Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinespacemonkey69
Trusted Vaporizer

Loc: Flag
Vapor Question
    #498191 - 11/15/10 09:03 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

If it's not smoke, then why do individuals still cough on big tokes on milky vape?

--------------------
[quote]
“You see this glass bong?” asks Achaan Chaa, the Thai meditation master. “For me this glass is already broken. I enjoy it; I smoke out of it. It holds my water admirably, sometimes even reflecting the sun in beautiful patterns. If I should tap it, it has a lovely ring to it. But when I put this glass bong on the shelf and the wind knocks it over or my elbow brushes it off the table and it falls to the ground and shatters, I say, ‘Of course.’ When I understand that the glass is already broken, every moment with it is precious.”[/quote]

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMR.HEADY
PorchMonkey
 User Gallery

Loc: Toothless acres . West Vi...
Re: Vapor Question [Re: spacemonkey69]
    #498203 - 11/15/10 09:30 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

damn i want a vaporizer to try . I have never used one it would be nice to get high without the smoke  .. I see on ebay they have imitation vapor bros for 40 bucks ? maybe ill order one today

--------------------
[quote]FarBeyondDriven said:
Anybody ever tell you you're the result of a broken prophylactic in the back seat of a 74 Mercury?[/quote]

Offlinespacemonkey69
Trusted Vaporizer

Re: Vapor Question [Re: MR.HEADY]
    #498205 - 11/15/10 09:35 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

It's a great investment.  I highly recommend it. :vaped:

--------------------
[quote]
“You see this glass bong?” asks Achaan Chaa, the Thai meditation master. “For me this glass is already broken. I enjoy it; I smoke out of it. It holds my water admirably, sometimes even reflecting the sun in beautiful patterns. If I should tap it, it has a lovely ring to it. But when I put this glass bong on the shelf and the wind knocks it over or my elbow brushes it off the table and it falls to the ground and shatters, I say, ‘Of course.’ When I understand that the glass is already broken, every moment with it is precious.”[/quote]

OfflineChillWillis
old school fool

#498217 - 11/15/10 11:13 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

spacemonkey69 said:
If it's not smoke, then why do individuals still cough on big tokes on milky vape?

vapor in general is like a respiratory irritant, especially in big hits when the vapor is dense.. the irritation is easily removed by sipping on a drink
that vapor is just really dry air as a result of the high temperatures required to vaporize the THC

--------------------

It's not a war on drugs, it's a war on personal freedom.

OfflineNobodyImportant
Science Is Subculture
Male User Gallery

Loc: Jawjuh.
Re: Vapor Question [Re: ChillWillis]
    #498231 - 11/15/10 12:28 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

ChillWillis said:
Quote:

spacemonkey69 said:

vapor in general is like a respiratory irritant, especially in big hits when the vapor is dense.. the irritation is easily removed by sipping on a drink
that vapor is just really dry air as a result of the high temperatures required to vaporize the THC

exactly :awesome:

--------------------
:bonghit:
Glass By: US Tubes, ZOB, Roor.de, Sheldon Black, Jerome Baker, Medicali, Kennaroo, Sand, Alex K, Local and Unknown Artists

InvisibleiStoner
Astral Beast
Male

Re: Vapor Question [Re: NobodyImportant]
    #498238 - 11/15/10 02:52 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

i always thought of it as, its just so pure, and smooth that your getting more of it, so it hurts your lungs.
that dudes right though.

--------------------

Invisibleniteowl
GrandPaw
Male User Gallery

Re: Vapor Question [Re: iStoner]
    #498284 - 11/15/10 06:44 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

iStoner said:
i always thought of it as, its just so pure, and smooth that your getting more of it, so it hurts your lungs.
that dudes right though.

That and its more of a tickley, itchy kinda cough rather than the
'Oh my God I'm gonna cough up a lung and/or puke' kinda cough

I always cough after a nice vape hit
I just never choke myself on one

Although it can be done :tongue2:
I was showing a friend how to hit my new vape
I warned him to stop, that he had a good hit already
he didn't listen and filled up on pure vapor
(which is real easy to do btw, since its so smooth)

I though he was gonna yak for sure  :laugh2:

--------------------
The Ego is a pathological condition
like a calcareous tumor or cyst
that begins growing in the personality
in the absence of hallucinogenic substances
-Terence McKenna-

Invisibleharri
ˈko͞okē

#498309 - 11/15/10 08:02 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

I think THC or some other cannabinoid are lung irritants maybe?

InvisibleMR.HEADY
PorchMonkey
 User Gallery

Re: Vapor Question [Re: harri]
    #498310 - 11/15/10 08:03 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

ok im going to take the plunge which cheap vaporizer would you guys rec i buy?

--------------------
Anybody ever tell you you're the result of a broken prophylactic in the back seat of a 74 Mercury?[/quote]

OfflineChillWillis
old school fool

#498314 - 11/15/10 08:08 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

I wouldn't reccomend any tbh... if you're gonna do it anyway get one that doesn't have the heating element in direct contact with the herb

--------------------

InvisibleMR.HEADY
PorchMonkey
 User Gallery

#498315 - 11/15/10 08:09 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

i understand the theory of you get what you pay for . BUt i cannot afford a high dollar vape to get high from lol have you seen the vapor bro knock offs on ebay? 40 bucks

--------------------

Offlinespacemonkey69
Trusted Vaporizer

#498336 - 11/15/10 08:48 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

I have a friend that has one of these and loves it.

--------------------
[quote]

Invisibleniteowl
GrandPaw
Male User Gallery

#498350 - 11/15/10 09:34 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

MR.HEADY said:
i understand the theory of you get what you pay for . BUt i cannot afford a high dollar vape to get high from lol have you seen the vapor bro knock offs on ebay? 40 bucks

Just shop around Amazon and Ebay.
I got one for $35 shipped to my door.

TBH, it's a piece of shit, and I plan on upgrading as soon as possible.
You have to catch the element just as its shutting off to get a good hit.
You will have to play around with the right temp for it too.
I would start at 300f and go up from there
mine works best at ~340, starts fires at ~360

I just couldn't pay $150+ for something I had never tried before.
Now that I have an idea of how a decent one should work. I'm gonna buy one of the upright ones. Da Budda, or the Silver Surfer or something like that. Don't care for a bag systems, far too much shit to go wrong w/a system like that.

--------------------
The Ego is a pathological condition
like a calcareous tumor or cyst
that begins growing in the personality
in the absence of hallucinogenic substances
-Terence McKenna-

Invisibleharri
ˈko͞okē

Re: Vapor Question [Re: niteowl]
    #498359 - 11/15/10 09:52 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

niteowl said:
Quote:

MR.HEADY said:

Just shop around Amazon and Ebay.
I got one for $35 shipped to my door.

TBH, it's a piece of shit, and I plan on upgrading as soon as possible.
You have to catch the element just as its shutting off to get a good hit.
You will have to play around with the right temp for it too.
I would start at 300f and go up from there
mine works best at ~340, starts fires at ~360

I just couldn't pay $150+ for something I had never tried before.
Now that I have an idea of how a decent one should work. I'm gonna buy one of the upright ones. Da Budda, or the Silver Surfer or something like that. Don't care for a bag systems, far too much shit to go wrong w/a system like that.

Just got a Vaporbrothers vape the other day from what I've read and heard its very high quality without too high a price. :awehigh:

OfflineChillWillis
old school fool

#498518 - 11/16/10 09:54 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

:nonono: those are terrible pieces of shit

--------------------

Offlinemellowfellow

#498535 - 11/16/10 10:46 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

i would have to respectfully disagree with you there. any foundation under your opinion?

i've had vapebros and used volcanoes and other bullshit but the best bang for buck i've found is the easy-vape. it's pretty much a vaporbrothers knock off with a digital display but it works extremely effectively and for half the price.

volcanoes are awesome, but honestly i've got much better shit to spend $500+ on.

--------------------

OfflineChillWillis
old school fool

Re: Vapor Question [Re: mellowfellow]
    #498543 - 11/16/10 11:22 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

yeah I've used a lot of those box whip type vapes and many other vaporizers in general. All of the box/whip vapes burn the bud unless you're EXTREMELY attentive, which nobody wants to be when they're getting high. This also defeats my favorite thing about vaporizing, the health benefits over smoking.

all the vaped buds I saved up after owning one for a year ammounted to a giant baggy filled with black, crisped to fuck ground up nuggets. I tried to make vapobutter with this but it was a total disaster - the butter looked black, tasted god aweful, and didn't even get me high.

The other shitty thing about them is that the whip/bowl part that attaches to the heating rod element is made of glass, so I broke two of those, I think they were $15 each to replace (total, that's more than 1/2 what I paid - mine came with a grinder and some bullshit inscent burner)

The bud that you're smoking always tastes shitty compared to any other vape, and even 90% of water filtered glassware.

Also because the whip has the bowl built onto it it's easy for someone to pull it too far and either knock the whole box vape off of the table, or to pull the bowl off teh box and dump the whole bowl everywhere. It also worried me that someone would trip over the whip and cause the same thing to happen.

They're also really hard to clean and impossible to get repaired (granted they are very cheap).

All in all they're really only suitable for someone who wants to try vaping to see if they like it better (which most people will anyway) so that eventually they'll save up and get a much more efficient one.

Box/whip vapes are not well suited for multiple session, daily use like the volcano or any other higher end vaporizer is.
I in no way advocate spending $600 on a smoking device, I got mine used for $350 - less than some people pay for bongs that they end up shattering less than a year later.

I'm sorry if this is discombobulated, I'm in pretty rough shape today.

--------------------

Offlinemellowfellow

#498600 - 11/16/10 02:39 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

I used my box vape daily and never burned a bowl once. Was never extremely attentive either, just dialed in the setting once then turned it up a bit at the end of the bowl to get a little bit more out of it. I collected a couple ounces of vapor duff and it was all a properly vaporized brown consistency. Also, the easy-vape and several other brands come with a 5 year warranty so repairs aren't much of an issue. The only part of the device that gets dirty is the whip which you can just soak to clean like any other piece of smoking ware.

I never experienced any of the issues that you seemed to have encountered.

--------------------

Invisibleharri
ˈko͞okē

Re: Vapor Question [Re: mellowfellow]
    #498610 - 11/16/10 02:51 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Yeh this is definitely true but after a couple days I've seemed to hit the sweet spot, haven't burned a bowl since.

OfflineChillWillis
old school fool

#498625 - 11/16/10 03:39 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

people who more exclusively use box vapes don't ever think they're having those problems until they get used to a decent vaporizer

cheap box/whip vapes are really just a gimmick imo. the bottom line is they do not preform in a way that a true vaporizer should.

if you really want a cheap vaporizer go buy a thermometer and the whip/bowl contraption that comes with the box vapes. turn your electric stove on and hold the packed bowl onto the stove top at your desired temp (using the thermometer).. Tada, you've got a box vape.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains