Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinerakipo
Stranger
Re: B A G S E E D CFl Grow. Mini Cab/Closet Grow []D [] []\/[] []D [] []\[].. [Re: critik]
    #457222 - 08/09/10 10:26 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

feeding is easy as pie, although many people like to make it more complicated than it is. The main nutrients a plant needs are n, or nitrogen, p, or phosphorus, and k, or potassium. Nitrogen is for healthy stem and leaf growth, phosphorus is for root and flower development, and potassium is to help fight disease and improves the overall health of the plant. A lot of people differ on the exact ratio of n, p and k to feed your plants at different stages in their development, but a good rule of thumb is to remember that during the sprout stage, you should really lay off giving them any nutrients. Once the sprout enters vegetative growth like your plants are in right now, you should use a nutrient solution with a higher amount of nitrogen than p and k, although the p and k are still very important to your plants development. I would use a nutrient solution with a 20 nitrogen, 10 phosphorus, and 10 potassium ratio. this 20-10-10 ratio with ensure your plant starts to develop healthy and strong upper growth. Once you decide to flower your plants (I hope you wait at least until its 12 inches) you should change to a 10-20-10 ratio. Now, keep in mind there are many different ratios that will work for your plants, just remember  that plants need higher n while in vegetative growth and higher p while fruiting. You will also need trace minerals which are minerals like copper, magnesium, manganese, iron, zinc, calcium etc, with the most important being magnesium in my opinion. The best way to deliver this is to mix in a tablespoon for every gallon of water. This is all you need to know about feeding your plants. A couple things to remember are that you need to keep your ph level in your soil at a neutral level, which is a 7.0. To achieve this you can buy ph up and down to level your ph. This is important because if your ph is too high it will turn your nutrients into salts that are toxic to your plants and if you let it get bad enough it will kill them. Although you can fix this problem with flushing, which is basically pouring tons of water into your plants soil until you have eliminated all the salts, this can be very harmful to the plant. Another very important thing to remember is to only feed your plants HALF OR LESS of the amount of nutrients that is recommended on the container it came with. This is because marijuana plants are very sensitive and can get nutrient burn very easily. You can point out nutrient burn when the edges of your leaves are turning yellow. Good luck.

--------------------
Everything I say or post is 100% authentic. I am an outlaw and I do many illegal things. I am proud of them all.

Edited by rakipo (08/10/10 05:36 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinecritik
Closet Monsters!
Male User Gallery

Re: B A G S E E D CFl Grow. Mini Cab/Closet Grow []D [] []\/[] []D [] []\[].. [Re: rakipo]
    #457323 - 08/09/10 01:37 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Thanx for all the info Since this is my real First grow I am just going to use some Schultz To feed cause this is only Bagseed But With Schultz I here you put 7 drops per Quart of water Now When I add this to my water(I am going to start with like Not even Half Strength)I am going to have left over water Right? I don't need to use all of it to get the full 7 drops do I?(or How ever many drops I used).I only feed My plant maybe a half cup of water every 2 days.

--------------------

"you know, when you want something really bad and you close your eyes and you wish for it? God's the guy that ignores you"
"I got something that will fit in that hole... its right here in my pocket"
"Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?"

Offlinegrod31
Ranger
 User Gallery

Re: B A G S E E D CFl Grow. Mini Cab/Closet Grow []D [] []\/[] []D [] []\[].. [Re: critik]
    #457373 - 08/09/10 05:20 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

what is your watt per square foot ratio?

--------------------
DO NOT USE mushmagic.com- THEY LIE AND SELL DRUGS TO CHILDREN :thumbdown:
--------------------------------------------------
Back the tape up.  I need it again!
Let it roll!  Just as high as the fucker can go! 
And when it comes to that fantastic note
where the rabbit bites its own head off,
I want you to THROW THAT FUCKING
RADIO INTO THE TUB WITH ME!
    Not me.  It would blast you through
the wall stone dead in ten seconds and they'd make me explain.

Offlinecritik
Closet Monsters!
Male User Gallery

Re: B A G S E E D CFl Grow. Mini Cab/Closet Grow []D [] []\/[] []D [] []\[].. [Re: grod31]
    #457400 - 08/09/10 07:08 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Ughh well in this little cab I am vegging in it has lets see 2 23 watt 5000k lights its about a foot in height A foot in length and 9 inches in width.

Not sure How to answer your Question but I am sure you can figure it out With those dimensions. (Don't Know how to measure Per square Foot) :sad:

--------------------

"you know, when you want something really bad and you close your eyes and you wish for it? God's the guy that ignores you"
"Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?"

Offlinerakipo
Stranger
    #457403 - 08/09/10 07:26 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

critik said:
Thanx for all the info Since this is my real First grow I am just going to use some Schultz To feed cause this is only Bagseed But With Schultz I here you put 7 drops per Quart of water Now When I add this to my water(I am going to start with like Not even Half Strength)I am going to have left over water Right? I don't need to use all of it to get the full 7 drops do I?(or How ever many drops I used).I only feed My plant maybe a half cup of water every 2 days.

I have schultz. It should say 10-15-10 on the side which means its geared more towards blooming. It will still work for vegetative growth. Just use about three drops instead of 7 for every quart of water. I would just premix the water you are going to feed them and have it closed off in a tub with a lid. This way you dont have to scramble your brain with all these different measurements and its way easier. Make sure your soil feels light and dry before you water your plants. Don't let it stay dry for a long time though. It's easier to overwater your plants than it is to dehydrate them.

--------------------
Everything I say or post is 100% authentic. I am an outlaw and I do many illegal things. I am proud of them all.

Offlinecritik
Closet Monsters!
Male User Gallery

Re: B A G S E E D CFl Grow. Mini Cab/Closet Grow []D [] []\/[] []D [] []\[].. [Re: rakipo]
    #457407 - 08/09/10 07:33 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Thanx So The water won't like go bad or become toxic from letting it sit for a long time in a big tub? or container?(premixed).

I think I got the whole watering thing down every 2 days this plant will drink... After I water it seems to wilt then jump up after a while.

--------------------

Offlinerakipo
Stranger
    #457408 - 08/09/10 07:35 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

critik said:
Ughh well in this little cab I am vegging in it has lets see 2 23 watt 5000k lights its about a foot in height A foot in length and 9 inches in width.

Not sure How to answer your Question but I am sure you can figure it out With those dimensions. (Don't Know how to measure Per square Foot) :sad:

Divide your wattage by your square feet. If you are growing in a room that has 4 square feet worth of plants, 1 square foot per plant(maybe a sog closet grow) then those 2 23 watt lights will give you (23+23=46 divided by 4 is 11 1/2 watts per square feet)11/ 1/2 watts per square feet. 30 is the number to be shooting for, 50 if youre a champion.

--------------------

Offlinecritik
Closet Monsters!
Male User Gallery

#457409 - 08/09/10 07:35 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Just watered it BTW

--------------------

Offlinerakipo
Stranger
    #457410 - 08/09/10 07:36 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

critik said:
Thanx So The water won't like go bad or become toxic from letting it sit for a long time in a big tub? or container?(premixed).

I think I got the whole watering thing down every 2 days this plant will drink... After I water it seems to wilt then jump up after a while.

No, keep the PH of your water neutral or as close to neutral as you can get and you will not have a problem with salt buildup.

--------------------

Offlinerakipo
Stranger
    #457411 - 08/09/10 07:38 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

critik said:
Just watered it BTW

k, make sure you post pics to see how the nutes are workin for em. I'm really gettin into this grow log lol.

--------------------

Offlinecritik
Closet Monsters!
Male User Gallery

#457415 - 08/09/10 07:48 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

I haven't used the Schultz yet not tomorrow but the next day I Will. I really need some PH up And down. The ph of the runoff is supposedly 6.0 according to this Fish tank Ph tester. And Once I mix the schultz in with the water Will I need to add some Ph up/down to make it neutral?

--------------------

Offlinerakipo
Stranger
    #457419 - 08/09/10 08:12 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

no, your soil is at the perfect PH and adding an alkaline or an acid right now will only fuck it up. Only add ph up or down when you need your ph to go up or down lol. once your ph meter reads below 6.0 add some ph up. When it goes above add some ph down. Try not to be so nervous. Marijuana is very versatile and you will not fuck it up.

--------------------

Offlinecritik
Closet Monsters!
Male User Gallery

#457420 - 08/09/10 08:14 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Trueeee Cant wait to start the Blue Cheese And ROCKLOCK :evil:

--------------------

Offlinecritik
Closet Monsters!
Male User Gallery

#457421 - 08/09/10 08:14 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

But I gotta say Idk if I am feeling this SCotts Premium Potting soil.

--------------------

Offlinerakipo
Stranger
    #457422 - 08/09/10 08:20 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Never heard of it before. Just remember when youre shopping for soils look for something that has a level ph (6.0) and little or no starting nutrients. I say this because you are going to add your own nutrients anyway and if you are going to pot saplings or germinate seeds in this soil then the nutrients might hurt more than help.

--------------------

Offlinecritik
Closet Monsters!
Male User Gallery

#457427 - 08/09/10 08:26 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

I always germ using the paper towel method its always worked never failed me. But this Scotts stuff has a NPK of 0.07-0.01-0.03

If you look back in the post I was having problems with my leafs. My first set of fan leafs both curled under and the tips did a complete loop down like a rams horn. Then My first leafs like burnt. Its a unsolved mystery I don't know what happen neither does any one else.

If you want pics of the previous problems with this plant just ask Ill show you. But it seems to be doing fine now. This was all in the first week and a half

--------------------

Offlinecritik
Closet Monsters!
Male User Gallery

#457429 - 08/09/10 08:27 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

And this Soil has a ton of sticks pieces or bark and just a lot of junk. But I guess it helps idk.

--------------------

Offlinerakipo
Stranger
    #457436 - 08/09/10 08:38 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Its over watering dude. Over watering is characterized by drooping leaves and yellowing on various parts of the leaves, usually the edges. It cant be heat burn as this only takes place on the leaves closest to the light, and its not nutrient burn as your soil does not contain enough nutrients to burn them. Your plants dont look in bad shape though so I wouldnt be worried at all. I might just be a little more lax on my watering schedule.

--------------------

Offlinecritik
Closet Monsters!
Male User Gallery

#457440 - 08/09/10 08:42 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

They seem to love the water I give them now but back before I guess not but See the first leafs stayed in shape just one got all crispy at the tip as you can see in the first picture then the first set of fan leafs did the whole rolling under thing.

--------------------

Offlinerakipo
Stranger
    #457444 - 08/09/10 08:53 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

now that i look at the first picture it could be heat burn actually since the leaf that its on seems to be the highest one up. Your leaves do look a little droopy but they look healthy as hell so i wouldnt be worried.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale