Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleDeadHearts

Loc: ▐▐▐▐▐
Re: Official Gulf Oilspill Disaster thread [Re: Kilroy]
    #438856 - 06/28/10 12:29 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Im glad this thread is getting the attention it needs. I urge people
to not be frightened by whats going on. Always keep a positive mind
even when forced to deal with the worst evils this world has to offer.
We a clearly seeing some of that now. 

The mainstream media shitshow is not going to keep us properly
informed about anything until they are forced to do so. And even then
they still might try and tip tor around this bullshit.
Huffington Post is decent and there
are a couple others sites that shed a little more light on whats going
on.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinefungi
 User Gallery

Loc: Silicon Sizzle, CA USA Flag
Re: Official Gulf Oilspill Disaster thread [Re: DeadHearts]
    #438857 - 06/28/10 12:30 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

It's pretty sad. Read reading of the timeline or general information on wikipedia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deepwater_Horizon_oil_spill

In the mean time BP stock goes down just about each time some bad news hits. Feel sorry for the people who think it is a good investment. The worst is yet to come, for at least another month or possibly 6 months. Just so you know if you are investing in them, you will not see a return like you are possibly expending until at least 6 months, if not 2 years.

OfflineKilroy
old stoner
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Cold as Hell Flag
Re: Official Gulf Oilspill Disaster thread [Re: fungi]
    #438875 - 06/28/10 01:27 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

I try to keep hope that the people of this great country will wake up and open their eyes to the corruption and evil taking over(it has been taking over for awhile now) this country. Politicians are paid by these companies and who do you think they are going to side with, the ones lining their pockets, these same politicians say how much they are god fearing people but I ask you this, you think god is looking down on us(if you believe there is one) and saying boy I love what you guys have done with the place. I have already boycotted BP and I now have added SHELL to the list after watching those videos about the delta in Africa where they just do not give a crap how they are destroying the animals and people there. Sorry to rant but open your eyes america and see the huge ass oil rig in the room

--------------------
Just smoke a bowl and get over your self
We are human beings first everything else is second

You can not hold anything I post against me for I am delusional

OfflineDieCommie

Loc: West of the Wall
    #438879 - 06/28/10 01:48 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Boycotting BP will make the situation even worse.  You may want vengeance... but it would be better if BP had record profits this year.  That would be the best thing for the gulf in terms of economics and environment.  A broke and bankrupt BP cannot do anything and cannot meet its financial responsibility in the gulf. 

If you care about the environment, and you care about the lives of those in the gulf you would buy from, not boycott, BP.  But if you care more about vengeance than actually helping then go ahead and boycott - it will hurt BP, it will hurt the gulf residents and it will hurt the environment.

InvisibleDeadHearts

Loc: ▐▐▐▐▐
Re: Official Gulf Oilspill Disaster thread [Re: DieCommie]
    #438883 - 06/28/10 02:00 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

DieCommie said:
Boycotting BP will make the situation even worse.  You may want vengeance... but it would be better if BP had record profits this year.  That would be the best thing for the gulf in terms of economics and environment.  A broke and bankrupt BP cannot do anything and cannot meet its financial responsibility in the gulf. 

If you care about the environment, and you care about the lives of those in the gulf you would buy from, not boycott, BP.  But if you care more about vengeance than actually helping then go ahead and boycott - it will hurt BP, it will hurt the gulf residents and it will hurt the environment.

It would be so incredibly hard to boycott them anyways. They produce not only oil for us but all things made from oil including pop cans
and the asphalt we drive on. What people should focus on is boycotting oil in general. We need to take a huge step back or we will
wait until the oil is almost gone. If you know what that means its not
a world you want to live in.

OfflineKilroy
old stoner
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Official Gulf Oilspill Disaster thread [Re: DeadHearts]
    #438890 - 06/28/10 02:12 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

I agree that we need to get off oil all together but do you really think that by giving the company profits it is going to help the situation down there, there are not really doing anything now, and if they keep getting profits what incentive do they have to give a damn about us anyways which by their actions already they do not care about us, it is the money and stock holders(do you have stock diecommie in them, I only ask because if you watch the reports that sounds like some thing they would say) I am not picking a fight so plz everyone do not start one but if we do not start holding these companies accountable who the hell will. I know oil is a lot of our everyday products and deahearts is right we need to kick all things made of oil, or at the least minimize our need of them.

--------------------

OfflineDungenessDank
Lord of the Flies

Loc: PNW
    #438898 - 06/28/10 02:33 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

A lot of people have the misconception that the government will hold these companies responsible for their actions, where it is quite the contrary, the government today functions to prop up these companies and make sure business as usual keeps going for them.

In today's society it is up the individual citizens of this country to hold these companies responsible, through necessary litigation. It has become that someone has to basically dedicate their life and money to fighting a corporation in this country, because they wield such power compared to the average citizen.

We gotta work together to keep corporations in check in this country, because our politicians are not in the business of doing so.

OfflineKilroy
old stoner
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Official Gulf Oilspill Disaster thread [Re: DungenessDank]
    #438944 - 06/28/10 03:25 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

DungenessDank said:
A lot of people have the misconception that the government will hold these companies responsible for their actions, where it is quite the contrary, the government today functions to prop up these companies and make sure business as usual keeps going for them.

In today's society it is up the individual citizens of this country to hold these companies responsible, through necessary litigation. It has become that someone has to basically dedicate their life and money to fighting a corporation in this country, because they wield such power compared to the average citizen.

We gotta work together to keep corporations in check in this country, because our politicians are not in the business of doing so.

hell yea brother sing it till it reaches the heavens. Do you remember the saying that starts "We the people"

--------------------

OfflineDungenessDank
Lord of the Flies

#438954 - 06/28/10 03:45 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

It was something about forming a better government as I recall :smirk:

OfflineKilroy
old stoner
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #439062 - 06/28/10 09:30 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

I think you are right, our fore fathers wanted our government to a separate entity not influenced by out side interest, but we have seen how that has went

--------------------

InvisibleiStoner
Astral Beast
Male

#439064 - 06/28/10 09:32 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

we havent had a real presdent or anything sence, JFK :shrug:

--------------------

OfflineKilroy
old stoner
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Official Gulf Oilspill Disaster thread [Re: iStoner]
    #439066 - 06/28/10 09:43 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Jimmy was okay but had to houses working against him at every corner, so he could not get a lot done, and when Clinton was in office we had surplus of money, but they all had their issues as well, and yes JFK was a great one(he was going to disban the FBI). to bad we never got to see what else he would have been able to do

--------------------

InvisibleGetTheFuckOut
Long Gone.
 User Gallery

#439149 - 06/29/10 06:22 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

:facepalm:

i love that you guys care about whats happening in my back yard, but politics are a fucking distraction just like the media.

nothing is being done that actually helps, nothing will be done, and i hope im wrong. 

ugh

man

fuck

:cry:

--------------------
Let the faggots have it all.  Keep the shit.

InvisibleGetTheFuckOut
Long Gone.
 User Gallery

Re: Official Gulf Oilspill Disaster thread [Re: GetTheFuckOut]
    #439150 - 06/29/10 06:23 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

p.s.

http://www.theoildrum.com

dont post, just read there.  its industry people for the most part.

--------------------
Let the faggots have it all.  Keep the shit.

OfflineDungenessDank
Lord of the Flies

Re: Official Gulf Oilspill Disaster thread [Re: GetTheFuckOut]
    #439159 - 06/29/10 07:06 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

I was looking at that link and it had an article about natural gas extraction from shale (Hydro fracting), I don't know if people are aware of this situation or not, but these gas companies are buying the rights to extract natural gas out of the ground from individual land owners, assuring them that it is completely safe.

Fast Forward. We have the same people who let them extract the gas coming forward. They have found that the chemicals used in the process of busting up the shale and extracting the gas, have ended up in their drinking water, not only that, but there is actually gas mixed into their drinking water.

OfflineTHEBats
The Bridge Master
Male

#439183 - 06/29/10 09:32 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

--------------------
kickin-two-hundo said:
you know what i did in english class? I came to class stoned out of my mind every day, i chugged vodka in the back of class, i put dead fish in the ceiling tiles. i put a gallon of old milk and orange juice in the file cabinet before winter vacation. i brought snakes in a tied up sweater and let them loose during class. i didnt go to school to learn, i went because i had to. i didnt care, and i didn't fucking listen to that stupid bitch. and i still don't fucking care. i tore the pages out of her books and burned them, and threw away all the books in the class, two books per day.  :twobooks:

OfflineKilroy
old stoner
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #439188 - 06/29/10 09:43 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

GettheF-out is right we have turned(more to the point me) have turned this thread into a political debate and I am sorry about that and his link it worth the read.
DungenessDank there is a documentary on HBO called gasland that covers fraking extraction. These people who have these companies doing it next to their property(hali is the first part of their name lol) can light their drinking water right out of the faucet. This same company is part of the horizon oil rig disaster as well.

Has anyone heard more about the inspector who received gifts from BP and Haliburton before the explosion. This guy should be in prison for not doing his job. I have a conscience and could not turn my back on something that could be fatal if not fixed, because if something di happen I could not live with myself if some one died because of my greed. I put people over money

--------------------

OfflineDungenessDank
Lord of the Flies

Re: Official Gulf Oilspill Disaster thread [Re: THEBats]
    #439189 - 06/29/10 09:46 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

THEBats said:
photos of Pensacola

http://blogs.tampabay.com/photo/2010/06/gulf-oil-disaster-pensacola-beach.html

That is horrible. The layer of oil beneath the sand is pretty typical of spills. Even after the oil on top is cleaned up, the oil remains on the beaches under a layer sand.

OfflineDungenessDank
Lord of the Flies

#439191 - 06/29/10 09:50 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Kilroy said:
Has anyone heard more about the inspector who received gifts from BP and Haliburton before the explosion. This guy should be in prison for not doing his job. I have a conscience and could not turn my back on something that could be fatal if not fixed, because if something di happen I could not live with myself if some one died because of my greed. I put people over money

This is another regulatory oversight (not to bring anymore politics into this, but unfortunately I see the two as an intertwined problem)

The Horizon oil rig was registered as a ship from Saint Martin. Inspections for US registered vessels require 4-8 WEEKS on average, while inspections for the exact same vessel registered by a foreign nation, takes 4-8 HOURS. No one in their right mind would think 4-8 hours would allow for a proper inspection of an OIL RIG.

OfflineKilroy
old stoner
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #439194 - 06/29/10 09:52 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

TheBats that is a good link too, lets you see that those videos about the real clean up are all true. How far can this disaster go(not really asking). I saw a report by an ocean biologist that says by the time this gets under control this will have spread around to the east coast and possible effect other countries as well with the residue left behind even after they(cough cough) clean it up. I believe it has been said that they really can not get all of the hydrocarbons out, so the taste and health issue of the marine life will last a very long time

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder