Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineFarmer Joe
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA Flag
Re: UFC -- what is the appeal? [Re: Homosapian]
    #388253 - 03/22/10 02:53 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Homosapian said:
Quote:

Farmer Joe said:
There's a few places round my parts that do ufc classes and set up fights'n shit. I sat in on two classes a few months ago. That shit was rugged. Way too much involvement needed to succeed though. The training is nuts.

Bruce Lee would def own 5 ufc dudes in the cage no prob man. You can't argue that. Do some research on how he trained man...it's fucking insane and way more intense than anything ufc fighters do.

you watch too much tv son.... i suggest you lay off the weed for a few months and think before you type this horse shit :huxleyfacepalm:

No need to be a dick HOMO.

I actually do put thought into my posts...and if you weren't constantly spewing ignorance across this site I would go through the trouble to link you to the articles/documentaries I have read/watched.
And I don't plan on cutting back on the mj. You don't smoke or cultivate it....so why the fuck are you here in the first place?

--------------------
"Marijuana may not be addictive, but growing it is" - ED Rosenthal

Maine Caregiver In 100% compliance with Maine state laws.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineHomosapian
DMT
Male User Gallery

Loc: Austin , TX
Re: UFC -- what is the appeal? [Re: Farmer Joe]
    #388254 - 03/22/10 02:55 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

no seriously.... i bet you also think WWE is real dont you?
listen kid stop watching too many superhero movies because it makes you look like an idiot.

--------------------

InvisibleTriptonic
Male

Loc: Flag
    #388256 - 03/22/10 02:56 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

How bout you both calm down. Tv is just Tv. Who cares if people watch it, that is what its there for.

OfflineTangerines
Grease Wizard
Male

Re: UFC -- what is the appeal? [Re: Doitagain]
    #388259 - 03/22/10 02:59 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

UFC is for people who are too scared to get into IRL fights on the streets.  UFC is for pussies.

/thread

Offlinetrippy5589
Male User Gallery

#388264 - 03/22/10 03:01 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

is it the wrong time of the month or somethin copper you seem to be xtra bitchy today  :brucelee: and kno one fucks with bruce

OfflineFarmer Joe
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA Flag
    #388265 - 03/22/10 03:02 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Homosapian said:
no seriously.... i bet you also think WWE is real dont you?
listen kid stop watching too many superhero movies because it makes you look like an idiot.

Never watched wwe:shrug: never got into that super hero shit either.

Got anything else?

--------------------
"Marijuana may not be addictive, but growing it is" - ED Rosenthal

Maine Caregiver In 100% compliance with Maine state laws.

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Loc: Nepal Flag
Re: UFC -- what is the appeal? [Re: trippy5589]
    #388269 - 03/22/10 03:03 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

trippy5589 said:
is it the wrong time of the month or somethin copper you seem to be xtra bitchy today  :brucelee: and kno one fucks with bruce

he's just super sensitive about his homo-cuddling.  He got this way in the last MMA thread as well :shrug:

--------------------

Invisiblecaptain.koons
Failed Botanist
Re: UFC -- what is the appeal? [Re: Tangerines]
    #388313 - 03/22/10 04:20 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Tangerines said:
UFC is for people who are too scared to get into IRL fights on the streets.  UFC is for pussies.

/thread

Street fights are funny, especially when one of them sluggers gets in a fight with someone with MMA training. Look at old UFC fights before they sorted out some rules. Royce Gracie fought this dude named Chemo who was 3 times his size and they utilized hair pulling and headbutts, basically a street fight minus the weapons and clearly dirty tactics (biting, eye gouging, testicle grabbing, etc)

--------------------

TROLLS NEED LOVE TOO!

InvisibleFarBeyondDriven
Truthfully, I'm a bullshitter
Male User Gallery

Loc: Greenbow, Alabama
Re: UFC -- what is the appeal? [Re: Thebooedocksaint]
    #388399 - 03/22/10 06:59 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Thebooedocksaint said:
Quote:

I saw this fight between Kimbo Slice and Huston Alexander and for the first 3 minutes they just pranced around the ring not fighting

That wasn't the first three minutes, that was the first two rounds.

A lot of that has to do with WHO was fighting too. Some fights are better than others obviously. Kimbo Slice is a terrible excuse for an MMA fighter. He's there because of his name and how much money he MIGHT be able to make the UFC.

There's no guarantee though, that someone like Fedor wouldn't yoke Bruce Lee up in a kimora when he went for a punch too. I'm not that familiar with Bruce Lee, I know he was a badass and all, but he was more of a striking fighter and not a submission fighter, right?  A lot of that shit is mental and involves intelligence more than just brute strength. There's a lot more to an MMA fight under the surface.

--------------------

Invisiblecaptain.koons
Failed Botanist
Re: UFC -- what is the appeal? [Re: FarBeyondDriven]
    #388454 - 03/22/10 08:27 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

The thing about Bruce Lee is he was evasive as fuck, probably more so than Michida and we all know how successful that makes him. Bruce Lee also trained in BBJ for years before his death and I'm sure he's one who would ripen with age.

I'm not saying he would thump anyone in the UFC but I wouldn't put it past him if he was given a chance in his prime.

--------------------

TROLLS NEED LOVE TOO!

InvisibleFarBeyondDriven
Truthfully, I'm a bullshitter
Male User Gallery

Loc: Greenbow, Alabama
Re: UFC -- what is the appeal? [Re: captain.koons]
    #388486 - 03/22/10 09:08 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

captain.koons said:
The thing about Bruce Lee is he was evasive as fuck, probably more so than Michida and we all know how successful that makes him. Bruce Lee also trained in BBJ for years before his death and I'm sure he's one who would ripen with age.

I'm not saying he would thump anyone in the UFC but I wouldn't put it past him if he was given a chance in his prime.

I'm not saying he would or he wouldn't. I don't know a lot about him, I do know he's a bad muafucker though :lol: It all depends on who he was fighting, what that fighter was good at, and what Bruce Lee tried to do to him. :shrug: I wouldn't be surprised if he did, but I also wouldn't be surprised if he didn't, know what I mean? We need time machines FTW:rofl:

--------------------

OfflineDieselB
High Watt Closet
Male

#388681 - 03/23/10 11:13 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

captain.koons said:

Not really, and I think you mean BJJ? Lee studied many styles (3 major) to form his own hybrid style called Jeet Kune Do. I don't remember him training in any one philosophy except his own. Especially towards the end..

If you guys fail to see what its all about, why don't you learn? Right now they are considering removing something or another from the Olympics just so they can include Brazilian Jiu-jitsu. I personally think that says a lot about the sport. It's technical competition that draws, if you just see two guys rolling around on the floor, you only watched for five seconds and didn't give it a chance, your mind is already made up, so why ask?

--------------------
If you ain't smokin' dro, you're smokin' reggie. :shrug:

OfflineDoitagain
Smoothie therapist
Male User Gallery

Loc: i am everywhere and nowhe...
Re: UFC -- what is the appeal? [Re: DieselB]
    #388711 - 03/23/10 12:19 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

DieselB said:
Quote:

captain.koons said:

Not really, and I think you mean BJJ? Lee studied many styles (3 major) to form his own hybrid style called Jeet Kune Do. I don't remember him training in any one philosophy except his own. Especially towards the end..

If you guys fail to see what its all about, why don't you learn? Right now they are considering removing something or another from the Olympics just so they can include Brazilian Jiu-jitsu. I personally think that says a lot about the sport. It's technical competition that draws, if you just see two guys rolling around on the floor, you only watched for five seconds and didn't give it a chance, your mind is already made up, so why ask?

just by reading your post in the health-care thread i assumed by the lack of intelligence you displayed there that you would be a fan of this kind of stuff when i saw you had the last post in this thread.

I was right lol.  Also the fact that it might be in the olympics says dick about the sport, curling is an olympic sport as is synchronized swimming.

--------------------
ltd said:
fgts just don't understand

keep the shit

Invisiblecaptain.koons
Failed Botanist
    #388771 - 03/23/10 02:00 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Yes I meant BJJ and Jeet Kune Do was made from boxing, fencing, and judo but he wrote about him learning BJJ as he felt it was worth while.

--------------------

TROLLS NEED LOVE TOO!

OfflineDieselB
High Watt Closet
Male

#388843 - 03/23/10 03:21 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

captain.koons said:
Yes I meant BJJ and Jeet Kune Do was made from boxing, fencing, and judo but he wrote about him learning BJJ as he felt it was worth while.

Cool, I wasn't aware of that. I'm just remembering what I learned doing a small study on him in grade school years ago. Certainly worthwhile, and one of the most effective ways of defending yourself.

Great example of just how effective it really is:
Gracie BJJ dominates SWAT and Police Force

Doitagain, give it a rest, guy.. At what point did I say anything bad to you? I even gave you 5 despite the fact that we disagree, stop trollin' for my posts, please. Your arguments are bland.. They didn't just add curling and swimming recently, those are past times and thats probably why they're there.. If not, I don't know why. I was just saying that more people are accepting it as a legitimate sport, so you are in the minority of people who don't like it. MMA is fast becoming one of the most poular sport's out there.

You keep runnin' off claiming my lack of intelligence with no reason.. You're just showing your own ignorance, not mine. Keep jockin', it's amusing.

--------------------

OfflineDoitagain
Smoothie therapist
Male User Gallery

#388848 - 03/23/10 03:29 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

i'm not arguing that it's not a legitimate participant sport that doesn't require athleticism, i'm saying it's a crap spectator sport and the whole fascination with two guys rolling around on a mat just makes UFC fans seem gay.

Like if you actually train in MMA competitively or for fun I respect that,

if you sit on your couch guzzling beers and fried pork rhinds while you watch those sweaty mongoloids roll around in the octagon and don't have any athletic ability to yourself than i think you are a :homo:

--------------------
ltd said:

keep the shit

OfflineDieselB
High Watt Closet
Male

#388857 - 03/23/10 03:38 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

I use to be active in martial arts, but with the current back injury I can't really do squat.. I'm helping my girlfriend train though..

I don't drink much anymore, and I don't do prok rinds. Basically I sit there and watch it while hittin' my bong and eatin Nature Valley cashew granola bars. :thumbup:

--------------------

Invisiblecaptain.koons
Failed Botanist
    #388859 - 03/23/10 03:43 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Although it's good in a civilized fight it's not a good idea in a street fight or when you're fighting more than one guy. Self defense is rarely a situation where you don't need to worry about someone bashing your head into the sidewalk or kicking you when your on your back. I know guys who do the MMA thing at the gym training constantly and they can dump just about any bar brawler twice their size on their head but wouldn't dare go to the ground in a bar brawl.

You should watch the old videos of Gracie vs Chemo, this was when you could headbutt people and pull their hair in the octagon. He fought this dude who would basically be the equivalent to Shane Carwin or something and repeatedly had to tangle him up and headbutt him because he was just soo much bigger, luckily he didn't get his head stomped in.

Are you a fan of Pride? I always liked watching Shogun stomp people in the head for the KO and wonder how long it would take to snap someones neck. Soo surprised no one has died from that in Pride, yet.

--------------------

TROLLS NEED LOVE TOO!

OfflineDoitagain
Smoothie therapist
Male User Gallery

#388875 - 03/23/10 04:21 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

DieselB said:
I use to be active in martial arts, but with the current back injury I can't really do squat.. I'm helping my girlfriend train though..

I don't drink much anymore, and I don't do prok rinds. Basically I sit there and watch it while hittin' my bong and eatin Nature Valley cashew granola bars. :thumbup:

that i can respect then,

--------------------
ltd said:

keep the shit

OfflineTangerines
Grease Wizard
Male

#388881 - 03/23/10 04:26 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

we need to bring back gladiators.  Just use convicts and shit.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder