Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinejutfan
white widow lover

Re: need opinios, ill take any? this is my first time!!!!!!!! [Re: jutfan]
    #531310 - 02/27/11 06:28 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

new update

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinegrbrlt
Kenny fuckin' Powers

#531462 - 02/28/11 04:14 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

looking good couple more things keep your wok area clean and don't forget to flush, looks like you can see some salt build up on the pebbels, when you flush the root area pour some over the top of your pebbles, but your little plant looks really good. and if that is an air line running through your clay you might want to move it, it will become stuck in the roots later on and could cause unwanted issues.

Offlinejutfan
white widow lover

Re: need opinios, ill take any? this is my first time!!!!!!!! [Re: grbrlt]
    #531557 - 02/28/11 03:44 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

thanx for the respone and will do. and i do plan on flushing it today or tomorrow. itsalmost been two weeks.do i ever need to change the hydroton balls? and if i happen to want to move the air hose, what happens if i touch the roots is that bad. im just being extremly carful cause i dont want to lose my girls

Offlinegrbrlt
Kenny fuckin' Powers

#531570 - 02/28/11 05:48 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

use the clay balls till the end then just throw that shit away and buy more, you can reuse some of the clay balls over if you want but you need to rinse them well. touching the root is cool just be careful don't be rough with them, some will come off don't worry its cool they were most likely dead already. I change the bucket every week and have to grab the roots and place them in a new bucket of nutes', grab meaning lift from the bottom and taking the weight off the plant. Also if your using a bucket then you clay balls shouldn't be directly in the water only the roots if so lower the level a little, I never see salt build up when i go dwc the only thing splashing is the air stone and i use small ones and their on the bottom, but don't forget when you flush to pour some through the clay not just flush the roots hanging out.

Offlinejutfan
white widow lover

#531609 - 02/28/11 08:10 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

well do. yes for now i have them in a mini see threw 16 qt rubbermaid.
and they have about 2 to 3 good roots that you can see hangin. im waiting to see a bit more then ima put them in a 10 gall rubber maid container. thts why im waiting for more roots to show cause i dont plan on having the water up to the clay balls

Offlinegrbrlt
Kenny fuckin' Powers

#532315 - 03/02/11 04:14 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

a little what's up info what I do is see how far the pots set below the lid and drill a smll hole at that depth it will act as an overflow if you fill it up a little to far(i have overfilled and had the plant float up and fall out it makes a mess and makes you feel like a douche bag), and the hole is where I put the air line like 5/16" or so should be cool. also never use see through containers roots do not like light, again I use black buckets and black lids or get black duct tape and wrap it up, i have had success with white buckets but duct tape is cheap.

Offlinejutfan
white widow lover

#532926 - 03/03/11 08:38 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

apriciate the info. i didnt know that. you think its hirting the growth of the roots? plants still look great just curious about one doesnt have much growth of the other. but im thinking its cause the diff strain it is. but smells really dank!!!!!!! so cool im thinkin thts the baby white widow

Offlinegrbrlt
Kenny fuckin' Powers

#533109 - 03/04/11 05:12 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

As far as hurting the roots yes, light is more harmful than handeling the roots. I use a product called "Smart Pots" they are black cloth bags and what they do is air prune the roots when the roots grow through the bags, these bags work best on drip systems or starting a few clones for the outdoors the roots will grow through the bottom of the bag and into the ground. If you would like to keep using your setup just cover the res. plus after long exposure to light your going to get alge build up in the res. and then it's just more work cleaning everything out. Also you know when things are going great your babies would grow about 1/2 to 1" a day once the get through the seedling stage. so from the last pic you posted four days ago you should see about 2 to 4" of new growth, usually I get about 5 to 6" of growth a week, once they get about 18" it's time to flower, don't forget to take clones or you will have to start all over from seed this will save you a week or two of time and you know you have females.

Offlinelostinbq
!!!STARNGE!!!!

#533194 - 03/04/11 10:07 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

i will say i did like the way my plant grew in a dwc setup. grew nice and fast compared to dirt.i would get a nice 3 in of growth all around my plant cos i used lst so i had a lot of growth tips. maby if i did not lst i would have gotten 6-5 in a week,

--------------------
Everyone are you ready for doom,
Because I've blackened the sun,
And I've bloodied the moon.
I bring gloom when I step in the room,
With the fumes of a tomb.
flowers bloom when Im taken away
:rofldrunk:

Offlinejutfan
white widow lover

Re: need opinios, ill take any? this is my first time!!!!!!!! [Re: lostinbq]
    #533216 - 03/04/11 01:02 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

nice nice yeah im dif going to get some duck tape today. for the future an for now. but yeas i do plan on doing cloneing theze beautiful white widow. my next harvest well be the BIG ONE lol. i do have another question though. is there any way i can tell if one of my plants is male? i droped one afgan seed an it wasnts feminized . so i just whats to try n find out so i can throw it AWAY!! an i am seeing good growth. i well update a pic tonight but gotta head bck to my bunk ass day job

Offlinelostinbq
!!!STARNGE!!!!

#533229 - 03/04/11 02:07 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

time will tell is the only answer on the sexing, weather it grows balls with a stump or an attached calyix or what not. normally around 30 days of growth is when you can start to tell.

--------------------

Offlinejutfan
white widow lover

#533809 - 03/06/11 11:39 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

hey yall heres a new update from the other day ago

Offlinejutfan
white widow lover

#533810 - 03/06/11 11:44 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

hey yall i do have a question my female to the bottom left is turned where the leave is not horizontal its vertical striaght, im thinking its maybe cause i left the fan on an closed the door? they stilll look healthy, an the one to the up right is looking like its telling my something just kinda droopy lookin, they are all diffrent strains, an maybe thats why. well updae the pics when my email recieves it from my cell

Offlinelostinbq
!!!STARNGE!!!!

#533820 - 03/06/11 12:06 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

if the fan is blowing strait on them i have found out the leaves will move to compensate or so to say. they don't like a constant breeze and will try to correct itself like when you are sleeping and it is hot and you move around a lil to find the cold spot. other than that if that is the cause there should be no worries. otherwise looking good. you should still try and get that air hose out of the net pot tho.

edit: hows a pic of the roots on them? that lone 1 looks like it needs to be buried better under the hydroton.

--------------------

Edited by lostinbq (03/06/11 12:09 PM)

Offlinejutfan
white widow lover

#533888 - 03/06/11 01:18 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

yeah last night i got drunk an forgot to turn my fan off i have in the closet right in front of the door, so i was airing it out, an i shut the door without turning it offf. mistake on me. but i thought the leaves turn tht way cause of tht,

Offlinelostinbq
!!!STARNGE!!!!

#533899 - 03/06/11 01:37 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

i just lst'd my 1 plant 2 days ago and the leaves warped to catch the light. it is funny cous of the way it is. my camera is dead but i will get a pic tonight and show ya how it looks after the battery charges.

--------------------

Offlinejutfan
white widow lover

#534047 - 03/06/11 08:42 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

lol yeaah i lead to that conclusion too.the are back to normal an no longer vertical

Offlinejutfan
white widow lover

#534187 - 03/07/11 06:17 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

new update

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom