Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlineelcharrosays
Male User Gallery

Doitagain
    #406060 - 04/23/10 11:36 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Do you know anything about gnosticism or the Kabbalah?

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineelcharrosays
Male User Gallery

Re: Doitagain [Re: elcharrosays]
    #406062 - 04/23/10 11:49 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Or does anyone else for that matter?

--------------------

OfflineDoitagain
Smoothie therapist
Male User Gallery

Loc: i am everywhere and nowhe...
    #406092 - 04/24/10 03:07 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

not too much, why?  were not really supposed to do that shit.

i don' place any credence in its just old mysticism just like christians and shit had in the middle ages and all peoples had throughout history.  Ours might be some of the oldest, but theres little value to it and its not really a part of manistream jewish religious practice.

some people claim it works and i think maybe it works if people believe it will work.

--------------------
ltd said:
fgts just don't understand

keep the shit

Offlineelcharrosays
Male User Gallery

Re: Doitagain [Re: Doitagain]
    #406173 - 04/24/10 11:43 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

I've been getting into it lately and it's really weird. I've been kind of like a devout atheist my entire adolescent life but now I'm starting to see things in a different light and accept things I used to think were ridiculous. These things just make too much sense and I can't deny the power I feel in it.

It incorporates many truths I've found evident through experience in life and finally puts this whole "God" business into a light that actually makes sense. From my understanding it fits with all other world religions, it just goes a lot deeper and uses predominantly Hebrew terms to describe concepts. The mysticism possibly predates Judaism, and written history for that matter, but was incorporated into the religion very early on. It shares a helluva lot with Buddhism.

It's some heavy shit but it can be hard to find a reliable source of information on it. I highly recommend 'The Gnosis of The Cosmic Christ' by Tau Malachi for anyone with an inquisitive mind and an interest in esoteric knowledge.

--------------------

OfflineDoitagain
Smoothie therapist
Male User Gallery

Loc: i am everywhere and nowhe...
    #406190 - 04/24/10 12:15 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

elcharrosays said:
I've been getting into it lately and it's really weird. I've been kind of like a devout atheist my entire adolescent life but now I'm starting to see things in a different light and accept things I used to think were ridiculous. These things just make too much sense and I can't deny the power I feel in it.

It incorporates many truths I've found evident through experience in life and finally puts this whole "God" business into a light that actually makes sense. From my understanding it fits with all other world religions, it just goes a lot deeper and uses predominantly Hebrew terms to describe concepts. The mysticism possibly predates Judaism, and written history for that matter, but was incorporated into the religion very early on. It shares a helluva lot with Buddhism.

It's some heavy shit but it can be hard to find a reliable source of information on it. I highly recommend 'The Gnosis of The Cosmic Christ' by Tau Malachi for anyone with an inquisitive mind and an interest in esoteric knowledge.

yeah man like i'd have to say i know very little about it, I know some of it like spells and curses and that's why we're not really supposed to study it.  Didn't know there was any aspects of it that are similar to buddhism but that doesn't surprise me.  i can draw some parallels with traditional judaism and buddhism as well.

For me i'm basically an agnostic with a cultural approach to Judaism.  Anything interesting you read about kabbalah that i should check out?  You've piqued my curiosity somewhat.

--------------------
ltd said:
fgts just don't understand

keep the shit

Offlineelcharrosays
Male User Gallery

Re: Doitagain [Re: Doitagain]
    #406209 - 04/24/10 01:21 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Well apparently there's like three different types of the Kabbalah. There's theoretical Kabbalah, meditative (or contemplative) Kaballah, and practical (magical) Kabbalah. I know nothing whatsoever of spells and curses or anything of the magical Kabbalah but I'd like to get into it one day if possible. What do you know about spells and whatnot?

Everything I've been studying so far has to do with the nature of reality and "God" and how to realize the vast potential within oneself. I don't really know where to begin in trying to describe it as I've barely breached the surface of it.

Apparently there's a difference between Jewish Kabbalah and it's derivative Christian Kabbalah. Practicing Christian Kabbalah isn't a worship of Yeshua Messiah but rather a conscious evolution towards 'Christhood' or what could also be termed 'enlightenment,' the potential within all of us. When you get into it you see it's teachings everywhere in life and sometimes some weird shit can manifest. Do you know anything of synchronicity? Sometimes life can show you some weird things and they're far too great to be mere coincidences.

Like I said, I highly recommend Tau Malachi's book "The Gnosis of The Cosmic Christ: A Gnostic Christian Kabbalah." His gift of prose and ability to put such concepts into a tangible manner is astounding. It's like $12 off Half.com. One day when my funds come through I'm going to buy several dozen copies of it as well as 'The Holographic Universe' by Michael Talbot and give them away for free with the understanding that they be passed on.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom