Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
OG #18 x Skunk #1 Log
    #451183 - 07/25/10 02:13 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Started three beans today.  Gonna be a real sparse log until I get ready to flower some clones.

--------------------

MFDoom666: sobriety kills my buzz every time.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: OG #18 x Skunk #1 Log [Re: coda]
    #451990 - 07/27/10 06:33 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

All three seeds have popped and are now pushing their way to the surface.  I love the beans I've gotten from this deal, 100% germ rate so far and a great female to male ratio to boot.

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #452964 - 07/29/10 08:42 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Transplanted all three seedlings tonight

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #461752 - 08/16/10 09:44 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Going to to top and clone tomorrow and see if I can't get this next project moving a little more quickly this time :smile:

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #475796 - 09/11/10 06:44 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Day 1 of flowering starts tonight.

Switched to Advanced Nutrients Sensi bloom for this run

Fed tonight 1 tbsp / gal.

I have two clones of the OG in the flowering cab right now.  The third doesn't look like it's going to make it.  The moms are showing preflowers and I should know sex in a day or so.

I'll get some pics up soon.

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #476623 - 09/13/10 04:39 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Well fuck me running, this grow is pretty much canceled.  99.99% sure all three are fucking male.  God damn it, I was really looking forward to growing these.  All three moms were showing preflowers last week, but they were all too tiny to really tell for sure.  Now that they've grow up I see no telltale stigma and lots of tiny little "lobster claws".  Not even one girl to speak of, first strain out of the lot that gave me all males. 

So, in response, I planted all of my remaining stock from that purchase.  Next on the bill is a run of kandy kush and sleestack.  I have three LA's in the flowering cab and I'll probably toss in the two kushberry clones I kept.  This put a huge kink in my flowering plans, but thankfully I had enough to give me a harvest in November.  Otherwise I'd be out of bud and that is never, ever, a good situation for me to be in :wink:

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #477177 - 09/14/10 10:09 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Fed Last Night

Sensi Bloom A+B 1 Tbsp / Gal

Wow, thank god I don't trust my eyes.  I ended up with one girl.  Due to my luck it was also the worst looking plant out of the bunch, but beggars can't be choosers.  Hell, I ended up with only one girl from the LA run and it's been my favorite plant I've grown so far.

Her preflowers took a lot longer to develop, for a long time they looked like the others did so I just figured it was another male.  Thank god for that small part of me that always holds out hope that one will turn into a girl lol Other wise I would have cut them all down and moved on. 

I took cuttings from the mom tonight.  I think my bottle of veg nutes went bad, so I just dosed her with some of the new flowering nutes I bought that was left over from last nights feeding.  I'll be picking up AN's grow line as well, fuck it might as well compare and see how well they do. The other cutting I thought wouldn't make it managed to pull through so I'll toss that in as well.  Unfortunately when I took those clippings I didn't label them so I'm unsure as to which ones are the males and which is the girl.  I have a pretty good feeling the girl is the one that almost didn't make it thought heh.  So that will get tossed in the cabinet and I'm tempted to throw a kushberry cutting in there as well to get a nice mixed bag this time around.

So I'm excited now, should have a great harvest come November to look forward to and a new strain to enjoy all hopefully before turkey day :smile:

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #479329 - 09/18/10 08:58 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Fed tonight

8 ml Sensi A+B
4 ml Big Bud
4 ml Bud Candy

Total PPM 1100.

Cut the dose of the food in 1/2. At 1 tbsp of the base nutes alone I hit 2000+ PPM.  Sufficed to say my plants were not happy with such a strong feeding.  I was following their feeding chart, but just like I figured it was way too strong.  This mixture is a bit more manageable and I hope I didn't do too much damage.  I lucked out and the one of the two OG's was the girl.  I removed the male and will be replacing it tomorrow with a Kushberry clone.  I was thinking of just growing 4 this time, but I want to have a little extra to give away again during xmas.

I'll get some pics up tomorrow. :smile:

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #479675 - 09/19/10 06:49 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

So here's the lone girl on day 8 of flowering.  The plants all liked the lower dose of food so I'll keep going with the mixture I just used until they ask me to bump it up or tone it down again.  I put one of the kushberry clones in tonight as well to give me the 5 plant total.  Lucky for me I was able to do it and only be behind the others by a week, so the harvests won't be too spaced apart.

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #480054 - 09/20/10 06:25 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Fed Tonight

8 ml Sensi A+B
4 ml Big Bud
4 ml Bud Candy

Total PPM 885

I used distilled water for this feeding just to get an idea of what my TDS looked like in purer water.  I realized a 215 PPM drop compared to my tap water.  Still not 100% convinced my water source is causing me problems.  When I opened the cab door up growth had literally exploded overnight.  They're really liking the new food at these levels so I'll continue to give them the above dose until I think they want more.

At this point I can't honestly say that the AN nute line is any better then the GH.  I can say, however, that I do enjoy the liquidity of the nutes how I can use a syringe to measure my doses now (and no shaking for 5 minutes either!).  Seems easier to adjust the pH as well, I did notice that using the distilled water the AN line balanced itself out at 5.8 pH.  With my tap I drop in between .5 and 1 ml of pH down per feeding.

Anyways they all look awesome and I'm totally looking forward to seeing what AN can do for me.  I still think the Nova line is top notch, but I'm beginning to like this even more.

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #480533 - 09/21/10 09:36 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Here she is on day 10.  Just looking at the previous pics you can see the growth spurt she had.  I'll be trying to take more pictures for this log, didn't for the kushberry and I kind of regret it.  Anyways new growth is definitely more pale then the older stuff, but it might just be because of the rate of growth.  Hopefully not a Mg deficiency, but they'll be fed tomorrow so I'm sure either way they'll green up a bit by thur.  The LA's I have going now all have buds showing by this point, but the OG is lagging behind a bit.  I think the strain leans more towards the sativa side, but I'll have to look that up.

Definitely feels good to be flowering again though, can't wait to see how she turns out :smile:

EDIT: According to the Attitude OG#18 is 60% Sativa 40% Indica.

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #481364 - 09/23/10 04:51 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Fed Last Night

8 ml Sensi A+B
8 ml Bud Candy
4 ml Big Bud

Total PPM 996.

Weird about the drop in PPM, my tap water is finally starting to come out a little bit colder so maybe that's why (either that or I used a little more water in the jug this time).  Decided to up the dose on the bud candy since it's really not going to hurt anything I don't think.  So I'll run that one at full strength since it shouldn't give me any problems.  I'm being a little tentative with the big bud because I've read it can burn your plants pretty easily.  I'll probably bump that up to 8 ml next week, you only run it for 4 weeks so I think think switching to full strength at the 1/2 way point of its use probably wont hurt me.  Looks like I'll have to raise my lights soon, that OG is growing up quick and I tied down two of my LA's to keep them a bit smaller and open up the middle to more light.

I'll get some more pics up tomorrow. :smile:

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #481827 - 09/24/10 07:22 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Fed Tonight

8 ml Sensi A+B
8 ml Bud Candy
4 ml Big Bud

Correction, big bud runs for 6 weeks not 4 like I had posted.  I will give the girls one more week at 1/2 strength and then bump up to full for a week and see how they take it.  Was planning on buying the B-52 supplement but I'm super broke this week after a lot of personal issues drained my wallet.  Plus I'm looking at dropping a lot of dough fixing my rear brakes so spending money on nutes is not much of an option right now.  The only thing I may do is hop up to the grow shop and see if they'll toss me a sample bottle of some cal-mag.  Don't really think my plants are Mg deficient, and the only plant not looking the best is the kushberry (but she's still only a week into flower so its early), so if anything I might toss in a dose once a week just for good measure.  We'll see, I'm doing my best to keep this run as simple as possible with the nutes and trying my best not to overload my plants (common problem for me in hydro it seems).

If I get the chance I'll post some more pics but most likely I'll get to it tomorrow.

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #482614 - 09/26/10 09:09 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Day 15

Fed Tonight

8 ml Sensi A+B
8 ml Bud Candy
4 ml Big Bud

Total PPM 933

Things are progressing beautifully.  The OG has gotten tall as fuck in such a short time, that was about a 3 inch clone or so when she started two weeks ago.  She's dwarfing the other plants in the cab right now and getting pretty close to the light.  Buds are coming in on her now finally and I'm thinking her main cola is gonna be pretty thick.  Hopefully things keep going as smoothly as they have been, It's definitely nice when things go your way :smile:

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #482902 - 09/27/10 06:57 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

So even though I'm not keeping a true log on the LA's and the lone kushberry, I figured I'd throw in an overall shot of the flowering cab.  Found something distressing tonight on the small LA in the front left.  One of the main tips had a few hairs that were crisped brown.  I searched around for some nanners and didn't see any.  Checked all the other bud sites and didn't notice any other browning yet.  So I'll be keeping a real close eye on all the girls for a little while to make sure I don't have a hermie problem on my hands.  I probably just bruised the flower, but you never now and I don't take chances with herms lol.  I'd rather be super paranoid and catch one in time, then have my entire crop end up as stalks with seeds.  I also raised the light and re-arranged the plants tonight.  It just had to be done because the OG got so tall.  The light is about a foot away from the tip of the OG, but it's nice and cool when I place my palm there so it should be just fine.  I'm a little more concerned about the LA's since now they're about 3 ft from the light, so I'll probably rig up a little platform and get them a bit closer when I have time.

Anyways, you can see how the OG is towering over the other plants right now lol.  I did tie one of the LA's down, and the other's will probably get a little bit of LST to help increase some light penetration.  I think I'm going to have to switch to everyday feeding with the OG soon.  She got a lot bigger then I anticipated, so her root system is probably doing a good job of filling out that bucket.  All of the plants except the kushberry, which is a week behind the others, are showing some nice buds already.  The trichome formation is already beautiful on the LA's, I'll have to get the loupe out and take some pictures through it again. 

Overall I'm very happy with where things are at.  Day 25-30 is where I've been seeing some issues appear, hopefully I won't run into anything as severe as that last kushberry run (which I still rate as a failure).  I'll try and get some pics up on the weekend. :smile:

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #483237 - 09/28/10 07:48 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Fed Tonight

12 ml Sensi A+B
8 ml Bud Candy
4 ml Big Bud

Total PPM 1330

Gave the OG a bump in the base nutes tonight.  Thought maybe she could use a little extra.  The LA's are looking real nice so I kept them at the 8 ml dose.  I figured since the OG was much larger then the other plants she could use the extra food.  I'll probably start watering her every day now, she was looking a little wilted when I checked in tonight.  I'll probably wait til Sat. to start doing that unless I really feel like she needs the extra water.

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #483857 - 09/30/10 07:23 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Fed Tonight

12 ml Sensi A+B
8 ml Bud Candy
4 ml Big Bud

Total PPM 1330 (same solution from last time)

Fucking christ, the OG just wont stop growing up.  I might have to go get some bushmaster or something, she's now 30" tall.  I had to raise the light again, will have to definitely raise the other plants up now, and hope to god the OG fucking stops the vertical growth.  I really don't like growing plants that tall anymore so this is a bit of PITA for me.  I hope I'll be able to keep her smaller in the future otherwise I'll have to ditch it for indoor growing (although the outdoor potential is pretty sweet IMO).

Anyways, seems to be ok I guess.  Still a little lighter green then the LA's but otherwise growing very well (she gained two inches since last night lol).

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #484177 - 10/01/10 06:37 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Day 20

Well I had to raise the lights again which forced me to find some way to raise the other smaller plants closer to the light.  Even if it cuts off some light to the lower portion of the OG, it's better then cutting off the light to 4 other plants.  Luckily I had a four extra red buckets lying around and just flipped them around.  Worked like a charm, I'd like them a little higher but this will do for now.

Still wish I could green this OG plant up a bit more.  I'm really not sure what the problem is honestly and I don't want to go throwing a lot of food at her for no reason. I bumped her up to 12 ml's, but maybe I do need to go up to 16.

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #484434 - 10/02/10 06:41 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Fed Tonight

16 ml Sensi A+B
8 ml Bud Candy
8 ml Big Bud

Upped the dosage on the base nutes, figured two feedings at full strength and I'll see what happens.  Since they hit the 1/2 way point with the big bud I also switched that up to the full strength dose.  The LA's and Kushberry are getting 8 ml's of the base nutes still and loving it :smile:

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #485102 - 10/04/10 07:12 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Fed Tonight

16 ml Sensi A+B
8 ml Bud Candy
8 ml Big Bud

Total PPM 1900

Still with the same solution as before, this is the last feeding she'll get at this strength as I'm going to back down back to 12 ml's.  The really big fan leaves are the only ones affected by this, but the rest of the plant is nice and green now so I don't want to risk frying her.  Buds are starting to come in nice now on all the girls, I hope to have this all finished up before November is finished. 

November 14th would be Day 64 and my optimistic harvest time for every plant but the kushberry.  I started the KB a week later then the rest so she'll have to wait until the 21's to get the chop.  I might push them all to day 70 or so to give them that extra time, but I'll just have to see how things are going around that time.

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #485129 - 10/04/10 07:55 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Day 23

Here's a couple of pictures real quick just to show the difference between the healthier small leaves, and the sick large fans.  Motherfuckers are huge too, I think if I grow this strain again I'll need to scrog it.

Also figured I'd just keep throwing in updated shots of the overall cab, might as well show off what's looking pretty damn nice IMO.  The LA's are just coated in trichomes but the OG has yet to really display any sort of gland formation at all.  Oh well, sat's are slower then the rest so I'm sure she'll catch up soon.

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #485683 - 10/06/10 08:39 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Fed Tonight
16 ml Sensi A+B
8 ml Bud Candy
8 ml Big Bud

Well some of the upper leaves appear to be greening up so fuck it, I'll keep giving them this strength and just keep my eye on it.  Also fed one of the LA's at this strength because she began exhibiting the symptoms I see around this point in time.  I'm really hoping to get up to the hydro shop this weekend, but once again it's looking like I'll have to push it off.  I've been thinking about switching to feeding every day for a little bit now, but I'm still unsure if they need it and i'd rather underfeed them then overfeed.  I'll be doing a spot check tomorrow to see if they're using more water, but the pots have been feeling decently heavy the day after feeding.

Other then that all are looking pretty good, buds are really starting to fill in on the LA's.

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #486384 - 10/09/10 02:06 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Fed Last Night
16 ml Sensi A+B
8 ml Bud Candy
8 ml Big Bud

Total PPM 1900

I switched the OG up to every day feedings now.  A lot of the yellowing has greened up some so she must have been starving.  Funny because the description on the attitudes site lists this plant as being a little sensitive to food, but I really haven't seen that (except in the very beginning).  She's been taking the full strength dose with no problems and I'll continue to do so until I see a reason to lower it.  The LA's and Kushberry have been bumped up to full strength feedings as well, although they are still on an every other day feeding schedule.  Looks like the one or two of the LA's are starting to show the problem symptoms I see around this time.  At this point I'm thinking a slight Mg deficiency, no way it could be P or K like I had previously thought since they're getting plenty of both.  I'm ordering a bottle of sensical and overdrive so as soon as that gets to me I'll mix in a dose of it with their feedings and see what it does for me.

Got some pics but I have to wait to post them for a little bit.

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #486454 - 10/09/10 05:18 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Couple quicks from last night which was day 27.  They are now on day 28 and beginning the 5th week.

--------------------

InvisibleFazed
and dazed

#489233 - 10/18/10 06:52 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

(:thumbup:)

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: OG #18 x Skunk #1 Log [Re: Fazed]
    #490885 - 10/23/10 10:02 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Day 42

Coming into the home stretch here, just three more weeks for the LA's and the OG.  4 For the KB.  OG is putting out a massive cola, it's not as covered in trichs as I like, but it still looks nice.  Definitely has a strong citrus smell that just sticks to the inside of your nose if you rub your hand on the buds.  I hope I can keep that smell because it's intoxicating lol.  The rest of the cabinet is looking nice, after this run I'm wanting to do another straight LA grow again.  I just took 6 clippings.  I'm hoping that a longer veg time will give me a better yield.

I had popped the Kandy Kush and Sleestack beans, but had to give them away because I had no room for them.  I'll go back to my friend when they've been sexed and take some cuttings, but for now I need to focus on my current moms.  As excited for the OG as I was I don't think I'll be keeping it.  I'll hold my breath until the smoke test, but so far I'm just really unimpressed.  Same thing with the Kushberry, I like it, but the LA gives me the bud structure I desire and the other two don't.  I think I'm going to just ditch the other two and focus on finding pure, dominant, indica strains.

I'll get a couple more updates in before harvest, I start feeding with overdrive tomorrow on all plants but the kushberry.

--------------------

OfflineInbred_gimp
Herb Connesuir
Male User Gallery

Loc: Beyond the wall of sleep
    #491362 - 10/25/10 05:45 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

looking real good man ! :fonz:

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: OG #18 x Skunk #1 Log [Re: Inbred_gimp]
    #494142 - 11/01/10 07:46 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Day 51

Thanks for the compliments guys :smile:

Almost finished with this grow.  I really should be harvesting the LA's this weekend, but they're getting their flush next week with a harvest plan for them.  It's really evident how much sativa is in the Kushberry and the OG, I'm pushing them at least two more weeks after I harvest the LA.  They'll begin being fed overdrive next week before their flush. 

As you can see, I need to run out ASAP and get some stakes for the OG hehe.  It was leaning a lot worse before some string and a drill helped prop it up.  I'll get some wooden dowels and stake both the KB and OG up sometime soon since they're both getting top heavy.  The LA's are just GORGEOUS, I'm going to do my best to get some better photos of them at harvest to show off how nice the trichome coverage is.  I just wish they had a knockout odor, so far none of the skunk train I've grown has had a powerful scent.  You can definitely tell the difference if you get up close and rub a bit.  So far I like the OG the best, it has a nice fresh (almost piney) start and leaves what smells like lemon starburst stuck to the inside of your nose.  The KB has a more pungent fruit aroma, the best way to describe it is almost an artificial fruit.  A buddy of mine came over and said it reminded him of knock off fruity pebbles lol.

Either way I'm winding down this grow and getting ready for my all LA grow.  I'll be focusing on vegging the cuttings for a few weeks this time as it's obviously needed to pull in bigger buds/yield.  I'll hopefully be flipping the lights sometime near the middle of Dec if not a little earlier :smile:

--------------------

Invisiblecurbstop
Stranger

Re: OG #18 x Skunk #1 Log *DELETED* [Re: coda]
    #494514 - 11/02/10 09:48 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Post deleted by curbstop

Reason for deletion: Sdr

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: OG #18 x Skunk #1 Log [Re: curbstop]
    #497947 - 11/14/10 11:45 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Harvested my LA Confidential's last night.  Have to dry them in paper bags because I'm still flowering the OG and the KB right now.  Not my favorite way to dry, but it does the trick.  The above is a couple quick snaps, didn't have much time to take pictures of the overall harvest. 

OG and KB might come down next week, I'd like to give them two more but I think I'd rather just chop and be done with it.

--------------------

OfflineInbred_gimp
Herb Connesuir
Male User Gallery

Loc: Beyond the wall of sleep
    #498127 - 11/15/10 12:17 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

They are some beautiful buds coda! good work :highfive:

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: OG #18 x Skunk #1 Log [Re: Inbred_gimp]
    #498256 - 11/15/10 04:45 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Thanks man, the camera does the buds no justice.  These buds literally sparkle in the sunlight :smile:  I wish I had the ability to take some good macros because the calyxes don't have a single spot on them that isn't covered in trichs.

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #499470 - 11/19/10 04:55 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

LA Final dry weight = 65.3 grams.  The little runty plant killed my average on that one, pulling in .77 oz' per plant.  with the runt taken out I'm right around my normal average for this strain.  I could have done better but I rushed these clones into flowering and they were dwarfed by the OG and the KB in the cabinet so the light wasn't the best.  It's not the best yielding strain anyways, but, it's been my favorite thus far.  I already have 6 clones at right under a foot that will begin flowering next week, they may be a little too tall though so I might trim them back.

Anyways, not the best final result, but I have more of it to smoke on now :laugh:

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #499962 - 11/21/10 05:44 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Made the decision to chop down the OG and the KB on monday or tues.  I need to get the next run of LA clones in ASAP, they grew a lot more quickly than I had anticipated.  At least I know I'll have some bigger LA's this run heheh.

The LA's I just chopped hit the jars on Friday.  Haven't smoked any yet, but I'll most likely try it out tomorrow.  Doesn't look as nice as my last go with it, but we'll see :smile:

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #500200 - 11/22/10 09:59 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Harvested tonight!  First two pics are the OG, second two the Kushberry, and a final snap of my scissor hash (which I'm presently toking on, yum I miss hash).  After 4+ hours of trimming I didn't really feeling like fucking with the camera too much.  I'm sick of the damn thing anyways, can never get it to give me a good image no matter what i do, I know my lighting is shit but goddamn you can't take any fucking closeups with the thing. 

Anyways, total flowering time for the OG and the KB was 70 days (give a day or two).  I wanted to push them to this weekend, but the LA's I have vegging are ready NAO so I needed the space.  I'll be placing those in the flowering room tomorrow and starting a log as well.  I've been wanting to do a straight LA run for a while now, so this should be nice.

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: OG #18 x Skunk #1 Log (moved) [Re: coda]
    #500202 - 11/22/10 10:01 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

This thread was moved from the user's journal.

Reason:
Finished grow belongs in the grow log section

Offlinethe man

#500217 - 11/22/10 11:26 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

nice dude looks wicked. that KB was still growin when you chopped it eh makes it harder to do... haha

OfflinePsuper
حشيش حشّاشين
 User Gallery

Loc: Left Coast
Re: OG #18 x Skunk #1 Log (moved) [Re: the man]
    #500221 - 11/22/10 11:43 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

MMMmmmmmm scissor hash.......

Nice lookin' buds Coda.  Always enjoy your pics. :thumbup:

--------------------
Shroomery.org

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: OG #18 x Skunk #1 Log (moved) [Re: Psuper]
    #500357 - 11/23/10 04:40 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

that KB was still growin when you chopped it eh makes it harder to do

Yah, I really wanted to give the KB those few extra days.  I was getting sick of the OG though so I was glad to hack that one down lol.  I was thinking of getting rid of both the KB and the OG, but I'm gonna keep them around for a little while longer.  May just hand a couple clones to a friend of mine to raise so I can free up some closet space.

Looking at getting some new gear too, GHS has a feminized multi pack for dirt cheap that has a bunch of strains I want to grow.  It's fucking hard choosing a strain though, I keep finding ones I want in my collection :smile:

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #500627 - 11/24/10 04:30 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Go FUCKING FIGURE.  Inspected the buds today during their daily turn and noticed the main cola from my OG had a spot of white mold in the middle.  I start cutting the buds off one by one from the bottom, i got about 4 buds off the bottom and then I hit the middle.  Mold fucking CITY.  The very tip of the cola, plus the few buds from the bottom of the cola, were the only salvageable parts.  The rest was so riddled with rot I had no choice but to separate it and place it in another room.  I don't know what I'll do with it, part of me wants to add it to my hash pile but the thought of any mold contaminating my hash makes me think twice.  For now it's sitting in a new bag in my garage far away from the rest of the crop. 

Nothing else seems to be affected, the main cola of the KB and all the other really dense buds show no signs of mold.  Of course this means I'll be turning the buds twice daily now with a heavy inspection each time until they're dry enough for the jar.  I really hate bag drying, but I don't think it's the culprit here.  My guess is the cola had started to rot before harvest and just accelerated as I began to dry them.  The only other time I've ever dealt with bud rot was when I had jarred too early, and again, it was the biggest buds of the harvest that were affected.  I'm taking this as a lesson learned and I'll probably trim down colas that size in the future before drying, also probably need to increase the air circulation in my cabinet too.

What an awesome way to start my vacation lol </rage>

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #501958 - 11/30/10 02:06 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Final Weigh in!

LA Final dry weight = 65.3 grams.

Kushberry final dry weight = 80.7 grams

OG18 final dry weight = 82.1 grams

Total weight = 228.1 grams or 8.15 oz's

I should note that I lost 21 grams of the OG so total SMOKABLE bud comes in at 208.1 grams.  I'm about to fire up some of this OG for the first time, I'm not too happy with the way things turned out with it but it's bud to smoke that's for sure.  I'll most likely be removing the OG from the garden, I'm on the fence about keeping the Kushberry but it's a good producer and the buds are really nice and strong.  So I'll probably have one more go at it before I retire it.

Currently growing my next run which is LA Confidential x Skunk #1.  After that I have my eyes on a GHS fem pack and will probably grow 3 White Rhino and 3 Trainwreck.  I'll get that figured out when I place an order for some new gear, getting tired of the skunk train honestly and want to move on.

Anyways, that's it for this grow!

--------------------

Offlinethe man

#501990 - 11/30/10 03:17 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

pretty much a year to the day since the skunk train came to town!! haha

OfflineNewAgeRetroHippy
useless
Male
Re: OG #18 x Skunk #1 Log (moved) [Re: the man]
    #508081 - 12/22/10 07:21 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

so nice!! very inspirational
Quote:

At this point I can't honestly say that the AN nute line is any better then the GH.  I can say, however, that I do enjoy the liquidity of the nutes how I can use a syringe to measure my doses now (and no shaking for 5 minutes either!).  Seems easier to adjust the pH as well, I did notice that using the distilled water the AN line balanced itself out at 5.8 pH.  With my tap I drop in between .5 and 1 ml of pH down per feeding.

yes, i like AN nutes. Very easy to work with.

OfflineCrusty Ass Bastard
Pheno Hunting

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
    #508108 - 12/22/10 08:37 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

I missed this grow, damn! Nice haul!

The mold you describe with the OG18 x Skunk seems exactly like the type I ran into with the LAC x Skunk...weird.

How do you like the smoke? I miss smoking this and the KB quite a bit...very jealous right now.

--------------------
|

Skunk Train (Most Recent) | G13 Haze (Completed) | G13 Haze (Completed) | G13 Haze (Completed)
Cinnibis Rolls | Indoor Peppers

"The secret of improved plant breeding, apart from scientific knowledge, is love." -Luther Burbank

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: OG #18 x Skunk #1 Log (moved) [Re: Crusty Ass Bastard]
    #508904 - 12/26/10 06:37 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Honestly?  The OG has been the poorest I've grown.  I place all of the blame on me, but while it produced some nice looking buds the quality is far below the other strains in the that run.

--------------------

OfflineJeff Funk
 User Gallery

#510313 - 12/31/10 10:44 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

I was wondering about the Og18 x skunk from DNA. Im currently growing the sleestack x skunk myself.

--------------------
@Str8dankgenetics

Invisiblemaryanne3087
Stranger
Trusted Cultivator
    #511921 - 01/08/11 01:47 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Very nice.

I want to try Sleestack myself.

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: OG #18 x Skunk #1 Log (moved) [Re: maryanne3087]
    #512216 - 01/09/11 09:23 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

I gave away my sleestack and kandy kush babies to a friend of mine.  I'm hoping he got a girl or two so I can go back and take some cuttings, but I didn't have room to keep them so they had to go. 

I want to get some new gear in my closet.  I've been looking at a GHS feminized pack that would give me a great selection (even though its only bean per strain).  I'm also considering spending a little dough and grabbing some seeds from Mr Nice as well as picking up the original LA Confidential.  I think I'll be doing one more Kushberry run while get some new gear ready and by summer I'll have a lot more to choose from.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck