Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineSpaceMonkey
Mind Pilot
Male

Loc: Hawaiian Islands Flag
Legalize it already
    #404344 - 04/20/10 06:38 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

A movement for the legalization of marijuana is growing in California.
____________________________________________________________________________________

Tom Ammiano, a state assemblyman and former San Francisco supervisor, put forth a bill on Feb. 23, 2009 that would tax and regulate the sale of cannabis in California, according to Salon, a news website.

According to an analysis conducted by the state tax board, the legalization of marijuana could bring in an estimated $1.3 billion in revenues, according to the San Francisco Chronicle.

The federal government has requested $15.1 billion to spend on President Obama's National Drug Control Policy, which includes areas such as substance abuse prevention, substance abuse treatment and law enforcement, according to the Office of National Drug Control Policy website.

Federal government surveys about drug usage have found that about 25 million people have smoked marijuana in the last year and 14 million do so annually, according to the National Organization for the Reform of Marijuana Laws website.

All these facts and figures scream at me - legalize it.

The California economy continues to face a huge budget deficit, as does the country.

Costs related to regulating drugs continue to skyrocket.

Marijuana, as an illegal substance, generates $14 billion annually, according to the Drug Policy Alliance Network website.

I don't understand why people don't see the light and tap marijuana legalization as a way to fix these budget crises.

It's like seeing a $20 bill on the ground and kicking it down a storm drain instead of picking it up.

Marijuana is a money-making product and has an industry essentially devoted to it.

Hydroponics is a way to grow plants indoors in liquid nutrient solutions, as opposed to soil, utilizing high-powered lights to grow crops, according to Dictionary.com and the Hydroponics Online website.

I would argue that this industry is supported primarily by people involved in illegally growing and distributing marijuana.

Who else would want to spend all that money on electricity for lighting if it wasn't going to make them lots of money back?

I think the reasons above are more than enough to make a good argument for legalizing cannabis usage.

But more than anything else, I think marijuana should be legalized because it isn't harmful.

Bill Hicks, one of my favorite comedians, had this to say on government regulation of drug usage: "What business is it of yours what I do, read, buy, see or take into my body as long as I do not harm another human being on this planet?"

--------------------

:guns: Don't Mistake My Kindness For Weakness :guns:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDieselB
High Watt Closet
Male

Re: Legalize it already [Re: SpaceMonkey]
    #404394 - 04/20/10 09:19 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

You got it copied twice.

--------------------
If you ain't smokin' dro, you're smokin' reggie. :shrug:

OfflineSpaceMonkey
Mind Pilot
Male

Loc: Hawaiian Islands Flag
Re: Legalize it already [Re: DieselB]
    #404397 - 04/20/10 09:44 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Sorry!
and thanks for the heads up!

--------------------

:guns: Don't Mistake My Kindness For Weakness :guns:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds