Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineG13
G13
First time outdoor grow, just new a couple answers.
    #418083 - 05/14/10 11:23 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Alright I'm going to start my first outdoor grow sometime this week or next week hopefully. I know the basics but I want some input on the strain I'll be using which is Feminized Lowryder Diesel from Attitude and some other stuff.

So lets start with the strain,

Lowryder grows great indoors and I've heard some great things when growing in a semi-public area and when you need a small large budding plant. I was going to go for Lowryder #2 but diesel looked to have the best genetics overall. Again, my main grow will be in densely vegetated patch of bushes, trees and vines but It gets direct sunlight from dawn to dusk. Weather is 70 to 85-ish and humid most of the time. Getting low 60s and high 90s certain days in the summer. I'll have access to watering it daily but don't want to cater too much and make it obvious I'm growing weed.

Where I'm growing,
There is a large field close to my house, the field is mowed every 3-5 weeks by 1 or 2 mowers. I'm not growing in this field but there is a densely vegetated area on the side of it, The top view is covered by trees and vines and I happened to be blessed with everything pointing in the right direction and having direct sunlight to most of it for the entire day, the side view is protected if its by a tree or in certain patches because vines spread across the entire area. I'm looking at low ryder as my strain, perfect safe height would be 14" from the ground while I don't want to go over 18". I will be removing the current soil and replacing it with foxfarm, waiting a few days for everything to settle then plant my seeds. Again, I'm not worried about bugs or cops I'm worried about those mowers because they are the only ones who ever see it, its 100% impossible to see it from the air. I'll be growing other seeds in a few different areas alot safer than this but I'd like to grow here because its in viewing distance, gets great sunlight and is hidden from top view.

How much can I monitor it and manage it,
Like I said its in viewing distance and takes about 2 1/2 minutes to get to a good spot in there and I wake up at 4am every day and have easy access to manage it then because it'll still be dark.

My Current growing gear,
-Fox Farm Ocean Forest Soil, I will replace 1-2 gallons of the soil with this.
-Neem pesticide/fungicide

My questions:
-Any strain better than low ryder diesel for this?
-How much water do these babies get outside?
-Do I need to fertilize with anything special?
-How much will I yeild with direct sunlight for roughly 16 to 18 hours and with proper care?
-Does my growing gear look good so far? Do I need any extra?

I just thought I'd talk to the experts here before I fuck up and waste 10 or so seeds. Thanks for taking the time to read my thread, I really do appreciate it. I'll post a grow log once I get this going.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDungenessDank
Lord of the Flies

Loc: PNW
Re: First time outdoor grow, just new a couple answers. [Re: G13]
    #418402 - 05/15/10 05:42 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

I wouldn't call myself an expert, however...

Quote:

Any strain better than low ryder diesel for this?

For your purposes, the only other thing I could think of would be a regular plant trained down into a low bush

Quote:

How much water do these babies get outside?

During hot periods or periods of low precipitation, they will take however much you can give them to a point.

Quote:

Do I need to fertilize with anything special?

You're yield would greatly benefits from a source of phosphorus during flowering, which is pretty much most of a lowryder's life.

Quote:

How much will I yeild with direct sunlight for roughly 16 to 18 hours and with proper care?

There is too many variables to take into account with this one. I'd expect somewhere between 1/2 oz to 1 1/2 oz (I don't know if anyone has ever got more than that off a lowryder) :justdontknow:

Quote:

Does my growing gear look good so far? Do I need any extra?

Yeah the soil will give them a good start, I'd say the more you can use the better for the plant. And like I said some kind of fertilizer high in P, like a bloom nutrient, or bat guano.

OfflineG13
G13
Re: First time outdoor grow, just new a couple answers. [Re: DungenessDank]
    #418624 - 05/15/10 09:32 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

DungenessDank said:
Quote:

Do I need to fertilize with anything special?

You're yield would greatly benefits from a source of phosphorus during flowering, which is pretty much most of a lowryder's life.

Quote:

Does my growing gear look good so far? Do I need any extra?

Yeah the soil will give them a good start, I'd say the more you can use the better for the plant. And like I said some kind of fertilizer high in P, like a bloom nutrient, or bat guano.

Alright, I'm checking out the Advanced Nutrients Bloom right now. I have a ph kit for hydro but I'm sure just like the AN Bloom it'd work on soil right? I've always grown with a ph of 6.5 is that good for lowryder and outdoors? Thanks for the quick reply.

InvisibleT-Rex
Herbsman
Male User Gallery

Loc: Devils Marbles Flag
Re: First time outdoor grow, just new a couple answers. [Re: G13]
    #419605 - 05/18/10 05:44 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Once again I'm nothing but a novice, but I grew my first season outdoors this year and after reading all about it I decided to not even bother checking the PH of soil as it should be sweet by itself, but yea I can't say it would be a bad thing to check it if you have the equipment.

And if you're worried about the gardeners I would suggest collecting fallen branches/anything bushy enough to cover it and maybe pile it up in the area's that are visible, its crude but I doubt they would even see them if you didn't cover them as the plants wont be that tall and gardeners tend to not give a shit about the area they don't need to maintain hahaha.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Cultivation Supplies