Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Loc: State of Mind Flag
Re: Arizona Medical Marijuana Initiative [Re: CandyGirl]
    #497863 - 11/13/10 11:45 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

It passed! :thumbup::yesnod:

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

BlueBerry_Swisher said:I want French fries. No, I want a penis French. Thank you. I'm so excited. I can not contain myself. Now I eat chocolate. It is so good. I'm trying to rub it all over myself. And then lick. Now I need a hot shower. The end.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Free yourself from yourself
Male User Gallery

Loc: Carpal Tunnel
Re: Arizona Medical Marijuana Initiative [Re: 81renaissance]
    #497879 - 11/14/10 12:46 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

I was just reading the text of the act.  I wouldn't qualify but it's more lenient than our law here in terms of qualifying conditions.  It should be interesting to see how all this will be implemented over the next 120 days.

--------------------

Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies - Become a member!
The Growery's Herb Museum (post #24)
I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery.
~ Thomas Jefferson ~

OfflinegeokillsA
······· º¿° ·······
Male User Gallery

Loc: city of angels
    #497915 - 11/14/10 09:55 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Wow, that is great news! :awesome:

--------------------
Do Your Part!

--------------------

InvisibleMR.HEADY
PorchMonkey
 User Gallery

Loc: Toothless acres . West Vi...
Re: Arizona Medical Marijuana Initiative [Re: geokills]
    #497919 - 11/14/10 10:13 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

15 down 35 to go we are getting closer to the halfway mark

--------------------
[quote]FarBeyondDriven said:
Anybody ever tell you you're the result of a broken prophylactic in the back seat of a 74 Mercury?[/quote]

Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Re: Arizona Medical Marijuana Initiative [Re: FurrowedBrow]
    #497926 - 11/14/10 10:28 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

FurrowedBrow said:
I was just reading the text of the act.  I wouldn't qualify but it's more lenient than our law here in terms of qualifying conditions.  It should be interesting to see how all this will be implemented over the next 120 days.

I think they're going to use the 120 days to appeal the passage of the measure. :nonono:

They are pretty stringent about qualifying conditions, but since my wife has seizures, she does qualify.
Also, those restrictions are only as strong as the doctors who issue the recommendations. :yesnod:

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

BlueBerry_Swisher said:I want French fries. No, I want a penis French. Thank you. I'm so excited. I can not contain myself. Now I eat chocolate. It is so good. I'm trying to rub it all over myself. And then lick. Now I need a hot shower. The end.

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Free yourself from yourself
Male User Gallery

Loc: Carpal Tunnel
    #497946 - 11/14/10 11:39 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

There was a lot of great language in that bill.  The authors made a point of saying that just because a patient has metabolites in their system does not mean they were intoxicated at the time of an accident.  Idk if that's present in other mmj laws.  Yeah, i bet the dept of health fought hard against it.  which is completely fucked, but we know that already.  The truth sure is a hard thing for people to understand.  Reading this bill will educate people as it sets out the known history of the plants use.  Its an interesting and easy read for those that havent read it already.  A buddy of mine just moved out of that state.  His wife could have gotten it since she has epilepsy. 

Did I understand it right with this - you can only grow it if you have a specific designation on your card saying you can do so.  And to get that designation you have to maintain residence more than 25 miles away from any dispensary.  Otherwise you can't grow it, unless you have a designated care giver?  is that correct to your knowledge?

--------------------

Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies - Become a member!
The Growery's Herb Museum (post #24)
I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery.
~ Thomas Jefferson ~

OfflineDon King
Keep it in the Ring

Re: Arizona Medical Marijuana Initiative [Re: FurrowedBrow]
    #497985 - 11/14/10 03:43 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

It starts to discuss that in the beginning here:

http://stoparrestingpatients.org/home/initiative

--------------------
Only in America!

Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Re: Arizona Medical Marijuana Initiative [Re: Don King]
    #498269 - 11/15/10 06:10 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

FB that is correct.  You must buy from a dispensary if one is located within twenty five miles of your home.

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

Offlinesveumy
seeker of enlightenment
Male User Gallery

Loc: its cold
    #501354 - 11/28/10 02:11 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

From what i have heard, it sounds like it will be april before they will be accepting applications for dispenserys or patients.  I am still skeptical but with the right people pushing the people in charge this will be a great thing for the people of arizona.  Our state is something like 37 billion dollars in debt.  HOLY SHIT.  the taxes generated from this alone will help with that (you know they are gonna tax the shit out of it).  Not to mention the people that will obviously benifit from the medicinal purposes. 
YAAAAY Arizona.

Invisiblepsyberpunk
Lunatic

Loc: Behind a Pipe
Re: Arizona Medical Marijuana Initiative [Re: sveumy]
    #501463 - 11/28/10 02:51 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

It's not gonna generate that much money unless you can get tons of patients signed up. Nevada has been legal since 2001 and still only has 4500 patients. California has more like 150,000. Try to get as many ailments approved as possible in coming years.

Offlinesveumy
seeker of enlightenment
Male User Gallery

Re: Arizona Medical Marijuana Initiative [Re: psyberpunk]
    #501538 - 11/28/10 09:37 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

well obviously the taxation of mmj won't cover a 37 billion dollar debt,  But it is basically free income to the state.  knowing arizona though they will probably say that they are going to apply it to the schools or the border and then spend it on something entirely different.  But hey I am trying to be optimistic here.

Invisiblepsyberpunk
Lunatic

Loc: Behind a Pipe
Re: Arizona Medical Marijuana Initiative [Re: sveumy]
    #501605 - 11/29/10 08:19 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

I'm not accusing you of this, personally, but this brings up a point I've been wanting to make. If I could ask medical marijuana advocates to stop doing one thing, it would be this:

STOP BEGGING TO BE TAXED.

Some tax is inevitable and we should agree to it, but there need to be limitations in place in the law as to how much it can be raised at any point in time. In Oakland they keep raising and raising the tax on medical marijuana. They just did it twice in the same year because the marijuana community is an easy target in another way now: financially.

When you're thinking about your ideal marijuana laws, please keep high taxes out of them. Remember, our main goal here is to give sick people safe access, not to give politicians more of our money to flush down the toilet.

OfflineDungenessDank
Lord of the Flies

Loc: PNW
Re: Arizona Medical Marijuana Initiative [Re: psyberpunk]
    #501849 - 11/30/10 08:18 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

How very UNAMERICAN of you :cool:

Offlinesveumy
seeker of enlightenment
Male User Gallery

Re: Arizona Medical Marijuana Initiative [Re: DungenessDank]
    #502509 - 12/02/10 04:34 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

I look at it like this,  Taxation is a simple way of life in america.  I can't do anything about it.  Sure i can vote against it but how often does that actually work.  If the government (in any compacity) desides they want something done or don't want it done they make it happen with illreguard to the public. 
Not to mention as you stated it is a nessisary evil.  Now understand that i am not saying I think it should be taxed beyond reason.  But I do believe that it should.  Think about it like this. 
When you buy a car.  all the meterials to build that car have been taxed,  the employees, the company that hired the employees, the dealership that sells the car, and they buyer is taxed every year when they renew their registration.  Now this is taxation on a product that is legal in every state to manufacture and sell.  Marijauna on the other hand is still deemed illeagal by the federal government.  Now being as they have a really difficult time enforcing these laws due to the fact that states have legalized it for medicinal purposes and with state and local law enforcement officers hands tied.  Because of this it makes Their war on drugs almost impossible to fight.  So (IMHO) the feds are just saying hell if we can't beat them tax the fuck out of them and atleast make our loss a profitable one. 
As far as it not being affordable to some due to taxation.  Well there are alot of perscription medications that people can't afford.  I spend over $200 a month on medications other then marijuana.  Before I started using marijuana for medicinal reasons I was spending over $1000 a month on meds. 
Ok I am done ranting I appoligise that was rather lengthy.
psyberpunk.  I am not arguing or dissagreeing with you.  Just stoned and adding my opinion.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder