Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinecat_scratch
Stray

Loc: WA
Newb
    #413493 - 05/07/10 03:29 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Alright, first off, its my first time growing/posting here (waited until legal), and while I did do the much encouraged searches, read some threads, ect. I know all the shit I did WRONG and my plant probably hates me until only recently when I bought her (better be a girl dammit) the HID. Now its time to make it right...

I have some limits in square footage, max being 5.75ft/69" x 2.75ft/33" (its an unfinished room in the basement, lots of pipes and a huge hole in the floor for a sump pump for the house, extremely dry room, excellent ventilation). The room is actually rather large, nearly 8x7 feet, so plenty of room for tanks and any other needed support equipment. Vertical clearance is... a dream at nearly 8 feet. It comes wired with around 1800W at the box, the wiring will likely take 1500W safely. Water available.

So far my line of thought on my new setup is hinging around a 400W HID MH/HPS lamp being able to EVENLY cast over a 5.75ft x 2.75ft area. I know there is enough light, but since I smoke to treat asthma, quality control is at the top of the list. I know I can easily cover the 2.75ft depth of my future grow chamber, but the literature I've dug up suggests 4'x4' for a 400W HID, and with 4 + an extra 1.75ft, am I going to want a pair of smaller 250s and just use my existing 400 for another chamber? The area of the chamber is just shy of 16sq/ft, and 400W will do 16sq/ft.

Also, watering, I like automation and dislike watering cans, so I know where that's pushing me, and some of the spray setups look really nice, likely where I'll go with my system. Are there going to be tubs that are not going to be as tall as some I've seen and be able to support weight of a potentially big plant or should I just daisy up a bucket based system, relying on their tried and true toughness?

At the same time, At the same time, how many plants will fit in this area, since that directly influences the watering equipment design? A lot of reading has told me that 1 plant gets 1 square foot, I have 15.8. Can I honestly use a 1:1 plant:area ratio with these dimensions or do I need reduce the end count? I figure its more beneficial to grow every plant with the right lighting and get an even consistency than to increase the plant count (WA state max is 16 anyway). I can always boost output by increasing veg times given I've got height on my side.

I'm not into doing shit twice because something failed from being unable to cope with its task, and I'm presently very hurt for cash so replacing stuff just sucks double. Plus... it always breaks when it will mess you up the most.

Umm... my memory is coming apart now, so shutting up while still coherent. Got some good shit today  :stoned2: Kinda thinking it just canceled my afternoon for me.

--------------------
I'm not god, the timer is. I just adjust the timer.

WA State Legal.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDungenessDank
Lord of the Flies

Loc: PNW
Re: Newb [Re: cat_scratch]
    #414023 - 05/08/10 03:56 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

I read it all... But I don't know what to tell you man. :stoned:

Sounds like you have an idea of what you want to do. Its really all up to personal preference. Just find a method of growing that works best for you.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom