Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Gold Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco All-in-One Grow Bags   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Free yourself from yourself
Male User Gallery

Loc: Carpal Tunnel
FREEDOM!!!
    #403453 - 04/18/10 11:06 AM (14 years, 4 days ago)

How can we convince people to take back their rights?  Ask your friends, parents, sisters, brothers, cousins, aunts, barbers, mechanics, anyone you have casual exchanges with why they think drugs are some illegal and if think that a fundamental right of human existence is to ingest anything we want, absent harm to others.  I haven't done this, but I think I will start now.  I am curious to get peoples opinions.  I am sure all of you agree with me if you are here, unless your an leo or something.  I guess the point of this is getting at what's the most constructive and influential way to persuade someone that their rights are being trampled over.  I've said it before the repression of psychedelics has done great harm to human evolution.  We need to be mainstream, we can't be a sub or counterculture any more.  People need psychedelics, they just don't know it.  I don't really think there's a singularly most persuasive argument out there, it's dependent on the person or group you are talking to.  To alter consciousness is to be human.

--------------------

Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies - Become a member!
The Growery's Herb Museum (post #24)
I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery.
~ Thomas Jefferson ~

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDungenessDank
Lord of the Flies

Loc: PNW
Re: FREEDOM!!! [Re: FurrowedBrow]
    #403482 - 04/18/10 01:17 PM (14 years, 4 days ago)

Everyone has had some rights stripped from them, especially in the past decade, I find that if you can draw an analogy between what someone already experiences and what you are trying to explain it helps a lot. Of course if they don't do drugs, they probably won't care either way :justdontknow:

Offlineb0b gnarley
 User Gallery
Re: FREEDOM!!! [Re: FurrowedBrow]
    #403776 - 04/19/10 11:07 AM (14 years, 3 days ago)

People need psychedelics, they just don't know it.

explain this shit

OfflineNobodyImportant
Science Is Subculture
Male User Gallery

Loc: Jawjuh.
Re: FREEDOM!!! [Re: b0b gnarley]
    #403779 - 04/19/10 11:13 AM (14 years, 3 days ago)

Quote:

b0b gnarley said:

explain this shit

Otherwise you are a government tool for work and consumption and you think thats what living is all about

Not saying you NEED psychedelics but they sure do help open your mind a little (or a lot)

--------------------
:bonghit:
Glass By: US Tubes, ZOB, Roor.de, Sheldon Black, Jerome Baker, Medicali, Kennaroo, Sand, Alex K, Local and Unknown Artists

Offlineb0b gnarley
 User Gallery
Re: FREEDOM!!! [Re: NobodyImportant]
    #403783 - 04/19/10 11:23 AM (14 years, 3 days ago)

Quote:

NobodyImportant said:
Quote:

b0b gnarley said:

explain this shit

Otherwise you are a government tool for work and consumption and you think thats what living is all about

Not saying you NEED psychedelics but they sure do help open your mind a little (or a lot)

living is the experience of living.  maybe most people take it for granted when they realize how insignificant you really are

i would like to believe most consumers are just looking out for their family, not shopping at k-mart solely on wanton greed

agreed, but maybe just "important" people need them?  doesn't make sense offering mushrooms to a schizo or someone criminally insane?

InvisibleGod
Yahweh

Re: FREEDOM!!! [Re: b0b gnarley]
    #403806 - 04/19/10 01:16 PM (14 years, 3 days ago)

I've come to realize that you can't change the mind of those who don't want it changed.  This may seem obvious, but it means something extraordinary: even if you say things that are so incontrovertible that they have no choice but to concede your point, in the end, they'll often still say something like, "yeah, I see what you're saying, but I'm going to continue believing what I already did, because it's convenient" (any outspoken atheists reading this will recognize this from a theist: the question, "what could convince you that your god is not real?" is often answered proudly with a resounding, "nothing!")
I think DungenessDank is right, one of the best ways to get through to someone is to bring it to a level that makes them feel it.

Look at the cannabis legalization movement over the last 50 years or so.  Mostly didn't gain any ground, was considered some fringe crazy group, until the last few years.  With the "recession" on, people who don't even care about rights at all are finally realizing, "hey, we can make even more money doing nothing if we just let these potheads do what they want, but heavily tax and regulate it."

If you don't make it affect them, they won't care.  There has to be a direct line from the concept of "drugs are illegal" to a concept like "your children are in more danger because of it," or "you'd have more money if they weren't," something personal.  You can talk about rights, you can talk about millions being unjustly jailed, you can even point out all the death and destruction that is a direct result of the illegality of drugs, but nothing will convince most people until it gets personal.  I have noticed, though, that once it's personal, those who were previously unswayed by the "rights, prison, death!" argument end up using it themselves, and wonder why their friends won't listen to them.

Basically, you can quote "those who would give up liberty for safety..." at them all day, and they'll still go home thinking "I don't know what he's talking about, safety is awesome!  And unlike liberty, I already have safety, so no work required.  Sweet!"

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco All-in-One Grow Bags   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies