Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco All-in-One Grow Bags   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlineshanker
Stranger
Cannabis and Migraine
    #541692 - 03/30/11 01:31 PM (13 years, 23 days ago)

Hi

I suffer from chronic migraine. Currently I use magic mushrooms to abort migraines and they work wonders most of the time but this only works when I have a migraine and it can not be used for the prevention of migraine. I have tried various medications to try to prevent migraine but they were horrible and they didn't work. Some almost killed me (and the doctors had the nerve to tell me off for using mushrooms?!?!!?).

Does anyone here have much experience with using cannabis as a way to prevent migraines? If so then how well does it work for you and what dosage do you use?

Any information would be very much appreciated.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinejuslikejesus
Your Name Is My Name Too
Male

Loc: Pennsylvania
Re: Cannabis and Migraine [Re: shanker]
    #541705 - 03/30/11 02:01 PM (13 years, 23 days ago)

Usually when I have allergies weed helps(I sneeze a lot but hell at least I feel good.)

I don't think that marijuana would help a migraine though, it might it might not even make it stop hurting but at least it will feel good WHILE it's hurting.

That's really the wonder of weed, I don't believe that it's going to stop your pain. I do think it's going to make you stop caring about it, weed is great.

Dosage doesn't really matter, depends on how much you smoke depends on how much you want to smoke. Some weeds are better at stopping pain then others, but remember there's also a side effect of being very high so if you can't handle being very high then you're going to have to smoke a bit less.

--------------------
When answering a question I ask, feel free to elaborate, feel free to direct me to other threads and or internet resources. I WANT to hear good information, try to make it so I don't have to answer anymore questions. I've read a lot if I ask a question it's because I want to here more.

Offlineshanker
Stranger
Re: Cannabis and Migraine [Re: juslikejesus]
    #541708 - 03/30/11 02:12 PM (13 years, 23 days ago)

I saw a few posts around the interwebz in which people said that when they smoke cannabis the frequency of their migraines is reduced. I want to see if any more people agree. Cannabis relaxes muscles etc and often when I feel a migraine coming on I can feel vessels in my head spasm and my eye twitches. I'm wondering if cannabis will help counter this.

Offlineshanker
Stranger
    #541710 - 03/30/11 02:14 PM (13 years, 23 days ago)

I'm browsing medical strains at the moment. Apparently indica is better for medicinal use. However, getting my hands on a medical strain in Australia could be hard. I know where I can get some clones but I am unsure  what the strain is and the person who could help is unsure either = /

Offlinethe man

#541756 - 03/30/11 04:20 PM (13 years, 22 days ago)

i think if you extract mushrooms you can get it to work within 20-30 min? way more cost effective and the act of the matter is you wont have to worry about drug tests.

using cannabis chronically to prevent your migraines(if that works) will increase only lead to you needing more and more and eventually you will likely just get them again. i imagine you want and excuse to smoke weed but doesnt make much sense. if having a hoot helps a migraine once it starts thats good. but people dont go around high on morphine when there doining something they could get hurt at. ya know?

cannabis particularly high in THC(so not indica) opens up blood vessels which is a cause of migraines if im not mistaken. Its why THC makes your heart pump faster as your BP is reduced from dilating. But im sure cbd slowing onset and more sustained couldnt hurt. trial error game i guess

Edited by the man (03/30/11 04:52 PM)

Offlineshanker
Stranger
Re: Cannabis and Migraine [Re: the man]
    #541838 - 03/31/11 01:26 AM (13 years, 22 days ago)

I take caffeine and aspirin first as it works well a lot of the time and I can get on with my day. If that doesn't work then I take mushies which almost never fails me. However, if it does fail to work then I'm in excruciating pain from 1 to 3 days. Everything seems too bright, too loud and strong smells also hurt. I get nausea too and I struggle to speak properly as migraines can mimic a stroke.

Yeah, when one has a migraine then blood vessels in the head are dilated so they need to be constricted again which is what caffeine and psilocybin do. This is good for an abortive medication but what I'm looking for is a preventative medication because I get so many migraines.

I've tried numerous medications whose side effects included serious cardiac reactions, suicidal thoughts, fatigue, no sex drive, cotton mouth, dizziness and blurred vision. It's a process of elimination for me and I tried doing the "right thing" by going to doctors first but they either gave me horrible medications that didn't work, fobbed me of and said there was nothing they could do or treat me like some doctor shopping junkie who was after opiates or something.

Offlinerod laukens
Stranger
    #599433 - 12/02/11 06:32 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

hi

as a sufferer of migraine headaches from very young age and all my adult life i have often wondered about possible treatments from my ailments, generally the treatment involves 3-6 paracetamol (if i cant get panadeine fort, usually takes 3) then in an attempt at sleep i look forward to vomiting as this helps by allowing me to pass out quicker. after the initial onset i am pretty out of it for about 2-3 days still with symptoms. i also have to watch what i eat as many food additives can cause migraines also.

now the interesting part - over the past 6- 8 months of ingesting cannabis in regular therapeutic doses i noticed to my surprise that i hadn't been getting migraines, id even placed them in the back of my mind for a while, i was able to work and live normally as the fear of getting them had slowly subsided.

until recently.....

over the last month i had decided to temporarily cease my cannabis use due to a general fear of criminal prosecution.

i noticed that within 2 weeks of non cannabis use my migraines had returned in full force, i have had 2 in the last month since whereas before i stopped there were none. in my opinion its to coincidental that my cannabis use was preventing my migraines.

this is from personal experience and i would gladly support trials for cannabis use as a migraine preventative.

i write this in a paracetamol induced state with numb face and hands as i experience my 3rd migraine in 6 weeks.

yours truly

rod Laukens
freelance artist

Edited by rod laukens (12/12/11 06:14 PM)

Offlineshanker
Stranger
Re: Cannabis and Migraine [Re: rod laukens]
    #599616 - 12/04/11 04:24 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Be careful if you're taking a lot of paracetamol and codeine etc otherwise you can end up getting rebound headaches. They're also quite hard on the liver.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rebound_headaches

Have you ever tried taking caffeine and aspirin? I find this is quite good at aborting a migraine.

Also, what other medications have you tried using for it?

Offlinerod laukens
Stranger
    #601149 - 12/12/11 06:46 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

yeh i agree that to much paracetamol and codeine isn't good for you but allot of the time its the only option.

i find the best thing is to avoid the triggers

allot of food additives contain these
eg. any nitrates, sulfites or products containing benzoic acids,
too much nicotine and caffeine i also have to watch as the toxicity of these substances is pretty crazy, even one alcoholic drink can trigger them it sux. another reason im pro cannabis

even filling up my car i have to be careful as allot of fuel is benzene based
petrochemicals do not agree with me
so i am pretty careful when it comes to pharmaceutical medications and prefer a more natural approach.
eg. essential oils lavender compress on neck and forehead.

Edited by rod laukens (12/12/11 06:52 PM)

Offlineshanker
Stranger
Re: Cannabis and Migraine [Re: rod laukens]
    #601379 - 12/14/11 07:23 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Mine are triggered by the weather which sucks big time because I have no control over it. I'm just recovering from an epic migraine at the moment. Thank God for shrooms!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco All-in-One Grow Bags   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder