Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco All-in-One Grow Bags   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineSquaReSaltine
The grass is greener...
Male

Loc: NC Flag
Needing a beginner friendly indica strain(s).
    #446161 - 07/14/10 08:32 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Hey guys, it's time i got off my ass and grew my own. I will be posting here a lot more in the future!!

Can someone school me on a beginner friendly, somewhat error proof indica. It doesn't have to be the dankest, not to start.

I will be using soil, but i don't even know where to begin. I figured once i had seeds, i could adapt my cabinet to them. I intend to build a small cabinet.

Roughly how much space would i need to grow 1/4lb every 3 months?

Plenty more noob questions to follow!!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSmOakland
Now with Grow!
Male User Gallery

Loc: Oaktown to NOLA
Re: Needing a beginner friendly indica strain(s). [Re: SquaReSaltine]
    #446198 - 07/14/10 10:18 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Welcome to the Weedery.  We need more growers here.

First question I have for you is: have you ever grown any plant before, indoors or out?  If not, you might want to consider lowryder.  It is very very easy to grow and will be ready to harvest in only 9 weeks.  It is probably the easiest strain to grow.

If you do not already have a book on cannabis cultivation?  The internet and the Growery are useful tools, but if you want to get serious about growing your own  bud, buying Jorge Cervantes's Marijuana Horticulture for $29.95 is worth the investment.  Look at it this way: your harvest will most likely be worth $30 more because of the errors prevented by the knowledge you acquire from this book.

OfflineSmOakland
Now with Grow!
Male User Gallery

Re: Needing a beginner friendly indica strain(s). [Re: SmOakland]
    #446205 - 07/14/10 10:34 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

If this is your first grow you should also consider growing out the seeds that you find in your bags of weed.  That way if you mess up you will not have wasted $$$.  I grew successfully for years without ever paying for good genetics.

Invisiblestarrider

#446311 - 07/14/10 02:21 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

SmOakland said:
Welcome to the Weedery.  We need more growers here.

First question I have for you is: have you ever grown any plant before, indoors or out?  If not, you might want to consider lowryder.  It is very very easy to grow and will be ready to harvest in only 9 weeks.  It is probably the easiest strain to grow.

If you do not already have a book on cannabis cultivation?  The internet and the Growery are useful tools, but if you want to get serious about growing your own  bud, buying Jorge Cervantes's Marijuana Horticulture for $29.95 is worth the investment.  Look at it this way: your harvest will most likely be worth $30 more because of the errors prevented by the knowledge you acquire from this book.

I believe that the "The Cannabis Grow Bible, Greg Green" is a better deal. Sorry but jorge's book is out dated. Green's book shows it in an easier method for beginners.

--------------------
"If the doors of perception were cleansed every thing would appear to man as it is, infinite."

William Blake

Anything  I write is a lie. Any picture I post is a fake. I only write for entertainment.

OfflineSquaReSaltine
The grass is greener...
Male

Re: Needing a beginner friendly indica strain(s). [Re: starrider]
    #446322 - 07/14/10 03:02 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Ive got Jorges DVD. I ve grew outdoors, but not in. Bagseed isn't a good option, the quality blows

OfflineSmOakland
Now with Grow!
Male User Gallery

#446372 - 07/14/10 05:19 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

OnlyInDreams said:
Bagseed isn't a good option, the quality blows

Only when you smoke bad weed.

OfflineSquaReSaltine
The grass is greener...
Male

#446605 - 07/15/10 08:27 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

SmOakland said:
Quote:

OnlyInDreams said:

What we get is crap. That's why i'm ready to grow. I went years smoking good bud, then money got tight, and we only get a half of schwag a week. It's overpriced and low quality. Plus, the money adds up in a year, compared to growing!

OfflineKilroy
old stoner
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Cold as Hell Flag
    #446610 - 07/15/10 08:40 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

You in the same boat as me my friend, that is why I am learning about it. Good luck and happy growing.
And smokland makes a good point, practice with the bag seed so you can fine tune and get past the first growers mistakes before you try the good seeds.

--------------------
Just smoke a bowl and get over your self
We are human beings first everything else is second

You can not hold anything I post against me for I am delusional

OfflineSmOakland
Now with Grow!
Male User Gallery

#446802 - 07/15/10 06:49 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

OnlyInDreams said:
Quote:

SmOakland said:
Quote:

OnlyInDreams said:

What we get is crap. That's why i'm ready to grow. I went years smoking good bud, then money got tight, and we only get a half of schwag a week. It's overpriced and low quality. Plus, the money adds up in a year, compared to growing!

In that case you should order seeds, or try to acquire a seed or clone of someone in your area that grows.

Invisiblemaryanne3087
Stranger
Trusted Cultivator
    #446907 - 07/16/10 12:04 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

OnlyInDreams said:
Can someone school me on a beginner friendly, somewhat error proof indica. It doesn't have to be the dankest, not to start.

Northern Lights, Aurora Indica, California Orange, Afghani, Hindu Kush, Skunk are all generally hardy.

Aurora Indica from Nirvana is impossible to kill. Skunk#1 is one I personally find to be very hardy. I don't have bug problems with any of my plants but Skunk#1 is very mold resistant in my opinion which can be horrible for new growers as some new growers just expect to lose 1/3 of their crop to mold.

I would say for a new grower a 400w light would be a good idea if you want to get a qp every 3months. A good grower gets about half a gram per every watt every 2months.

OfflineSquaReSaltine
The grass is greener...
Male

Re: Needing a beginner friendly indica strain(s). [Re: maryanne3087]
    #447129 - 07/16/10 02:40 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

maryanne3087 said:
Quote:

OnlyInDreams said:

Northern Lights, Aurora Indica, California Orange, Afghani, Hindu Kush, Skunk are all generally hardy.

Aurora Indica from Nirvana is impossible to kill. Skunk#1 is one I personally find to be very hardy. I don't have bug problems with any of my plants but Skunk#1 is very mold resistant in my opinion which can be horrible for new growers as some new growers just expect to lose 1/3 of their crop to mold.

I would say for a new grower a 400w light would be a good idea if you want to get a qp every 3months. A good grower gets about half a gram per every watt every 2months.

Thank you maryanne!

Smokeland, good seeds or clones unfortunately aren't an option. I will have to suck it up and buy seeds the first two crops.....

Hopefully by then, i will have the skill and space to start using clones.

Offlinetotalcrash5
Stranger

Loc: Southern Nevada
    #451224 - 07/25/10 04:01 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Aurora Indica.  It's a cool colorful indica, a tough bastard to kill. If you buy online, the websites should tell you which strain they are offering and a description, cheap too at the moment.  Aurora is a sexy bitch that will knock you out.  Good luck with this baby.

--------------------
“Look at your comment, now back to mine. Now back at your comment now back to mine. Sadly it isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through comments, writing the comment your comment could look like. What did you post? Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again the reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.” –Tim, blood diamond commentator, parody of old spice commercial.

OfflineGreenHeat
Stranger
    #792231 - 09/02/15 10:14 AM (8 years, 7 months ago)

I'm new to growing too so I'd definitely go with what everyone is saying above over any advice I could offer, but I was asking around about something similar lately and I got repeated suggestions for White Rhino, Northern Lights, and Violator Kush, all of which are Sativas (I think?)

Invisibleoeric mckenna
Pure Indica

Loc: Mars
Re: Needing a beginner friendly indica strain(s). [Re: GreenHeat]
    #792258 - 09/02/15 05:53 PM (8 years, 7 months ago)

Post was 5 yrs old dude so the guy you are replying to could be dead by now for all we know...
Hopefully not though I mean

I think the strains you named are indica dominant hybrids

--------------------
***Handing someone your life's work....in a single seed = :laugh: ***

HIGHER THAN A GEORGIA PINE

Oeric's Winter Grow Projects

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco All-in-One Grow Bags   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck