Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinekickin-two-hundo
|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅| ♪♫♪♫♪♫
Male User Gallery

Loc: afghanistan
PHOTOTRON 9!!!!! *DELETED*
    #426572 - 05/31/10 05:06 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Post deleted by cicken200

Reason for deletion: done

--------------------
The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.

anything and everything i post on here is completely fictional and come straight from the deepest depths of the black hole which is my mind.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinevolcomstoner
Just one more xanax
 User Gallery

Loc: Gaybec
Re: PHOTOTRON 9!!!!! [Re: kickin-two-hundo]
    #426610 - 05/31/10 06:06 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

You got ripped off. HARD

--------------------

Vas donc jouer dans le traffic

Offlinekickin-two-hundo
Male User Gallery

Re: PHOTOTRON 9!!!!! [Re: volcomstoner]
    #426611 - 05/31/10 06:11 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

ya right why?

--------------------

anything and everything i post on here is completely fictional and come straight from the deepest depths of the black hole which is my mind.

Offlinevolcomstoner
Just one more xanax
 User Gallery

#426616 - 05/31/10 06:21 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

- Phototron--31,000 fluoroscent lumens, $639
- 1000 watt HPS--150,000 HID lumens, $350
- 400 HPS--45,000 HID lumens, $178.
- Five double tube 4' floro shoplights(cool white bulbs included)--30,000 lumens, $60.(Same exact thing as phototron)

Sorry dude but phototrons are a rip-off. I Dont know how much an Xbox is but I can tell you that you can get much better results for MUCH cheaper.

--------------------

Offlinekickin-two-hundo
Male User Gallery

#426650 - 05/31/10 07:31 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

u suck man. but i got it along with about 200 dollars worth of other stuff, so it was very worth it i didnt get ripped off at all

--------------------

Offlinevolcomstoner
Just one more xanax
 User Gallery

#426654 - 05/31/10 07:51 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Not trying to hate dude but in my opnion you still got ripped off. Start a grow with that, and your HPS and compare the total yeild. The HPS will blow that thing away. Theres no possible way that 31000 Lumens could pull out 55+ ounces plus that thing looks like it could only hold one plant, one plant can not yeild 55oz. thats about 3 pounds. Now unless your growing an 8ft tall outdoor sativa, it's very unlikely.

--------------------

Invisiblebrifunforme
Card Holder. Not really

#426657 - 05/31/10 08:00 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

I agree you got ripped man. All the phototron is is a couple "reflective" sliding panes (Hows it SO reflective when the light comes right through it?) around a couple of fluoros. Thats it, there is nothing special and it is not a "super grower" It's a hyped up POS that fools unknowing noobs into spending a bunch of cash.
Yeah you can yield 55 ounces with it and that is wet weight INCLUDING stems,leaves,root, and soil!

I'll give ya 20 bucks for it. My basil could use a little extra light.

Offlinekickin-two-hundo
Male User Gallery

Re: PHOTOTRON 9!!!!! [Re: brifunforme]
    #426660 - 05/31/10 08:06 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

why u gotta be such a douche about it dam

--------------------

Invisible13eetleJuice
The ghost with the most
Male

Loc: 6' under fertalizing bud
    #426663 - 05/31/10 08:12 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

cicken200 said:
u suck man. but i got it along with about 200 dollars worth of other stuff, so it was very worth it i didnt get ripped off at all

Don't hate the messenger, bro. He's just letting you know what's up.

As for the $200 worth of stuff... it's actually probably only worth twenty bucks.:smirk: :lol::rofl:

I'm JOKING! Just picking at ya, man. If I were you, I'd go get my xbox back.

--------------------

OfflineDieselB
High Watt Closet
Male

Re: PHOTOTRON 9!!!!! [Re: 13eetleJuice]
    #426710 - 05/31/10 10:10 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

55 ounces of tomatoes probably.

--------------------
If you ain't smokin' dro, you're smokin' reggie. :shrug:

Offlinekickin-two-hundo
Male User Gallery

Re: PHOTOTRON 9!!!!! [Re: DieselB]
    #426854 - 06/01/10 10:59 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

ah whatever we'll see whos laughin when i get dank nugs in half the time, and if it doesnt work as great as it supposed to then ill make it into a multi level cloner, which would make it worth it to me. have any of you actually ever seen someone grow with one of these, or used one yourself? i doubt it.

--------------------

Offlinekickin-two-hundo
Male User Gallery

#426856 - 06/01/10 11:02 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

oh ya and its 36,000 lumens not 31,000 btw.

--------------------

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Loc: Nepal Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #426859 - 06/01/10 11:31 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

My 1000W hps is still 150,000 lumens. And you'll never grow it in half the time, ever. Weed takes a certain amount of time to flower, and some fancy system isn't going to cut that in half, no matter what

--------------------

OfflineRasJeph
Psycho Pete
Male

Loc: Bumfuckt Egypt
Re: PHOTOTRON 9!!!!! [Re: Harry_Ba11sach]
    #426860 - 06/01/10 11:35 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

The older dude I talk to about growing is always hyping his phototron, telling me how great it is...

I've gotta say - he grows some fucking dank. But all his methods are pretty old school...he could be doing so much better...but hes set in his old school ways haha. I figured this thing wasn't so hot.

IE: He hasn't even heard of CFL's or HPS to my knowledge. I'm not really sure what it is he uses.

--------------------
Of course it's happening inside your head.
Why should that mean it isn't real?

Invisiblebrifunforme
Card Holder. Not really

#426867 - 06/01/10 12:22 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

cicken200 said:
ah whatever we'll see whos laughin when i get dank nugs in half the time, and if it doesnt work as great as it supposed to then ill make it into a multi level cloner, which would make it worth it to me. have any of you actually ever seen someone grow with one of these, or used one yourself? i doubt it.

I knew someone who grew in one. They ended up with some dank ass nugs. But the yield was shit, the buds were airy as hell. And I wasn't being a jerk when I was telling you my opinion of it. Sorry you took it that way.

I really would just turn it into a multi level cloner.

Offlinekickin-two-hundo
Male User Gallery

#426871 - 06/01/10 12:40 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

thank you for a little positive input on it rasjeph and brifunforme, im not saying its better than or even comparable to a 1000watt hps no shit man, i kno its not even comparable to a 400 or 600 watt, but its still gonna grow somthing quick and i plan on just using it for vegitative growth, im gonna flower under my high pressure sodium bulb, so i will still have dense good buds.

And ya if i dont get the results i want from it, i am going to use it as a multi level cloner and seed starter, and i know it will work great for that and do what its supposed to. I was talking to a guy who had one and he says that the plants he grows in it have very rapid growth and go from seed to harvest in about 3 months, and he said he usually gets 3-4 ounces per plant, which is pretty good that will keep me high for a couple months until the next buds ready.

Im just experimenting with this thing, my next grow is alot of experiments, tryin out  DWC for the first time, tryin out out this thing for the first time, just got a 400 watt metal halide to put in my hps setup to try out. and hempy buckets for the first time. we'll see what happens, ill keep everyone posted and maybe the phototron will live again!! muhahaha

--------------------

Offlinekickin-two-hundo
Male User Gallery

#426880 - 06/01/10 01:23 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

hey mother fuckas look at this, 1 single plant in a phototron, just under a pound at harvest, looks like a phototron is not a complete waste of money after all. :crazy2:

--------------------

Invisiblebrifunforme
Card Holder. Not really

#426882 - 06/01/10 01:29 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

By that post you keep saying "grow something quick" Seems like you are under the assumption that this thing is going to grow your plants quicker then a MH or HPS. If you have a MH, use THAT for veg growth NOT the phototron. The phototron is not going to grow anything faster at all.
And I really really dont believe that plant yielded apound or close to it but thats just me. But it doesn't even look like there is more then 4 ounces of bud in that thing. Have a link to the whole log?

Invisiblebrifunforme
Card Holder. Not really

#426886 - 06/01/10 01:39 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

http://icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=26564&highlight=phototron&page=2

Guy had nice lookin buds and a nice looking plant. But yield was just under an ounce. I just dont want you to expect to have a shit ton of bud to smoke on. Because you will be disappointed going into this thinking your gonna have a bit to smoke. And it seems like you have fallen for the hype the phototron sellers push and are expecting huge yields. It is just not gonna happen that way, sorry.

Offlinekickin-two-hundo
Male User Gallery

#426905 - 06/01/10 02:17 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

heres the link to the log

http://www.420magazine.com/forums/completed-journals/83398-ragemonkeys-phototron-homeade-bubbler-experiment-northern-lights.html

i mean ive sold alot of weed in my life, and that is definately at least three quarters of a pound.

idc lol i mean i got the thing for about ohhh 10 - 20 bucks maybe 30 idk depends on how much this camera i got with it is worth, but its just a test im gonna have it going right next to the mh so i mean its just for fun, ill see what i get out of it and if its that much worse than the mh, ill just use it as a cloner. but think if i had gotten that plan that guy has in the picture, and when it just started to preflower, took it out and threw it under my high pressure sodium, bam fire, dense nuggets of joy. and thats really all im lookin for.

nuggets of joy.:grin:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds