Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleGod
Yahweh

Re: Cinderella 99 (F2) & Bagseed: 600W, Hempy [Re: Smokey the Bear]
    #489375 - 10/19/10 05:24 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Thanks, Smokey.

I just wanted to update again with a few pictures and info, not sure if I should be worried or not.  I fed right after taking those last pictures, and had flushed heavily instead of feeding last time.  When I checked ~10 hours later, B4 looked bad: lots of very yellow fan leaves, mainly.  I was a bit worried, but she's looked bad for a little while now but is still packing on the weight.  When I came back after another 12 hours, the two Cindys were yellowing up the same!  Here's how they look as of a few minutes ago:

I'm wondering if it's just that they're so excited to get food, they used a bunch to grow and make new bud/leaves, then started taking nutrients from fan leaves to keep up with new growth regimen.  I'm hoping it's that!  Tell me what you think.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinelostinbq
!!!STARNGE!!!!

Re: Cinderella 99 (F2) & Bagseed: 600W, Hempy [Re: God]
    #489472 - 10/19/10 01:05 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

:shrug:

--------------------
Everyone are you ready for doom,
Because I've blackened the sun,
And I've bloodied the moon.
I bring gloom when I step in the room,
With the fumes of a tomb.
flowers bloom when Im taken away
:rofldrunk:

InvisibleGod
Yahweh

#490653 - 10/23/10 05:54 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Day 47

Things are looking much better than they were last I posted.  Here's a thread I made about it in DD, there's a bit more info there for the interested.  I figured it was a pH problem, so I prepped the ladies for a proper flush.
Thing is, they'd gotten pretty spread out, what with the training I gave them combined with the weight of their buds.  All this foliage in the way, mostly at or outside of the rim of the bucket, and a large portion of the interior space empty!  It was becoming difficult to arrange them close enough together to maximize the light's potential.  I still had plenty of vertical space, so I figured I'd just stake them up taller, towards the middle of the bucket.  They didn't look as nice as I'd like (they look pretty ridiculous, actually), but I arranged them so the largest buds get the most light.  Also made sure they're not too pressed together, so as to avoid molds (there's also the oscillating fan & myself rearranging them at every opportunity).
Anyway, I then flushed them with a dilute nutrient solution at pH 5.8, and the runoff was coming out at nearly pH 7 at the beginning.  Bleh.  After 5 gallons each, the runoff was down to pH 5.8, at which point I fed them.  I gave each plant a gallon with 7.5 mL FN Bloom and 1 tsp. blackstrap molasses, pH 5.8.  That was about three days ago.  Here's how they're looking now:

B1:

I actually didn't flush her, because she looked fine and it seems too difficult with the tray she's in/tied to (fed her a gallon like the others, though).  She actually hasn't been watered to runoff in over a month :eek:.  Looks fine to me, though!
I'm very pleased with how her buds are filling in.  Despite her sativa build, I expect relatively dense nugs.  All hail the 600W HID! :bow:

B4:

Despite still being the saddest bitch of the bunch, B4 has the burliest nugs!  They're dense and (obviously) good sized.  That 5 incher is the third or fourth biggest, but the most photogenic/accessible.  The largest I could find is ~6.5" when straightened out, but I have trouble holding it straight and photographing simultaneously (noodley appendages FTL), so I'll take proper pics upon harvest.
That deep, dank smell is increasing, as are the trichomes.  Speaking of, I've only seen a couple amber ones so far.  Many are cloudy, so it should be soon.

C1:

Mmmmm MMMMMM!  I'm very excited about this plant.  I think she'll produce noticeably more than her sister, but time will tell.
She's really picked up the pace in the last two weeks.  I checked today and saw a good number of amber trichs (10%?  Enough to notice.)  I probably won't feed her again, just water with molasses at pH 5.8.  Supposed to be a 50 day finisher, and looks like this pheno might nearly live up to that claim!  A keeper, for sure.

C4:

Sorry about the lack of bud shots, I have others (which I'll post below), but I'm not sure if they're from C1 or C4.  I know I have some from both, but I'm pretty disorganized :facepalm:.  Stay tuned, they're still tasty despite their anonymity.
Blah blah, anyway.  C4.  What can I say, she's exactly like her sister, if potentially smaller, and a bit slower (no amber trichs yet).  C99 has a very homogeneous seed lot, even as F2s.  I hope to find some varying phenotypes in smell/taste, but so far these seem the same in that realm.

Errbody:

And here are those anonymous Cindy shots:

Those last three were taken on the 19th with the ones in my previous post.  The buds themselves still looked quite nice, despite the fan leaves' symptoms.

Lastly, since I haven't shown it yet, here are some shots of the upper half of the flowering room, where all the mess is kept:

Better angle of the DIY scrubber, and the inside of the HID (IDK why):

Let me know if you have any questions.

InvisibleGod
Yahweh

#492533 - 10/27/10 08:18 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Day 51

After looking closely at the trichomes on the three main girls (not B1, she barely has trichs at all and probably needs another month), I decided to start the flush for all of them.  Cindys are supposed to finish in 50 days, and the other one seems pretty indica, so it's about that time, and I've seen about 10% amber trichs on all three.  So on Tuesday morning I gave them each a couple gallons of water with 1.5 tsp blackstrap molasses, pH 5.8
Here's how they looked right before that:

That's the two Cindys in the front (C4 on the left, I think), B4 in back left, and B1 back right.

First one Cinderella, then the other.

Obviously B4 in the first one, and B1 in the last two.

And here's how they looked 36 hours later.  I was just able to snag these shots right after lights out; a bunch were deleted due to hasty blurriness, so this is all I've got:

I think the Cindys switched places.

They're maybe starting to yellow up a bit.  It'll be more dramatic in a couple days.

And here's another glimpse of what's to come:

Edited by God (10/27/10 08:28 PM)

Offlinejkell
Midnight toker

Loc: Don' worry bout it
    #495894 - 11/07/10 02:10 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Hey God, with all the help you've given me on my grow I wanted to check yours out and I've gotta say it looks amazing! Any updates yet? Havest anything yet?

Keep us posted!

InvisibleGod
Yahweh

Re: Cinderella 99 (F2) & Bagseed: 600W, Hempy [Re: jkell]
    #496401 - 11/08/10 03:28 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Hey jkell, thanks for the interest.  I'm glad you asked, I guess it's about time for another update, huh?

Here are a few pictures from about five days after the last set above (so that'd be the morning of Nov 2, Day 57):

Some bud shots from the same time; the first four are of some C99, the last four are of B4:

And here are some pictures right before harvest of each one.

Cinderella 99 #1, harvested Nov 4, Day 59:

(I know that last picture is blurry, but I wanted to show the color the leaves were changing to during the flush.)

Cinderella 99 #4, harvested Nov 6, Day 61:

Bagseed #4, Harvested Nov 7, Day 62:

The C99s both yielded a whole lot of small buds, and a good bit of minuscule popcorn, which will make fine hash.  It looks like it's going to be a pretty slim harvest with these two.  It seems like they have more potential, but a combination of factors limited its output.  I think this strain is better suited to a minimalistic training regime, as it already has a tendency to be branched and lanky, and has trouble supporting itself with its thin stems.  Lollipop SOG, topping, FIMing, or minimal LST are what I have in mind for the future.

B4 is a different story.  She can handle plenty of training and still produce large colas.  Still, I think I'm going to treat her the same as the Cindys next time around and see if I can get some nice fat colas.

Speaking of colas, here's a few more pictures:

B4:

C1:

That's everything I've got for now!  I'll update again soon, once I have dry weights of these three.

Offlinegoldennic007
Balanced
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ideal realitY
    #496470 - 11/08/10 07:04 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

i appreciate your in-depth chronicling of this grow.  i am learning much, to better the output of my first grow attempt with some bag seeds.

--------------------
Amsterdam Honeymoon:rave:

InvisibleGod
Yahweh

Re: Cinderella 99 (F2) & Bagseed: 600W, Hempy [Re: goldennic007]
    #496493 - 11/08/10 08:48 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Thanks dude, that's cool to hear.  Have you started your bagseed grow yet?  Make sure to start up a journal on here when you do.

Offlinejkell
Midnight toker

#496526 - 11/08/10 11:34 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Looks great God :thumbup:, Sorry to here about the popcorn cindy, bet its still some good stuff. Throw up the weights when you get them.  :bigblunt:

InvisibleGod
Yahweh

Re: Cinderella 99 (F2) & Bagseed: 600W, Hempy [Re: jkell]
    #497578 - 11/13/10 03:01 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

The yield was smaller that I'd hoped, and much lower than this closet can produce, but I think I've got it mostly dialed in and am ready for round two.
Included in the "trim" are some pretty solid buds that I'd probably buy without question, but they were too small to bother trimming.  I'll be turning most of this into hash, and vaporizing and baking with some of it.  I'll update you guys on the hash part at least.

Anyway, here are the dry weights:

C1=29g bud, 22g trim
C4=21g bud, 20g trim
B4=41g bud, 14g trim

Tot=3.2oz bud, 2oz trim

So I'm a bit disappointed, but not that much.  This much bud would have cost me $1000-$1500, depending on how I bought it, not to mention the trim!  I estimate I've spent about $1500+labor preparing this grow, electricity, equipment, etc.  So I've pretty much already broken even.
:feelsgoodman:

I know the Cindys in particular can produce much more, if grown correctly.  I had some issues with feeding/pH, and with training.  I'm going to try smaller pots with less lateral growth and more support.  B4 obviously has a much higher calyx:leaf ratio, though many of its leaves had died off in the flush.  Both of these factors made it easier to trim, making it a keeper.  I've found a couple seeds, so I thought she was a late-blooming hermie.  However, I've found no male parts on her, leading me to believe that she was pollinated by the hermie I removed earlier in the season, which had only a few bananas, but one or two were just opening.

I'll update this still from time to time with news on B1 the monster sativa, and whatever hash comes from this project.

Invisibledoublehelix
Bodhisativa

#497645 - 11/13/10 10:31 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

great pics  :bow2:

Offlinegoldennic007
Balanced
Male User Gallery

Re: Cinderella 99 (F2) & Bagseed: 600W, Hempy [Re: doublehelix]
    #497736 - 11/13/10 11:30 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

well God, i haven't started my grow yet bc i am still trying to convince my wife.  unbeknownst to her, i am still researching and pricing out the necessities.  i may be starting a new well-paying job soon and i think that will be the fulcrum of my argument to my favor.  when she does finally consent, i will definitely chronicle my grow journal on here.  it will be 2 or 4 seeds.  i am hoping to start it all by mid-december.  :grin:

--------------------

InvisibleGod
Yahweh

#497750 - 11/13/10 12:47 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Cool nic, good luck, I hope everything goes well.  My advice regarding your wife: keep her informed and don't wheedle/"convince" her, or it'll always be that little (read: BIG) thing she'll be unsure of, and it's no fun to worry unnecessarily.  If she understands that you'll not only save money, but actually be safer if you do it right, she may be more inclined to want to be actively involved (you'd be safer because you wouldn't have to drive around with weed all the time when you go buy it, and if you contain the smell and don't tell anyone, no one will know).  Does she smoke herb?

Offlinegoldennic007
Balanced
Male User Gallery

#497761 - 11/13/10 01:43 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

she only smokes two or three times a year, and not if its dank.  she likes mids. you make good points and i have communicated a few of them.  in addition, shes starting to detest the idea of cannabis in general (except medicinal but thats not legal here yet), so i have that to contend and her fear of the legalities.  :rolleyes:

--------------------

InvisibleGod
Yahweh

#497782 - 11/13/10 04:27 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Sounds like you've got a bit of a struggle ahead of you, mate.  She's against cannabis solely because it's illegal, or she also personally dislikes getting high?

OfflineSmOakland
Now with Grow!
Male User Gallery

Loc: Oaktown to NOLA
    #497792 - 11/13/10 04:57 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

goldennic007 said:
well God, i haven't started my grow yet bc i am still trying to convince my wife.  unbeknownst to her, i am still researching and pricing out the necessities.  i may be starting a new well-paying job soon and i think that will be the fulcrum of my argument to my favor.  when she does finally consent, i will definitely chronicle my grow journal on here.  it will be 2 or 4 seeds.  i am hoping to start it all by mid-december.  :grin:

Quote:

goldennic007 said:
she only smokes two or three times a year, and not if its dank.  she likes mids. you make good points and i have communicated a few of them.  in addition, shes starting to detest the idea of cannabis in general (except medicinal but thats not legal here yet), so i have that to contend and her fear of the legalities.  :rolleyes:

Formula for disaster.  Women and illegal activity don't mix well, especially if you live in a non-medical state.  If you want a hobby brew some beer, start a vegetable garden, lift some weights or something.  Your wife sounds like trouble.

Offlinegoldennic007
Balanced
Male User Gallery

Re: Cinderella 99 (F2) & Bagseed: 600W, Hempy [Re: SmOakland]
    #497803 - 11/13/10 05:58 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

God, she doesn't mind other people possessing or consuming cannabis, she minds me being a possessor, consumer, and/or cultivator. 

Quote:

Formula for disaster.  Women and illegal activity don't mix well, especially if you live in a non-medical state.  If you want a hobby brew some beer, start a vegetable garden, lift some weights or something.  Your wife sounds like trouble.

i chuckled when i read that, and in most cases your are absolutely correct, but i sense in my case she just hasn't warmed upto the idea of the finer points God made (and i reiterated).  so i am being patient for our circumstances to improve and she feels safer and more comfortable with the idea of me growing.

--------------------

Offlinejkell
Midnight toker

#497848 - 11/13/10 09:51 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Seems like pretty good weights to me, and I bet you do got everything dialed in. Can't wait to see your next go God! :thumbup::ganja:

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals