Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineTrueHerbCrystal
Uncertified Oregrowian
Male User Gallery

Loc: Emerald City Flag
Re: Light Shopping Today. [Re: mhbound]
    #382188 - 03/11/10 07:36 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Good to know dude. I'm glad were still digital buddies. A lot of other users do that do, what I like to call "Internet English". Its just simpler, faster, easier...well, you get the idea.

For me, it just feels weird doing it the wrong way, so I type in long-hand, so to speak. Each his own. At least you make sense: some of the stuff that Coasters says is like "Uh...what?". I think he's just really high all the time, or maybe really lazy...who knows.

PS
I love your little action-figure guy in your avatar! He looks so friendly handing me a fat bud like that. What a nice gesture....

Peace! :peace:
~ TrueHerbCrystal ~

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinehihungry
Stranger
Re: Light Shopping Today. [Re: TrueHerbCrystal]
    #382298 - 03/11/10 10:20 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

what i meant was, i was looking for hours trying to figure out where the bulb screws into on a hps security light. Some one above said they made aetup for around 40$ for hps. All the sec. lights are nearly $100+ bulb 10-20. and the remote ballast, where in a some thread were you all describing it?

Invisiblemhbound
Ballin out at all cost
Male User Gallery

Loc: High Flag
Re: Light Shopping Today. [Re: hihungry]
    #382302 - 03/11/10 10:33 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

I made that and home depot has them for 40 dollars and they are even cheaper online

and all of the ones I have bought come with a bulb...not the best but it works until you decide to upgrade...i mean youre using a security light so i doubt the bulb type is of much concern to you

--------------------
Suck my balls America

OfflineTrueHerbCrystal
Uncertified Oregrowian
Male User Gallery

#382318 - 03/11/10 11:20 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

hihungry said:

All the sec. lights are nearly $100+ bulb 10-20. and the remote ballast, where in a some thread were you all describing it?

After much searching, I finally found mhound's thread on his cheap HPS light set-up.

Its called "Cheap Bagseed Grow" and its got photos and instructions on how to make the light.

Kinda makes me wonder if I should use that instead of 125 watts of 2700K CFL's for my flowering phase coming up....Hmmm...Have to think about that one.

Hope that helps ya hihungry.

Imagine a The DIY HPS Light.
~ TrueHerbCrystal ~

Invisiblemhbound
Ballin out at all cost
Male User Gallery

#382324 - 03/11/10 11:30 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

well if anyone is actually doing it let me know and ill explain the wiring a little better and get better pictures before i put on the top..

i dont want anybody getting fried...im so safe with electricity and i almost stuck my finger in a live light socket the other day not fucking paying attention...anyway, yea i dont want this site getting bad rap because i didnt go more in to detail and you like burn down your hood

--------------------
Suck my balls America

OfflineTrueHerbCrystal
Uncertified Oregrowian
Male User Gallery

#382332 - 03/11/10 11:44 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Good point.

Wiring HPS lights, and writing a guide about how you made it while stoned does sound like a pretty scary combo. And you don't wanna come back here and find out that your advice caused someone's house to catch on fire...that would be the worst!

Maybe come back with a detailed tutorial on how to make them.

DIY wiring + Weed = Potential Disaster
~ TrueHerbCrystal ~

Invisiblemhbound
Ballin out at all cost
Male User Gallery

#382339 - 03/11/10 11:53 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Yea I put that in the original post but people just look at the pictures so I'll probably just add some better pictures and a little better explanation..

you pretty much cant mess it up even with my instructions...i mean i can writeup how to do it in 30 seconds but im not going to if nobody is going to use it.

--------------------
Suck my balls America

Offlinehihungry
Stranger
    #382664 - 03/12/10 06:10 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

il let u no if i need the wiring instructions.
iv seen the 100w bulbs at Doit Best but do they sell they security light and ballast there too or just online?

Invisiblemhbound
Ballin out at all cost
Male User Gallery

#382666 - 03/12/10 06:14 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

everything is inside 1 light if you look at my pictures you see that i took everything out and then made it a remote ballast to deal with heat

the light comes with the bulb...its in the box...everything is in the box...

you clearly dont need to do this...

--------------------
Suck my balls America

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds