Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineShaggy420
Male

Re: I think the law for everything should be 16 [Re: Tangerines]
    #499219 - 11/18/10 04:34 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

:rofl:

--------------------

:Awemush::happyweed::fasted::happyweed::Awemush:

http://www.clear-uk.org/

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleShr0000ooooms
Cannabis Sampler

Loc: Hindu Kush Mountains
Re: I think the law for everything should be 16 [Re: Shaggy420]
    #499228 - 11/18/10 05:01 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

im pretty sure oral sex and anal illegal in VA

--------------------
If I'm posting I'm high.

OfflineShaggy420
Male

Re: I think the law for everything should be 16 [Re: Shr0000ooooms]
    #499231 - 11/18/10 05:07 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

oral sex is illegal? you serious :lol:

how can anyone take the law seriously when dumb laws like that exist :facepalm:

--------------------

:Awemush::happyweed::fasted::happyweed::Awemush:

http://www.clear-uk.org/

OfflineTHEBats
The Bridge Master
Male

#499232 - 11/18/10 05:10 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

most states have laws still on the books that makes every position other than missionary illegal.

and I think it would be stupid to allow 16yr olds to drink, at least hard alcohol.

--------------------
kickin-two-hundo said:
you know what i did in english class? I came to class stoned out of my mind every day, i chugged vodka in the back of class, i put dead fish in the ceiling tiles. i put a gallon of old milk and orange juice in the file cabinet before winter vacation. i brought snakes in a tied up sweater and let them loose during class. i didnt go to school to learn, i went because i had to. i didnt care, and i didn't fucking listen to that stupid bitch. and i still don't fucking care. i tore the pages out of her books and burned them, and threw away all the books in the class, two books per day.  :twobooks:

Offlinejkell
Midnight toker

Loc: Don' worry bout it
Re: I think the law for everything should be 16 [Re: THEBats]
    #499249 - 11/18/10 06:14 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Yeah alot of the 13 original  colonies have laws like that on the books still back from the really strict quakers or w/e

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Star Flag
    #499250 - 11/18/10 06:15 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Tina said:
when i was sixteen i wanted everythin g to be legal then too. not now! very thankful its not!

Exactly, you can tell how young he is by what he is advocating.  I think 21 is a good age, no one is fully mature by 18 IMO...

Quote:

TrippyStoner420 said:
oral sex is illegal? you serious :lol:

how can anyone take the law seriously when dumb laws like that exist :facepalm:

Yes, Oral sex is illegal in a lot of regions.

--------------------
Don't criticize what you can't understand

OfflineFRACTALife
Rust Fuckin' Cohle
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Carcosa Flag
Re: I think the law for everything should be 16 [Re: Shr0000ooooms]
    #499260 - 11/18/10 06:45 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Shr0000ooooms said:
I think you should be able to drink at the age of 16.

Have sex at age 16.

Smoke weed or do drugs at age 16. Although I think cocaine and heroin should be saved until you're 18 years of age.

And drink at age 16.

Only thing you shouldn't be able to do, imo, is go to the army at age 16, that should be saved for 18 years of age.

What do you think?

I remember when I was still tried to think of reasonable laws... Ah, nostalgia.

--------------------

Offlinejkell
Midnight toker

Re: I think the law for everything should be 16 [Re: Inverted]
    #499284 - 11/18/10 08:13 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Inverted said:
Exactly, you can tell how young he is by what he is advocating.  I think 21 is a good age, no one is fully mature by 18 IMO...

Being the oldest of 4 I definitely agree with this

OfflineAkava
Future Legend
Female

Loc: Finland
Re: I think the law for everything should be 16 [Re: jkell]
    #499339 - 11/19/10 04:22 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

I don't believe it is actually anywhere illegal if two 13-14 years old kids are having sex together. I mean, what could possible be wrong there? They are anyway so innocent in that age, there's nothing serious and no-one would be forcing the other one, just having fun together, getting to know the opposite sex...

I think voting should be allowed at the age of 16 if not even 15. In that age kids are already aware about the society and what's happening there. And if at that age they got the chance to do something about that, I think they'd be more active citizens when adults.

Offlinejkell
Midnight toker

Re: I think the law for everything should be 16 [Re: Akava]
    #499342 - 11/19/10 04:32 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Dude I'm twenty and I still think I barely know enough to make an informed decision to vote, you think 15-16 year olds know enough about politics, the economy, international matters, etc to make an informed decision? Seriously? You must know some damn mature 10th graders...

OfflineAkava
Future Legend
Female

Loc: Finland
Re: I think the law for everything should be 16 [Re: jkell]
    #499344 - 11/19/10 05:03 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Well, I'm 27 now and if I think myself 10 years back I was much more "able" to vote than now. Now I have kids and work and everything, my life is somehow getting so small-circled, couldn't care less whatever is happening outside my house :shrug:.

I also feel that young people want to find out more information from different sources and not just reading one newspaper and taking that as a complete truth.

OfflineRasJeph
Psycho Pete
Male

Loc: Bumfuckt Egypt
Re: I think the law for everything should be 16 [Re: Inverted]
    #499346 - 11/19/10 05:40 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Inverted said:
Quote:

Tina said:
when i was sixteen i wanted everythin g to be legal then too. not now! very thankful its not!

True, however I think things should be legal at 18 because the majority of people are still living with their parents at 18. If its legal at 18, they can learn from their parents. Its much better for kids to drink at home in a safe environment and learn their limits before they get turned loose and go drink themselves to death at some college party.

Just :2cents: though. Maybe its because I'm still 20 and its killing me that I can't order a beer when I go places by myself.

Edit: I just re-read that and it sounds like a really slow person wrote it. Fuck being awake at 7:00.

--------------------
Of course it's happening inside your head.
Why should that mean it isn't real?

Edited by RasJeph (11/19/10 05:41 AM)

InvisibleT-Rex
Herbsman
Male User Gallery

Loc: Devils Marbles Flag
Re: I think the law for everything should be 16 [Re: RasJeph]
    #499355 - 11/19/10 06:44 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Everything in Australia is legal when your 18. The cops crack down hard on everything when it comes to under 18's because they hate everything to do with kids, if your even caught with spray paint in your bag, unused when your under 18 you're fined on the spot.

As soon as your 18 in Aus you can drive, drink and smoke, all at once, it can be a bit too much for some people and they just end up killing themselves

--------------------

OfflineEshu
God of Earth

Re: I think the law for everything should be 16 [Re: RasJeph]
    #499401 - 11/19/10 11:15 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

RasJeph said:
Quote:

Inverted said:
Quote:

Tina said:

True, however I think things should be legal at 18 because the majority of people are still living with their parents at 18. If its legal at 18, they can learn from their parents. Its much better for kids to drink at home in a safe environment and learn their limits before they get turned loose and go drink themselves to death at some college party.

Just :2cents: though. Maybe its because I'm still 20 and its killing me that I can't order a beer when I go places by myself.

Edit: I just re-read that and it sounds like a really slow person wrote it. Fuck being awake at 7:00.

I agree with that. If you're going to alter your body/mind, I think it would be ideal to be able to do it at home first.
A lot of shit can go wrong if you get drunk or whatever for the first time away from home.
18 Should be the age.

But also, I think it really depends on the person. My cousin is 22 and when she gets drunk she acts 12. I'm 19 and when I get drunk, I just chill. Sit back in a chair, and chill.

Maybe there should be a test! Like when you go to the DMV to take a test to get your permit! There should be a "Are you ready to get shit faced test"

lol

--------------------
Roses are red, violets are blue, I'm schizophrenic, and so am I.
Oscar Levant
:durrhurr:

OfflineFar Stox
Higher Education

Loc: Flag
Re: I think the law for everything should be 16 [Re: Akava]
    #499458 - 11/19/10 03:01 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Akava said:
I also feel that young people want to find out more information from different sources and not just reading one newspaper and taking that as a complete truth.

I disagree. Young people tend to reflect most, if not all, of the same political views as their parents. Kids look up to their parents for the most part. (I know, some people grow up in fucked up environments) And it only makes sense that they would grow up hearing their parent's views on politics and such. Kids are still naive, and people way older are too, so  I don't doubt that they would probably get their news from a constant source and believe in that one absolute truth.

As much as I would like to see the drinking age lowered, being one of those that would benefit from it, simultaneously granting the gifts of driving and beer/wine to 16 year olds doesn't sound even the least bit intelligent. I'm not saying all of them are going to drink and drive, but the stupid ones would be a lot easier to identify.

--------------------
"When I awaken,
The first thing on my mind,
A little bit of cornflakes,
And a blunt that's all mine."-PUTS

OfflineTangerines
Grease Wizard
Male

Re: I think the law for everything should be 16 [Re: Far Stox]
    #499459 - 11/19/10 03:06 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Let me ask this question.  What is so inherently different in our country that would make a lower drinking age a terrible idea but in many, many other countries it causes no extra issues?

Sure we are a culture of indulgence, that is a given, but I don't think it would make that much of a difference.  I am rather certain that if the drinking age was lowered that ther would be a brief influx of alcohol related accidents for a transitional period.  Once that novelty wore off though I think it would even out.

OfflineFar Stox
Higher Education

#499460 - 11/19/10 03:12 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Tangerines said:
Once that novelty wore off though I think it would even out.

I think that sounds like a pretty logical outcome, but I still remain skeptical on how long it might take for our culture to change the mindset on over-indulgence. I suppose it could be possible for the country to handle a change like that, but now is not the right time for it.

--------------------
"When I awaken,
The first thing on my mind,
A little bit of cornflakes,
And a blunt that's all mine."-PUTS

InvisibleCrayolaHalls
Dreams of Oceans
Male

#499471 - 11/19/10 05:20 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Tangerines said:
Let me ask this question.  What is so inherently different in our country that would make a lower drinking age a terrible idea but in many, many other countries it causes no extra issues?

Sure we are a culture of indulgence, that is a given, but I don't think it would make that much of a difference.  I am rather certain that if the drinking age was lowered that ther would be a brief influx of alcohol related accidents for a transitional period.  Once that novelty wore off though I think it would even out.

American teenagers are infantile by design. Youth is artificially preserved in America at the expense of teaching responsibility and respect.

--------------------
I am not a cannabis grower.  I find the cannabis growers to be the most open to experimenting and sharing out of all of the different botany groups I enjoy.  I frequently use the suggestions that I find to apply to own organic gardening and food production.

OfflineKing Koopa
Natty
 User Gallery

Re: I think the law for everything should be 16 [Re: CrayolaHalls]
    #499486 - 11/19/10 07:27 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

CrayolaHalls said:
Quote:

Tangerines said:

American teenagers are infantile by design. Youth is artificially preserved in America at the expense of teaching responsibility and respect.

what the fuck are you talking about

--------------------
Alcoholics Anonymous is a fellowship of men and women who share their experience, strength and hope with each other that they may solve their common problem and help others to recover from alcoholism.

The only requirement for membership is a desire to stop drinking. There are no dues or fees for A.A. membership; we are self-supporting through our own contributions. A.A. is not allied with any sect, denomination, politics, organization or institution; does not wish to engage in any controversy; neither endorses nor opposes any causes. Our primary purpose is to stay sober and help other alcoholics to achieve sobriety.

OfflineSir Smokes A-Lot
friend of the aliens
Male

Re: I think the law for everything should be 16 [Re: King Koopa]
    #499525 - 11/19/10 09:37 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

I think there should be no laws deciding which drugs people can use and at what age they should use them. That should be left up to the person and their parents.

--------------------
"Everybody seems to think I'm lazy
I don't mind, I think they're crazy
Running everywhere at such a speed
Till they find, there's no need"
Beatles song

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder