Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineTHEBats
The Bridge Master
Male

Re: Motherfuck British Petroleum [Re: DieCommie]
    #430290 - 06/09/10 10:32 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Also keep in mind BP made large contributions to the Obama campaign.  As much as we would like to not believe so the law of reciprocity will play a role.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/POLITICS/05/05/bp.lobbying/index.html

--------------------
kickin-two-hundo said:
you know what i did in english class? I came to class stoned out of my mind every day, i chugged vodka in the back of class, i put dead fish in the ceiling tiles. i put a gallon of old milk and orange juice in the file cabinet before winter vacation. i brought snakes in a tied up sweater and let them loose during class. i didnt go to school to learn, i went because i had to. i didnt care, and i didn't fucking listen to that stupid bitch. and i still don't fucking care. i tore the pages out of her books and burned them, and threw away all the books in the class, two books per day.  :twobooks:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDungenessDank
Lord of the Flies

Loc: PNW
Re: Motherfuck British Petroleum [Re: THEBats]
    #430291 - 06/09/10 10:36 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Congress passed campaign reform to allow corporations to donate unbridled amounts of funds :yesnod:

OfflineThebooedocksaint
Dead Dictator
 User Gallery

Loc: Wild & Free
Re: Motherfuck British Petroleum [Re: DungenessDank]
    #430292 - 06/09/10 10:40 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

DungenessDank said:
Educate yourselves before you look like fools to real life people.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exxon_Valdez_oil_spill#Litigation_and_cleanup_costs

Like I said, saying history repeats itself is really NOT A VALID ARGUEMENT.

You are assuming that a spill there, is anywhere near the same thing as one here.

The government has to listen to its voters, if they don't do anything. Then it is time to protest. Protest, protest, and protest. Make them listen, in this day and age it is crazy how easy it is to form an effective voice in today's world.

But whatever, one of us or the other is going to be proven wrong.

And honestly I could care less if I am wrong, but using the history alone as your proof does not work.

--------------------
"Je pense, donc je suis (I am thinking, therefore I am)." -Rene Descartes

OfflineTHEBats
The Bridge Master
Male

#430293 - 06/09/10 10:40 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Yep.  And an unintended consequence will be foreign companies swaying American elections.

--------------------
kickin-two-hundo said:
you know what i did in english class? I came to class stoned out of my mind every day, i chugged vodka in the back of class, i put dead fish in the ceiling tiles. i put a gallon of old milk and orange juice in the file cabinet before winter vacation. i brought snakes in a tied up sweater and let them loose during class. i didnt go to school to learn, i went because i had to. i didnt care, and i didn't fucking listen to that stupid bitch. and i still don't fucking care. i tore the pages out of her books and burned them, and threw away all the books in the class, two books per day.  :twobooks:

Edited by THEBats (06/09/10 10:41 AM)

OfflineTHEBats
The Bridge Master
Male

#430296 - 06/09/10 10:44 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Oh looks it's not the only well leaking....

http://blog.al.com/live/2010/06/another_gulf_oil_spill_well_ne.html

--------------------
kickin-two-hundo said:

OfflineDungenessDank
Lord of the Flies

#430297 - 06/09/10 10:48 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Wow man. this situation keeps getting worse.

This is good enough reason to pretty much drop the idea of drilling the arctic. I know if I was a gulf fisherman I'd either be thinking suicide or murder.

TBDS, I hope people do protest the governments inaction on this. Everyone needs to be held responsible, including the MMS offical's who were having coke and hooker party's with BP exec's before they drilled this well.

OfflineTHEBats
The Bridge Master
Male

#430299 - 06/09/10 10:49 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

this is a site worth looking at.  you can see all the donations one receives and from who.

http://www.opensecrets.org/pres08/search_donor.php

--------------------
kickin-two-hundo said:

OfflineThebooedocksaint
Dead Dictator
 User Gallery

#430300 - 06/09/10 10:50 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

DungenessDank said:
Wow man. this situation keeps getting worse.

This is good enough reason to pretty much drop the idea of drilling the arctic. I know if I was a gulf fisherman I'd either be thinking suicide or murder.

TBDS, I hope people do protest the governments inaction on this. Everyone needs to be held responsible, including the MMS offical's who were having coke and hooker party's with BP exec's before they drilled this well.

Inaction?

..... They have already been fined once.

That is not inaction.

:facepalm:

To be inactive there must be no activity.

--------------------

OfflineDungenessDank
Lord of the Flies

Re: Motherfuck British Petroleum [Re: Thebooedocksaint]
    #430301 - 06/09/10 10:54 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

If they were active in this they would have taken over from day one, HISTORY (I know you despise our past) has shown that these companies are not effective enough to clean up something of this magnitude. These "fines" are nothing more than tax deductions. Now if you want to tell me how to form my speech perhaps you should use a :pm:

OfflineThebooedocksaint
Dead Dictator
 User Gallery

#430305 - 06/09/10 10:59 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

DungenessDank said:
If they were active in this they would have taken over from day one, HISTORY (I know you despise our past) has shown that these companies are not effective enough to clean up something of this magnitude. These "fines" are nothing more than tax deductions. Now if you want to tell me how to form my speech perhaps you should use a :pm:

To bad the government doesn't exactly have a department of "oil spills."

BP is an oil company, they are more qualified than any person the government probably has.

--------------------

OfflineLucid
Monster Plant Creator
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada-ish. Flag
Re: Motherfuck British Petroleum [Re: THEBats] * 1
    #430313 - 06/09/10 11:35 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

THEBats said:
The gulf is fucked.  Worse case scenario it leaks into the ocean currents, and gulf stream and kills florida and the eastern sea board off too.  Also they're in the process, not bp but shell if I remember correctly, of scouting locations for arctic drilling...

Ok now BP pisses me the fuck off too, and I think its bullshit that they arent doing more to clean this shit up. BUT nobody seems to reference the oil spill in the golf in 1979 that was like 5x more oil than has spilled now, it was on the Mexico part of the golf. They got a little lucky and the currents helped bring it out into sea and dissipate it. And oil is just long dead bugs and whatnot, well there are naturally occurring bacteria that do infact eat this oil up. ya it takes a long time but the golf WILL recover.  And come on guys, GOD dident want us to drill into the earth so far? REALLY? thats just crazy, it obvious that the reptilian people caused the spill so we didn't drill into the center of the earth and find where they live!!!
AHhh BUBBLEHASH!!!! makes me say weird shit.....:vaped::vaped::vaped::vaped::vaped:

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Star Flag
Re: Motherfuck British Petroleum [Re: Lucid]
    #430324 - 06/09/10 11:51 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

:yesnod:

:bongload:

--------------------
Don't criticize what you can't understand

OfflineThebooedocksaint
Dead Dictator
 User Gallery

Re: Motherfuck British Petroleum [Re: Lucid]
    #430334 - 06/09/10 12:00 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Lucid said:
Quote:

THEBats said:
The gulf is fucked.  Worse case scenario it leaks into the ocean currents, and gulf stream and kills florida and the eastern sea board off too.  Also they're in the process, not bp but shell if I remember correctly, of scouting locations for arctic drilling...

Ok now BP pisses me the fuck off too, and I think its bullshit that they arent doing more to clean this shit up. BUT nobody seems to reference the oil spill in the golf in 1979 that was like 5x more oil than has spilled now, it was on the Mexico part of the golf. They got a little lucky and the currents helped bring it out into sea and dissipate it. And oil is just long dead bugs and whatnot, well there are naturally occurring bacteria that do infact eat this oil up. ya it takes a long time but the golf WILL recover.  And come on guys, GOD dident want us to drill into the earth so far? REALLY? thats just crazy, it obvious that the reptilian people caused the spill so we didn't drill into the center of the earth and find where they live!!!
AHhh BUBBLEHASH!!!! makes me say weird shit.....:vaped::vaped::vaped::vaped::vaped:

I am now ok with the smart ass comment you made in the other thread.

:awebig:

--------------------

Invisible13eetleJuice
The ghost with the most
Male

Loc: 6' under fertalizing bud
    #430371 - 06/09/10 01:07 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Thebooedocksaint said:
Quote:

DungenessDank said:

BP is an oil company, they are more qualified than any person the government probably has.

I don't put ANY faith in those that fucked up in the first place. Our nation certainly has talented experts in the field that could be hired to lead the clean up effort. Your arguments are foolish.

--------------------

OfflineThebooedocksaint
Dead Dictator
 User Gallery

Re: Motherfuck British Petroleum [Re: 13eetleJuice]
    #430402 - 06/09/10 02:19 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

13eetleJuice said:
Quote:

Thebooedocksaint said:
Quote:

DungenessDank said:

I don't put ANY faith in those that fucked up in the first place. Our nation certainly has talented experts in the field that could be hired to lead the clean up effort. Your arguments are foolish.

You just told me my arguement was foolish.

And yes our nation does have talented experts in this field.

They work for oil companies, you know like BP.

Do you really trust someone like FEMA to take care of this?

--------------------

Invisible13eetleJuice
The ghost with the most
Male

#430440 - 06/09/10 04:15 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

This is why what you say is foolish:

(a) Those men and women working for THE OIL COMPANY have the company's interest in mind while at their job. It is in their job description to act as such.

(b) Those men and women working for THE PEOPLE have the people's best interest in mind while at their jobs. It is in their job description to act as such.
Clearly however, in this nation, corporations have been defined as people and as such the government is bound by law to recognize the entity known as 'British Petroleum' as a person and extend to them the rights guaranteed us all, and in a sense, it can be said that the government is working for the vested interests of BP.

(c) Those men and women working for THE ENVIRONMENT have the plants', animals', and future generations' best interest in mind.

I don't feel like going any further with this list so I hope it adequately eludes to my point. Not every geologist works for an oil company. There are plenty of qualified professionals that could act to lead this operation who do NOT receive a paycheck from a major oil company.

If we, as private citizens, or as a nation, simply sit back and "let the experts down at British Petroleum," handle this disaster then it will be the successive generations of this nation that will PAY the losses caused by this disaster to THEIR natural resources for which they will now not be able to depend upon to supplement this nation's livelihood. Are you getting the scope of it now?

--------------------

OfflineThebooedocksaint
Dead Dictator
 User Gallery

#430441 - 06/09/10 04:23 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

13eetleJuice said:
This is why what you say is foolish:

(a) Those men and women working for THE OIL COMPANY have the company's interest in mind while at their job. It is in their job description to act as such.

(b) Those men and women working for THE PEOPLE have the people's best interest in mind while at their jobs. It is in their job description to act as such.
Clearly however, in this nation, corporations have been defined as people and as such the government is bound by law to recognize the entity known as 'British Petroleum' as a person and extend to them the rights guaranteed us all, and in a sense, it can be said that the government is working for the vested interests of BP.

(c) Those men and women working for THE ENVIRONMENT have the plants', animals', and future generations' best interest in mind.

I don't feel like going any further with this list so I hope it adequately eludes to my point. Not every geologist works for an oil company. There are plenty of qualified professionals that could act to lead this operation who do NOT receive a paycheck from a major oil company.

If we, as private citizens, or as a nation, simply sit back and "let the experts down at British Petroleum," handle this disaster then it will be the successive generations of this nation that will PAY the losses caused by this disaster to THEIR natural resources for which they will now not be able to depend upon to supplement this nation's livelihood. Are you getting the scope of it now?

Those that work for a company have their own best wishes in mind, not who they work for.

People know that in the end, for the individual, your own well being should be your # 1 concern.

So the people that work for BP, will know it is in their well being to clean as best they will.

You just hate BP because they fucked up, that does not make the people that work for them any less qualified.

Also, seriously speaking....

Who are the experts in stoping an oil leak, and cleaning up the mess in the water.

I would think not a geologist, but I'm at a loss for their actualy job title.

For the leak engineer?

Oil rig engineer?

Hydrolics?

For clean up would it be chemists?

--------------------

Invisible13eetleJuice
The ghost with the most
Male

#430468 - 06/09/10 06:36 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

First, I don't hate BP; my fiance just so happens to sell their gasoline. :smirk:

Secondly, those who are hired to make decisions of large impact for the best interest of that company which pays them a check, do so in the company's best interest. If they do not, they will be out of a job. You see this is how capitalism works, my friend. If Joe Blow wants to have a conscience and do the "right thing" for humanity, he doesn't get a paycheck anymore. Those that get promoted within any company are those that are willing to look out for the best interests of the company.

My point here is that there is a conflict of interest in letting the company that caused the spill oversee it's cleanup efforts. BP dropped the ball. Early reports suggest that safety measures were compromised in favor of profit indicating irresponsibility and an impeachment of ethics but, we won't know anything for sure until an investigation into BP's internal affairs is concluded.

Can you not understand and concede to the conflict of interest I'm speaking of?

I haven't said that BP is guilty of ANY wrong doing. The potential exists however and as such they should not be the authority in charge of the clean up of their own spilled milk for I fear they might just try to shovel some of it under the rug, and not because they are the "Evil BP Corporation" but simply because it's in their best interest. Companies in this capitalistic economy are forced into the unethical decisions that are made every day in order to stay competitive.

It's simply economics, a place where ethics don't exist. I'm sorry. :shrug:

--------------------

OfflineThebooedocksaint
Dead Dictator
 User Gallery

#430476 - 06/09/10 06:46 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

13eetleJuice said:
First, I don't hate BP; my fiance just so happens to sell their gasoline. :smirk:

Secondly, those who are hired to make decisions of large impact for the best interest of that company which pays them a check, do so in the company's best interest. If they do not, they will be out of a job. You see this is how capitalism works, my friend. If Joe Blow wants to have a conscience and do the "right thing" for humanity, he doesn't get a paycheck anymore. Those that get promoted within any company are those that are willing to look out for the best interests of the company.

My point here is that there is a conflict of interest in letting the company that caused the spill oversee it's cleanup efforts. BP dropped the ball. Early reports suggest that safety measures were compromised in favor of profit indicating irresponsibility and an impeachment of ethics but, we won't know anything for sure until an investigation into BP's internal affairs is concluded.

I haven't said that BP is guilty of ANY wrong doing. The potential exists however and as such they should not be the authority in charge of the clean up of their own spilled milk for I fear they might just try to shovel some of it under the rug, and not because they are the "Evil BP Corporation" but simply because it's in their best interest. Companies in this capitalistic economy are forced into the unethical decisions that are made every day in order to stay competitive.

I'll agree that they want to do whats best for their job.

But how is not cleaning it up ASAP going to help BP at all.

It is completely in their best interest to clean it up.

--------------------

Invisible13eetleJuice
The ghost with the most
Male

#430489 - 06/09/10 06:59 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Thebooedocksaint said:
Quote:

13eetleJuice said:

I haven't said that BP is guilty of ANY wrong doing. The potential exists however and as such they should not be the authority in charge of the clean up of their own spilled milk for
I fear they might just try to shovel some of it under the rug, and not because they are the "Evil BP Corporation" but simply because it's in their best interest. Companies in this capitalistic economy are forced into the unethical decisions that are made every day in order to stay competitive.

I'll agree that they want to do whats best for their job.

But how is not cleaning it up ASAP going to help BP at all.

It is completely in their best interest to clean it up.

Have you watched the video about the dispersal agents being used? They're spraying chemicals on the oil slick that disperse the oil. Now to the typical layman and otherwise uninformed general public, this might seem like a good idea. They see oil. BP sprays chemical to DISPERSE the oil. Public doesn't see big oil slick anymore... I guess it must have disappeared, HOORAY BP!

...nope, it's just dispersed across a LARGER VOLUME OF WATER.

That's just the most recent case in point and granted, I'm not geo-marine-biologist-type but I suspect that the use of this dispersal agent will eventually come to be known as a complication to the REAL clean-up efforts when they begin which are generally long term strategies. One could use Google to research previous spills both in the U.S. and around the globe to get an idea of how long it actually takes to clean up all of the mess.

I'm not an expert! I can't argue that what BP is doing isn't the best way to go about it. I'm only pointing to the elephant in the room that is the conflict of interest I've spoken of.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order