Home | Community | Message Board

Royal Queen Seeds Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
OfflineScraps
Male

Loc: that shady alley
Re: North Korea [Re: 13eetleJuice]
    #501366 - 11/28/10 04:53 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

13eetleJuice said:

:rofl2:

got me 2

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePicklez
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: North Korea [Re: Sir Smokes A-Lot]
    #501375 - 11/28/10 07:50 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Meh, there is always someone waiting for that next big national disaster to somehow try and blame the government and if its a natural disaster, blame their response.

Do I disagree with the war in Iraq, maybe, maybe not.. In the long run I think every one agrees it is going to be better off. Sadaam Hussien was a fucking ruthless dictator.

I do however think that our occupation and flexing of the muscle after those attacks, has made the entire world safer. There have been multiple foiled plots here in the US alone where intelligence won. It has also shown smaller countries that they must be proactive in fighting terrorism and if they are incapable of shutting down major terrorist cells within their own borders then we will do it for them. And none of them want that.

I love the media. They are really hyping this thing up right now. "Pretext of war"  and "state of ultra-emergency." The world definitely doesnt need another war. Especially over a psycho and his ego. Unless he decides to kill some more innocent S. Koreans then at that point he's dug his own grave

OfflineTHEBats
The Bridge Master
Male

Re: North Korea [Re: Picklez]
    #501484 - 11/28/10 04:35 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

KillerPicklez said:
Meh, there is always someone waiting for that next big national disaster to somehow try and blame the government and if its a natural disaster, blame their response.

Do I disagree with the war in Iraq, maybe, maybe not.. In the long run I think every one agrees it is going to be better off. Sadaam Hussien was a fucking ruthless dictator.

I do however think that our occupation and flexing of the muscle after those attacks, has made the entire world safer. There have been multiple foiled plots here in the US alone where intelligence won. It has also shown smaller countries that they must be proactive in fighting terrorism and if they are incapable of shutting down major terrorist cells within their own borders then we will do it for them. And none of them want that.

I love the media. They are really hyping this thing up right now. "Pretext of war"  and "state of ultra-emergency." The world definitely doesnt need another war. Especially over a psycho and his ego. Unless he decides to kill some more innocent S. Koreans then at that point he's dug his own grave

I think it's poor to argue that the end result is worth the means.  Our invasion into Iraq led to a surge of the insurgency and al queada in Iraq.  There was no significant presence of al queada prior to our invasion, following and during the occupation is where you see the insurgency rise up.  Prior to this, we were mainly fighting Iraqi military, not insurgents or terrorists.

Also safety is not worth the cost of freedom.  North Korea doesn't have a problem with terrorists either, because they're a totalitarian dictatorship.  They don't have to worry about individual rights, the security of the state is of most importance.

--------------------
kickin-two-hundo said:
you know what i did in english class? I came to class stoned out of my mind every day, i chugged vodka in the back of class, i put dead fish in the ceiling tiles. i put a gallon of old milk and orange juice in the file cabinet before winter vacation. i brought snakes in a tied up sweater and let them loose during class. i didnt go to school to learn, i went because i had to. i didnt care, and i didn't fucking listen to that stupid bitch. and i still don't fucking care. i tore the pages out of her books and burned them, and threw away all the books in the class, two books per day.  :twobooks:

OfflinePicklez
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: North Korea [Re: THEBats]
    #501489 - 11/28/10 04:40 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Sure you have people who supported the previous regime who promoted genocide, rape, and just about everything else evil

Like I said, I'm not sure I agree with the insurgency but I do think it will do Iraq a lot of good in the long run.

Didnt you post that documentary "Heavy Metal in Baghdad"

OfflineTHEBats
The Bridge Master
Male

#501492 - 11/28/10 04:45 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Well I'm not even talking about the previous regime being better, more that our route to topple it resulted in hundreds of thousands of civilian casualties. Also remember in the movie, even though we had control there were still restrictions on dress and hair length.

For a little  while things were better, but in the long run our occupation has drawn the insurgents from all around into Iraq.

--------------------
kickin-two-hundo said:
you know what i did in english class? I came to class stoned out of my mind every day, i chugged vodka in the back of class, i put dead fish in the ceiling tiles. i put a gallon of old milk and orange juice in the file cabinet before winter vacation. i brought snakes in a tied up sweater and let them loose during class. i didnt go to school to learn, i went because i had to. i didnt care, and i didn't fucking listen to that stupid bitch. and i still don't fucking care. i tore the pages out of her books and burned them, and threw away all the books in the class, two books per day.  :twobooks:

Edited by THEBats (11/28/10 04:46 PM)

OfflinePicklez
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #501494 - 11/28/10 04:48 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

I guess it's hard to describe living in oppression to people with such great liberties.

Iraq will undoubtedly be better in the long run.

OfflineTHEBats
The Bridge Master
Male

#501498 - 11/28/10 04:59 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Again, not what I was arguing.  Will it be better than before? Eventually yes.  Did our route to obtaining such result in thousands of unnecessary deaths and create a refugee crisis in Syria?

Also it's more that I see any compromise of liberty to be a slap in the face of everything this country was founded upon.

--------------------
kickin-two-hundo said:

Edited by THEBats (11/28/10 05:49 PM)

Invisiblepsyberpunk
Lunatic

Loc: Behind a Pipe
    #501597 - 11/29/10 08:11 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Unlike Iraq, I believe North Koreans would actually greet the United States as liberators. They're not idiots. The few of them that catch a glimpse of the outside world know that Kim is lying even more to them than our leaders are to us. His people are hungry. They have no food. Anyone who brings them some fucking food will probably be considered a friend.

Plus North Korea is dying to have crappy consumerist music videos like South Korea:

OfflinePicklez
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: North Korea [Re: psyberpunk]
    #501680 - 11/29/10 03:35 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

I agree. But I think Iraq is better without Sadaam.

Invisiblepsyberpunk
Lunatic

#501683 - 11/29/10 03:52 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

So what? The shittiness of Saddam Hussein was none of our fuckin' business. Not our country. Didn't have WMDs. Wasn't involved in 9/11. So let Iraq have their fucking dictator. Who gives a fuck? No one gives a fuck but the oil companies who want to steal the oil from Iraqi people to continue their wars elsewhere.

Edited by psyberpunk (11/30/10 01:14 AM)

OfflinePicklez
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #501689 - 11/29/10 04:12 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Hindsight is 20/20. A lot of countries thought Iraq had WMD's. Hussien always talked tough and had already tested toxins weapons on his own people.

Iraq accounts for a very small portion of our oil supply. Canada supplies 5x as much oil than Iraq does. Canada, Nigeria, Mexico, Venezuela, and Saudi Arabia are really our big oil countries.

Invisiblepsyberpunk
Lunatic

#501690 - 11/29/10 04:13 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

So if we're seeing in 20/20 now...

...why does it continue every day?

100,000 Iraqi civilians estimated dead due to the conflict.

Edited by psyberpunk (11/29/10 04:14 PM)

OfflinePicklez
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #501691 - 11/29/10 04:16 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

because leaving right now would be irresponsible, would result in instability and result in even more civilian causalities. Iraq has come a long way over the past 5 years

Where are you getting your numbers? Plus, how many of those were US caused?

Invisiblepsyberpunk
Lunatic

#501692 - 11/29/10 04:17 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Yeah. Don't stop believing. :rolleyes:

Invisiblepsyberpunk
Lunatic

#501693 - 11/29/10 04:21 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Whichever figures you want to believe, all of them are at the level of atrocity:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casualties_of_the_Iraq_War

To continue your attempt to justify this murder of innocent civilians is callous at best, sadistic at worst.

Invisibleltd
 User Gallery

#501694 - 11/29/10 04:39 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

What's all this nonsense about civilian deaths?

Humans are scum, walking breathing viruses.

The world would be a better place if everyone killed themselves.

:obama:

Invisiblepsyberpunk
Lunatic

Re: North Korea [Re: ltd]
    #501697 - 11/29/10 05:04 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

I waiver between compassion and misanthropy myself. :sad:

InvisibleFarBeyondDriven
Truthfully, I'm a bullshitter
Male User Gallery

Loc: Greenbow, Alabama
Re: North Korea [Re: ltd]
    #501731 - 11/29/10 08:03 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

ltd said:
What's all this nonsense about civilian deaths?

Humans are scum, walking breathing viruses.

The world would be a better place if everyone killed themselves.

:obama:

Now THAT is the solution. :lol:  Ok everyone, on 3...:suicide:

--------------------

Invisiblepsyberpunk
Lunatic

Re: North Korea [Re: FarBeyondDriven]
    #501765 - 11/29/10 10:34 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

I'd do it, but I don't trust the rest of you to do it.

I'm not going out unless I can take the rest of you with me. :crazy2:

OfflineKing Koopa
Natty
 User Gallery

#590090 - 10/03/11 04:12 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

KillerPicklez said:
Shit about to hit the fan?

If the south doesn't retaliate in some manner they make themselves look like pussies. the USS George Washington carrier is now on stand-by

This is the reason many people do not want Iran to have nuclear weapons.

This shit is going to be nuts

--------------------
Alcoholics Anonymous is a fellowship of men and women who share their experience, strength and hope with each other that they may solve their common problem and help others to recover from alcoholism.

The only requirement for membership is a desire to stop drinking. There are no dues or fees for A.A. membership; we are self-supporting through our own contributions. A.A. is not allied with any sect, denomination, politics, organization or institution; does not wish to engage in any controversy; neither endorses nor opposes any causes. Our primary purpose is to stay sober and help other alcoholics to achieve sobriety.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom