Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisibleniteowl
GrandPaw
Male User Gallery

Hot Water Bong????
    #549855 - 04/23/11 06:05 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

anyone ever tried this............

Hot Water Bong

Quote:

[admin edit: text copies from the above link have been removed by request of copyright owner]

--------------------
The Ego is a pathological condition
like a calcareous tumor or cyst
that begins growing in the personality
in the absence of hallucinogenic substances
-Terence McKenna-

Edited by geokills (05/20/11 09:09 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Re: Hot Water Bong???? [Re: niteowl]
    #549856 - 04/23/11 06:21 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Smoke doesn't cool in a bong. That's insane. Want the smoke to stick to my lungs, also insane, if hot water was better people would have been doing that already for years.

Give it a try and report back. Myself I'm gonna stick with the idea being insane or used to try and market something.

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

OfflineCage
Melancholy Mindfuck.

#549857 - 04/23/11 06:23 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

niteowl said:
anyone ever tried this............

Hot Water Bong

Quote:

[admin edit: text copies from the above link have been removed by request of copyright owner]

Interesting.. But I'm skeptical because of all people, I would of expected to have heard about this at least once.... :shrug:

Edited by geokills (05/20/11 09:09 AM)

InvisibleiStoner
Astral Beast
Male

Re: Hot Water Bong???? [Re: Cage]
    #549887 - 04/23/11 08:11 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

As many people as i know that use cold water, i know the same amount of people that use hot water. I always thought it was just preference.
I know a guy that puts hot water in the bottom, and fills his chamber with ice. :shrug:

--------------------

Invisibleopenmind
cannaisseur

Loc: Cannafornia
    #549907 - 04/23/11 08:54 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

I've done the hot water thing a few times...

Don't know about getting higher, but the hits were a tad smoother because of all the moisture. It's nice if you have a dry or irritated throat. I just didn't like the whole inhaling hot air part :shrug: ...

:stoner:

--------------------

Invisiblem00nshine
HEDONISMBOT
 User Gallery

Loc: INEUPHORIA
Re: Hot Water Bong???? [Re: niteowl] * 1
    #549908 - 04/23/11 08:55 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

IME using hot water in a bong is :awesome:

Not so much because it gets you higher, but because I find it makes it easier to take a bigger hit than usual... IME bongs loaded with cold water or ice cubes produce harsher hits.

:happyweed:

--------------------

Invisibleniteowl
GrandPaw
Male User Gallery

Re: Hot Water Bong???? [Re: Magash]
    #549961 - 04/23/11 11:41 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Magash said:
Smoke doesn't cool in a bong. That's insane. Want the smoke to stick to my lungs, also insane, if hot water was better people would have been doing that already for years.

Give it a try and report back. Myself I'm gonna stick with the idea being insane or used to try and market something.

Spoken like someone who doesn't know wtf they are talking about.

To blatantly call something insane when you have clearly never tried it yourself

....... is fucking retarded. :kingtard:

I did try it and the hits are much smoother with hot water vs cold.

--------------------
The Ego is a pathological condition
like a calcareous tumor or cyst
that begins growing in the personality
in the absence of hallucinogenic substances
-Terence McKenna-

OfflineSlave of Cthulhu
Marijuana Connoisseur
Male User Gallery

Loc: R'lyeh
Re: Hot Water Bong???? [Re: niteowl] * 1
    #549968 - 04/23/11 11:51 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

I hate warm nasty hits, I prefer my bong hits to be nice and cold and fresh tasting. I'll stick to cold water.

--------------------

Invisiblestill beLIEve
State Property..Again
Male

Loc: a world thats not my own
Re: Hot Water Bong???? [Re: Slave of Cthulhu]
    #549987 - 04/24/11 12:40 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

i thought it was because hot water filtered the smoke better or something

but i dont really know

--------------------
niteowl said:
See, that term pedo gets thrown around a lot.
Is a 16 year old guy having sex w/a 16 year old girl a pedophile?
If not, then how is a 30 year old considered a pedophile for doing the same thing?
I think y'all need to look up the definition for pedophile.

OfflineRasJeph
Psycho Pete
Male

Loc: Bumfuckt Egypt
Re: Hot Water Bong???? [Re: still beLIEve]
    #549997 - 04/24/11 06:32 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

I've done it a few times on accident when I was too drunk/stoned to notice that the sink was turned to the "hot" side. :shrug:

--------------------
Of course it's happening inside your head.
Why should that mean it isn't real?

OfflineShaggy420
Male

#550004 - 04/24/11 07:09 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

:strokebeard: interesting. in theory i see how it could be smoother, but ill have to remember to try this.

--------------------

:Awemush::happyweed::fasted::happyweed::Awemush:

http://www.clear-uk.org/

InvisibleT-Rex
Herbsman
Male User Gallery

Loc: Devils Marbles Flag
Re: Hot Water Bong???? [Re: Shaggy420]
    #550009 - 04/24/11 07:36 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Boiling water in my ashcatcher, ice water in my main chamber

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Re: Hot Water Bong???? [Re: T-Rex]
    #550060 - 04/24/11 09:58 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

I've done the hot water thing a couple of times.  It's less enjoyable for me, I much prefer a ice cold hit than something that's boiling hot.

--------------------

MFDoom666: sobriety kills my buzz every time.

OfflineMuk
Stranger
Re: Hot Water Bong???? [Re: coda]
    #550066 - 04/24/11 10:46 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

I think it is smoother than using cold water, or ice. As for getting higher, its a definite maybe. Im pretty baked right now after using my bubbler with hot water. But I also havent smoked in 2 or 3 days.

I dont think it would be very easy to test something like this. Its gonna boil down to personal preference.

OfflineJeff Funk
 User Gallery

Re: Hot Water Bong???? [Re: Muk]
    #550070 - 04/24/11 10:51 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Ive never tried hot bong water, but maybe its something i will try later tonight.

--------------------
@Str8dankgenetics

OfflineSlave of Cthulhu
Marijuana Connoisseur
Male User Gallery

Loc: R'lyeh
Re: Hot Water Bong???? [Re: Jeff Funk]
    #550084 - 04/24/11 11:12 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

I just don't think I can do it, I hate the feelin and taste of warm ass hits. I like it cooled, it tastes so much better.

--------------------

Offlineabltsandwich
Stranger
    #550098 - 04/24/11 12:15 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

omg I've never heard of putting hot water in a bong.  I always go for the cold water.  I love the way the cold smoke feels on the way down into my lungs.

Offlineskeeter420
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Hot Water Bong???? [Re: Muk]
    #550186 - 04/24/11 04:52 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Muk said:
I think it is smoother than using cold water, or ice. As for getting higher, its a definite maybe. Im pretty baked right now after using my bubbler with hot water. But I also havent smoked in 2 or 3 days.

I dont think it would be very easy to test something like this. Its gonna boil down to personal preference.

:thumbup:

Gonna try this out later tonight, the idea of hot air doesn't sound very pleasant, but i'll get back to this one.:rasta:

--------------------

InvisibleDataM
That Guy
Male

Loc: Southwestern US Flag
Re: Hot Water Bong???? [Re: abltsandwich] * 2
    #550204 - 04/24/11 05:27 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Hot water in the bong has the same effect as using shisha (sp?) in a hookah.

In a hookah the heat hot air from the coal above vaporizes a mixture of tobacco products and water from the honey/molasses/stuff that they add to the tobacco. The high relative humidity (RH) of the smoke makes the smoke less harsh and the vaporization of the water acts to absorb a huge amount of heat, therefore the final smoke/vapor mix is at a much lower temperature than if the tobacco was burned...

In a bong with hot water in the rez...hot water is closer to the vaporization temp and more likely to vaporize, so a mass of high RH air forms over the hot water. As the smoke moves down through the downstem, most of the "cooling" actually happens here, as the small diameter glass tubing and the small opening in the bowl greatly increase the velocity of the gas, along with the Reynolds number, turbulence, and overall convective heat transfer coefficient. The smoke then enters the water, and the bubbling action both transfers a small amount of "vaporization heat" to the water, but mostly just acts to break the surface tension of the water, which then allows more evaporation to occur, thus raising the RH of the smoke/air mixture that forms above the water. The high RH of the mixture is actually what reduces irritation to the lungs, or "smooths out" the hit, since the smoke/air mixture will be heated up to near body temperature inside the small channels of the lungs, and if the temperature of the smoke/mix is lower than body temp, then some moisture will always be drawn from the lung surface to the smoke/air, causing irritation. If the smoke is at or above body temperature and as close to 100% RH, then there will be little or no moisture loss off of the lung surface and irritation will be greatly reduced. The actual level of "cooling" that occurs is usually more dependent on the bowl, precooler/ashcatcher, downstem combinations and the overall shape of the piece more than the temperature of the water.

Even for the water temperature, the shape of the bong matters. For instance, if you have a flask-bottom bong vs. a straight tube, you are obviously gonna have more thermal mass, so the water stays hotter, longer...and you are going to have more surface area of water exposed to air...so the final RH will be higher for a flask-bottom vs. a straight tube with similar water temperatures.

Now, if you have hot water in the rez...and ice above that, then what may occur is the water vapor/smoke combo @ high temperature will rise through the ice bed and the air temp will cool to the point that condensation begins to occur. Most condensing vapors need a nucleation point to begin condensing. In cloud formation, this is usually an ice crystal or a speck of dust or something. In the bong, this will be the particles of smoke and condensed cannabinoid resins (yes these will be condensed aerosols unless the vapor mixture is over 300oF). This will cause the water to condense around these smoke and resin particles and form super tiny water droplets that will still be air-borne. While some of these will re-vaporize in the heat of the lungs, some will not and could come into contact with the surface of the lungs (especially in the teeny tiny super turbulent passages near the pulmonary alveolus) while the rest of the "dry" cannabinoid aerosols and other particles will do the same, but less frequently due to their reduced weight in comparison with their water-enveloped counterparts. The water-enveloped particulates are then more likely to be absorbed due to the fact that the surface of lung that those particles touch will be moistened by the water envelope, and mucous membranes are much more efficient at absorption when they are at the proper moisture level. :2cents:

Basically what I'm saying is I do see a scientific basis behind the use of hot water in the bong rez to alleviate lung discomfort in specific setups, while in other setups the hot water can be used to facilitate an increased amount of total THC coming into contact with the lung surface, as well as an increased absorption efficiency. This should also be taken with the saying that I've always heard that the majority (>90%) of the THC in the smoke is absorbed in the first 3 seconds once it is in the lungs, and the fact that with this method of increased THC uptake, you are also increasing your uptake of smoke particulate matter, carcinogens, and greatly increasing your uptake of any water soluble compounds in the smoke. :shrug:

Make your own decisions...I will stick to my room temp water and no ice, simply because it has worked for me, does not cause any serious irritation, and by experience, seems to make no difference in how high i get off of a bowl pack as compared to my friend who always packs my bong after me with the same bud and then does all this crazy shit with hot water in the rez and ice beds above that. Hell I've even tried it myself a few times and I can't tell a difference. Maybe it does make a difference technically, but not enough of a difference to be noticeable by someone like me.

Anyway, I have rambled with my science babble long enough, I hope this helps somebody make a slightly more informed decision about their bong water temperature, or what combination of water/ice they wanna use? Idk I'm ready to smoke now :gethigh:

peace,
agmotes165

--------------------
“The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you” -NDT

OfflineBeekEr
HandBanana
 User Gallery

Loc: canada Flag
    #550274 - 04/24/11 07:42 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Slave of Cthulhu said:
I hate warm nasty hits, I prefer my bong hits to be nice and cold and fresh tasting. I'll stick to cold water.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale