Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblebrifunforme
Card Holder. Not really
Curing and smell
    #413054 - 05/06/10 12:24 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Ok, I searched for a curing/drying section without finding one. Maybe I overlooked it? But anyways, If I chop my future plants and cut the big fan leaves off but leave the trim for a couple of days while it dries will that affect overall smell and cure?

The reason I ask is I know it gets real stinky at harvest time and want to avoid that as best I can by just cutting the fans and letting the bud dry for 2 days before I cut the trim.

I plan on building a carbon scrubber drying chamber, but that wont help during the cutting and trimming so I will need to try and do it this way.I could take it to a friends house and do it to avoid smell issues, but then someone would know about my grow. Something I do not want!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblemhbound
Ballin out at all cost
Male User Gallery

Loc: High Flag
Re: Curing and smell [Re: brifunforme]
    #413067 - 05/06/10 12:44 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

yea but i find its harder to do that way

--------------------
Suck my balls America

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Curing and smell [Re: mhbound]
    #413176 - 05/06/10 05:32 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

And that's not really going to help cut down on smell.  If your growing in your own place then why is the smell a problem?  The actual trimming isn't any worse than the flowering portion in all honesty.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

Invisiblebrifunforme
Card Holder. Not really
Re: Curing and smell [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #413198 - 05/06/10 06:09 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Well, most growers grow in their own place. Why do they use carbon scrubbers? Smell is a problem due to the fact that someone can show up almost at any given time here. Except the middle of the night and I dont want to be trimming in the middle of the night.

The flowering smell shouldnt be a problem considering the carbon scrubber. But once I take the flowers out and start chopping them I am sure that the smell will be much stronger then flowering plants in with a scrubber.

Invisiblemhbound
Ballin out at all cost
Male User Gallery

Loc: High Flag
    #413202 - 05/06/10 06:13 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

--------------------
Suck my balls America

Invisiblebrifunforme
Card Holder. Not really
Re: Curing and smell [Re: mhbound]
    #413209 - 05/06/10 06:25 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

K, I know how to build the carbon scrubber dryer. Thanks! My question was if letting the buds dry a few days with the trim leaves still on the bud would affect the end result of the bud.

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #413215 - 05/06/10 06:35 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Chopping them up doesn't really increase the smell all that much, you just run the carbon scrubber in the room your trimming in.  If you smoke, then this is the one day I recommend smoking inside as that helps as well.

When your in the middle of harvest it's usually pretty standard to NEVER answer the door unless you already know someone is coming over.  When I harvest all windows are shuttered and all doors locked.  If you take the necessary precautions it's nothing to worry about.

How would bringing it to a friends house cut down on smell??  It'll still be the same issue just a different location.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

Invisiblebrifunforme
Card Holder. Not really
Re: Curing and smell [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #413242 - 05/06/10 07:12 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

hawksapprentice said:
Chopping them up doesn't really increase the smell all that much, you just run the carbon scrubber in the room your trimming in.  If you smoke, then this is the one day I recommend smoking inside as that helps as well.

When your in the middle of harvest it's usually pretty standard to NEVER answer the door unless you already know someone is coming over.  When I harvest all windows are shuttered and all doors locked.  If you take the necessary precautions it's nothing to worry about.

How would bringing it to a friends house cut down on smell??  It'll still be the same issue just a different location.

Different location. It wouldn't cut down on smell, It would cut down on chances of family members or in laws dropping in unannounced.
And I would never answer the door while harvesting. Thing is, is people can tell if my wife and I are home if we are home. Also, our home being situated the way it is is relatively close to the neighbors.
I just dont want the house reeking of weed while I am trimming.

Invisiblebrifunforme
Card Holder. Not really
    #413244 - 05/06/10 07:18 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

So hawks, would you say just setting up a table or something right in front of my DR80 and trimming right there would help the smell? I would think that a viable option. Then I can just throw it in the carbon scrubber dryer? Also, will you check out my hardware list I posted and tell me if you think I overlooked or will need anything else? Thanks!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag