Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco All-in-One Grow Bags   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineIngrimus
Stranger

Rancid/Spoiled/Mold/Etc. Cannabutter.....Wat do?
    #503530 - 12/06/10 08:14 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

So AFOAF was gifted with some nice green butter a while back, and let it sit in the fridge for a few months; now it smells a bit off and has a bit of mold on a corner.

They could probably cook with it (possibly get the shits and some cramps but overall not really have a horrible time); but they'd like to know if they could extract the thc/etc. back out and into new butter or oil/drinking alchohol/other solvents/etc. to make new butter/green dragon/oil/etc. and what the process would be for doing so.

Sorry to drop this as my first post, I'm a shroomery member just haven't been signed up to a marijuana forum since overgrow xD

So Hi! Love to get a reply cause well...throwing out shiny green gold is just wrong!

(remember kids, always make your greenutbutter cookies before it's too late! :themoreyouknow:)

TIA, love n peace :peace:

Sorry if this is in the wrong area btw, Didn't really know if this was suitable for the hash section due to the butter.

Edited by Ingrimus (12/06/10 08:20 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleLaysthepipe
Vivi Sex Symbol
 User Gallery

Loc: KOREA
Re: Rancid/Spoiled/Mold/Etc. Cannabutter.....Wat do? [Re: Ingrimus]
    #503570 - 12/06/10 11:29 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Wouldn't try to extract from the mold.

Would remove all of the moldy parts then try to salvage what is left.

--------------------
:advisory:

“If you want to find out who your real friends are, sink the ship. The first ones to jump aren’t your friends.” — Marilyn Manson

This isn't the correct place to confront me on anything.

Forum full of dead stars, and a necro I called Coma White

Invisiblemhbound
Ballin out at all cost
Male User Gallery

Loc: High Flag
Re: Rancid/Spoiled/Mold/Etc. Cannabutter.....Wat do? [Re: Laysthepipe]
    #503599 - 12/07/10 07:03 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

yea im with him, the only thing i can possibly think of is to do that, and then to maybe re-melt the butter and bring to i minor simmer to kill all of the shit that might be growing inside the butter...maybe not kill you dont want to get it that hot but cleanse some of it i guess is the word.

ive never done it before but i see no reason it wouldn't work..work in the sense that in the end you will at least have your butter..not sure if re-melting it will clean it.

anyway, i'd just be careful and try to go around the mold. well personally i wouldn't eat it, but if you are i'd try doing something to filter it as much as possible........that cleansing being re-melting it and letting some of the mold be absorbed back in to the warrrter.

--------------------
Suck my balls America

InvisibleLaysthepipe
Vivi Sex Symbol
 User Gallery

Re: Rancid/Spoiled/Mold/Etc. Cannabutter.....Wat do? [Re: mhbound]
    #503663 - 12/07/10 03:15 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

mhbound said:
yea im with him, the only thing i can possibly think of is to do that, and then to maybe re-melt the butter and bring to i minor simmer to kill all of the shit that might be growing inside the butter...maybe not kill you dont want to get it that hot but cleanse some of it i guess is the word.

ive never done it before but i see no reason it wouldn't work..work in the sense that in the end you will at least have your butter..not sure if re-melting it will clean it.

anyway, i'd just be careful and try to go around the mold. well personally i wouldn't eat it, but if you are i'd try doing something to filter it as much as possible........that cleansing being re-melting it and letting some of the mold be absorbed back in to the warrrter.

I had a similar conversation on the shroomery a few years ago not about hash it was totally different.

In the end the answer was that, you can kill the mold, but that will not kill the mycotoxins (assuming this mold is mold to be worried about) though.

Just something to keep in mind when on topic of molds.

--------------------

“If you want to find out who your real friends are, sink the ship. The first ones to jump aren’t your friends.” — Marilyn Manson

OfflineIngrimus
Stranger

#503779 - 12/07/10 09:45 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Thanks for the replies!

Yea I figured around that sorta thing, with the whole mold thing going on, it might not be so good.

I personally have eaten butter that went bad after I scraped a layer off so I don't know; They're not overly concerned about the matter from the herb causing extra mold, though that's probably incredibly likely.

I'm thinking they might get some cramping/gas/etc.

Breathing it is obviously not good, so they'll avoid that.

See how it goes from here, it's hard to throw out a lb. of tasty butter; I can understand that.

Invisiblemhbound
Ballin out at all cost
Male User Gallery

Loc: High Flag
Re: Rancid/Spoiled/Mold/Etc. Cannabutter.....Wat do? [Re: Ingrimus]
    #503882 - 12/08/10 08:48 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Yea it is. You see people doing this sort of thing all the time and the most that really ever comes of it is like you said some gas and maybe an upset stomach.

But if you do a little work to it I think it will be fine......Without being there to eye it out that is.

--------------------
Suck my balls America

InvisibleLaysthepipe
Vivi Sex Symbol
 User Gallery

Re: Rancid/Spoiled/Mold/Etc. Cannabutter.....Wat do? [Re: mhbound]
    #503889 - 12/08/10 08:59 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

mhbound said:
Yea it is. You see people doing this sort of thing all the time and the most that really ever comes of it is like you said some gas and maybe an upset stomach.

But if you do a little work to it I think it will be fine......Without being there to eye it out that is.

Yea, pics would be great. Or at least tell us what kind of mold it is, I think the main fears are green and black molds.

Also, scraping the top/side layers of the butter would be ideal. Gotta remember mold shoots spores around like mushrooms do. Remove all the mold & spores, and I would say you wouldn't even get a stomach ache.

--------------------

Offlinedebianlinux

Folding@home Statistics
    #504029 - 12/08/10 06:03 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Scrape the surface.
Freeze the remaining butter.
Freezing keeps butter pretty much indefinitely.
Freeze inside a glass jar.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco All-in-One Grow Bags   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder