Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineRasJeph
Psycho Pete
Male

Loc: Bumfuckt Egypt
Re: unique strains? [Re: Magash]
    #534188 - 03/07/11 06:33 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Well if its something that is unavailable, you'd really be doing people a favor, not so much a bad thing. :shrug:

--------------------
Of course it's happening inside your head.
Why should that mean it isn't real?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleBIG STEVE

Re: unique strains? [Re: SpaceMonkey]
    #534433 - 03/07/11 09:50 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

where do i find duck foot seeds?

OfflineKaptKid
Spaced Pirate
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bright Side of the Sun
Re: unique strains? [Re: RasJeph]
    #534438 - 03/07/11 10:06 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

RasJeph said:
Well if its something that is unavailable, you'd really be doing people a favor, not so much a bad thing. :shrug:

:yesnod:

--------------------
Child of the 60's, Tripping ever sence.

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Loc: Nepal Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: unique strains? [Re: maryanne3087]
    #534441 - 03/07/11 10:19 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

maryanne3087 said:
There's a strain called Blue Sonja done by Grindhouse Seeds and it's a sativa leaning phenotype of the Blockhead. Very nice, I can't wait to run 3+ packs of this and find the ultimate keeper.

I've got a pack of that :heart:

--------------------

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: unique strains? [Re: Harry_Ba11sach]
    #534480 - 03/08/11 12:19 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Yeah......I know about Grindhouse. They are run by some guy called Steele.

I'd be surprised if there was any Blockhead in his strain at all. Many clubs won't even carry their seeds and he's been blasted off of many forums for misrepresenting his seeds and for editing posts that claim his seeds are a awful lot like subcools strains.

http://www.thcfarmer.com/forums/f2/grindhouse-seeds-banned-5309/

For those looking for Grindhouse seeds and clones they are available in clubs in the Sacramento area.

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Invisiblemaryanne3087
Stranger
Trusted Cultivator
    #534506 - 03/08/11 02:26 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

I see nothing awful about the Blue Sonja. If I was told it was inbred from a seed found in a stray dog's shit I'd be equally as enthusiastic to get my hands on some more seeds. For the price of $60 packs of 12-13, healthy seeds, 100% germination rate, beautiful crystal coated plants, and relatively stable genetics. Aromas and taste are subject to taste but I see very little not to like about this particular strain. Especially if you're willing to purchase Nirvana genetics.

As for you being surprised to find Blockhead in the Blue Sonja... if you run enough seeds you'll find a small amount are chunky as hell and are basically typical Blockhead phenotypes. This made be rarer as the Blue Sonja is being inbred with the goal of becoming true to the phenotype.

All I can gather from Logic's post is that Steele edited a post because he didn't want to be compared to another breeder. I don't see how this reflects his seeds or the quality of his genetics. From what I can gather all that was said was someone noticed "twins" when germinating seed as he did previously with Subcool's JTR. I can only assume by twins he means some sort of dual embryo phenomenon or something not related to the quality of the genetics. Sounds like a fairly useless observation equally pointless to delete such an observation and quite pointless to weigh that against his character.

Invisiblemaryanne3087
Stranger
Trusted Cultivator
Re: unique strains? [Re: Harry_Ba11sach]
    #534507 - 03/08/11 02:30 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Harry_Ba11sach said:
Quote:

maryanne3087 said:
There's a strain called Blue Sonja done by Grindhouse Seeds and it's a sativa leaning phenotype of the Blockhead. Very nice, I can't wait to run 3+ packs of this and find the ultimate keeper.

I've got a pack of that :heart:

I'm going to be getting me some more my results were very consistent so I won't shy at the opportunity to grow out few more packs to find the one that shines above the rest. I have half a pack of Blockhead seeds back from whenever they were produced (2004?) if they germinate I might do a open pollination of the Blockheads and maybe some stellar Blue Sonja females.

Steele told me he's saving 200 packs or something for himself to sort through!? He claims he sold all he's willing to sell of the most recent generation (G3).

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #534509 - 03/08/11 03:00 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

I'm not just using that as my basis I'm also going by his rep here in the Cali area. You know the area he lives in and supposedly does his breeding in.

and there was a hell of a lot more to what Logic had to say then just that post. There was a reason his seeds were removed from their site and he was banned from there then just that post.

There's a reason he has to sell his gear in Sacramento. The worst clubs in the state by far.

but hey if it's on ICMag it must be true.

Quote:

if you run enough seeds you'll find a small amount are chunky as hell and are basically typical Blockhead phenotypes. This made be rarer as the Blue Sonja is being inbred with the goal of becoming true to the phenotype.

Have you grown Blockhead or just looking at pictures again? If you haven't grown the strain I can't really take what you say seriously.

For those interested true Blockhead clones are available at CARE in Oakland and the Grassroots in San Francisco. They are also often stocked at the Good Karma Farmers market every Fri and Sat in Lucerne (clear lake)

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

OfflineDungenessDank
Lord of the Flies

Loc: PNW
    #534562 - 03/08/11 07:38 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Thanks Magash, you the man :stoned:

Invisiblemaryanne3087
Stranger
Trusted Cultivator
    #534577 - 03/08/11 08:53 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

If he has a bad rep in California then I have nothing to say about that. If you go on to say he has a bad rep and was banned on this forum for whatever reason and I find little reason to believe your claim after reading posts to a thread you offered I'll be more than happy to point it out.

I've never cared to grow Blockhead before as I was growing outdoors up until recent years. However many of my friends have and still have clones all of which I've sampled and seen in the flesh. It was my friends who made observation of the Blockhead phenotypes. I do have original seeds too so if they pop I should have another female or two to compare to.

Blue Sonja isn't supposed to represent Blockhead anyways I was only trying to establish that the possibility of it being derived from Blockhead genes doesn't seem very far fetched to me and my friends.

Offlinedmtcorey
~The time police~
 User Gallery

Re: unique strains? [Re: RasJeph]
    #534593 - 03/08/11 09:46 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

RasJeph said:

:bigyesnod: ~save the cannabis world from being gangsterized~

--------------------
:whereismiddleman:

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #534603 - 03/08/11 10:25 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

If he has a bad rep in California then I have nothing to say about that. If you go on to say he has a bad rep and was banned on this forum for whatever reason and I find little reason to believe your claim after reading posts to a thread you offered I'll be more than happy to point it out.

As I said it was based on more then just the one post or thread and that thread was not the reason they pulled his seeds of there site like usual you start answering a post before you finish reading it.

Quote:

I do have original seeds too so if they pop I should have another female or two to compare to.

You should use them. Original Blockhead seeds must be getting old seeing how Steve has been in the wine business for going on 3 years now.

Quote:

Especially if you're willing to purchase Nirvana genetics.

Nice attempt at a insult (you are over 18 right?) but you like most people know that I grew those out as part of a post on low cost seeds and growing equipment for people that are low on cash and want to grow good bud without spending a ton of cash.

I'd also be willing to bet most people here would be willing to smoke this

and probably wouldn't care that it came from Nirvana.

Quote:

Blue Sonja isn't supposed to represent Blockhead anyways I was only trying to establish that the possibility of it being derived from Blockhead genes doesn't seem very far fetched to me and my friends.

Why did you even bring it up when people were talking about how they wanted blockhead not something derived from it that isn't suppose to represent the strain? Another case of a answer to a question nobody is asking.

What is Blue Sonja suppose to be then? (I'm asking here not being a smart ass)

A question asked of Steele
Quote:

I have some questions/clarifications cuz some of this stuff can be confusing haha.

If I understand you correctly what you have done so far is;

You received a pack of Blockhead seeds.

From these you had a single female (mom1) and you chose a nice male (dad1) and crossed them to make F2s.

You grew out F2s, found a male (dad2) you liked and backcrossed it with mom1 to make BX1 seeds.

You grew out BX1 seeds, found a male (dad3) you liked and backcrossed it with mom1 to make BX2 seeds.

Blue Sonja is the name of a Blockhead pheno based off mom1; ie original lone female

Tang Tang is the name of a 2nd Blockhead pheno based off what?

Were your F3s created with the same male (dad2) as the BX1 and a different female (mom2 ie female from F2 seed)?

You said "Daddy's selected from this girl for tha next installment in tha Blue Sonja line ". You mean you have chosen a male (dad3) from the F3 seeds? and will be using it how?

His answer
Quote:

Your correct on lineage up 'till tha
Tang Tang . She was found in our BX1 generation and gleaned from 'bout 80 seeds . A special girl that showed up about 1:20 . You are correct , tha F2 dads are tha same fathers that sired tha BX1 line . Tha new fathers used in tha line are from our F3 generation , with this we hope to improve upon tha finished taste , giving her a more Blue palate ; tha F3's were also a heavier yielder , however we chose males with a sativa profile keeping true to our end goal , quality head . I'm enjoying tha participation of y'all as well and happy to be able to share this great find .

What is he going for? (I'm actually asking here not being a smart ass) Something different then Blockhead using blockhead genetics?
and once he has found what he has been hunting for how will he get it to cross over into the seeds on a constant basis without making the strain a IBL? Remember the father plants are F3's.

Yeah I'm sure there would be some killer plants in there but there is gonna be a million different pheno's.

Last isn't he just doing what BOG did in a sense. Crossing blockhead into blockhead and giving it a new name? (BOG did this with bubblegum)
That's kind of the reason I don't make feminized Blockhead seeds. I would if I could reach Steve and ask him if it's cool to do but I haven't been able to get a message to him in a year in a half no matter which name I use. :shrug:

--------------------

OfflineSpaceMonkey
Mind Pilot
Male

Loc: Hawaiian Islands Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #534613 - 03/08/11 10:36 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

How about we get this thread back on course!
OP asked for unique strains not for a battle over blockhead!

--------------------

:guns: Don't Mistake My Kindness For Weakness :guns:

Invisibledouble
Diesel

Re: unique strains? [Re: SpaceMonkey]
    #534623 - 03/08/11 11:32 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

I miss the long lost thai buddha sticks... :sad:

Invisiblemaryanne3087
Stranger
Trusted Cultivator
    #534635 - 03/08/11 11:41 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

You saying Cali clubs won't carry his seeds doesn't so much as imply that he has a bad rep. If you want to imply such maybe you should just say he has a bad rep and for that clubs won't carry his seeds.

Quote:

Many clubs won't even carry their seeds and he's been blasted off of many forums for misrepresenting his seeds and for editing posts that claim his seeds are a awful lot like subcools strains.

All you stated was many clubs won't carry his seeds. The rest of your post I addressed as I read the posts in the thread and the edited quote was not bashing his seeds but merely a observation of some sort of "twin" phenomenon.

I can say this restaurant won't even carry Pepsi cola. You can not gather anything more from that statement other than the restaurant does not carry Pepsi cola without speculation.

Quote:

You should use them. Original Blockhead seeds must be getting old seeing how Steve has been in the wine business for going on 3 years now.

Apparently the last batch of Blockhead was in 2004 from Switzerland. So they're a bit older than 3 years unfortunately :frown: They were stored properly though (or so I'm told) so I have no doubt that they will all germinate.

Quote:

Nice attempt at a(an*) insult

No insult, I just think that they're also "quality" seeds and affordable.

Quote:

What is Blue Sonja suppose to be then? (I'm asking here not being a smart ass)

It's supposed to capture the sativa phenotype that Steele found in the Blockhead genepool as far as I know. He's not after a recreation of Blockhead.

Quote:

What is he going for?

Again, and as he stated his goal is to capture the sativa side of Blockhead.

You can inbred a strain and bred away from the typical expressions.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck