Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco All-in-One Grow Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinecritik
Closet Monsters!
Male User Gallery

Re: Bagseed grow. Two Diff Strains. First Grow. *CRITICIZE* [Re: TomCollins]
    #439769 - 06/30/10 02:15 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

It actually didnt have MG in it. I only the peat did which I never used. So it isn't nute burn or any of that.

--------------------

"you know, when you want something really bad and you close your eyes and you wish for it? God's the guy that ignores you"
"I got something that will fit in that hole... its right here in my pocket"
"Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTomCollins

Re: Bagseed grow. Two Diff Strains. First Grow. *CRITICIZE* [Re: critik]
    #439771 - 06/30/10 02:27 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

How's your PH lookin?

--------------------
andyistic said:
Ok so let me bring you idiots up to speed.
The admins are tired of this shitfest being made the joke of the weed community on the Internet.

Offlinecritik
Closet Monsters!
Male User Gallery

#439772 - 06/30/10 02:30 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

I do not have a ph tester But I am almost positive that its leveled. PH was always good when using this stuff for mushrooms. But idk it could be the problem but I highly doubt it.

I wasn't expecting to have ph issues until I feed. That was the plan at least.

--------------------

"you know, when you want something really bad and you close your eyes and you wish for it? God's the guy that ignores you"
"Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?"

OfflineTomCollins

#439775 - 06/30/10 02:48 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

critik said:
I do not have a ph tester But I am almost positive that its leveled. PH was always good when using this stuff for mushrooms. But idk it could be the problem but I highly doubt it.

I wasn't expecting to have ph issues until I feed. That was the plan at least.

I'm not so sure mushrooms have the same PH requirements that cannabis does. My tap water is suuper alkaline (8.5 or so - fucking old rusty Nazi plumbing) and I feed that stuff to my shrooms right outta the tap. :shrug:

Now, you'd think PH shouldn't matter if your just feeding them plain water because you're not feeding them nutes yet. However, I believe PH of the medium and even water, if not within the proper range, can still cause problems even if you're not feeding them. PH affects all stages of growth.

--------------------
andyistic said:
Ok so let me bring you idiots up to speed.
The admins are tired of this shitfest being made the joke of the weed community on the Internet.

Offlinecritik
Closet Monsters!
Male User Gallery

#439777 - 06/30/10 02:53 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Well the pipes are fairly new maybe 3 years old where I live. I always use luke warm water. I guess ill get a ph tester soon. and test my water and my medium PH

--------------------

OfflineKilroy
old stoner
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Cold as Hell Flag
    #439791 - 06/30/10 05:27 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

aquarium shops have ph kits for testing your fish tanks and no one even looks at you when you get one.

--------------------
Just smoke a bowl and get over your self
We are human beings first everything else is second

You can not hold anything I post against me for I am delusional

Offlinecritik
Closet Monsters!
Male User Gallery

Re: Bagseed grow. Two Diff Strains. First Grow. *CRITICIZE* [Re: Kilroy]
    #439805 - 06/30/10 06:46 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

u saying I should steal it?

--------------------

OfflineKilroy
old stoner
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Cold as Hell Flag
    #439820 - 06/30/10 08:02 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

critik said:
u saying I should steal it?

No just saying if you are a little paranoid, you just look like anyone else who is worried about their fish tank

--------------------
Just smoke a bowl and get over your self
We are human beings first everything else is second

You can not hold anything I post against me for I am delusional

Offlinecritik
Closet Monsters!
Male User Gallery

Re: Bagseed grow. Two Diff Strains. First Grow. *CRITICIZE* [Re: Kilroy]
    #439914 - 06/30/10 12:05 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

AHHHHHHHH lol Ok i gotcha

--------------------

Offlinecritik
Closet Monsters!
Male User Gallery

#445004 - 07/11/10 06:40 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

How much closer do you think I can lower the lights? I mean there already 4 inches away. And I don't quite understand the heat on the back of your hand thing I feel heat even when its 6 inches away but it isn't bad or anything. I just don't know how much heat on the back of my hand is no good. But this is a new grow. First one was a failure I over watered which Ive heard a lot of new growers do. Heres a Pic.

The first plant Germinated within 21 hours I was surprised. Now the second plant germinated awfully slow And I did not plant it as deep as the first one and now Its sprouted but the colyteons Are not open and the seed is still attached. But I did it for testing reasons.
I am looking for a bushy plant not to much space between the nodes but I know light can help achieve that.

--------------------

Offlinecritik
Closet Monsters!
Male User Gallery

#445005 - 07/11/10 06:42 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

First plant has been vegging for 2 days now and the other one came up this morning.

--------------------

OfflineSmOakland
Now with Grow!
Male User Gallery

Loc: Oaktown to NOLA
    #445012 - 07/11/10 07:24 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

You can lower the light a little more.  It can be about 3 inches from the plant.  It is a little warm and humid in there.

Offlinecritik
Closet Monsters!
Male User Gallery

Re: Bagseed grow. Two Diff Strains. First Grow. *CRITICIZE* [Re: SmOakland]
    #445040 - 07/11/10 08:28 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

humidity is coming from the perlite at the bottom it will get lower as water runs out and the heat I cant really fix its hot here. but mk So I should lower it u think

--------------------

Offlinemuse42
Zomberrific

Loc: West Coast
    #445056 - 07/11/10 09:25 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Unless you get that pH under control, your going to have the same result.  Most tap water is not anywhere near the correct Ph.

Next, Mushrooms and Cannabis are nothing alike.  Don't compare growing the two.

Save your self a lot of trouble and go buy some Soil, Fox Farm Ocean Forest is Great or some other organic soil. Coco is not a beginner growing material and is not soil.  You can still add all your mushroom growing ingredients to the soil.

Last, if it's already to hot, don't lower the lights until you can bring down the heat.

Good luck,  Just some tips from one newb to another

--------------------
It looks like it's going to be another Gravity Bong type day...

Offlinemuse42
Zomberrific

Re: Bagseed grow. Two Diff Strains. First Grow. *CRITICIZE* [Re: muse42]
    #445058 - 07/11/10 09:27 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

One more thing, Go buy a good grow book and read it a few times.  Read on here just as much and watch videos.

Offlinecritik
Closet Monsters!
Male User Gallery

#445079 - 07/11/10 10:17 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Thnx for the info But I wont worry about the ph untill later I know I was over watering cause I watered them everyday those plants are now dead. It wasnt a ph issue And I will be getting a ph tester. But I am not worrying about that at the moment.

And I rather use coco also I used verm perlite some crushed oyster shell idk why But I thought it was be good to add to the mix.

An I am sure all the info I need is on here I don't have money for a book. And I never said coco was a soil Its a soiless medium. And I am always up for a challenge so Ima stick with coco. If I find it to hard like you say it might be Then Ill change to soil we will see what happens to this grow.  Thanks tho.

--------------------

Offlinemuse42
Zomberrific

#445532 - 07/12/10 06:21 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

pH is important from day one not later but if your just playing around with a grow then to each his own. 

Depending on how much perlite and other things you put in you growing mix combined with the heat of your lights, you might have to water every day.  I mixed half Ocean forest and half Perlite and had to water every two days for the first 2 weeks and every day for the 3rd week until I transplanted out of cups.  My temp during these 3 weeks was 81.

Coco likes a low pH like 5.5 and if your tap water is anywhere near most in the high 7's or 8+ your going to end up in the same boat.

Good luck and keep it coming

OfflineSmOakland
Now with Grow!
Male User Gallery

#445574 - 07/12/10 07:00 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Yo critik

Muse is not trying to be a dick here, and he is right.  You should grow in soil your first grow.  I would have mentioned this earlier but did not realize that this was your grow and that you were very new to growing.  You should not try growing in soilless mediums until you have a few grows under your belt.  If you want to grow soilless you need to purchase a pH meter, a PPM meter, and a bunch of expensive nutrients.  Just save yourself the trouble and buy a bag of soil and a bag of perlite.

Offlinecritik
Closet Monsters!
Male User Gallery

Re: Bagseed grow. Two Diff Strains. First Grow. *CRITICIZE* [Re: SmOakland]
    #445630 - 07/12/10 08:46 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Ohhh noo I know he isn't trying to be a dick hes giving me good info I understand That and i know he is right. just money is kind of tight right now I should say I am trying to do my best to finish a grow so I can learn The plant and everything around it(plant wise).

And dont you always need a Ph meter for any medium you use? I have plenty of perlite as you can see in the pics.

I do plan on getting some FN grow and bloom.

I got distilled water if that helps or is better then tap.

My plan was to get a Ph meter or any kind of Ph tester and Test the pH of my water and medium then go from there on lowering it or making it higher. I know there some Ph up and down around here somewhere.

And I only water my plants when they need it. Which is every 2 and a half to 3 days so far that ive noticed.

But we will see what happens in the next couple weeks. I always try to worry about things at the last min when I notice its a problem. If I see the first leaves dying in the next couple weeks then I am sure its a Ph problem and something should be done fast.

--------------------

OfflineSmOakland
Now with Grow!
Male User Gallery

#445654 - 07/12/10 09:26 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

A bag of decent potting soil is like $5.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco All-in-One Grow Bags