Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
OfflineThebooedocksaint
Dead Dictator
 User Gallery

Loc: Wild & Free
I literally feel sick, more SWAT horror story.
    #557239 - 05/21/11 03:44 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Article 1

"Please send me an ambulance and you can ask more questions later, please!"

Guerena tells the dispatcher that her husband had returned home about 6:30 a.m. after work and was sleeping.

Prompted by the dispatcher, Guerena says her husband was shot in the stomach and hands.

The dispatcher asks Guerena to put her cheek next to her husband's nose and mouth to see if he's breathing, but she replies in Spanish that her husband is face- down.

The operator tells Guerena to grab a cloth and apply pressure to his wounds, but the wife responds frantically: "I can't! I can't! There's a bunch of people outside of my house. I don't know what the heck is happening!"

A dispatcher asks if the people outside are the SWAT members. "I think it's the SWAT, but they ... Oh my God!" Guerena says.

A dispatcher asks that she open the door for the SWAT, but Guerena replies that the door was already opened by police.

"Is anybody coming? Is anybody coming?" she asks.

The operator tells Guerena help is on the way, but they're still trying to figure out what happened.

"I don't know, that's it, whatever I told you, that's it," Guerena says.

Just after the five-minute mark, Guerena's end of the line goes silent.

The two dispatchers spend about four minutes talking to each other and calling out for Guerena while trying to figure out if the call is coming from the same residence where the warrant was served. At the end of the 10-minute 911 call, a dispatcher says she has confirmation that Guerena is outside with deputies on the scene.

This is from Arizona Daily Star reporter Fernanda Echavarri's effort to piece together the death of Jose Guerena, 26, at the hands of a Pima County, Arizona SWAT team. Guerena, who joined the Marines in 2002 and served two tours in Iraq, was killed just after 9  a.m. May 5. Guerera had just gone to bed after working a 12-hour shift at a local mine when his home was invaded as part of a multi-house crackdown by sheriff's deputies.

Like enemy of the state Osama bin Laden, Guerena died with his wife close by. Widow Vanessa Guerena, who hid with her four-year-old son when sheriff's deputies raided the home, fills in detail that has been slow to come from Pima County Sheriff Clarence W. Dupnik’s office:

"When I came out the officers dragged me through the kitchen and took me outside, and that's when I saw him laying there gasping for air," Vanessa Guerena said. "I kept begging the officers to call an ambulance that maybe he could make it and that my baby was still inside."

The little boy soon after walked out of the closet on his own. SWAT members took him outside to be with his mother.

"I never imagined I would lose him like that, he was badly injured but I never thought he could be killed by police after he served his country," Vanessa Guerena said.

The family's 5-year-old son was at school that morning and deputies say they thought Guerena's wife and his other child would also be gone when they entered the home.

Guerena says there were no drugs in their house.

Deputies said they seized a "large sum of money from another house" that morning. But they refused to say from which of the homes searched that morning they found narcotics, drug ledgers or drug paraphernalia. Court documents showing what was being sought and was found have not been made public. A computer check on Guerena revealed a couple of traffic tickets and no criminal history.

Tucson KGUN’s Joel Waldman says the SWAT team prevented paramedics from going to work on Guerena for one hour and fourteen minutes.

The sheriff’s department maintains that Guerena was holding an AR-15 when the paramilitary force fired 71 bullets in his home, but other key parts of the government story have collapsed. While PCSD initially claimed Guerena fired the weapon he was alleged to have been holding, the department now says it was a misfire by one of the deputies that caused this deadly group panic inside a home containing a woman and a toddler:

A deputy's bullet struck the side of the doorway, causing chips of wood to fall on his shield. That prompted some members of the team to think the deputy had been shot, [PCSD spokesman Michael] O'Connor said.

--------------------
"Je pense, donc je suis (I am thinking, therefore I am)." -Rene Descartes

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineThebooedocksaint
Dead Dictator
 User Gallery

Re: I literally feel sick, more SWAT horror story. [Re: Thebooedocksaint]
    #557240 - 05/21/11 03:45 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Follow up story.

Quote:

A very different version of the May 5 killing of Marine Iraq veteran Jose Guerena has emerged from the Pima County, Arizona Sheriff’s Department and a lawyer for the five SWAT team members who shot Guerena 60 times.

The Arizona Daily Star’s Fernanda Echávarri reports that the sheriff’s department has complained of media reports that “spread misinformation and encouraged speculation.” However, the department did not provide any additional information about the shooting, which took place during a mid-morning raid on Guerena’s home, where he was apparently asleep with his wife and four-year-old child. Nor did the sheriff offer to unseal the search warrant and court documents specifying what police were looking for in the home and what they seized.

But Michael Storie, the attorney for the SWAT officers, said the raid turned up rifles, hand guns, body armor and a piece of a “law enforcement uniform” inside Guerena’s house. (Guerena family attorney Christopher Scileppi, tells Echávarri none of the seized items were illegal.) From the Daily Star:

“Everything they think they’re going to find in there they find,” said Storie in a news conference called a day after the Sheriff’s Department complained media reports on the incident spread misinformation and encouraged speculation about events surrounding the shooting…

All statements made by Storie on Thursday morning came from the five SWAT officers he is representing, he said.

The five officers had “no choice but to shoot” when they breached the front door of the house in the 7100 block of South Redwater Drive and saw Guerena holding a rifle, Storie said.

The house was targeted as part of an investigation into home invasions and drug rip offs. The Guerena house was among homes that “were identified as locations where these activities were being carried out from.”

Whole article. Storie has revived the detail that Guerena shouted “I’ve got something for you, I’ve got something for you guys” before he was shot (which Guerena's widow denies). He says that Guerena’s name was not in any of the search documents, and uses some intriguing phrasing to tell Echávarri that “if SWAT members had been let in to the home, those inside ‘probably they wouldn’t have been arrested.’”

Storie also speculates that police officers casing Guerena’s house a few days before the shooting were spied on by parties unknown, and he says a portrait of Jesus Malverde, “believed to be a ‘narco saint’” was found under Guerena’s bed.

It was either Patrick Henry or Rooster Cogburn who observed that states and railroads will lie to you quicker than a man will. While the sheriff has been quiet about the case’s details (including the dispatcher’s apparent confusion over the raid during Vanessa Guerena’s 911 call), Storie’s claims are almost perfect examples of lawyerly pettifogging. Having a picture of a “narco saint” is evidence of nothing; in 1975, my wife’s grandmother was killed by one Lebanese militia because while raiding her home they found a magazine published by a rival militia. Finding a uniform in a private residence was one of the KGB’s favorite pieces of flimflammery when they wanted to arrest somebody. Possession of firearms is, for the time being, legal in the United States, and the fact that Guerena had an AR-15 has been part of this narrative since the beginning.

It’s certainly important to hear the authorities’ side of this misadventure, which has resulted in no arrests. It’s also important to avoid misinformation and wild speculation. But the solution to that problem is for the authorities to release the warrants and court records and to put out a coherent narrative that doesn’t keep changing. They’ve had plenty of time to do that in the two weeks since Jose Guerena was killed.

--------------------

InvisibleDr. SiekadellykM
Question Everything!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ketamine Flag
    #557247 - 05/21/11 04:06 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

:eek: Shot 60 times for a drug raid which uncovered no drugs? That is indeed sickening.
My friend got raided with a gun up to his head not too long ago also, in which no drugs were found beside a small pipe. :nonono:

:facepalm: :sad: :mad2:

--------------------
The Kratom Report...

OfflineThebooedocksaint
Dead Dictator
 User Gallery

Re: I literally feel sick, more SWAT horror story. [Re: Dr. Siekadellyk]
    #557263 - 05/21/11 05:32 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Dr. Siekadellyk said:
:eek: Shot 60 times for a drug raid which uncovered no drugs? That is indeed sickening.
My friend got raided with a gun up to his head not too long ago also, in which no drugs were found beside a small pipe. :nonono:

And that's the moment i would of became a home grown terrorist and started killing all those swat members and their families.

Fucking pigs.

They deserve nothing short of a slow death right after watching the slow death of their families.

That's just my opinion though. :shrug:

Hasn't happened to me yet so looks like I just get to be politically opposed to it.

--------------------

Invisiblec99hunter
 User Gallery
    #557265 - 05/21/11 05:55 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Shot 60 fucking times and they didn't even call an ambulance and just sat there and watched him die in front of his wife and child??????And NO drugs were even found? EVERY one of those fucking pigs need the death penalty.

OfflineSpaceMonkey
Mind Pilot
Male

Loc: Hawaiian Islands Flag
Re: I literally feel sick, more SWAT horror story. [Re: c99hunter]
    #557267 - 05/21/11 06:29 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Gotta luv America!

I saw this article on another board and was just terrified that this actually still happens! Back in the day, these mistakes happened frequently. Drug raids gone bad, innocent people were dieing for no reason in the name of this drug war! This guy served 2 tours in afganistan and then comes HOME and is murdered by the people he fought for! This kind of stuff makes me embarressed to be an american. :facepalm:

--------------------

:guns: Don't Mistake My Kindness For Weakness :guns:

OfflineDungenessDank
Lord of the Flies

Loc: PNW
Re: I literally feel sick, more SWAT horror story. [Re: SpaceMonkey]
    #557279 - 05/21/11 08:21 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

My old man knew a guy who was shot in a drug raid just because he was visiting the place.

OfflineThebooedocksaint
Dead Dictator
 User Gallery

Re: I literally feel sick, more SWAT horror story. [Re: DungenessDank] * 1
    #557302 - 05/21/11 10:37 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Their departments contact info.

I already voiced my disgust, if you don't feel like you are in a position to say anything about it to them feel free to just spread the story around. I myself have told about 4 people about this already and I just feel as many people as possible need exposed to this story so they can know the shit that really fucking ends up happening.

This fucking "war on drugs" seems to be becoming more and more of an excuse for law enforcement to militarize more and more to abuse the people.

God i need to get high.

--------------------

OfflineTank333
Psychotic Hippie
Male User Gallery

Loc: Washington
    #558768 - 05/26/11 11:09 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Jesus christ! And people wonder why the rest of the world hates us?? Because we have the most corrupt goverment in the world, and we're too damn "patriotic" to open our eyes and see it!

Have you guys seen the articles about the two NYC officers that were "acquitted" of their rape charges?

--------------------
My best run so far

Invisiblec99hunter
 User Gallery
Re: I literally feel sick, more SWAT horror story. [Re: Tank333]
    #558822 - 05/27/11 10:05 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Tank333 said:
Jesus christ! And people wonder why the rest of the world hates us?? Because we have the most corrupt goverment in the world, and we're too damn "patriotic" to open our eyes and see it!

Have you guys seen the articles about the two NYC officers that were "acquitted" of their rape charges?

No, link please? :mad:

OfflineTank333
Psychotic Hippie
Male User Gallery

Loc: Washington
Re: I literally feel sick, more SWAT horror story. [Re: c99hunter]
    #558823 - 05/27/11 10:14 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Here.

Sounds like a case of that "thin blue line" being more loyal to itself than to honesty and integrity.

--------------------
My best run so far

OfflineDungenessDank
Lord of the Flies

#558843 - 05/27/11 12:44 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Helmet cam video from the raid. If this happened to my home I would be a dead mother fucker too.

Invisiblec99hunter
 User Gallery
Re: I literally feel sick, more SWAT horror story. [Re: DungenessDank]
    #558859 - 05/27/11 02:02 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Look how the ones behind other cops still jumped behind and started shooting just to get their shots in too.

OfflineDoc
stoner
 User Gallery

Loc: New Caledonia
    #560418 - 05/31/11 05:16 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Damn that is fucking disgusting. It seems like the cops all were in on this together just to kill this guy for thrills. I mean 71 bullets>??? WTF?!?!?! The cops of course all are gonna corroborate each others stories and they might even get off without any trouble or even so much as a funny look for killing a brown guy. (Even if that brown guy was more of a hero in the respect of having served in the army) This is truly sickening. Fucking god damn pigs!!!!!!

--------------------
No one is free when others are oppressed

OfflineKing Koopa
Natty
 User Gallery

Re: I literally feel sick, more SWAT horror story. [Re: Dr. Siekadellyk]
    #560547 - 05/31/11 11:52 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Dr. Siekadellyk said:

my heart sunk when i read this

--------------------
Alcoholics Anonymous is a fellowship of men and women who share their experience, strength and hope with each other that they may solve their common problem and help others to recover from alcoholism.

The only requirement for membership is a desire to stop drinking. There are no dues or fees for A.A. membership; we are self-supporting through our own contributions. A.A. is not allied with any sect, denomination, politics, organization or institution; does not wish to engage in any controversy; neither endorses nor opposes any causes. Our primary purpose is to stay sober and help other alcoholics to achieve sobriety.

OfflineThebooedocksaint
Dead Dictator
 User Gallery

#561538 - 06/03/11 12:44 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Tank333 said:

I did, shit disgusts me.

Calling their sheriffs department was so great, pro teir trolling I beleive.

This  chick that answered had a really nasally voice and got really offended.

Protip: they especially hate it when you say you approve of all the media coverage. It makes them rage. :lol:

--------------------

OfflineDionili
Stranger

#561615 - 06/03/11 04:27 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

I called. I spoke with IA and a few other people. i kept giving them scenerios and questions, stumped them every time. I've had this article sent to all the news stations in my area. Every one should be calling and voiceing their disgust.

Offlineaerow.thefox
Stranger
Re: I literally feel sick, more SWAT horror story. [Re: Thebooedocksaint] * 1
    #580665 - 08/24/11 01:35 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

thats a kroc of shit. those swat members should be put in front af a firing squad. i swear this country is becoming more criminal than the people in it. he is ex military, he wil likely have guns. he has the pic of a saint under his bed and its related to drugs? BULLSHIT.
and just because some crackhead said something was goin on there doesnt mean it was. thats hearsay, ppl, especially junkies, will say anything to make themselves look better to cops and try to get a lesser charge. and do you really have to shoot a guy 60 times? that just tells me those swat bastards are murderers who like to kill. and you dont shoot a guy in the handds unless u want to torture him. i fucking hate wat our country is becoming.
no more ammendments, no more new laws. go back to wat the founding fathers wanted. (with a few exceptions, womens right etc.)
LIFE, LIBERTY, AND THE PURSUIT OF HAPPINESS

OfflineThebooedocksaint
Dead Dictator
 User Gallery

Re: I literally feel sick, more SWAT horror story. [Re: aerow.thefox]
    #580687 - 08/24/11 03:19 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

I think the masses have just become to content with the status quo.

If someone isn't their brother, sister, cousin, parent, etc... as disgusting as these cases are nobody ever actually vocalizes their disgust with the amount of effort it really deserves.

We all are to busy working as cogs and gears in the capitalist machine, focusing on our own wants and needs, and sit behind our computer screens or T.V. becoming disgusted by what we see and talk about it. But yet we are to god damn lazy to say a thing about it in public, to scared of repercussions, and to convinced our voices don't matter; which they don't alone. Truthfully the only way to have your voice heard as a citizen is to either have something absolutely atrocious happen to use where we get a news story, or for us to unite together and protest for long periods of time until the problem is solved; the former of course being far more likely than the later. And we are almost all guilty of it, including me.

--------------------

OfflineDungenessDank
Lord of the Flies

#580690 - 08/24/11 03:36 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

'tis a deadly sin.

I think a problem we have as a society is that we will never be able to reach a consensus, so at what point do say it's okay for us to make peoples decisions for them? Whenever a vocal minority makes a power grab, or when a charismatic politician gets on the news and tells us what to do?

OfflineThebooedocksaint
Dead Dictator
 User Gallery

#580715 - 08/24/11 05:18 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

DungenessDank said:
'tis a deadly sin.

I think a problem we have as a society is that we will never be able to reach a consensus, so at what point do say it's okay for us to make peoples decisions for them? Whenever a vocal minority makes a power grab, or when a charismatic politician gets on the news and tells us what to do?

I think most people are truthfully just ok with letting people tell them what to do. It's far easier to just accept it than try to change it.

Few people in history have championed causes that were not directly fucked by the problems they opposed so hard. And as disgusting it is to say it until SWAT starts killing people daily in the same region by the gross we are unlikely to see the kind of changes we want in it.

I mean the same argument can almost be made about marijuana legalization, and I don't mean just medical, there are just added incentives to keep the people quiet. People are worried about their jobs, or of what the government might do. It overlaps so easily because the biggest problem we have with SWAT is that they assume they will get violent opposition when there is a drug charge. Go figure sometimes people get killed trying to defend their house when they didn't know it was the police breaking in. SWAT thinks just because they knock and yell it automatically means innocent people will of course be awake, able to hear, and believe that they are the police; an assumption I can't believe stands as OK to the general populous.

Of course the other thing that keeps us silent is the fact that getting the wrong thing on your record will effectively screw you for life depending on what you want to be. For example my desire to be a teacher will mean eventually I'm going have to either give up my drug habits or over-think every single comment or action I ever make in fear that it will cost me my job.

--------------------

OfflineManitou
Indépendantiste
Male User Gallery

Loc: Québecédelic
    #580790 - 08/24/11 09:49 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Wow these stories are quite the shit ... I can't believe how much SWAT, FBI and CIA are FUCKED IN THE HEAD ... they think they have all the fucking rights... this is total bullshit ... I know it is not really the same subject, but here's one story FBI did during the Cuban revolution, they surely never told the medias...

FBI did far worse ... In a village in Guatemala during Cuban revolution... In Latin America during these times, lots of other countries were starting to rebel and take example. FBI went in some villages, they gathered every persons in a single room house, took the chief and his pregnant wife, chopped the head of the chief, opened up his wife's belly, took the fetus and threw it to the people, put the head in the wife's belly, and then they sewed back her stomach, they had forced children's and aged persons to watch this shit...

The reason of this? Fear, they wanted these people to calm the fuck down, and that's how they managed to do it ...

How I know this? One of my anthropology teacher worked in Guatemala for a lots of years, he used to work in such villages, he told us that it was the story of one village, and didn't want to tell us others, because this one was the less fucked up in the batch ... He worked with these people for over 15 years, and he told me that the younger generations were really touched by this event, a lots of troubles started to appear in these regions since then ... Might not be caused by that, but it is clearly not helping the cause...

--------------------
Pour un instant, j'ai respiré très fort
Ça m'a permis de visiter mon corps
Des inconnus vivent en roi chez moi
Moi qui avait accepté leurs lois
J'ai perdu mon temps à gagner du temps
J'ai besoin de me trouver une histoire à me conter
Pour instant j'ai oublié mon nom
Harmonium - Pour un instant
--------------------------------------------

OfflineDungenessDank
Lord of the Flies

Re: I literally feel sick, more SWAT horror story. [Re: Manitou]
    #580843 - 08/25/11 08:45 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Our governments intervention into other countries most certainly has a lasting and negative impact on not only the people there, but with international relations between it's people and us. (not to mention some governments)

Your story probably took place around the same time Reagan and the CIA sold weapons to Iran to fund the Contra's.

OfflineThebooedocksaint
Dead Dictator
 User Gallery

#580853 - 08/25/11 10:29 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

We all know Reagan was the devil though.

I like international intervention, but I don't like when they do shit like previously mentioned.

I feel as a superpower we are obligated to help nations that are being abused by their government.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale