Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleLaysthepipe
Vivi Sex Symbol
 User Gallery

Loc: KOREA
Re: Hash Tips!! [Re: FurrowedBrow]
    #482151 - 09/25/10 03:48 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

I went to the growlog from the article you posted and here's my thoughts.

Page 5 :
Visible white plant material growth.

Page 6 :
You can see some yellowish plant material growth in there which is normal for bleaching.

I see green at the tip of a white leaf in this photo (bottom left), I don't think massive trichomes would change the actual color of the leaf it is coming off of as this photo has white foliage. You can also see a few trichome heads in this one going amber.

While his bud is PACKED with trichomes they are not what is changing the plants foliage color to look white.

Look at the green in the second photo, you see that is still packed with trichomes but yet we easily see green under the trichomes.

--------------------
:advisory:

“If you want to find out who your real friends are, sink the ship. The first ones to jump aren’t your friends.” — Marilyn Manson

This isn't the correct place to confront me on anything.

Forum full of dead stars, and a necro I called Coma White

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleGod
Yahweh

Re: Hash Tips!! [Re: Laysthepipe]
    #482422 - 09/26/10 03:26 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

I was going to post something very similar to the above.  Those buds look totally covered in trichomes, but the leaf material itself definitely appears white. I think Laysthepipe has laid out a pretty convincing case for potential light bleaching (I noticed in dude's grow thread that he had them 6" away, which doesn't seem too close.  What's too close for LEDs?)

InvisibleLaysthepipe
Vivi Sex Symbol
 User Gallery

Loc: KOREA
Re: Hash Tips!! [Re: God]
    #482471 - 09/26/10 11:19 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

God said:
I noticed in dude's grow thread that he had them 6" away, which doesn't seem too close.  What's too close for LEDs?

Too close is what people were saying on the topic when someone or a couple threads I seen where someone accidentally had it happen.

I'm kind of thinking it might be something different causing it, and I have no idea what that would be, this guy talks about 680 nm not being present to make it happen. I don't think that is the case since it is effecting the chlorophyll though. 660+630 (~420 helps with the other chlorophyll) should be fine to keep the plant green from the charts I've seen on wavelengths, and all the growlogs on leds I've seen.

It happened with the HID in the link I posted a few posted back because it was too close and had too much intensity bleaching the buds.
http://www.420magazine.com/forums/budding-cycle/75120-light-bleached-albino-bud.html

So it may be intensity of the lights when the buds start getting closer. Being "too close" would really depend on the intensity of the light itself if this is true.

--------------------
:advisory:

“If you want to find out who your real friends are, sink the ship. The first ones to jump aren’t your friends.” — Marilyn Manson

This isn't the correct place to confront me on anything.

Forum full of dead stars, and a necro I called Coma White

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale