Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineTrueHerbCrystal
Uncertified Oregrowian
Male User Gallery

Loc: Emerald City Flag
My Neighbours are making me Nervous....
    #410149 - 05/01/10 04:41 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

I was just walking to the laundry room area in my apartment complex, winch is in a building next to the one I live in, and I saw a person's residence, where the glass window is completely covered in mylar-like reflective tape/film in a patch-job pattern....:facepalm:....:nonono:

Which looks kinda like this aluminum tape (the material I have my thumb on in the photo), but its stuck directly onto the glass window, facing toward the parking lot in plain sight.

Couldn't be more obvious....now I'm nervous because if the apt. owners see that and recognize it as a "stealth" grow, they could go door-to-door and crack down on other ones in these apartments.....doesn't look good.

I can't think of anything else it could be....maybe to reflect heat from coming in?

But the good news is my grow is almost done. Just 1-2 weeks more, and its harvest time baby! Ohhhh Yeeaaah! :vaped:

Back to the issue at hand: Has anyone here had a similar problem, such as their neighbours growing with not-so-stealthy techniques, and them getting caught (or possibly caught) puts your own indoor grow op in trouble?

Unsettling Sight.
:nonono:
~ TrueHerbCrystal ~

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDungenessDank
Lord of the Flies

Loc: PNW
Re: My Neighbours are making me Nervous.... [Re: TrueHerbCrystal]
    #410154 - 05/01/10 04:44 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Why would they have the reflective material facing outward if they were trying to grow weed? Its used to reflect the light off of their window brah.

:paranoid:

OfflineTrueHerbCrystal
Uncertified Oregrowian
Male User Gallery

Loc: Emerald City Flag
Re: My Neighbours are making me Nervous.... [Re: DungenessDank]
    #410163 - 05/01/10 05:01 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

I was thinking it was double-sided, so the inner side reflects light for their plants, like mylar....

But it could be the light-reflecting thing....but all these apartments come with drapes: why not just use those?

I mean, to piece together reflective material, then stick it on the window just to make a room darker? Seems like a lot of work to put up and then take off later...

But its certainly possible.
~ TrueHerbCrystal ~

Offlinelostinbq
!!!STARNGE!!!!

#410208 - 05/01/10 07:55 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

unless ur appt stinks of MJ. thay need a warrent to go door to door and look.. thats what ive seen anyway in fl.. maintenance  men go in all the time and dont say shit cous thay cant.but every place is diffrent.. and i dought it is a stealth grow all blaint like that.. mine are in my basement.. i got drapes on my windows.. there gona get ya!!!

watch out the kashasties might get ya..ha ha haha ha

--------------------
Everyone are you ready for doom,
Because I've blackened the sun,
And I've bloodied the moon.
I bring gloom when I step in the room,
With the fumes of a tomb.
flowers bloom when Im taken away
:rofldrunk:

Edited by lostinbq (05/01/10 07:57 PM)

Offlineelcharrosays
Male User Gallery

#410219 - 05/01/10 08:24 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

It's got nothing to do with growing anything I'm approximately 90% sure nobody would be so stupid as to do such a thing. I know what you're talking about though and I've seen many people around here do it. It has something to do with conserving energy and bills and whatnot. My mother even has it on her bedroom windows and I know for a fact she doesn't grow shit.

--------------------

Offlineelcharrosays
Male User Gallery

#410220 - 05/01/10 08:25 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

You are facepalm.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds