Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineshasha
aspiring sadhu

shasha's first grow - baller bagseeds outdoor
    #449296 - 07/21/10 01:19 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

alright kids, thought i'd finally start a log of my first ever grow :jah:

plants were all germed from some old bagseed around the end of may/beginning of june and sexed - males have all been killed and i now have 9 total females outside (plus 10 clones which have yet to root, they have been in a self-made DWC cloner for almost a week)

i think i have 3 or 4 distinct phenotypes, some indica dominant and some sativa dominant!

family shots of the potted plants:

delicious close ups of my favorite potted plants:

the biggest plants initially suffered from some major lockout/watering issues before i transplanted to fox farm ocean forest and vegged indoors under a 400w HPS + flouros for several weeks before moving outside/transplanting to bigger pots

check out the difference since the transplant about two weeks ago:

three of the plants were transplanted in the ground about a week ago and were also LST'ed for stealth + yield

things are looking amazing right now - in just two weeks the plants have become huge and dense - i can't imagine how these will look come harvest time, not to mention flowering probably won't really kick in for another few weeks :rockon:

here's the thing - everything has been set up to a drip system using technaflora organic nutes (grow + bloom), however, the plants will essentially be unattended for the next month (i'll be out of the country) so i'm wondering how much water each of these beasts will need when i'm gone

i was thinking between 1-1.5 gallons for each plant spread out over the course of each week via drip system - does this sound adequate? any help will be appreciated!

here's to an awesome first experience! :jah:

--------------------
"Today, a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration...that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively. There's no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we're the imagination of ourselves. Here's Tom with the weather." - Bill Hicks

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDieselB
High Watt Closet
Male

Re: shasha's first grow - baller bagseeds [Re: shasha]
    #449424 - 07/21/10 04:16 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Things look good so far. I think you may be running into a Ph imbalance or defficency on atleast one pretty soon.

I don't know about watering while you're gone.. It would be a lot better if you could have someone stop by and water them atleast once a week. It's exceptionally hard to determine how much your plants are going to need. I  don't think they will be needing a gallon a week.. But the outside/in the ground plants may, depending.. And then how do you plan on feeding, are you just gonna give them food with every watering the whole time? Or just plain water the whole time?

Giving us a little more info like volume of the containers the plants are in, apprx. height/size of plants, what the climate/weather is like around you right now and how much rain you get on average etc..

--------------------
If you ain't smokin' dro, you're smokin' reggie. :shrug:

Offlineshasha
aspiring sadhu

Re: shasha's first grow - baller bagseeds [Re: DieselB]
    #449491 - 07/21/10 04:52 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

thanks for the help diesel, as far as watering goes, the drip-system res is filled with about half strength nutes right now, and i was planning on watering 3-4 times a week with this solution while i'm gone.

i've had no issues with nute burn so far with the mild organic mix - but i would like to know more about your anticipated phosphorus deficiency...early on before the transplant i had some red-stem/phosphorus deficiency issues but those have since cleared up

there will be somebody around to check on the plants and give additional water if necessary - i'll be in contact with this person regularly during my absence and will give a list of things to look for (ie nute deficiencies, pH issues, etc.) while i'm gone

it's the peak of summer here in minnesota right now so it's been very hot and stormy lately - this weather should continue up until i return from my trip (in fact the plants weathered some nasty hail a few days ago - cannabis is indeed a hardy plant :thumbup:)

that's all i got for now - i'll get some more numbers regarding pot volume/height etc. hopefully by tomorrow :jah:

--------------------
"Today, a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration...that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively. There's no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we're the imagination of ourselves. Here's Tom with the weather." - Bill Hicks

Offlineshasha
aspiring sadhu

#449514 - 07/21/10 05:10 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

k, checked out the pots - the three biggest plants are in ~5 gallon pots

the two medium sized ones are in ~3 gallon pots while the smallest one is in a ~2 gallon pot, hope this helps

medium is mostly ocean forest/happy frog soil + some peat/verm in the bigger pots

also, the plants have been trained extensively - nothing is over 1 foot right now, probably an average of between 6-10 inches tall

--------------------

Edited by shasha (07/21/10 05:17 PM)

OfflineDieselB
High Watt Closet
Male

#449569 - 07/21/10 06:25 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Sounds good, but I meant Potential Hydrogen, not phosphorous.

--------------------
If you ain't smokin' dro, you're smokin' reggie. :shrug:

Offlineshasha
aspiring sadhu

Re: shasha's first grow - baller bagseeds [Re: DieselB]
    #449571 - 07/21/10 06:30 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

DieselB said:
Sounds good, but I meant Potential Hydrogen, not phosphorous.

my b, never heard the term "pH deficiency" so i got confused haha, any pointers on keeping it under control?

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies