Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: OG #18 x Skunk #1 Log [Re: coda]
    #485129 - 10/04/10 07:55 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Day 23

Here's a couple of pictures real quick just to show the difference between the healthier small leaves, and the sick large fans.  Motherfuckers are huge too, I think if I grow this strain again I'll need to scrog it.

Also figured I'd just keep throwing in updated shots of the overall cab, might as well show off what's looking pretty damn nice IMO.  The LA's are just coated in trichomes but the OG has yet to really display any sort of gland formation at all.  Oh well, sat's are slower then the rest so I'm sure she'll catch up soon.

--------------------

MFDoom666: sobriety kills my buzz every time.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #485683 - 10/06/10 08:39 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Fed Tonight
16 ml Sensi A+B
8 ml Bud Candy
8 ml Big Bud

Well some of the upper leaves appear to be greening up so fuck it, I'll keep giving them this strength and just keep my eye on it.  Also fed one of the LA's at this strength because she began exhibiting the symptoms I see around this point in time.  I'm really hoping to get up to the hydro shop this weekend, but once again it's looking like I'll have to push it off.  I've been thinking about switching to feeding every day for a little bit now, but I'm still unsure if they need it and i'd rather underfeed them then overfeed.  I'll be doing a spot check tomorrow to see if they're using more water, but the pots have been feeling decently heavy the day after feeding.

Other then that all are looking pretty good, buds are really starting to fill in on the LA's.

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #486384 - 10/09/10 02:06 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Fed Last Night
16 ml Sensi A+B
8 ml Bud Candy
8 ml Big Bud

Total PPM 1900

I switched the OG up to every day feedings now.  A lot of the yellowing has greened up some so she must have been starving.  Funny because the description on the attitudes site lists this plant as being a little sensitive to food, but I really haven't seen that (except in the very beginning).  She's been taking the full strength dose with no problems and I'll continue to do so until I see a reason to lower it.  The LA's and Kushberry have been bumped up to full strength feedings as well, although they are still on an every other day feeding schedule.  Looks like the one or two of the LA's are starting to show the problem symptoms I see around this time.  At this point I'm thinking a slight Mg deficiency, no way it could be P or K like I had previously thought since they're getting plenty of both.  I'm ordering a bottle of sensical and overdrive so as soon as that gets to me I'll mix in a dose of it with their feedings and see what it does for me.

Got some pics but I have to wait to post them for a little bit.

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #486454 - 10/09/10 05:18 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Couple quicks from last night which was day 27.  They are now on day 28 and beginning the 5th week.

--------------------

InvisibleFazed
and dazed

#489233 - 10/18/10 06:52 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

(:thumbup:)

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: OG #18 x Skunk #1 Log [Re: Fazed]
    #490885 - 10/23/10 10:02 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Day 42

Coming into the home stretch here, just three more weeks for the LA's and the OG.  4 For the KB.  OG is putting out a massive cola, it's not as covered in trichs as I like, but it still looks nice.  Definitely has a strong citrus smell that just sticks to the inside of your nose if you rub your hand on the buds.  I hope I can keep that smell because it's intoxicating lol.  The rest of the cabinet is looking nice, after this run I'm wanting to do another straight LA grow again.  I just took 6 clippings.  I'm hoping that a longer veg time will give me a better yield.

I had popped the Kandy Kush and Sleestack beans, but had to give them away because I had no room for them.  I'll go back to my friend when they've been sexed and take some cuttings, but for now I need to focus on my current moms.  As excited for the OG as I was I don't think I'll be keeping it.  I'll hold my breath until the smoke test, but so far I'm just really unimpressed.  Same thing with the Kushberry, I like it, but the LA gives me the bud structure I desire and the other two don't.  I think I'm going to just ditch the other two and focus on finding pure, dominant, indica strains.

I'll get a couple more updates in before harvest, I start feeding with overdrive tomorrow on all plants but the kushberry.

--------------------

OfflineInbred_gimp
Herb Connesuir
Male User Gallery

Loc: Beyond the wall of sleep
    #491362 - 10/25/10 05:45 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

looking real good man ! :fonz:

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: OG #18 x Skunk #1 Log [Re: Inbred_gimp]
    #494142 - 11/01/10 07:46 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Day 51

Thanks for the compliments guys :smile:

Almost finished with this grow.  I really should be harvesting the LA's this weekend, but they're getting their flush next week with a harvest plan for them.  It's really evident how much sativa is in the Kushberry and the OG, I'm pushing them at least two more weeks after I harvest the LA.  They'll begin being fed overdrive next week before their flush. 

As you can see, I need to run out ASAP and get some stakes for the OG hehe.  It was leaning a lot worse before some string and a drill helped prop it up.  I'll get some wooden dowels and stake both the KB and OG up sometime soon since they're both getting top heavy.  The LA's are just GORGEOUS, I'm going to do my best to get some better photos of them at harvest to show off how nice the trichome coverage is.  I just wish they had a knockout odor, so far none of the skunk train I've grown has had a powerful scent.  You can definitely tell the difference if you get up close and rub a bit.  So far I like the OG the best, it has a nice fresh (almost piney) start and leaves what smells like lemon starburst stuck to the inside of your nose.  The KB has a more pungent fruit aroma, the best way to describe it is almost an artificial fruit.  A buddy of mine came over and said it reminded him of knock off fruity pebbles lol.

Either way I'm winding down this grow and getting ready for my all LA grow.  I'll be focusing on vegging the cuttings for a few weeks this time as it's obviously needed to pull in bigger buds/yield.  I'll hopefully be flipping the lights sometime near the middle of Dec if not a little earlier :smile:

--------------------

Invisiblecurbstop
Stranger

Re: OG #18 x Skunk #1 Log *DELETED* [Re: coda]
    #494514 - 11/02/10 09:48 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Post deleted by curbstop

Reason for deletion: Sdr

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: OG #18 x Skunk #1 Log [Re: curbstop]
    #497947 - 11/14/10 11:45 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Harvested my LA Confidential's last night.  Have to dry them in paper bags because I'm still flowering the OG and the KB right now.  Not my favorite way to dry, but it does the trick.  The above is a couple quick snaps, didn't have much time to take pictures of the overall harvest. 

OG and KB might come down next week, I'd like to give them two more but I think I'd rather just chop and be done with it.

--------------------

OfflineInbred_gimp
Herb Connesuir
Male User Gallery

Loc: Beyond the wall of sleep
    #498127 - 11/15/10 12:17 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

They are some beautiful buds coda! good work :highfive:

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: OG #18 x Skunk #1 Log [Re: Inbred_gimp]
    #498256 - 11/15/10 04:45 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Thanks man, the camera does the buds no justice.  These buds literally sparkle in the sunlight :smile:  I wish I had the ability to take some good macros because the calyxes don't have a single spot on them that isn't covered in trichs.

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #499470 - 11/19/10 04:55 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

LA Final dry weight = 65.3 grams.  The little runty plant killed my average on that one, pulling in .77 oz' per plant.  with the runt taken out I'm right around my normal average for this strain.  I could have done better but I rushed these clones into flowering and they were dwarfed by the OG and the KB in the cabinet so the light wasn't the best.  It's not the best yielding strain anyways, but, it's been my favorite thus far.  I already have 6 clones at right under a foot that will begin flowering next week, they may be a little too tall though so I might trim them back.

Anyways, not the best final result, but I have more of it to smoke on now :laugh:

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #499962 - 11/21/10 05:44 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Made the decision to chop down the OG and the KB on monday or tues.  I need to get the next run of LA clones in ASAP, they grew a lot more quickly than I had anticipated.  At least I know I'll have some bigger LA's this run heheh.

The LA's I just chopped hit the jars on Friday.  Haven't smoked any yet, but I'll most likely try it out tomorrow.  Doesn't look as nice as my last go with it, but we'll see :smile:

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #500200 - 11/22/10 09:59 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Harvested tonight!  First two pics are the OG, second two the Kushberry, and a final snap of my scissor hash (which I'm presently toking on, yum I miss hash).  After 4+ hours of trimming I didn't really feeling like fucking with the camera too much.  I'm sick of the damn thing anyways, can never get it to give me a good image no matter what i do, I know my lighting is shit but goddamn you can't take any fucking closeups with the thing. 

Anyways, total flowering time for the OG and the KB was 70 days (give a day or two).  I wanted to push them to this weekend, but the LA's I have vegging are ready NAO so I needed the space.  I'll be placing those in the flowering room tomorrow and starting a log as well.  I've been wanting to do a straight LA run for a while now, so this should be nice.

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: OG #18 x Skunk #1 Log (moved) [Re: coda]
    #500202 - 11/22/10 10:01 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

This thread was moved from the user's journal.

Reason:
Finished grow belongs in the grow log section

Offlinethe man

#500217 - 11/22/10 11:26 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

nice dude looks wicked. that KB was still growin when you chopped it eh makes it harder to do... haha

OfflinePsuper
حشيش حشّاشين
 User Gallery

Loc: Left Coast
Re: OG #18 x Skunk #1 Log (moved) [Re: the man]
    #500221 - 11/22/10 11:43 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

MMMmmmmmm scissor hash.......

Nice lookin' buds Coda.  Always enjoy your pics. :thumbup:

--------------------
Shroomery.org

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: OG #18 x Skunk #1 Log (moved) [Re: Psuper]
    #500357 - 11/23/10 04:40 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

that KB was still growin when you chopped it eh makes it harder to do

Yah, I really wanted to give the KB those few extra days.  I was getting sick of the OG though so I was glad to hack that one down lol.  I was thinking of getting rid of both the KB and the OG, but I'm gonna keep them around for a little while longer.  May just hand a couple clones to a friend of mine to raise so I can free up some closet space.

Looking at getting some new gear too, GHS has a feminized multi pack for dirt cheap that has a bunch of strains I want to grow.  It's fucking hard choosing a strain though, I keep finding ones I want in my collection :smile:

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #500627 - 11/24/10 04:30 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Go FUCKING FIGURE.  Inspected the buds today during their daily turn and noticed the main cola from my OG had a spot of white mold in the middle.  I start cutting the buds off one by one from the bottom, i got about 4 buds off the bottom and then I hit the middle.  Mold fucking CITY.  The very tip of the cola, plus the few buds from the bottom of the cola, were the only salvageable parts.  The rest was so riddled with rot I had no choice but to separate it and place it in another room.  I don't know what I'll do with it, part of me wants to add it to my hash pile but the thought of any mold contaminating my hash makes me think twice.  For now it's sitting in a new bag in my garage far away from the rest of the crop. 

Nothing else seems to be affected, the main cola of the KB and all the other really dense buds show no signs of mold.  Of course this means I'll be turning the buds twice daily now with a heavy inspection each time until they're dry enough for the jar.  I really hate bag drying, but I don't think it's the culprit here.  My guess is the cola had started to rot before harvest and just accelerated as I began to dry them.  The only other time I've ever dealt with bud rot was when I had jarred too early, and again, it was the biggest buds of the harvest that were affected.  I'm taking this as a lesson learned and I'll probably trim down colas that size in the future before drying, also probably need to increase the air circulation in my cabinet too.

What an awesome way to start my vacation lol </rage>

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder