Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleSalviaNshrooms9090
Buddhist Monk
Male

Loc: Peru
Good Paying Marijuana Cult careers (legit)
    #480665 - 09/22/10 07:33 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Hello imin college thinking about carrers and damn it i love weed and honestly could see myself growing it making better strains and what have you how profitable would it be to open up a coffee shop in amsterdam? or sell medical marijuana in CA? How can i break into this business? its either this or wall steet

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Star Flag
Re: Good Paying Marijuana Cult careers (legit) [Re: SalviaNshrooms9090]
    #480668 - 09/22/10 07:36 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

You can't.

Maybe in CO, but you are going to have to wait for other states to open up, because the market is already pretty saturated.  You're gonna need about a decade more of growing experience before you get into a legit growing job, IMO.  That is unless you already know someone with a foot in the door.

--------------------
Don't criticize what you can't understand

Buddhist Monk
Male

Re: Good Paying Marijuana Cult careers (legit) [Re: Inverted]
    #480669 - 09/22/10 07:38 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

look baby im gonna kick in the door lol... but really i want to start my own business not be apart of one. How much capital will i need to raise. My stock trades will pay mroe than enough in the next 10 years so ill have the capital

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

#480670 - 09/22/10 07:42 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Well, if you are talking investing...  :strokebeard:

You could easily sponsor some growers, pay for the equipment, housing, and wages.  This would probably require a decent amount of kick start $...  I'd say over 500k minimum, but I don't understand what scale you are even thinking about.  I'm not in the legit side of things yet so all I know is hearsay from people who are.

--------------------

Buddhist Monk
Male

#480672 - 09/22/10 07:49 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

LOL im looking ot get legit though, likethe one guy who owns the seedbank hesa millionaire grows and sells in amsterdamn. makes his own seeds.. the dude with the different colored seed package cant remember the name but thats what im talking about.

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Loc: Nepal Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #480673 - 09/22/10 07:57 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

well it'll be a long fucking time before you're as huge as Greenhouse, Mr. Nice, Arjyan or any of those fools. They're all extremely experienced cultivators with an army of assistance in getting famous.

Your best bet would be to just buy a warehouse somewhere like Cali or CO and just try to grow the best weed anyone has ever seen. chances are good that you'll be able to sell it that way if the quality is good and the price is low enough

--------------------

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Re: Good Paying Marijuana Cult careers (legit) [Re: Harry_Ba11sach]
    #480675 - 09/22/10 08:02 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

I like Harry's approach.  :thumbup:  :lol:

--------------------

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

#480676 - 09/22/10 08:05 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

I'm just waiting for Magash's response... :whip:

--------------------

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #480677 - 09/22/10 08:05 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

haha for the record I meant you'll be able to sell it to dispensaries and various edible manufacturers. :lol:

But seriously the market is crazy saturated out here already, you'd be an idiot to open a dispensary, the only way I'd see someone getting their foot in the door is if they had top shelf weed at like $2000/lb the dispensaries wouldn't be able to say no.

--------------------

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

#480681 - 09/22/10 08:16 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Oh yeah totally.  Most growers understand that, and it is the reason many have chosen to stay in the black market.  I need MN to go medical, I'd jump on that shit instantly and make a killing!!!

Fucking Pawlenty vetoed it TWICE so now that we're putting another Governor in his position I'm really hoping it passes this time!  We were among the first group of states to decriminalize, I don't understand why we dont have MMJ yet...

--------------------

OfflineNizzyJones
Fight Evil with Funk
 User Gallery

Loc: Somewhat North of Normal
    #480734 - 09/22/10 10:16 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

I think there are still a couple of counties in Maine that Maine DHHS is still accepting dispensary applications for but that's likely to close again in the next few months if it hasn't already.

From what I've read a plurality of the dispensary licenses Maine has issued went to non-profits bank-rolled by California dispensaries, just to give you an idea of what kind of funding and experience they're looking for in making those decisions.

Edited by NizzyJones (09/22/10 10:24 AM)

OfflineRasJeph
Psycho Pete
Male

Loc: Bumfuckt Egypt
Re: Good Paying Marijuana Cult careers (legit) [Re: NizzyJones]
    #480742 - 09/22/10 10:49 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Wouldn't it be easy(ish) to sell clones and seeds legally? Everyones thinking real big on selling buds, but how about selling some clones?

'round here clones sell for $20 each on the black market. I mean, even selling them for $5 each would be an insane profit. The plant regenerates itself and people would be crazy for decent genetics. Just grow grow grow, find a really good mother and sell some clones! :]

--------------------
Of course it's happening inside your head.
Why should that mean it isn't real?

Offlinekickin-two-hundo
|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅| ♪♫♪♫♪♫
Male User Gallery

Loc: afghanistan
Re: Good Paying Marijuana Cult careers (legit) [Re: RasJeph]
    #480760 - 09/22/10 11:29 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

I've got a buddy, my old main weed dealer, who sold u kno like anywhere from 100lbs to 500lbs, all i kno is he sold 10-20 pounds a week for a loooooooooong time, he got all his money saved up, and he moved out to CO.  He got some kind of growing license, and now he grows weed medically, he has to have like idk what it was i think like 1000 grams every three weeks or some shit.
Don't get pissed and throw a little bitchy fit if any of my information is a little off, its all from memory. :bitch:

--------------------
The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.

anything and everything i post on here is completely fictional and come straight from the deepest depths of the black hole which is my mind.

OfflineRasJeph
Psycho Pete
Male

Re: Good Paying Marijuana Cult careers (legit) [Re: kickin-two-hundo]
    #480766 - 09/22/10 11:55 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

edit: nevermind.

--------------------

Edited by RasJeph (09/22/10 12:12 PM)

OfflineNizzyJones
Fight Evil with Funk
 User Gallery

#480774 - 09/22/10 12:41 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

RasJeph said:
Wouldn't it be easy(ish) to sell clones and seeds legally? Everyones thinking real big on selling buds, but how about selling some clones?

'round here clones sell for $20 each on the black market. I mean, even selling them for $5 each would be an insane profit. The plant regenerates itself and people would be crazy for decent genetics. Just grow grow grow, find a really good mother and sell some clones! :]

I'm not sure about other states but in Maine it would still be illegal to sell clones or seeds without a dispensary license. A 'Qualified Patient' or a QP's 'Designated Caregiver' might be able to trade clones but they wouldn't be allowed to sell them.

Edit: I'll have to go back and look at the latest update to the language but it might not be explicitly legal for dispensaries either.

Edited by NizzyJones (09/22/10 12:49 PM)

Invisiblemaryanne3087
Stranger
Trusted Cultivator
    #480775 - 09/22/10 12:47 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

If you're interested in producing seeds you're going to need to get proven breeding stock and have the ability to grow hundreds of plants.

Some internet breeding sensations IMO really don't do actual breeding but have cult followings and access to sought after strains which people jump all over. These people still operate illegally.

Grow for 10 years, travel around the world and talk to breeders and try to collect breeding stock. Then maybe you'll be in a position to produce some exceptional seeds and start a seedbank.

OfflineRasJeph
Psycho Pete
Male

#480783 - 09/22/10 01:06 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

NizzyJones said:
I'm not sure about other states but in Maine it would still be illegal to sell clones or seeds without a dispensary license. A 'Qualified Patient' or a QP's 'Designated Caregiver' might be able to trade clones but they wouldn't be allowed to sell them.

Edit: I'll have to go back and look at the latest update to the language but it might not be explicitly legal for dispensaries either.

I meant as a caregiver, or selling them to dispensaries (because I thought that dispensaries sold clones?).

I'm really interested in Maines law...I'm not sure if my condition is covered unfortunately. I have high intra-ocular pressure, but everything I'm reading includes "DUE TO GLAUCOMA". I have something very similar to that, but not that. Fucking intra-ocular pressure :mad2: (actually, I rarely notice it...and when I do its an easy cure :wink:)

--------------------

OfflineNizzyJones
Fight Evil with Funk
 User Gallery

#480821 - 09/22/10 02:03 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Well that might fall under this clause if you experience pain at times:
Quote:

B. A chronic or debilitating disease or medical condition or its treatment that produces intractable pain, which is pain that has not responded to ordinary medical or surgical measures for more than 6 months;

You would just need a letter from your GP/Optometrist (*licensed by the state of Maine*) which meets these requirements:
Quote:

"Written certification" means a document signed by a physician and stating that in the physician's professional opinion a patient is likely to receive therapeutic or palliative benefit from the medical use of marijuana to treat or alleviate the patient's debilitating medical condition or symptoms associated with the debilitating medical condition. A written certification may be made only in the course of a bona fide physician-patient relationship after the physician has completed a full assessment of the qualifying patient's medical history. The written certification must specify the qualifying patient's debilitating medical condition.

Now from a legal standpoint your doctor can recommend marijuana as a treatment for anything he believes it will help because he's merely stating a medical opinion, it's up to the Dept. of Health and Human Services to grant or deny the actual patient cards. I could be out of date but I don't think they've actually started taking applications for cards yet so just the letter from your doctor is all you'd need to satisfy a nosy cop. Eventually there will be a way to request the addition of conditions to the list of specific qualified conditions. However it would be subject to public hearings and they'd still have 180 days after the hearings to deliberate before they're required to make a ruling so it might take some time.

Edited by NizzyJones (09/22/10 02:23 PM)

OfflineRasJeph
Psycho Pete
Male

#480855 - 09/22/10 04:04 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Well, not to take this thread off topic, but we didn't know I had my pseudo tumor until I stopped smoking. I stopped smoking for a few months to get a job at Walmart...and I would wake up spinning with virtigo so bad I couldn't walk. I'd have migraines that almost killed me. I couldn't figure out why.

Then when I went back to my eye doctor, he asked "did you used to smoke marijuana?" and I reluctantly told him yes (because my mom works for him...didn't want to get anything taken out on her). I was blown away when he said "well you should start it up again".

The alternative medicine are horrible pills that make me sick and a spinal tap a few times a year :eek:

--------------------

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #480863 - 09/22/10 04:44 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

just have that doctor write your prescription.

--------------------

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #481024 - 09/22/10 08:57 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

SalviaNshrooms9090 said:
LOL im looking ot get legit though, likethe one guy who owns the seedbank hesa millionaire grows and sells in amsterdamn. makes his own seeds.. the dude with the different colored seed package cant remember the name but thats what im talking about.

lol your talking about Arjin and he is no milionare not even close. The guy lives in a apt over his store.

Wanna supply clubs....ha ha ha....I have 64000 watts going and expanding to 84000 cause I can't keep a supply for the clubs longer then one day once the buds are ready.

First you need some exp growing so you can get a little bit of a rep or known for growing good buds. In Cali there is so much comp good luck with that. I started supplying clubs in 96 but in the last 5 years the market has gone nuts. When I walk in the door of the club I get in first just cause I've known the owners for so long. I walk past a line of at least 6 growers who are waiting to show what they have. 99% are gonna be shown the door.

Soon as the clubs start to pop up like bean sprouts in Colorado also I'm gonna assault that market. :awedance:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Good Paying Marijuana Cult careers (legit) [Re: Magash]
    #481104 - 09/22/10 11:35 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

dude the clubs have already WAY more than just sprung up out here. There are 65 clubs just in Boulder, a town of about 90,000 people. If that's not market saturation I don't know what is

--------------------

Offlineimpgl

#481121 - 09/23/10 12:12 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

come out to california i've got everything under control

--------------------

Buddhist Monk
Male

Re: Good Paying Marijuana Cult careers (legit) [Re: impgl]
    #481130 - 09/23/10 12:59 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

okay well imgonna get a 600w setop when i get back to the states in a few weeks buy the best strains and grow em out, ive read a whole bunch on the subject ill just do it as a hobby right now , invest my capital in stocks, then 15 years from now when im already a  millionaire ill open up shop and simply eliminate the compitiion don corlenone style or just lower bud prices and seed prices and like wal mart LOL

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #481176 - 09/23/10 07:50 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

be sure you have a plan to explain the $25,000 cash under the table that the IRS had no clue about when suddenly you invest it in the stock market. They WILL ask you about it, guaranteed

--------------------

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

#481188 - 09/23/10 08:14 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

:ilold:

This thread is full of hopes and dreams

--------------------

OfflineJeff Funk
 User Gallery

#481638 - 09/24/10 10:31 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

How many times have this guy been here talking about becoming a millionaire off the stock marke? Since you have so much confidence in your trading skills why not just make your money on Wall Street, instead of trying to make it big doing something you obviously don't know too much about. On a side note here in MI most of the dispensaries stay open a few months before they are shut down. I can't wait until the state works out the laws concerning dispensaries. I once wanted to open one, but what's the point when a patient can do transfers to other patients/caregivers while being protected under the law. I rather just stay out of the publics eye when it comes to mmj. But it's nice to get pulled over with 60 clones, and a half pound or so and the state trooper sends you on your way. When I was growing up itthat type of stuff was just a dream.

--------------------
@Str8dankgenetics

Buddhist Monk
Male

Re: Good Paying Marijuana Cult careers (legit) [Re: Jeff Funk]
    #481712 - 09/24/10 01:23 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

ugh its called diversification, shit im also looking at real estate, hedge funds, ETFS, CDs, commodities, and 100 other investment vehicles... diversification is key.... but marijuana is my real passion couldn't live without it mate... and girls dig the bud after all its a female plant (estrogen) mwahahahaha and i dont sell weed so i dont see how the hell id get caught im talking future tense.. like starting a chain of dispensaries or a seedbank when im already rich.

OfflineFarmer Joe
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA Flag
    #481813 - 09/24/10 06:32 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

NizzyJones said:
I think there are still a couple of counties in Maine that Maine DHHS is still accepting dispensary applications for but that's likely to close again in the next few months if it hasn't already.

From what I've read a plurality of the dispensary licenses Maine has issued went to non-profits bank-rolled by California dispensaries, just to give you an idea of what kind of funding and experience they're looking for in making those decisions.

15,000 dollar fee/tax from the state if you're lucky enough to be excepted by the state to open a dispensary out here. They're only allowing 8 the first year. And I'm pretty sure (but not certain) that all 8 have yet to be considered.

I chuckled when I came across this post.  I am currently prep'n my resume and putting together a cover letter to send to one of these non-profit collectives. If I get my foot in the door this early on I'm hoping I can make a career out if it.

--------------------
"Marijuana may not be addictive, but growing it is" - ED Rosenthal

Maine Caregiver In 100% compliance with Maine state laws.

OfflineNizzyJones
Fight Evil with Funk
 User Gallery

Re: Good Paying Marijuana Cult careers (legit) [Re: Farmer Joe]
    #481819 - 09/24/10 06:49 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Ayuh.

They've accepted six so far. Then reopened applications for the other two districts. Don't know why I said counties. So far five of them are bankrolled by California clubs: http://www.kjonline.com/news/some-mainers-object-to-california-connection_2010-08-14.html

Invisibleboomsaway
 User Gallery

#481907 - 09/24/10 10:27 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

>ugh its called diversification<

i lmao at that, it very well may be a word but sure looks like a George W special to me.

maybe diversity was what u were lookin for.

anyway, dude stick with the legit thing and maybe hit up the canneconomics when all this legality BS stops.

Edited by boomsaway (09/24/10 10:29 PM)

Buddhist Monk
Male

Re: Good Paying Marijuana Cult careers (legit) [Re: boomsaway]
    #481963 - 09/25/10 02:14 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

"Diversification in finance means reducing risk by investing in a variety of assets. If the asset values do not move up and down in perfect synchrony, a diversified portfolio will have less risk than the weighted average risk of its constituent assets, often less risk than the least risky of its constituents.[1]. Therefore, any risk-averse investor will diversify to at least some extent, with more risk-averse investors diversifying more completely than less risk-averse investors. Diversification is one of two general techniques for reducing investment risk. The other is hedging. Diversification relies on the lack of a tight positive relationship among the assets' returns, and works even when correlations are near zero or somewhat positive. Hedging relies on negative correlation among assets, or shorting assets with positive correlation"

Offlinecritik
Closet Monsters!
Male User Gallery

#482219 - 09/25/10 06:54 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Magash what kind of clubs are you guys talking about?

--------------------

"you know, when you want something really bad and you close your eyes and you wish for it? God's the guy that ignores you"
"I got something that will fit in that hole... its right here in my pocket"
"Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?"

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Good Paying Marijuana Cult careers (legit) [Re: critik]
    #482220 - 09/25/10 06:57 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Weed clubs. Places that sell medical buds. :wink:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Offlinecritik
Closet Monsters!
Male User Gallery

#482225 - 09/25/10 07:02 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

AHhhhh So its not like and actual club where you PARTEHHHHHH.

--------------------

"you know, when you want something really bad and you close your eyes and you wish for it? God's the guy that ignores you"
"I got something that will fit in that hole... its right here in my pocket"
"Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?"

Offlinepunkrocker292004
Stranger

Re: Good Paying Marijuana Cult careers (legit) [Re: critik]
    #482405 - 09/26/10 12:44 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Diversification in finance means reducing risk by investing in a variety of assets.

--------------------
on a long enough timeline the survival rate for everyone drops to zero-tyler durden

MHRB

Offlinepunkrocker292004
Stranger

Re: Good Paying Marijuana Cult careers (legit) [Re: punkrocker292004]
    #482406 - 09/26/10 12:46 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

:awedrugs:

--------------------
on a long enough timeline the survival rate for everyone drops to zero-tyler durden

MHRB

Offlinethe man

#482788 - 09/27/10 11:46 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Magash said:
Quote:

SalviaNshrooms9090 said:

lol your talking about Arjin and he is no milionare not even close. The guy lives in a apt over his store.

well it is amsterdam and to buy a place there you have to get put on a list and get what you get. im sure commercial is a bit dif so prob why he lives above his store :smile: im sure greenhouse is worth more then a million bucks easy in assets. property is expensive. not that i like the guy or are stoked on anything they stand for or do. but magash prob knows just barely more then me on this subject hahah jk so i may not be correct  peace!

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale