Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineibusturcherry
Stranger

Re: BEGINNER GROW! [Re: ibusturcherry]
    #404794 - 04/21/10 06:16 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

set up a new home for the lil girl in a spot under my bed. set up credit goes to 13eetlejuice, even used the printer paper idea for reflection above the lights (great idea btw). used aluminum on the bottom, havent finished lining the whole inside yet. also credit to Harry for the easy light setup. excited to see how she does now with a lil bit more wattage :grin:

i was wondering about the 3 26W 2700k bulbs tho. are they actually supposed to look a lil reddish? as opposed to the 2 6500k ones.

Edited by ibusturcherry (04/21/10 06:18 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineibusturcherry
Stranger

#404812 - 04/21/10 06:42 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

shit, those cfls create a lot of heat! its about 95F in there. even though i dont have good ventilation yet, all i have is the fan inside the grow room circulating the same hot air. ill prob cut out a whole in the back and have the fan blow in air into the grow..or should i have the fan blow air OUT the space?

Invisible13eetleJuice
The ghost with the most
Male

Loc: 6' under fertalizing bud
    #404813 - 04/21/10 06:42 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

The high temperature values emit light that is more toward the blue end of the spectrum, which mimics the hues of the high noon sun in mid summer.

The low numbers correspond to the red end of the spectrum which is most beneficial to the plant during flowering.

Late in the season when the sun begins to trace a low path across the southern sky (for those of us in the northern hemisphere), plants in nature are receiving a more reddish-golden 'color' of light and this stimulates their flowering hormones, essentially telling the plant that their time is almost over and that they should rush to procreate; in other words, they pack on the bud.

You'll be just fine using a combination of bulbs during flowering. I think many growers aim for a 4:1 (red:blue) ratio anyways. During vegetative growth, if you're planning on keeping a plant as a mother I think it's advised to keep the light well into the blue however, if you're going to flower the plant when it's mature then I don't see the problem with a mixed spectrum.

Much of that could be inaccurate (someone plz correct me if so) but that's how I currently understand it.

With all that said... be careful with all that heat and electricity under the very place where you sleep. I'd hate to hear about you burning up in your sleep one night and me getting credit for the setup. :sad: I've never actually used printer paper above the lights. Heat tends to rise and while it's probably not a danger... well, I'm a paranoid pothead; I've always used mylar or aluminum foil as a makeshift reflector. I know the aluminum isn't as reflective as paper but it's a hell of a lot more fire retardant. :2cents::shrug:

--------------------

Offlineibusturcherry
Stranger

Re: BEGINNER GROW! [Re: 13eetleJuice]
    #404817 - 04/21/10 06:48 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

yea i also thought bout the fact its under my bed but i made sure no fabric was exposed and above the grow is a wooden top. and i was way too stoned when i put it all together and totally forgot when i told myself to use aluminum above the lights and paper for the sides! but i was also running low on aluminum due to why i didnt finish. ill remove the paper above real soon and move to the sides. good looking out man:thumbup: totally overlooked that!

Invisible13eetleJuice
The ghost with the most
Male

Loc: 6' under fertalizing bud
    #404833 - 04/21/10 07:24 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

I'm probably just being silly, bro. I doubt the paper has that much less of a combustion temperature than the particle board that it is covering. It'll probably be fine. Maybe wait until someone else chimes in to be sure.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds