Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinecreep 1nc
Stranger

help please, leaves burning
    #420014 - 05/18/10 04:39 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Soil Growers:
1. Seeds
2. planted 60 days ago
3. 12-14" tall
4. 3 gallon
5. Fox Farm Ocean Forest
6. water approx. 1x per week or when needed
7. water ph is 6.5
8. using Fox Farm grow big/big bloom.....fed once with tiger bloom to up potassium level due to long veg period thus far
9. I do not foliar feed
10. 100w mh and 300w hps
11. lights are 24" away from top of plants
12. grow space is 8 square feet (2'x4')
13. temperature is 79F, Humidity is 50 to 60rh
14. soil ph was 8, flushed with water that was adjusted down to 5ph to even it out
15. no insects
16. first grow with cannabis

when I first noticed this happening I suspected low potassium so I watered with tiger bloom, then a couple days later I tested soil ph with probe and it read 8ph so then I flushed with water that I used ph down in to bring it down to a ph of 5. The soil is now 6.5

Edited by creep 1nc (05/19/10 03:31 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinecreep 1nc
Stranger

Re: help please, leaves burning [Re: creep 1nc]
    #421525 - 05/21/10 06:16 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

thanks for the help........................................... :boo:

--------------------
. Creeps bagseed! 1st grow ever

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #421753 - 05/21/10 05:06 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Are you using anything to make sure your getting micronutrients into your plants??  Like Cal/mag+?? 

How many ml's per gallon are you feeding them??  pH probes are notoriously inaccurate.  The only way I would measure the pH of soil is by measuring the run off.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

Offlinejuslikejesus
Your Name Is My Name Too
Male
Loc: Pennsylvania
Re: help please, leaves burning [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #422305 - 05/22/10 11:22 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

The dots look like lack of nutes(they probably got locked up cause the PH was to high), also 5 PH is not even 7 PH is even and where u want it is at about 6. 5 PH will keep those little dots and kill your plants.

Also if you're not distilling your water keep it out for 24 hours and than use. That should fix your problem

--------------------
When answering a question I ask, feel free to elaborate, feel free to direct me to other threads and or internet resources. I WANT to hear good information, try to make it so I don't have to answer anymore questions. I've read a lot if I ask a question it's because I want to here more.

Edited by juslikejesus (05/22/10 11:28 PM)

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: help please, leaves burning [Re: juslikejesus]
    #422332 - 05/22/10 11:55 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Well he never said that 5 was a NEUTRAL pH.  He said that he used it to bring the pH of the soil down to 6.5.  To even out the difference. 

Letting your water sit for 24 hours only allows the chlorine to dissipate.  If he has hard water it's not going to do a damn thing to help with that.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

Offlinecreep 1nc
Stranger

#422420 - 05/23/10 07:09 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

I was not using distilled water, I was allowing it to sit out for at least 24hrs. I have not been using cal-mag...........I am off to read about it. I was thinking that the worm castings/guano in the fox farm nutes provided the function of getting micronutriets to the plants.

--------------------

Offlinejuslikejesus
Your Name Is My Name Too
Male

#422464 - 05/23/10 10:49 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

hawksapprentice said:
Well he never said that 5 was a NEUTRAL pH.  He said that he used it to bring the pH of the soil down to 6.5.  To even out the difference. 

Letting your water sit for 24 hours only allows the chlorine to dissipate.  If he has hard water it's not going to do a damn thing to help with that.

You're right it's not but because his water was at 8.0 before he flushed it it could still be lacking nutes and it may just take a while for the nutes to get in.

The sign of to high of Ph could've just shown right after he fixed it, but the damage could've already been done?

THat's true if the water is to hard, it's not going to do a damn thing but I think it might've just been from the ph being at 8 at a point.

How long have the dots been there for, are they going away?

--------------------
When answering a question I ask, feel free to elaborate, feel free to direct me to other threads and or internet resources. I WANT to hear good information, try to make it so I don't have to answer anymore questions. I've read a lot if I ask a question it's because I want to here more.

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #422521 - 05/23/10 12:43 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

The only way I would measure the pH of soil is by measuring the run off.

Measuring run off is crap.  If you're going to test the pH of your soil, buy a testing kit designed to test the soil.

--------------------

MFDoom666: sobriety kills my buzz every time.

Offlinecreep 1nc
Stranger

Re: help please, leaves burning [Re: coda]
    #422709 - 05/23/10 04:35 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

no more dots/damage on new growth, 1 plant out of 6 still looks bad. The water here is not hard however it is chlorinated so I set it out for a few days (at least 24hrs)

Thanks all for your help, I was having great luck with ph at beginning and now I see why it is stressed so much by everyone.

Can I assume that the spots were not caused by low potassium due to extended veg time?

--------------------

Offlinejuslikejesus
Your Name Is My Name Too
Male

#422741 - 05/23/10 05:23 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

creep 1nc said:
no more dots/damage on new growth, 1 plant out of 6 still looks bad. The water here is not hard however it is chlorinated so I set it out for a few days (at least 24hrs)

Thanks all for your help, I was having great luck with ph at beginning and now I see why it is stressed so much by everyone.

Can I assume that the spots were not caused by low potassium due to extended veg time?

I'm pretty good at figuring things out and even though I'm a new grower like I said I think this was the problem.

When your PH was to high(before you flushed it) it locked up nutrients cause it to poison the plant, however no signs were showing yet. Than when you fixed the PH it didn't fix everything instantly and that's when the ailment was shown. However since you fixed the problem yourself, that's why I asked if they were going away.

The 1 out of 6 that is still bad, just give it sometime it should fix. If it doesn't I can assume it's PH is still thrown off.

--------------------

OfflineCannaboid
Gang Green Gang
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
    #422743 - 05/23/10 05:25 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Why would it affect only 1 plant if the PH is off?

--------------------

Offlinejuslikejesus
Your Name Is My Name Too
Male

Re: help please, leaves burning [Re: Cannaboid]
    #422745 - 05/23/10 05:29 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Cannaboid said:
Why would it affect only 1 plant if the PH is off?

It didn't affect only 1 plant it effected all of them, just 1 out of the 6 that were bad is still affected. Those spots on it, those little yellowish dots every where CLEARLY very CLEARLY tell me that this is a PH problem. I'm a new grower, but like I assumed if he just let them go a little they would fix, and 5/6 of them did. He fixed the problem himself, and he didn't even know he did it(doesn't mean you accidently did it, you grew your plants well). Until the plants either go back to those dots or something else goes wrong with them, browning curling anything that this is a Ph problem. Just let that last plant go a little bit and if it's still messed up try fixing the Ph again on it.

--------------------

Offlinecreep 1nc
Stranger

#422757 - 05/23/10 05:42 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

thanks, the 6th plant in question "Cindy Mae" is about to get her picture posted and uploaded in a few.

--------------------

Offlinecreep 1nc
Stranger

#422770 - 05/23/10 05:53 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

okay, first picture is a close up of "her" and the 2nd is of the group, she is the back left.

--------------------

Offlinejuslikejesus
Your Name Is My Name Too
Male

#422807 - 05/23/10 06:38 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

THis is a different problem good thing you put these pics up because that's not PH definetly it is not PH.

It looks very similiar to a couple of different things,

I'd place my bets with zinc or sulphur defiency, uhm Zinc will be fixed with the PH being lowered, is that whole first picture one plant? That yellowing it should get better if it's zinc cause u fixed the PH.

The Ph could still be messed up on this specific plant, I think it's Zinc and not Sulphure because sulphur is on older leaves and this looks like it's on newer leaves. Give it another day than post up if you're still worried.

--------------------

Offlinecreep 1nc
Stranger

#422858 - 05/23/10 08:10 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

well she got another flush since it was watering time anyways, gave em all a good flush and added a few drops of Superthrive per gallon........they'll be getting some food in a few days

--------------------

Offlinejuslikejesus
Your Name Is My Name Too
Male

#422881 - 05/23/10 09:00 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

I hope they get better.

--------------------

OfflineDoodle
Stranger
Re: help please, leaves burning [Re: coda]
    #422979 - 05/24/10 12:54 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

coda said:
Quote:

The only way I would measure the pH of soil is by measuring the run off.

Measuring run off is crap.  If you're going to test the pH of your soil, buy a testing kit designed to test the soil.

Every kit I've seen to measure run off to date is crap as well.  And hasn't given me an accurate measurement whatsoever.

Now measuring runoff isn't extremely precise.  But I personally have found it just as precise as any of the soil pH tests you buy froma store.  Whether it's a little vial that you add drops to or the metal probes which I have found to be WAY less accurate than testing my runoff.

Offlinecreep 1nc
Stranger

Re: help please, leaves burning [Re: Doodle]
    #423792 - 05/25/10 02:50 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

"Cindy Mae" continued to get worse even with the new growth. Flushing her with 12 gallons of water (6.75ph) currently then gonna give her a week before touching her again. Wish her luck!

--------------------

Offlinecreep 1nc
Stranger

#423805 - 05/25/10 03:11 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

are the $500 soil ph meters accurate, not that I would buy one, just wondering

--------------------

Offlinecreep 1nc
Stranger

#429387 - 06/06/10 03:31 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

she ended up making a recovery with copious flushing and transplanting, pots being directly on floor may have also contributed to health. -Cheers

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies