Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Cultivation Supplies, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: critique my noobness [Re: maryanne3087]
    #499595 - 11/20/10 05:42 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

You know it looks like when you over feed with regular nutrients. The leaves will curl up badly and very fast. You spray right before the lights go out and if you over did it you'll know by the time the lights turn back on. Now like I was saying the leaves will curl but they don't burn (as far as I know. I may not have gone high enough to burn them) After doing a little research I'm leaning toward some kind of cytokinin mix in the stuff. Auxins would cause to much stretching and it doesn't seem to do that at all.

Like I said I'm no fan of Advanced Nutrients but this one product I'll do commercials for.

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisiblePandor

Re: critique my noobness [Re: Magash]
    #499678 - 11/20/10 02:52 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

So far what I am thinking from what I've gotten from this actual discussion is as follows:

I should definitely start with just one room then keep adding more equipment/upgrading as I go.

I should probably buy one either 400 or 600 watt bulb and grow a few plants as a trial run. Is this better then buying one 1000 watt bulb? I was thinking I can just add another 400 or 600 watt bulb next to the first one and cover more surface area and grow more smaller plants as opposed to bigger plants.

Am I on the right track?

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: critique my noobness [Re: Pandor]
    #499679 - 11/20/10 02:56 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Yeah you seem to be on the right track but realize one thing. Once you get sucked in it never stops. There is always something coming to mind that you can do to improve the garden. :awedance:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #499688 - 11/20/10 03:40 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

. I did a quick google search and found a label for VHO saying it's derived from Ammonium Nitrate and Potassium Nitrate

Looks like this is spot on according to the MSDS sheet on VHO. I have no idea why the stuff works so well.

--------------------

Invisiblemaryanne3087
Stranger
Trusted Cultivator
    #499697 - 11/20/10 04:04 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Maybe it doesn't work as well as you think it does and you just haven't used a foliage spray that works as well as it could. There's a hydroponics shop nearby my friend owns that has a stock of AN in the basement they don't sell maybe there's some VHO kicking around if there is I'd love to test it vs my own foliage sprays. I have like 50L of Barricade I bought for a steal.

It might sound like shit talking AN hating but the Ammonium Nitrate and Potassium Nitrate are NOT what is making this product work, whatever is in the product would work better if the nutrients had a lower POD. As this isn't your first rodeo and I can only assume this VHO stuff is actually good there must be PGRs/hormones in it.

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #499724 - 11/20/10 06:34 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Yeah I'm thinking the same thing. When I questioned the guy at AN about it (I called their headquarters) he flipped out so I think there is some kind of hormone thing going on.

--------------------

Invisiblemaryanne3087
Stranger
Trusted Cultivator
    #499752 - 11/20/10 07:39 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

I haven't really cared to confront any nutrient companies about the products they sell which are either formulated by a child or obviously mislabeled.

I called GH before to ask about why they being such a massive and wealthy company don't spend the $30 000 or whatever it costs to get OMRI certified or any sort of organic certification and they told me it wasn't about the money but they just feel the certification doesn't make the nutrients any more valuable...

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #499762 - 11/20/10 07:56 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

--------------------

Invisiblemaryanne3087
Stranger
Trusted Cultivator
    #499763 - 11/20/10 08:04 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Magash said:

Is Alg-A-Mic still produced by GH in the states? AFAIK, it's produced by Bio-Bizz and the companies are completely separate now.

I called GH about their General Organics line.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Cultivation Supplies, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds