Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Injection Grain Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineSpaceMonkey
Mind Pilot
Male

Loc: Hawaiian Islands Flag
Federal agents and sheriff's deputies say seized marijuana in Saginaw County was illegal and not med * 1
    #405166 - 04/22/10 02:41 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Federal agents and sheriff's deputies say seized marijuana in Saginaw County was illegal and not medicine.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________

By Gus Burns | The Saginaw News
April 22, 2010, 7:52AM

John Roberts, 48, of Thomas Township, said he and his fiancée, Stephanie Whisman, 38, are caretakers for five patients each, which under the law allows them to possess 12 plants and 2.5 ounces of harvested marijuana per patient. Roberts is holding a syringe of “Rick Simpson hemp oil” — a liquid cannabis extract ingested orally for pain and to induce sleep.
-------------------------------------------------------------
Saginaw County sheriff’s deputies, with federal Drug Enforcement Administration agents, made seizures at the homes of two medical marijuana patients last week.

Saginaw County Sheriff’s Detective Sgt. Randy F. Pfau said the seizures were some of the first from registered medical marijuana users in Saginaw County since the law’s November 2008 passage. The patients weren’t following state guidelines, Pfau said.

Prosecutors haven’t charged the residents, and because the investigation is ongoing, Pfau declined to discuss the nature of the violations.

“I don’t want people that are doing this for the appropriate reasons — for medical use — to think that the Sheriff’s Department is going to kick in their door in some day,” Pfau said. “As long as they’re operating within the required law, we don’t have a problem with it.

“We’ve come across several others who were operating inside the law, and we took no action.”

Homeowner John F. Roberts, 48, of Thomas Township said the use was appropriate: to treat pain and other ailments of patients who need his “medicine.”

Roberts said he and his fiancée, Stephanie Whisman, 38, are caretakers for five patients each, which under the law allows them to possess 12 plants and 2.5 ounces of harvested marijuana per patient.

“The true victims are the patients we are trying to assist,” Roberts said. “Now my patients are going to have to suffer because they can’t get their medicine.”

He said some of his patients have terminal cancer, rheumatoid arthritis and other chronic diseases and ailments.

Pfau said tests by the State Police Crime lab will verify whether seized plants, harvested marijuana and other cannabis-derived products — such as oils and butters — are in fact marijuana; and the findings will be turned over to the Saginaw County prosecutor’s office.

Authorities said they also seized 88 marijuana plants, “a large quantity of processed marijuana” and three guns from the home of Edwin W. Boyke, 54, of Saginaw Township.

Boyke said he uses medical marijuana for pain associated with a pinched nerve in his back and because he doesn’t want to get “hooked on Vicodin.”

He disputes the number of plants deputies reported confiscating but he admits he had 17 more than the law allows. He said his son-in-law, a registered medical marijuana patient, also uses his grow space, so he was legal to have up to 36 plants and 7.5 ounces of harvested product.

About 20 of the plants were clones, clippings from other plants and hadn’t rooted yet, he said. Boyke said he is new to growing, and so far harvested less than an ounce from four plants.

Deputies also seized 4 ounces of dried marijuana, a 42-inch TV, a 2008 Chevy Impala, guns, two lawn mowers, an air compressor, a dehumidifier and a lawn blower from Boyke’s home, he said.

The next day, Boyke said deputies gave him the opportunity to recover his personal items in exchange for $5,000 in cash. He said, after seeking legal advice, he paid the fee, which Pfau said was charged for impounding the items.

Boyke said the marijuana, TV, dehumidifier and guns were retained by the department.

He said he’s not sure if he’ll grow any more for himself or his patient.

“Right now I’m afraid to do anything,” he said. “They’re just harassing anyone they can.”

Saginaw sheriff’s deputies and federal agents plucked a leaf from each of Robert’s plants during their search, Roberts said, for the purpose of testing in case he later is charged with illegal possession of marijuana.

In addition, deputies seized about 4 ounces of harvested marijuana, a pound of cannabis butter, a bag of leaf clippings for making butter and a quantity of “Rick Simpson hemp oil” — a liquid cannabis extract ingested orally for pain, Roberts said.

Kim M. Zimmer, 54, is a disabled Saginaw resident and one of Whisman’s patients. She said she has fibromyaglia and stomach adhesions, and has battled stomach, colon and cervical cancers.

“This stuff works great for me,” Zimmer said. “I got my first ounce last month from them ... and now I’m really in pain, because I have no product at all.

“If I have to, I’m going to have to go into the black market and buy it off the streets.”

Roberts, Whisman, Zimmer and Boyke are members of the 140-member Tri-City Compassion Club, an organization that advocates for medical marijuana use and assists patients with procurement, consumption and growing information. 

On Monday, Roberts tended about 112 marijuana plants in the garage behind his Thomas Township home. The bright grow room is filled with the sound of pumps and circulating water. Outside and inside the white garage, the musk of marijuana is distinct. He said it will be months before he can harvest more medical marijuana.

"This is michigan for ya!! Police State! Pigs! Crooks!"
I would never want to live in that shithole again!

Did you read what they then took from the guy, besides his cannabis?
"Deputies also seized 4 ounces of dried marijuana, a 42-inch TV, a 2008 Chevy Impala, guns, two lawn mowers, an air compressor, a dehumidifier and a lawn blower from Boyke’s home, he said."

What a CROCK O SHIT!!

'SpaceMonkey'

--------------------

:guns: Don't Mistake My Kindness For Weakness :guns:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDungenessDank
Lord of the Flies

Loc: PNW
Re: Federal agents and sheriff's deputies say seized marijuana in Saginaw County was illegal and not med [Re: SpaceMonkey] * 1
    #405173 - 04/22/10 02:45 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Wow. I hope this guy and his patients sue the shit out of these idiots.

OfflineSpaceMonkey
Mind Pilot
Male

Re: Federal agents and sheriff's deputies say seized marijuana in Saginaw County was illegal and not med [Re: DungenessDank] * 1
    #405177 - 04/22/10 02:48 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

yeah me too!!
Michigan ha been getting away with their bully attitudes long enough! The citizens passed the vote to legalize medical cannabis and they(pigs) should back they fuck off!

Family has told me that even though Michigan legalized the medical use, the police and alot of the smaller cities are not going with the flow! Still making it hard on the patients

--------------------

OfflineDungenessDank
Lord of the Flies

Re: Federal agents and sheriff's deputies say seized marijuana in Saginaw County was illegal and not med [Re: SpaceMonkey] * 1
    #405185 - 04/22/10 02:53 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

If they can't bust the marijuana users, they have to go after real criminals, and that requires work.

Things change slowly, but every day thousands of people are becoming medical marijuana users in this country, the cops can't go on like this forever.

OfflineSpaceMonkey
Mind Pilot
Male

Re: Federal agents and sheriff's deputies say seized marijuana in Saginaw County was illegal and not med [Re: DungenessDank] * 1
    #405206 - 04/22/10 03:08 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

When i heard Michigan finally made medical status, i was so happy for my home state! Mainly because the pigs are to lazy to go after the real criminals, rapists, murders, real drug pushers, etc. They used snitches to bust low level users and then tried to turn them into snitches. They would ruin your life over a damn seed there! I was a fairly well known back in upper michigan and they would fuck with me for any reason! search my cars, harrass me in public any chance they got. All this was for me smoking and maybe helpin the friends out with herb. I was not a violent person, a thief, or any other sort of criminal. I just indulged in a little herb. They wasted several hundred to several thousand on several attempts to bust me. On top of that, all th money they spent on the 10 officers that followed me around, The cars used and the gas used to build a case. The court expenses and lawyer fees, all for a simple possession charge!

I know the pigs will have to change their tactics sometime, but hopefully before they ruin a bunch more lives over this plant!

--------------------

OfflinePsilocybinMike
T.F.Y.Q.A
Male User Gallery

#405275 - 04/22/10 04:07 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Deputies also seized 4 ounces of dried marijuana, a 42-inch TV, a 2008 Chevy Impala, guns, two lawn mowers, an air compressor, a dehumidifier and a lawn blower from Boyke’s home, he said.

Lol dude got robbed by uncle sam and the sundance pigs. How can they just take someones T.V or lawn mowers for allegedly being in violation of some shit they won't even discuss. They take their fuckin lawn mowers! lmfao

--------------------

baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaammmm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVZBTAYm3rw

OfflineSpaceMonkey
Mind Pilot
Male

Re: Federal agents and sheriff's deputies say seized marijuana in Saginaw County was illegal and not med [Re: PsilocybinMike] * 1
    #405279 - 04/22/10 04:12 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

That's Hicksville Michigan for ya!

--------------------

OfflineDungenessDank
Lord of the Flies

#405486 - 04/22/10 07:37 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Cops are jealous they aren't in charge of the drugs anymore :yesnod:

Edited by DungenessDank (04/22/10 07:38 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Injection Grain Bag