Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Gold Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleTriptonic
Male

Loc: Flag
Marijuana good for Eczema?
    #416489 - 05/12/10 03:19 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

A reader writes:

I'm among the legions of pot smokers who have a chronic disease. For me it's severe eczema that itches like hell, splits my hands and feet (and right now face) into tens of cuts, and hurts from swelling.  Nothing else ever works. I've tried the sleeping pills, drink, exhaustion - nothing.  Cannabis dulls the pain and distracts my mind from the itching, which allows me to drift off.  I wake up fresh. When I visit my in-laws I can't bring any, and I stay awake 20-30 hours at a time, finally collapsing for 4-5 hours between.  That's what my life would be like without it. 

I'm really trying to get my eczema under control without having to resort to drugs with potentially awful side effects.  Of all the drugs that I've used, only prednisone works as well as cannabis in easing the symptoms - after all, being awake 2-4 more hours a day means that much more itching, and feeling rested is more precious than many people realize.  But prednisone is so dangerous you can only stay on it a few weeks at a time.

Thanks for all the articles; they make me hopeful someday I'll be able to simply buy some at the pharmacy, or better yet grow it at home.  Music sounds great, the world kind of sparkles, and I get very tired.  How bad can it be?

http://andrewsullivan.theatlantic.com/the_daily_dish/2010/05/the-cannabis-closet-severe-eczema.html

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies