Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinefungi
 User Gallery

Loc: Silicon Sizzle, CA USA Flag
Indoor LED Soil - Black Domina, Chem-Dawg Sister, Santa Cruz OG Kush, Bubba Kush, Purple OG Kush
    #443243 - 07/07/10 09:58 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

So I picked up some clones locally. Unfortunately most were not rooted very well at all, and radically different genetics as seen below. The huge one in the 5 gallon pot is the same as the other ones on the right of it and next to it; started at the same time.

Looking into getting another 120W LED light, as they seem to put out more light then the CFL's. This is strictly a veg area, going to get a large tent to flower in. Stinky strain, have a carbon scrubber. Any suggestions?

Edited by fungi (08/25/10 07:54 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinefungi
 User Gallery

Re: Black Domina and Chem Sis Grow [Re: fungi]
    #443518 - 07/08/10 03:27 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Alright time to make this closet blow up, literally. I'm going to be "testing," 600W led lights from http://www.customspectrum.com/

I talked at length to the owner of the business about LED lights, and he sounds like a real winner. He is the only other person I've talked too that seems to have researched LED's to the extent I have.

I'm going to eventually add a 600W LED fixture in this closet. I'll leave the 120W LED fixture as well. Soon to grab 3 different varieties of KUSH medical clones.

The flowering tent will have 2 600W LED fixtures. I'll be custom ordering those.

Edited by fungi (07/08/10 10:14 PM)

Offlinekickin-two-hundo
|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅| ♪♫♪♫♪♫
Male User Gallery

Loc: afghanistan
?? [Re: fungi]
    #443528 - 07/08/10 04:08 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

dam 600 watt led panels?!? thats gonna be a biiig panel, i didnt even kno they made em that big. be careful the place isnt just lying and ripping u off man. oh one other thing, u should really look at something else for ur flowering tent, leds dont flower very well if at all. fluffy little popcorn nugs is what ur gonna end up with.

--------------------
The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.

anything and everything i post on here is completely fictional and come straight from the deepest depths of the black hole which is my mind.

Offlinekickin-two-hundo
Male User Gallery

Re: ?? [Re: kickin-two-hundo]
    #443529 - 07/08/10 04:10 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

omg and bro for that rediculous price u could get two lumetek digital ballast 1000w hps with agro max lights and have SUCH better results. I really think ur gonna regret spendin soo much on leds. there not all there talked up to be.

Just look at this one little thing. Ur 600w led is gonna put out a measly 10,000 lumens. my 400 watt hps puts out 50,000. and the thousand watt puts out around 150,000 lumens. If you had two that would be 300,000 lumens! 30 times more output then the leds, for the same price. just think about what ur doin.

--------------------

anything and everything i post on here is completely fictional and come straight from the deepest depths of the black hole which is my mind.

Edited by cicken200 (07/08/10 04:15 PM)

Offlinefungi
 User Gallery

#443729 - 07/08/10 08:34 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Just got 3 different kinds of Kush clones; Santa Cruz OG Kush, Bubba Kush, Purple OG Kush
since I smoked that the other day and really liked how it chilled me out.

LOL I think I wasting tons of money buying a $900 LED panel, but shit I bought it on eBay so I can return it; heheh.

Edited by fungi (07/09/10 03:29 AM)

Offlinefungi
 User Gallery

Re: ?? [Re: fungi]
    #443789 - 07/08/10 10:39 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

With the exception of the stuff upper left, these are all free samples. Thanks so much guys for the help with this project.

Lol ran out of soil, going to transfer all the clones to pots tomorrow and fill the closet.

Edited by fungi (07/08/10 10:57 PM)

Offlinefungi
 User Gallery

#444421 - 07/10/10 03:49 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Sorry to me a post addict, but I want to document this as best I can. Man can't wait to get another LED because those damn CFL's are too hot.

Black Domina in the lead (well it should be given it was introduced a long time ago). I don't get why this one plant is so much larger then all the others; I switched it to a 5 gallon pot just randomly, but when I transplanted it, it barely covered the entire 2 gallon pot?

These are Chemical Sisters? Some completely undocumented strain from a Cannabis Club called Blue Sky, used to be SR-71, in Oakland. Maybe the clones are ok from their, but the weed blows.

This is a learning experience. I recently started topping plants and am learning how to grow plants in soil. It's hard not to over water plants in soil; at least for me. I'd much rather water them everyday, and sometimes I do; but I have to stop myself because it isn't good for them.

On a side note, I'm spending more time in my garden as the plants are filling the 2x5 closet. I notice the lights, sorta hurts my face and eyes. Seems weird, as MH or HPS never really bothered me much, even at 1000W. I think I'm somewhat sensitive to the LED wavelengths. Might wear sunglasses or something.

Offlinefungi
 User Gallery

#444422 - 07/10/10 03:59 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

cicken200 said:
omg and bro for that rediculous price u could get two lumetek digital ballast 1000w hps with agro max lights and have SUCH better results. I really think ur gonna regret spendin soo much on leds. there not all there talked up to be.

Just look at this one little thing. Ur 600w led is gonna put out a measly 10,000 lumens. my 400 watt hps puts out 50,000. and the thousand watt puts out around 150,000 lumens. If you had two that would be 300,000 lumens! 30 times more output then the leds, for the same price. just think about what ur doin.

Well I don't have a big enough area to require 2 1000W lights. I'm going to pick up a 8x5 tent. They recommend 2 600W HPS lights. I need to make more money, then I'm going to buy possibly another 600W LED fixture. Lumens are a measurement of light to humans, par is a measurement of light to plants.

Regardless, they have fancy LED's coming out daily. All the newest ones are white. They already have LED's that put out more way more "lumens." They probably have a LED that puts out more lumens the HPS for the same power. Think of it this way, HID technology is 30 years old. It's kinda like a gasoline engine, they can only make it so powerful and efficient. Or compare it to a computer processor architecture; their is only so much you can do with a design, before you just make a better one.

OfflineDieselB
High Watt Closet
Male

#444447 - 07/10/10 08:15 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Technology thats so old, and you bring up cars... Think about this, when it comes to racing, the fastest cars in the world are Top Fuel Dragsters which still employ the age old cam in block OHV design thats been around since the pope was an alter boy. When something works that well, who really wants to change it?

--------------------
If you ain't smokin' dro, you're smokin' reggie. :shrug:

OfflinegeokillsA
······· º¿° ·······
Male User Gallery

Loc: city of angels
Trusted Cultivator
    #444519 - 07/10/10 11:41 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

I have done a little bit of research and have even had built a custom 300w LED panel with my own chosen wavelengths (6 spectrum).

I am weary of the company you indicated, from their first statement that says they want "to be open and honest about the performance of all of [their] products".  But they don't note the combination of wavelengths they use, nor do they make note of the use of a far-red diodes (in the 720nm+ range), which has been hypothesized to be one of the major drawbacks of the LED grow lights that are commercially available today, as marijuana amongst other plants seems to use the far red wavelengths of light to trigger their flowering processes most efficiently.

Also, CustomSpectrum makes a big fuss about using 3w LED's versus 1w LED's (an argument which I believe does have merit), however if you check out this page: http://www.customspectrum.com/300w-LED-3w3-Epistar-300w-Standard.htm

They specifically state that this thing uses 100 LED's, yet in the pictures shown on that page (which are pretty shitty in and of themselves), there are clearly more than 100 diodes on the array, and in fact it looks like the standard 288 diodes.

Anyway, my point is simply that it's difficult to trust any of the retail LED sales outfits currently in business, as they all seem to make sensational claims with little detailed information about the construction of their units and few side by side studies with HPS counterparts.  Even the majority of the original equipment manufacturers I spoke with for quotes on my custom light seemed pretty shady to be honest.

LED lights do have great potential; it simply has yet to be fully realized.  Just take a look at the stock of CREE Semiconductor (CREE).  These guys are one of the largest manufacturers of the most technologically advanced LED's currently available and their stock has been taking off like a rocket ship.

Regardless of all that, I want to smoke some Black Domina!!  I was once given weed called that, way back in my college days at UC Santa Barbara and it was hands down the smoothest smoke I've ever had.  Granted, a lot of that may have had to do with the individual grower's flushing and curing techniques during harvest.

--------------------
Do Your Part!

--------------------

Offlinefungi
 User Gallery

Re: ?? [Re: geokills]
    #444569 - 07/10/10 01:52 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Well I just measured my 120W LED fixture and it has the exact same measurements as the 300W he is selling. What I don't get, is how are they 3W led's if they only put out 1.5 watts? My 120W led has 119 LED's in it, with 1 watt led's in it. I got that one off eBay from http://myworld.ebay.com/rgsales2009/ and this is the light I bought http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-120-WATT-Hydroponic-Led-Plant-Grow-Light-120W-UFO-/190414519261?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2c5596fbdd

He claims, "130-150 actual watts." He states is has 100 LED x 1.5 watts = 150 watts.  Shouldn't that really just be a 150 watt led unit since that is the draw? My 120W led I think really pulls 100W, so shouldn't it be 100W?

I'm going to buy a power meter, to measure how much power my 120W is actually pulling and how much this 600W is actually pulling. Supposedly the 600W only draws ~350W's, so isn't it a 350W fixture; 200 x 1.75 watts = 350 watts.

What I find interesting is one could easily modify these lights. If they use the same LED's, then why can't the 300W fixture be driven at 1.75 watts instead of 1.5 watts if they are the same LED's? If they are really 3 watt led's, can't I drive them closer to 3 watts?

I'm not sure what power converter they are using. I looked up Epistar LED's and it sure looks like they have 3 watt led's just like Cree or Philips. From the research I did earlier, all the 3 watt led's tend to have a forward voltage 600-700 MA = .6-.7 amps. This doesn't make sense to me; mathematically. So if my 600W led light has 200 LEDS, 200 x .6 = 120 amps forward voltage, but why is it measured in amps? But it only pulls 3 amps according to his website. I'm definitely missing something in the how electronics work here. I really should go on a electronics website so I understand this fundamental.

Offlinefungi
 User Gallery

#445051 - 07/11/10 08:58 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Forgot to mention am using Fox Farms Ocean Forest and Happy Frog Soil. I think next go round I'm adding some perlite to the soils because they really hold water, too much I think. I ordered my Secret Jardin 240W which is a 4x8 tent that will occupy most of a room.

I'm looking into acquiring two lumatek 600W digital ballasts and hoods. I'll "test" the LED, but I have quite my doubts at this point; but I have a 30 day money back on that LED fixture. Man buying digital ballasts, and a hood + bulb is almost 1/2 the cost of the LED; still pretty damn expensive.

I found a amazing deal on craigslist as usual that would save my ass from paying ridiculous $200 + for a ballast? I know they are new but wtf.

Offlinefungi
 User Gallery

#446153 - 07/14/10 08:00 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

I moved the LED light almost as high as the closet for testing purposes of light absorbed by the plants. So far 2 days have passed and they have no negative symptoms from this. Hypothesis that LED light is absorbed by plant, regardless of height from plant. This will be confirmed over a week period.

OfflineDieselB
High Watt Closet
Male

#446193 - 07/14/10 10:03 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

I can already tell you for a fact that keeping the light that far away is gonna end badly, soon as flowering starts they are gonna stretch like a mofo and fall over in a week because of it..

One of the main things about LED is the low heat factor which allows you to get them really close for maximum intensity, which is what the plant wants to grow the best it can.

--------------------
If you ain't smokin' dro, you're smokin' reggie. :shrug:

Offlinefungi
 User Gallery

Re: ?? [Re: DieselB]
    #446567 - 07/15/10 06:04 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

The big one came today. 600W LED is the brightest light I've ever seen in my entire life. If I open the doors to my closet, the light is so bright it illuminates the entire room. As for the comments about LED's; keep them to yourself. Unless you have extensively researched LED's and even then, I am testing the light. I really don't care what you think about LED lights. All of your comments have been negative. To be honest, if all of you people would let go of negative thoughts and emotions it might be a better world. But that isn't your fault; you must have aliens inside your head that make you fear.

Offlineweezy420
Stranger

#446650 - 07/15/10 11:14 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

:nothingtoadd::tomsellick:

Offlinekickin-two-hundo
Male User Gallery

Re: ?? [Re: weezy420]
    #446738 - 07/15/10 02:12 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

jw have u ever seen an hid light up in person?

--------------------

OfflineSmOakland
Now with Grow!
Male User Gallery

Loc: Oaktown to NOLA
    #446807 - 07/15/10 07:13 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

cicken200 said:
jw have u ever seen an hid light up in person?

Yo chill with the negative vibes compadre.

Fungi- I have been curious about LEDs.  I'll be watching this grow.  How much ventilation do you have on it?

Offlinefungi
 User Gallery

Re: ?? [Re: SmOakland]
    #447145 - 07/16/10 03:17 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

I pulled the 120w, because the 600W is pretty nuts. It actually puts out some heat. Ambient temps are like 80 degrees in the environment and with the closet closed, it easily shoots up to 85-86%. I just open the closet a tiny bit and have my carbon scrubber outside pull 400 CFM about and shoot it over to the window.

I'll take some more pic's. Plants are getting bushy. I ordered the 8 foot tent, be here next week. When the money comes, I hopefully can get a couple more LED's for the closet and I really wanted two of these in the tent.

Only downside is the cost so far. They seem to handle at least 2 foot plants no problem. I'm not sure about 5-6 foot plants; haven't tested that one. These 600Wers are no joke though. Seriously bright, one is more then enough for the closet. Pretty sure it is overkill, plan on doing 2 120W's or something like that in their eventually.

Looking forward to flowering...

Edited by fungi (07/17/10 12:53 AM)

Offlineweezy420
Stranger

#447377 - 07/17/10 02:45 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

yeah im pretty sure you'll actually see how the LED's preform during flowering

OfflineSmOakland
Now with Grow!
Male User Gallery

#447442 - 07/17/10 09:22 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

weezy420 said:
yeah im pretty sure you'll actually see how the LED's preform during flowering

Around week 12...

Offlinefungi
 User Gallery

#447648 - 07/17/10 05:51 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Who knows. If it doesn't work whatever. Regardless I'm going need another spot to grow soon if I'm really going to do 2 600W's or 2 1000W's HPS. Woof.

Offlinefungi
 User Gallery

#447649 - 07/17/10 05:58 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

And here we go. Pics with the LED off. Girls are startin to look purty. I was playing with them a little last night, I think they like me. Oh and I wish it wasn't so damn hot here. AC is going to be mandatory soon. Bummer dood. But these plants are growing fast now. Guess I'm just going to let them overgrow in the closet then take several clones of all of them, then flower all the plants worthy of flowering.

OfflineKilroy
old stoner
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Cold as Hell Flag
    #448195 - 07/18/10 09:43 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

I like that someone is doing an LED grow. I know you get a lot of slack about it but if no one tries new things how will we know if they will work and how much they will work. With advances in LED lighting who knows this might be the next big thing. Keep up the good work and will be watching this and wish you the best.

--------------------
Just smoke a bowl and get over your self
We are human beings first everything else is second

You can not hold anything I post against me for I am delusional

Offlinefungi
 User Gallery

Re: ?? [Re: Kilroy]
    #448411 - 07/19/10 03:12 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Thanks bro. It was a little bit of investment; like the damn thing costs 2x as much as 600W HPS, but I'm hopping it works. My closet is nuts right now with an overgrow. At least this does an out of control veg and seems to penetrate below the canopy; crap open the closet and it hits the entire room.

I just started to train back the 2 largest plants since they were growing into a new canopy level and I want to stall at the current height. I'll take a pic later. If the yield is horrible or something, it's not very difficult to through a HPS in their.

Offlinefungi
 User Gallery

#451386 - 07/25/10 11:08 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Plants are getting big. Clones are entering teen phase. I setup my grow tent, started flowering of the adult plants. 300W LED fixture in the flowering room. I'd want another 300W led fixture, for flowering; once I can afford it, it's happening. Ironically the 120W led in the veg room seems to be doing great in the entire 2x5 space?

LED's seem to be amazing for veg. I want to get another 120W led or similar for the veg room. But maybe that is overkill? This stuff is really weird. LED's seem to have pretty amazing results for such low power consumption in comparison to MH and HPS thus far. I'll be continuing the LED testing, even though I am so tempted to run a HPS in the flowering room.

My setup reminds me of my old 1000W HPS/MH system on a light mover. But, light movers at least from my experience don't really do anything. The light of a HPS or MH 1000W easily penetrates a 5x5 area, unless you have massive deep bushes, and in that case I don't think you pruned your plants correctly.

Offlinefungi
 User Gallery

#451395 - 07/25/10 11:36 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Man I'm looking forward to this,

the satisfaction of proving you all wrong. Nothing like a bunch of negative people saying you suck for the day you achieve victory. All you posers who gave me negative ratings, I can't believe I tried to kiss your damn asses. Even though I could have saved money in the short run buying a MH and HPS for the veg and flowering room, that ain't what this is about. It's about saving fucking power. It's about being better for the fucking environment. It's about less fucking waste from replacing bulbs. It's about less fucking heat no fucking AC and more electricity. It's about more resinous buds, and better tasting buds.

May it be a lesson to you to never give up in what you believe in. Never stop no matter what stands in your way. Achieve your goals. It might seem impossible to start a music or art career. It might seem impossible to prove that LED lights are superior to HPS in flowering. It might be impossible to build a community that gives lower income, homeless and ex-criminals a new life, that was never possible before; but you can and will achieve victory.

OfflinegeokillsA
······· º¿° ·······
Male User Gallery

Loc: city of angels
Trusted Cultivator
    #452027 - 07/27/10 07:38 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

I hope you do end up flowering in an all LED arrangement.  We need more empirical data on the flowering capability of these LED's.  In my experience, which is limited, the LED's definitely work; but their high up-front investment in conjunction with a perceived reduction in flowering efficiency is what is holding these back.  Still waiting to find a source for 720nm+ diodes, as I think that their availability could help tilt the scales in LED's favor.

Here is a diagram of the custom 300w 1w/diode array I had built last year. 

I had originally intended to design a light that I would bring to the retail market as a proprietary design.  However, while this LED array will grow a plant to be certain, I am not yet convinced that it is capable of doing so better than an HPS light source.  Frankly, I will not bring a product such as this to market unless I am certain that it can compare to and in several respects exceed the efficiency of an HPS source.

As one who has jumped into the realm of LED options, I am thankful for your thread fungi, and look forward to witnessing the progress with your chosen LED arrays. :thumbup:

--------------------
Do Your Part!

--------------------

Offlinefungi
 User Gallery

Re: ?? [Re: geokills]
    #452960 - 07/29/10 08:31 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Yah I feel yah. I bit the bullet and picked up some HPS lights. In the tent they are like 20 times brighter then the LED fixture. Still going to use the LED, but sorry it was either buy another LED fixture; which I almost wish I did, or buy some HPS lights. Going be pretty hard to test it now; but I know led's work awesome for veg at least.

Seems like the trade off for power use vs. yield vs. cost is almost dead even. But not. It still seems to favor the HPS unfortunately. I looked into building a led light and that isn't any cheaper then the lights you buy commercially unfortunately or you can get off somebody.

Also what concerns me is all the LED fixtures say they are good for 50,000 hours then they start to degrade. Which is directly comparable to a hps or mh ballast; after 6 years I'm sure it won't perform as good as a new one; and bulbs only last 19,000 hours.

Offlinewholesheet
Stranger
    #453140 - 07/30/10 12:41 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

i think it would be kewl to have some leds on like a christmas light strain but have them spaced every .5 inch or every inch and just wrap them in the under growth of the plant... it would be christmas year round..

OfflineKilroy
old stoner
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Cold as Hell Flag
Re: ?? [Re: wholesheet]
    #453302 - 07/30/10 08:44 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

I am wishing you the best and I hope it works out for you. I would love for you to prove it is possible. With my budget I will only be able to get HPS for now, but with advances in the LED field it can only get better and the prices will go down as it does with all new tech.

--------------------
Just smoke a bowl and get over your self
We are human beings first everything else is second

You can not hold anything I post against me for I am delusional

Offlinefungi
 User Gallery

Re: Black Domina, Chem-Dawg Sister, Santa Cruz OG Kush, Bubba Kush, Purple OG Kush, Purps LEDS [Re: fungi]
    #454960 - 08/04/10 07:16 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Offlinefungi
 User Gallery

Re: Black Domina, Chem-Dawg Sister, Santa Cruz OG Kush, Bubba Kush, Purple OG Kush, Purps LEDS [Re: fungi]
    #454961 - 08/04/10 07:19 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

If you consider $800-900 for 2 600 HPS, with nice hoods, bulbs and ballasts vs $1,600 for 2 600W LED's, the price isn't that far off if you keep the lights for 10 years. But like I've read and seen, led's work great for small grows. But if you do what I'm doing; not sure it is going to work.

OfflineAgent 47
John

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Holland
    #454993 - 08/04/10 11:11 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Cool grow. I've been interested in LEDS for a while. A buddy of mine that has a few UFO LED fixtures and a 400w HPS light, and he has great results.

I haven't ventured indoors yet, but if I did I think I want some LED's in there.

TUNED IN

--------------------

Agent Outdoor 2010

Offlinefungi
 User Gallery

Re: Black Domina, Chem-Dawg Sister, Santa Cruz OG Kush, Bubba Kush, Purple OG Kush, Purps LEDS [Re: Agent 47]
    #455740 - 08/05/10 11:48 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Just purchased another 400W LED fixture from http://www.customspectrum.com/
Seems like I was wrong, they both are 400W led fixtures, which pull 4 amps at 120V. I know because I bought this http://www.amazon.com/P3-International-P4400-Electricity-Monitor/dp/B00009MDBU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=hi&qid=1281073578&sr=8-1
and I have a line that runs the LED + a 600W ballast and it is pulling precisely 1000W and 10 amps, and the 600W only obviously pulls 600W + 6 amps.

So these folks led's fixtures ain't no joke man. The new one is a 12 band spectrum for veg.

Oh and check out this eBay auction
http://cgi.ebay.com/420-w-3w-BEST-LED-GROW-LIGHT-300-400-600-1000-mh-hps-/280545013418?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0

for one of their lights. Hell of a deal if you want a pretty darn good led light for veg or to supplement in flowering.

Offlinefungi
 User Gallery

#456621 - 08/07/10 10:42 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Well I screwed up. The HID's seem to be no better then the LED for flowering. Plus the stupid Hid lights are so damn hot. They add a good 20-30 F when the LED only adds 10 F. I have the two 600W HPS aircooled and it is still 85 degrees + in my tent. With the LED is it below 80. Even with ambient temps at 60 degrees.

Well I guess I should have trusted myself. LED > HID. Great now I have some worthless HPS equipment to sell.

Offlinewholesheet
Stranger
    #456729 - 08/08/10 07:05 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

i'm sure the leds r cooler.. but just get some more air flow.. if ur hoods r air cooled add one more can fan to suck air outta the top of the room and a fan blowing in fresh cool air from another room.. but hey do what ya wanna do.. those leds r temping....i wanna try some

Offlinefungi
 User Gallery

Re: Black Domina, Chem-Dawg Sister, Santa Cruz OG Kush, Bubba Kush, Purple OG Kush, Purps LEDS [Re: wholesheet]
    #460130 - 08/14/10 02:30 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Well it got colder here. Room temps inside are more like 70 F. Which I find more ideal. Once I secure the funding, I plan to run all LED's for flowering and put the HID's temporarily in a closet to prove that yield with LED's is the same or superior to HID.

Offlinefungi
 User Gallery

Re: ?? [Re: DieselB]
    #460134 - 08/14/10 02:34 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

DieselB said:
I can already tell you for a fact that keeping the light that far away is gonna end badly, soon as flowering starts they are gonna stretch like a mofo and fall over in a week because of it..

One of the main things about LED is the low heat factor which allows you to get them really close for maximum intensity, which is what the plant wants to grow the best it can.

Which when growing 100% indica strains isn't exactly a bad thing dood. Please don't question my ability to grow weed.

Offlinecreep 1nc
Stranger

#461942 - 08/17/10 07:26 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

fungi said:
Quote:

DieselB said:

Which when growing 100% indica strains isn't exactly a bad thing dood. Please don't question my ability to grow weed.

but can you grow weed efficiently?

--------------------
. Creeps bagseed! 1st grow ever

OfflineFrizzleman
Stranger

Re: ?? [Re: creep 1nc]
    #462267 - 08/17/10 02:33 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

very interested in the LED grow! Keep us posted!

--------------------
Blue Dream (HSO) 1200 Watt HPS Grow Tent Journal

"You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else." ~Albert Einstein

OfflineMech8
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: ?? [Re: Frizzleman]
    #463089 - 08/18/10 06:53 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

nice so far keep it up. check mine out also

OfflineFrizzleman
Stranger

Re: ?? [Re: Mech8]
    #463545 - 08/19/10 12:59 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Update???

--------------------

"You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else." ~Albert Einstein

Offlinefungi
 User Gallery

#467449 - 08/25/10 07:57 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Sorry guys.  Heavy into flowering of the Indica's. I'm going to ditching the HPS asap and going all LED. Even for flowering.

My reasons

#1 Police (I don't want pigs seeing my grow from FLIR)!!!!!
#2 Power (If I use LED's, at least I'm using less power, barely less, but at least it's less)
#3 Heat (They run a good 20 degree's F colder then HPS)!
#4 They are good enough (yes they are if you know how to grow with them).

My special 17 band predominately blue spectrum light will soon arrive for Veg. Using 3 Watt led's and it pulls 400 watts so that is good enough for me, given it works at least as good as a 600W HPS from what I can tell.

Alone for the peace of mind of not hating helicopters, I can't wait to run all LED's. 

OfflineFrizzleman
Stranger

#467452 - 08/25/10 08:07 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

im excited to see the results. Post pics when you can!

--------------------

Offlinefungi
 User Gallery

#467576 - 08/26/10 12:16 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Veg 2x5 LED 120W Quad Band

Flower 8x5 400W 7 Spectrum LED, 2 600W HPS Ushio Grow Bulbs

OfflineFrizzleman
Stranger

#467638 - 08/26/10 07:10 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

I want to know how those babies flower with just the LEDs

--------------------

Offlineweezy420
Stranger

#467717 - 08/26/10 09:33 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

why do some only have one blade fans?

Offlinefungi
 User Gallery

#470131 - 08/30/10 09:25 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Mutant baby! Ah yah I'm getting late into flowering and doing a special nute cycle. I love this, you can literally see the buds grow 25-50% overnight! Some of these girls the are producing so much bud they are almost breaking off the stem; haha. Funny how some produce way more bud then others (same plant different clone). Genetics is a funny thang.

Going maybe switch up soon to a huge tent and run those two 600 HPS and I'm scoring a new LED flowering unit, top of the line newest technology with 3W LED's, badass led light. From my friends at http://customspectrum.com/

Damn those guys are on their shit. Show me a LED light company that is more competitive, both in product and price for the best LED lights on the damn market. I love these guys; we are good friends now.

OfflineSmOakland
Now with Grow!
Male User Gallery

#470332 - 08/31/10 11:21 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

so how many led watts are you running total and what is your total grow area.  i feel like you have modified it a lot?

OfflineFrizzleman
Stranger

#470438 - 08/31/10 02:09 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

we need some picture updates in here man

--------------------

Offlinefungi
 User Gallery

#470996 - 09/01/10 07:19 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

I'll get some more pics, but not much has happened since last time.

OfflineSmOakland
Now with Grow!
Male User Gallery

#471015 - 09/01/10 08:14 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

fungi said:
I'll get some more pics, but not much has happened since last time.

Pics of the whole setup, not just plants.

Offlinefungi
 User Gallery

#471046 - 09/01/10 09:38 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

What do you mean, setup? Real simple 2 HPS with Ushio bulbs, 600W each, 1 400W 7 or 8 band LED unit (soon to go into a tent with ONLY LED's for FLOWERING and another tent with just HPS or I might do I led 1 HPS to mix it up more.) and a small veg area with 1 pathetic 120W Quad LED that vegs plants just fine up to about a foot or more, lol.

OfflineFrizzleman
Stranger

#471120 - 09/02/10 07:10 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

very nice looking budsters you got there man...what is your goal in terms of dry weight out of this grow?

--------------------

OfflineSmOakland
Now with Grow!
Male User Gallery

#471485 - 09/02/10 08:28 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

I mean a pic of your whole grow, lights, plants, room, etc.  I was under the impression that you had more than 2 LED units and less HPS than LED watts.  Thanks for the clarification.  Those buds should swell up nicely.

Offlinefungi
 User Gallery

#471595 - 09/03/10 05:29 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

soon it will all led's. Once the 2nd flowering one comes in. New 3W leds, Just to piss you off SMoakland.

Offlinefungi
 User Gallery

#472647 - 09/05/10 01:42 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

If anyone lives in California and has a valid doctors rec, I'll trade you some free herbs for you info.
The valley I live in says only 6 mature plants and 12 immature plants =(. I need a couple "care givers" to be compliant in the state.

Thanks a bunch.

Offlineweedgrwr
CrzyAsian

Loc: Europe Flag
    #473601 - 09/07/10 02:32 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

an LED grow would be rad. im really interested in the result

I was thinking about growing L ED myself but the cost was ridiculus.. like  $1000 per lamp....

--------------------
"Never fight with a pig - you both get dirty and the pig enjoys it." Ditch the dealer. Learn how to grow weed <3 The Herb.

Offlinebm90191
New To Growery
 User Gallery

#609471 - 02/15/12 12:58 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

fungi said:
I moved the LED light almost as high as the closet for testing purposes of light absorbed by the plants. So far 2 days have passed and they have no negative symptoms from this. Hypothesis that LED light is absorbed by plant, regardless of height from plant. This will be confirmed over a week period.

I know this an old post but man you have leds and cfls but your lights are like two feet over your plants!    Look at my pics ..nicee stocky short plants because I have my t5 fixture about two INCHES Over my plants ....drop them lights next time

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck