 and a half month since we quit smoking, and it still hasn't gotten much easier than it was a week into it. We've both even given in a half a dozen times or more, mostly when hella drunk. But then each time afterwards it was a mixed reaction of disgust at the taste and the fact we were actually giving in, yet sweet relief to get the sensations back from the nicotene rush...

--------------------
My best run so far

OfflineSpaceMonkey
Mind Pilot
Male

#558756 - 05/26/11 10:31 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Nice!
I am also a smoker. For probably 24 years now! Gosh damn, when I actually just did the math I freaked out! My wife says my lungs must be charred!

Anyways, I have not really seriously tried to quit. I was forced to once in the hospital, but I started right away upon leaving. I was also getting fed ativan at a decent rate too. And had a patch. So I really do not have experience in this department.

I am glad you have been able to keeping quitting!  Drinking I could drinking alcohol would be a hard thing to not have a smoke for me too! Since I regularly chase a drink with that nicotine. Same with after dinner! I usually go have a smoke directly afterward. I have gone a few hours at work with out smoking, but not long enough to brag about. So yes I can see both being a problem.

--------------------

OfflineTank333
Psychotic Hippie
Male User Gallery

#558759 - 05/26/11 10:43 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Man, I feel so much better now that I've quit! I can breathe better, I feel sick less. And I have SO MUCH more cash these days!

It was very hard to quit. It took a series of strategic dropping of traditional cigaretee times. First came the most popular one, the "after a bowl" cigarette. We stopped smoking a cigarette after each bowl. If we still wanted to smoke something, we rolled a shake pinner and smoked that. Then it was the after meal cigarette. Then it was the after sex smoke, and so on, till we were down to sharing about 5-8 cigarettes a day. We ended up staying at that level for a few months before we were able to completely quit though...

--------------------
My best run so far

InvisibleDataM
That Guy
Male

#558766 - 05/26/11 10:59 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Ativan is fucking weird...when I was in the hospital I was stuck on my back for 3 weeks and they gave me that shit to help me sleep...but all it did was made me hallucinate like crazy :awecid:

--------------------

OfflineSpaceMonkey
Mind Pilot
Male

#558767 - 05/26/11 11:08 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

It just made me sleep. I actually fell asleep while talking on the phone.

U may have been allergic to it. I have heard of people doing that on other things and trippig balls.

--------------------

InvisibleDataM
That Guy
Male

#558769 - 05/26/11 11:18 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

i do that with most of the stuff they give me via IV, and they usually say "this will help calm you down..." and then I'm usually tripping balls with my heartrate around 160 to 185 for the next hour or so staring at the wall in horror haha :dumblol:

I love weed, shrooms, acid, and I really wanna try DMT at some point...but all of the shit they try to give me in the hospital scares the hell out of me most of the time. That or I get addicted, or both :shrug:

peace,
agmotes165

--------------------

OfflineSpaceMonkey
Mind Pilot
Male

#558772 - 05/26/11 11:45 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

I am wondering how the new synthetic cannabinoids are as far as addiction goes. I have tried a couple different blends and pure but have not ever smoked any long enough to know. THANK GOD!!!  But as pleasurable as they seem, I could see them being a problem if you were to have a supply.?  Some of them feel like the most intense cannabis high you could have. Being the natural(thc/cbs) one is psychological. I am kinda wondering if these synthetics being a full agonist of both receptors cb1 and cb2, will end up enslaving this generation of youngsters. Cannabis is only a partial agonist at CB1 receptors.

--------------------

InvisibleDataM
That Guy
Male

#558809 - 05/27/11 08:19 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

I actually have a decent amount of experience with this...

I smoked a specific brand of that legal "incense" stuff (JWH derivatives were the actives) for about 6 months when I decided to try and find a job. You quickly build a tolerance for this stuff, and the high is extreme but different, I personally found it impossible to sleep when I had just lit up about 3 or 4 big bong rips, and if I got too high, my stomach would start cramping but it always felt like the main artery running down my abdomen had split and was spraying blood all over my organs (quit scary the first time it happened :eek:). The next day I found it hard to get up, my muscles were slightly achy, and I just couldn't think straight. I was experiencing all of the side effects that my local christian propaganda fountain had told me marijuana would cause, but I had never experienced any of this while smoking MJ. My mental clarity and memory function when I was not high was severely impacted. On top of that my lungs began to deteriorate, and my run times for a specific loop were rising by about 10 seconds per week for a 3.5 mile loop. I also noticed a slight loss of appetite that was in effect 24/7, food just wasn't a thought that came to my head very often (which I assure you is very very strange for me  :donut: )

After my grades at school began to suffer, I decided it was time to quit that shit. Fortunately for me while I was smoking it, I had a fairly reasonable hookup for it and could get 9 grams or so for about 40 dollars, so when I decided to quit I had a hefty amount sitting in my apartment. I quit cold turkey from smoking about 3 grams or more a week, and have had no cravings, I don't miss it, and haven't smoke regular MJ since, except for one time at a party but that was a half puff off of some really crappy mids. I immediatly began to notice my mental clarity and memory function returning, soon after my run times began to improve, and my appetite returned.

I would say that for a person like me, who has a strong family history of addiction and addictive personalities, and who has been addicted to a few substances rather easily in the past, I found these chemicals to not be very addictive over the time period and with the intensity with which I smoked them. I did however notice that said smoke blends have a much more pronounced negative effect on the user's mental and physical well being than MJ. This is a conclusion that I make based purely on my personal experience though, and I'm sure there are other peeps on here that can contribute so we can get a more statistically significant account of how addictive these substances are, hopefully :shrug:.

On a side note, late at night after about 5 big bowl packs (I was exploring the upper limits of this shit) I thought I was a wizard for awhile and could see the aura that I was moving around the room with my thoughts...that shit is crazy :awecid: haha

peace,
agmotes165

--------------------

Heart Slowed

#558817 - 05/27/11 09:55 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

I have found I dont have an addictive personality. I smoked cigarettes for a few months, but they started killing my immune system, so I went up and quit one day, and havent needed one since. Sometimes id like to have one. And as far as weed goes, I used to smoke 2~3 times a day, and it got hard to cut back. I never wanted to cut back, but one day decided I probably needed to for my body's sake. So then it went down to once a day, and now its even less, because lack of money. So I personally think its the person with the problem, not the weed or cigs or chocolate or sex. It all depends on the person. :shrug:

--------------------

Let food be thy medicine

InvisibleDataM
That Guy
Male

#558825 - 05/27/11 10:33 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

I kinda agree with you on that...with stuff like weed, cigs, even alcohol and cocaine I have seen certain people do it occasionally with no problems...but I do think that certain hard drugs have a higher tendancy to snag you, regardless of your personality. Like say for instance if you compared my addictive personality to your not-so-addictive personality. Regardless of this, we would both probably be at a higher risk of addiction with harder drugs such as (dare I mention the classic) heroine than we both would with softer drugs like MJ, tobacco, alcohol, etc.

There always seems to be a point as you move up the spectrum of drugs at which it goes from requiring little to no effort to stay away from the substance, to requiring a decent to significant amount of effort to avoid the substance...its just with different people this point will be at a different spot on the spectrum...but then again I have little to no experience with hard drugs outside of the hospital due to my Oxycontin experience...it scared me away from all opiates and potentially addictive substances, which is in part due to my addictive personality. :shrug:

peace,
agmotes165

--------------------

OfflineTank333
Psychotic Hippie
Male User Gallery

#558827 - 05/27/11 10:50 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

A7X said:
So I personally think its the person with the problem, not the weed or cigs or chocolate or sex. It all depends on the person. :shrug:

I tend to agree with this statement, for the most part...

Quote:

agmotes165 said:
I kinda agree with you on that...with stuff like weed, cigs, even alcohol and cocaine I have seen certain people do it occasionally with no problems...but I do think that certain hard drugs have a higher tendancy to snag you, regardless of your personality. Like say for instance if you compared my addictive personality to your not-so-addictive personality. Regardless of this, we would both probably be at a higher risk of addiction with harder drugs such as (dare I mention the classic) heroine than we both would with softer drugs like MJ, tobacco, alcohol, etc.

There always seems to be a point as you move up the spectrum of drugs at which it goes from requiring little to no effort to stay away from the substance, to requiring a decent to significant amount of effort to avoid the substance...its just with different people this point will be at a different spot on the spectrum...

peace,
agmotes165

I think you really hit the nail on the head here, Agmotes!

Myself, when I worked on a fishing boat in Alaska, I did a LOT of coke to keep up with the long days. But when I stopped working that hella well-paying job (really, dumbest move ever), I pretty much stopped doing coke. Yea, I'll take a line here and there, but my rule is I won't pay for it unless its a REALLY REALLY special occasion. And even then, I don't have the extra cash to spend on that crap. Its gone so quick I gotta have at least a ball for a good night, and I don't have an extra bill fifty to spend on ANYTHING these days! Lmao!

It'd be a way better night to just get a half gram of Molly and be hella high for hours!

I'm glad I've always been able to contol my illegal drug habits, and now I've finally got a reign on my legal one, too! I know its not that easy for others.

--------------------
My best run so far

Heart Slowed

#558830 - 05/27/11 11:07 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Yeah it does seem to be the pattern, the harder the drugs, the harder the addiction.

--------------------

Let food be thy medicine

InvisibleDataM
That Guy
Male

#558831 - 05/27/11 11:09 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Yea dude, I get mega addicted to shit all the time, thats why I stick to weed and some light social drinking, and the occasional psychedelic encounter :awecid:

I actually managed to quit my caffeine addiction cold turkey (we are talking 2 or 3 energy drinks a day with pretty much constant intake of soda in between, and when I am really hurting for money I will switch to caffeine pills...my work requires constant focus and the ability to crunch numbers and work with computers :grizzlybear: for 12 to 14 hours or more a day. When I quit I had a constant migraine for about a week, and my hands shook like I had Parkinson's for 3 or 4 days...then I just felt like shit for about 2 weeks total before I started feeling better. I have since started back on it (goddamn you non-linear controls) but whatever I really kicked my high tolerance so I stick mainly to about 3 sodas a day, that way my blood pressure isn't several thousand atmospheres all of the time, and I actually sleep about 6 hours a night :dumblol:

peace,
agmotes

--------------------

InvisibleHendershot
Shapeshifter
Male User Gallery

Re: WEED IS NOT ADDICTIVE. [Re: Data] * 1
    #558834 - 05/27/11 11:32 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Did you really classify alcohol as a "softer" drug? Why, cuz it's legal? Did you know that alcohol is one of the very few drugs that can actually cause you to die from withdrawal? IMO alcohol is hands down the most dangerous drug there is, because of the nonchalance with which it is viewed...

--------------------

OfflineTank333
Psychotic Hippie
Male User Gallery

#558840 - 05/27/11 12:32 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Wow, that's a bad withdrawl! I have had a love/hate relationship with Mt. Dew for years. At one point I was at about 2 2-liter bottles a day, sometimes 3.... these days though I'm so broke I make a 2-liter of Dew last a week...

--------------------
My best run so far

OfflineDungenessDank
Lord of the Flies

#558841 - 05/27/11 12:42 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

What we're you fishing for brah?

Longlining?

OfflineTank333
Psychotic Hippie
Male User Gallery

#558844 - 05/27/11 12:46 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Naw, nothing that exciting. Actually wasn't even fishing. It was processing. A huge ass factory dropped into an old container ship. 550'+ of rust and fish guts... still worked 12 hours a day during the summer and 16 hours a day during the winter though!

--------------------
My best run so far

OfflineDungenessDank
Lord of the Flies

#558845 - 05/27/11 12:50 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Right on, I have friends who started out processing up there for Trident and others and are still working up there, one guy does maintenance at some cannery, and another got a job on working on the pipeline.

Processing isn't my bag, but there is some money in it still for hard workers.

OfflineTank333
Psychotic Hippie
Male User Gallery

#558848 - 05/27/11 12:59 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Nice! Yea, processing is definitely NOT for everyone. Its long days of hard, back-breaking work. And never a day off, either. But the fact that you're working anywhere from 85-112+ hours a week means you stack back bank. Its not like you've got the time to go spend it on anything! Lol

I've been wanting to get back on a boat for a while, but the fact that I quit instead of finishing my contract makes it really hard... thought about working the pipeline for a while too, but now that I've got a girl and I'm pretty settled down, moving up there probably wouldn't go over too well. Lol

--------------------
My best run so far

InvisibleDataM
That Guy
Male

#558864 - 05/27/11 03:01 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Hendershot said:
Did you really classify alcohol as a "softer" drug? Why, cuz it's legal? Did you know that alcohol is one of the very few drugs that can actually cause you to die from withdrawal? IMO alcohol is hands down the most dangerous drug there is, because of the nonchalance with which it is viewed...

yea i guess i did lump it in there bc of the whole legal status...but you are right, it is a fucking dangerous substance...watched my grandfather slowly kill himself with that and tobacco...that shit will mummify you after a while...he ended up going from a 6'2" beast of a man to a shriveled up gollum-like shell of a man...really sad actually. And you are absolutely right about the withdrawals...when he had his first heart attack, they actually let my grandmother bring him a limited number of beers a day just to keep him from dropping into a coma...shit was crazy intense and I feel kind of retarded for lumping that into the wrong category :shrug: oops

peace,
agmotes165

--------------------

OfflineeNtranceAsexit
Bang-a-Bang-Boogie

Re: WEED IS NOT ADDICTIVE. [Re: Harlz]
    #559276 - 05/29/11 12:32 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Harlz said:
Quote:

eNtranceAsexit said:

:ilold: wait so s/he takes drugs, and by taking them their brain releases more drugs, which s/he becomes dependant on, and requires the drug to release the chemicals at all eventually
:thaaannks:

NO.

it's a how your nervous system functions... and memory.

yeah...

Heart Slowed

#559278 - 05/29/11 12:33 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Do you want to get banned again???

--------------------

Let food be thy medicine

OfflineeNtranceAsexit
Bang-a-Bang-Boogie

#559281 - 05/29/11 12:36 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

oh and btw, i'm just insane and i'm addicted to the taste!

Quote:

A7X said:
Do you want to get banned again???

NO. :mad:

OfflineKing Koopa
Natty
 User Gallery

#559284 - 05/29/11 12:37 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

I missed you dude:thumbup:

--------------------

OfflineeNtranceAsexit
Bang-a-Bang-Boogie

#559295 - 05/29/11 12:49 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

THEBats said:
Quote:

eNtranceAsexit said:
Quote:

THEBats said:
Quote:

eNtranceAsexit said:

WOW, time IS A WASTIN'!

:ilold:  You just can't let this go can you.  Time is a wastin' and it's yours.

I hope you're just frustrated and don't use that kind of grammar out in the real world.

this is entirely untrue... see how i said that? yep. =) i am totally frustrated. and yeah, i was wasting my time... talking about stuff... instead of complaining about the length of a thread or something equally as useless. just because something is presented a certain way doesn't mean you have to think it becomes you. you don't have to worry of what becomes of you... if you think I'VE got a problem... then whatever... there is only so many words that I HAVE to explain to you that while you were well intentioned at first, later you just took this thread completely semantically, and i might add, it was seemingly because of my arguments explaining (futilely) that some posters were making judgments based on subjective assessment, where they're ASSERTIONS to my... well, thread topic, i supposed...  well, they were completely misplaced. HEROIN and this and that... i was talking about addiction and i said some words that apparently "didn't fit" and thus everyone jumped on their notions of what an addict is and what makes an addict and then WHAT is it they are addicted but it wasn't about substance it was about neurology.

and i am no neurologist... so i am SORRY if i didn't come off that way, even though i wanted to discuss the NEUROLOGY of addiction.

seems i have to a pragmatist dork to make any point around here?

OfflineeNtranceAsexit
Bang-a-Bang-Boogie

#559296 - 05/29/11 12:51 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

King Koopa said:
I missed you dude:thumbup:

you know, i'll try and chill out. i think there was some misunderstanding here.

btw, if you spellcheck my SN, i am supposed to corrected to "intransigent".

which is pretty funny.

OfflineTHEBats
The Bridge Master
Male

#559312 - 05/29/11 01:37 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

You have to understand I'm going for a doctorate degree in psychology, so I take the subject seriously.  One of my main interests within the field is psychopharmacology as well as evolutionary psychology.

In the upper division word choice is important.  You must be clear and concise if you wish to accurately explain your viewpoint on a subject or wish to properly explain a concept.  It's nothing personal.

--------------------
kickin-two-hundo said:

OfflineeNtranceAsexit
Bang-a-Bang-Boogie

#559316 - 05/29/11 01:46 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

great. well, if you are so astute then why'd you argue and instead just've gone ahead and made your point clear to begin with? like you finally just did. :dizope:

:rolleyes: sorry for being hyper........... ENTHUSED!:durrhurr:

Offlinesmurf_master
Master Smurf

#559322 - 05/29/11 01:53 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Arguing is what the internet is for.

OfflineeNtranceAsexit
Bang-a-Bang-Boogie

#559323 - 05/29/11 01:54 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

i'm only trying to reflect my true inner desires. :sad:

OfflineKing Koopa
Natty
 User Gallery

#559332 - 05/29/11 02:28 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

THEBats said:
You have to understand I'm going for a doctorate degree in psychology, so I take the subject seriously.  One of my main interests within the field is psychopharmacology as well as evolutionary psychology.

In the upper division word choice is important.  You must be clear and concise if you wish to accurately explain your viewpoint on a subject or wish to properly explain a concept.  It's nothing personal.

Quote:

THEBats said:

:smirk:

--------------------

Offlinemellowparty
Ribosome user

Loc: 3'-UTR Flag
    #559555 - 05/30/11 07:09 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

I'm addicted to weed. I kill kittens and break stuff if I dont get my hourly fix. Whenever I run out I get horrible cravings, cant eat, cant sleep, feel anxious and depressed, getting cold sweats and shiver.

--------------------

InvisibleDataM
That Guy
Male

Re: WEED IS NOT ADDICTIVE. [Re: mellowparty]
    #559605 - 05/30/11 09:16 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

mellowparty said:
I'm addicted to weed. I kill kittens and break stuff if I dont get my hourly fix. Whenever I run out I get horrible cravings, cant eat, cant sleep, feel anxious and depressed, getting cold sweats and shiver.

:grin:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco All-in-One Grow Bags